Options

Monday Musings.....hoping for a midweek...*wink wink nudge nudge

kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
Happy Happy Happy Monday Guys and Dolls. We are such a conditional lot. Used to be Mondays meant a lot of
"I'm so bored during the week. Why can't we have midweek events" posts,
to our now optimistic, excited, and hopeful posts of
"OMG, it's Monday. I wonder if we'll have an event Tomorrow" posts,

It's a brand new week, so, what better thing to do than to hang here, pinning our hopes and dreams on the mystery of what the event will be.
The ever loving Throwback Event (rumored to now include the ability to buy and extra box at the end?)
The intriguing but glitchy Fashion Voting Event.......
Or some new, exciting as yet unexplored Mystery Event.

Or, if the Grinch stole Tuesdays, and there's no event.

I have no personal knowledge about anything, but I have to put the possibility of Gloom and Doom out there, just so no one thinks we have absolute knowledge of anything happening.

So let's watch for those little loading signs, first one to spot it is my hero.

So, what event are you hoping for? Any suggestions for a new event? ( We're talking about 'Doesn't cost a cent' type of Mid Week Event ) let your imagination run wild. Let's give Glu some seeds for thought. I think the best thing they've ever done is to include midweek freebie events.

So lets all enjoy this Anticipation Monday!

If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
I Am NOT a Glu Employee
🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
💜Vats
💜#VipKalinda
#RecollectionsMayVary
Prev13456712

Comments

• Options
    LenochkaLenochka Registered Users 179 Posts
    I really hope we have an event tomorrow, it's my birthday and it would be nice to celebrate with another throwback. Or even a new event!!!!! Preferably without spending any KStars as I spend all my savings chasing the ombré hair with no luck. It will now be archived as the one that got away! *sigh* So yeah any event will be great, and it would be amazing if some new items were added into the boxes like perk points or the partnerships.
    Hoping everyone is having a great start to the week!!!
    My Doll's Name is 🌸Kara🌸
    Level 42 - A+++
    Platform: iOS
  • Options
    Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    I really hope we get a throwback voting event or even just a voting event in general so I can reach all 4 boxes for once XP

Kanye's birthday is wednesday and isn't the 2nd anniversary soon too? I wonder what's in store for the latter and if we'll have anything happen for the former......
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
  • Options
    OMG. A Midweek Event & Birthday thread all in one. Hang on Let me unlock the party room and grab some supplies. Happy Birthday Lenochka. Welcome to the Gemini Club. What is your favorite color, and what kind of music do you like? Any special things you're crazy about? Fairies? Butterflies? Jewelry, Cars? What's your secret obsession?
    HappybirthdayDove67.gif

P.S. I realize that asking a Gemini to pick something is like someone getting stuck in a revolving door. We could be here a while. It's not that we can't pick our favorite, but that 'other' voice always gets a say. And unless there is a third inner personality to cast the tiebreaker we could be here all day. lol.

Please, I'm a full blown Gemini+. If I can't joke about it, who can? Just ask my husband at a restaurant. Pick my usual, or we could be at the table all night while making up our Gemini braintrust.

Happy Happy Birthday.

Hopin for another Throwback.

Anyone have any ideas for how we start the waiting for the mini update chant? That's a lot of words. Somebody else start the chant. I have to go tap. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    OMG. A Midweek Event & Birthday thread all in one. Hang on Let me unlock the party room and grab some supplies. Happy Birthday Lenochka. Welcome to the Gemini Club. What is your favorite color, and what kind of music do you like? Any special things you're crazy about? Fairies? Butterflies? Jewelry, Cars? What's your secret obsession

P.S. I realize that asking a Gemini to pick something is like someone getting stuck in a revolving door. We could be here a while. It's not that we can't pick our favorite, but that 'other' voice always gets a say. And unless there is a third inner personality to cast the tiebreaker we could be here all day. lol.

Please, I'm a full blown Gemini+. If I can't joke about it, who can? Just ask my husband at a restaurant. Pick my usual, or we could be at the table all night while making up our Gemini braintrust.
    Happy Happy Birthday.

Hopin for another Throwback.

