Options

Update 4.9.0 - April's Update KK:H

Comments

• Options
    ZoyechkaZoyechka Registered Users 1,187 Posts
    I'd love for there to be a new update so I can feel excited about the game again. Last weekend's event really left me frustrated and mad. I spent almost $50 chasing that gift box hair, to no avail. I'm still bitter about it.
    ill top that. Mine was the worst, really. It was a virtual crackhead experience in Glu land. I chased last year's Queen of Hearts Halloween hair and spent $200. Worse, I did it in $5.00 increments.

Then i I told my landlady I didn't get enough hours at work so that's why I was short for rent. FML.
    GC: Zoë Strange
  • Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Zoyechka wrote: »
    ill top that. Mine was the worst, really. It was a virtual crackhead experience in Glu land. I chased last year's Queen of Hearts Halloween hair and spent $200. Worse, I did it in $5.00 increments.

Then i I told my landlady I didn't get enough hours at work so that's why I was short for rent. FML.

Dang gurl!! I feel ya.

#Storyofmylife
    PM to add
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Aww guys, I'm sorry you got the Chasin the hair bug. It happens to all of us at one time or another. You want to know a little trick of mine? When chasing something in the giftboxes, decide in advance how many stars you'll spend trying to get it, and then try not to stray from that. It's better to have a limit, and enjoy the ride up to that point. THen if you still want to chase more, fight with yourself a little, then (I always do this step).....I go into my wardrobe try and either create a similar look, or I sidetrack myself with a whole different look already in the closet.
    "I'll allow myself x amount of stars for the hair (or whatever" is a good first step guarding against over indulgence. It's like "Ok, going to the club, I'll have 2 drinks" It's easier to stick to your limit, if you set one in the first place. After you hit your limit, step back, and think if you really want to push for it. You should never spend more than you can comfortably. Next week it will be a new look. I have to be honest, I don't even remember what that cream colored top I chased looks like. Yet, I went through something like 500Stars on one device just for that darn top. And now, I don't even know what it looks like anymore. (not the fuzzy jacket one).

But....we're waiting for the update, and update time is always good. so........we think it will happen today? Or tomorrow when EHag celebrates her birthday.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    I hope it's today, need new goals! :(

Hope they'd let us choose separate eyebrow and hair color. And I want a new location with a cheaper house 'cause last three were $70,000 cash and $4,000 for the background. Oh, and a mid-week event too!
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    katiecat wrote: »
    All I want from the update is a fixed Android transfer, but that may never happen. Maybe for Christmas
    D:

I believe this is the most important now!

TBH I think the gameplay never been as good as now, of course it isn't perfect yet, more investment on the kustomization and wardrobe pieces by Glu would be something cool, but generally little things that annoyed me were fixed.

The boxes are definitely the most frustrating aspect of the game yet, but I'm already aware that it's there that they get the profit to keep the game rolling, so it's kind a necessary evil!

The best way to deal with those is how Koko said, set a limit on spending and enjoy the gambling, cause it's exactly what it is, with the exception that we always win (even if the prize in most cases is bad stuff) or simply put in mind that the items of the boxes aren't for us and try to ignore the existence of the possibility of acquiring them beyond the free box lol

Anyway update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    ticisssticisss Banned Users 811 Posts
    Another day of waiting... Here we go.

Update, Update, Update, Update, Update, Update!!!
  • Options
    evilhagevilhag Registered Users 923 Posts
    Ugh I really hoped today. I'm so anxious
    Put a cap on Trendspenders! 
    Give 20 daily videos to paying players!
    Bonus star for parties!
  • Options
    KatePillgrimKatePillgrim Registered Users 884 Posts
    Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease today!
    I'm so tired of waiting really :(
    A little bit of history of last year's spring updates: March, 2 — Kendall and Kylie were added; March, 31 *— Milan and Andre Leon Talley; April, 20 — Tokyo update. Not sure if it helps much... But still. For science.
    My name is Kate. Playing since 2014 *whew*
    I want to be your in-game friend! Please add me on Facebook:

• Options
    isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    Charli wrote: »
    I hope it's today, need new goals! :(

Hope they'd let us choose separate eyebrow and hair color. And I want a new location with a cheaper house 'cause last three were $70,000 cash and $4,000 for the background. Oh, and a mid-week event too!

Yes, new goals!

Also, I bought the last three "homes," and furnishings--but I'm not buying anymore one-room "homes" for $70,000, that's just ridiculous. (Ok, unless it's amazing.) Don't get me wrong, I think Mykonos was beautifully and spot-on designed, it looks just like irl. And I really like St. Barts and Montana a lot. (I bought Mykonos and St. Bart's for sentimental reasons, actually, and so the $70 grand price tags there didn't matter as far as I was concerned.) But places like Santa Barbara, New Jersey, and San Francisco, the interiors are just too unattractive to me to waste my kash buying them. Justice was not done for SF either, which makes it that little bit more undesirable to me. Yeah, yeah, it's just a game, I know. As for NJ, for me alone probably: I don't need, or want, "Dirty" Jersey (yikes! No offense to anyone from, or who lives there! Or who's happily ensconced in the place in the game) that's for sure, and the price to travel there makes me lmao because it's wayyyyy cheaper--like half the given price or less--to go from NYC to NJ for real than in the game. Which is negligible to me, but just saying. I keep considering the jet and then don't buy it because there are only airports in NY and Cali. I got the idea, however, this past weekend, from something someone wrote (sorry, I forgot who) that the plane could be taken anywhere...? Why is New Jersey in the game anyway, did I miss something? (Again, for me alone, if the room wasn't so displeasing-looking to me, I'd buy it just for the fact that my grandparents had their house down the block from the beach and boardwalk. Yeah, more sentimental purchases. Hey! You never know what's going to motivate someone! :p There may be people who consider it an awesome East Coast destination...I dunno, maybe Snooki and the Sitch left a sour alcoholic taste in my mouth.) But anyway....
  • Options
    AmiliciousAmilicious Registered Users 415 Posts
    isabeau wrote: »
    Yes, new goals!

Also, I bought the last three "homes," and furnishings--but I'm not buying anymore one-room "homes" for $70,000, that's just ridiculous. (Ok, unless it's amazing.) Don't get me wrong, I think Mykonos was beautifully and spot-on designed, it looks just like irl. And I really like St. Barts and Montana a lot. (I bought Mykonos and St. Bart's for sentimental reasons, actually, and so the $70 grand price tags there didn't matter as far as I was concerned.) But places like Santa Barbara, New Jersey, and San Francisco, the interiors are just too unattractive to me to waste my kash buying them. Justice was not done for SF either, which makes it that little bit more undesirable to me. Yeah, yeah, it's just a game, I know. As for NJ, for me alone probably: I don't need, or want, "Dirty" Jersey (yikes! No offense to anyone from, or who lives there! Or who's happily ensconced in the place in the game) that's for sure, and the price to travel there makes me lmao because it's wayyyyy cheaper--like half the given price or less--to go from NYC to NJ for real than in the game. Which is negligible to me, but just saying. I keep considering the jet and then don't buy it because there are only airports in NY and Cali. I got the idea, however, this past weekend, from something someone wrote (sorry, I forgot who) that the plane could be taken anywhere...? Why is New Jersey in the game anyway, did I miss something? (Again, for me alone, if the room wasn't so displeasing-looking to me, I'd buy it just for the fact that my grandparents had their house down the block from the beach and boardwalk. Yeah, more sentimental purchases. Hey! You never know what's going to motivate someone! :p There may be people who consider it an awesome East Coast destination...I dunno, maybe Snooki and the Sitch left a sour alcoholic taste in my mouth.) But anyway....
    The plane means free flying anywhere and it was the best purchase I ever made in this game. I highly recommend it, especially for grindy weekend events.
  • Options
    hyerileehyerilee Registered Users 181 Posts
    I want an option to trade items from events to someone who needs better than me. And I can have access from items who I lost in the past
  • Options
    hyerilee wrote: »
    I want an option to trade items from events to someone who needs better than me. And I can have access from items who I lost in the past

Trading would be cool, but I don't think these features will ever be added to the game.

• Options
    ok, we need a little update mojo going here. How about sing to the tune of Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, we'll write a song parody together.

Update, Update in our game,
    Please pop up for us to claim.

With a bunch new clothes to buy
    things for girl and things for guy

Update update in our game,
    please pop up for us to claim.

Feel free to add your own verses. ;)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    hyerilee wrote: »

Maybe like a marketplace to buy and sell would be good. Good way to make KStars or get past event items.
    PM to add
  • Options
    evilhagevilhag Registered Users 923 Posts
    Naimonster wrote: »
    Maybe like a marketplace to buy and sell would be good. Good way to make KStars or get past event items.

a marketplace would be a dream come true. I've accidentally bought so many things I have no desire to own, would be great to make even half back on those items haha
    Put a cap on Trendspenders! 
    Give 20 daily videos to paying players!
    Bonus star for parties!
  • Options
    FrancescahillFrancescahill Registered Users 1,288 Posts
    Seems like not today either? :(
  • Options
    I remember some updates that came a little later than the others... Remember the Halloween update? Yeah.
  • Options
    C'mon, glu!
  • Options
    LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,454 Posts
    I checked the update history and saw that the last time an update took more than a month was the December 2014-January 2015 update!!
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    I'm still optimistic. It's odd that the FanClub and FB and Insta aren't gurgling with rumor. It's quiet. Toooooooooooo quiet. lol.

I am however, finishing up a few remaining gigs on one of the Androids. Do we have a larger number of updates on Wednesday, I wonder.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    LindaVB wrote: »
    I checked the update history and saw that the last time an update took more than a month was the December 2014-January 2015 update!!

Yeah but the update took more time because they released the Christmas update in December and then in January before the update they added a lot of clothes and then the hamptons update which was a little big.....
  • Options
    LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,454 Posts
    Exactly, so I'm hoping this update is big!!
    Yeah but the update took more time because they released the Christmas update in December and then in January before the update they added a lot of clothes and then the hamptons update which was a little big.....
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    I'm still optimistic. It's odd that the FanClub and FB and Insta aren't gurgling with rumor. It's quiet. Toooooooooooo quiet. lol.

I am however, finishing up a few remaining gigs on one of the Androids. Do we have a larger number of updates on Wednesday, I wonder.

1- Mondays
    2- Tuesdays
    3- Thursdays
    4- Wednesdays

We didn't have so many updates on Wednesdays maybe 3 or 4 max.
  • Options
    It's been a month! Glu should give us REALLY cool stuff. New stuff. Great stuff. But I have the feeling that the update will come just with a house with one room, six pieces of clothing and some gigs. That's it.
  • Options
    Well maybe there's still hope? In San Franscisco is not even 12pm
  • Options
    Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    I still have a lot of gigs to do from the two previous updates. Darn it! Why I'm still getting leftovers for⁉lol:D
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    ticisss wrote: »
    It's been a month! Glu should give us REALLY cool stuff. New stuff. Great stuff. But I have the feeling that the update will come just with a house with one room, six pieces of clothing and some gigs. That's it.

Yeah like all the other updates they should release something interesting. Just surprise us Glu.
  • Options
    I still have a lot of gigs to do from the two previous updates. Darn it! Why I'm still getting leftovers for⁉lol:D

Me too I didn't even start the Montana gigs yet.
  • Options
    Well maybe there's still hope? In San Franscisco is not even 12pm

I remember when the Halloween update came at 7 pm or 8 pm here in my country. It's 3:48 pm now, so there's still hope.
  • Options
    If it's not in 6 minutes, I'm going to bed hoping that I'll wake up to it. Ughhh I hate waiting.