Anyone have any ideas for how we start the waiting for the mini update chant? That's a lot of words. Somebody else start the chant. I have to go tap. :)

Thank you so much Koko my bday is tomorrow and I'm already getting birthday wishes :D
    Glad to be part of the Gemini Club!!!
    I love Mauve colours, RnB Music, Dimonds and Sparkly stuff :)
    Lol but like you said 'Revolving Doors' are still in motion
    Gemini+ are great we keep life interesting ;) hehe
    My Doll's Name is 🌸Kara🌸
    Level 42 - A+++
  • Options
    CherreyCherrey Registered Users 1,496 Posts
    Lenochka wrote: »
    my bday is tomorrow and I'm already getting birthday wishes :D

I'd freak out if I'd get birthday wishes before I actually have birthday :D In Germany it's considered bad luck if someone wishes you happy birthday in advance :(
  • Options
    wow. I never knew that. You get cards in the mail, and can't control them. Do you just leave them and not open them in that situation? Please please remind me of this if your birthday leaks, and we start to celebrate.

I'm off to find some Joe Bonamassa
    (He was a guest on my radio show. And we were taking calls, and my son and husband crank called. They had Joe's CD ready to blast, and my 9 year old son called and said "Joe I really like your music, I'm learning guitar and hope I'm as good as you some day.

Joe was very encouraging, and said "you want to play for us if it's ok wth Kat? Your guitar handy. Baba said sure, hold on, and my husband turned on the CD, and coming through the phone Joe couldn't hear that well. He started truly praising the 9 year old prodigy. Finally I shut it down, I told Joe "I'm sorry I think they're playing games Joe, That sounds like they're palying your CD over the phone. Joe had a good laugh over it, and said, "Good thing I can play, looks like I'm not too smart otherwise". It was a great call, but I couldn't tell him it was my nitwit family, so we just blew it off as a crank call, but holly fudge. A musician can't tell when his own record is playing? Good times. Now, after all that, I hope you like Joey B.)

Sigh, I go week for a strong Shredder. Good thing my hubby plays. That's how I met him. I Yoko'd the band. lol. Except I left the Bass player for the lead.

And Cherrey, today I'll say Happy Monday, tomorrow ....it's Happy Birthday. Cool? lol. I am never one to step on others customs. Plus, I'm part German.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Cherrey wrote: »
    I'd freak out if I'd get birthday wishes before I actually have birthday :D In Germany it's considered bad luck if someone wishes you happy birthday in advance :(

Oh, I didn't know that!!
    BDN8BqYikeV2g.gif

Lol going to stock up on these to level out the luck a bit :) Every little helps.

image.jpg
    My Doll's Name is 🌸Kara🌸
    Level 42 - A+++
  • Options
    CherreyCherrey Registered Users 1,496 Posts
    It's actually pretty easy to control birthday cards in Germany. The postal service here is very reliable and a card usually needs a day to arrive. Most of the cards arrive on point, some a day later, but pretty much never too early :D

In Germany we often celebrate into someones birthday. That means we invite the guests the evening before we have birthday and when the clock strikes midnight, the people start congratulating and gifting. If someone would congratulate me before midnight I would kick them out and think "Gosh, he wants me to die!" :D
  • Options
    hyerileehyerilee Registered Users 181 Posts
    I just wanna remind you guys that after this update, we are now able to open a second box for 60 k-stars.

13331109_1015583651812229_314224624668366735_n.jpg
  • Options
    Thanks Doll. I mentioned that in the opening post, but it's great to see it in graphic color. I finished just before it rolled out last week. I'm very excited for that extra box.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    CchairccCchaircc Registered Users 284 Posts
    Ugggg Mondays need more excitement in the KKH land!!! They should do a one day voting event or something haha I'm needy I know!!
  • Options
    Excitement>...... Ok. Stripper Name!!!. Take the name of your 1st pet, and the name of your 1st street. Boom! That's your Stripper Name. Mine is Mickey Broadway. What's yours?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    CchairccCchaircc Registered Users 284 Posts
    Mine is Sasha elm hahaha seems legit!!! Thanks for the beautiful dress KoKo :) purple of course!!
  • Options
    plasticsunshineplasticsunshine Registered Users 40 Posts
    Can I just say that I love reading Koko's posts? IDK why but you seem like such optimistic and happy girl that even seeing your username puts smile on my face. (I've been lurking a lot on this forum BTW :cool:)
    *feelslikeacreep* :o:o

*It is also a bad luck to wish somebody a happy birthday here in Croatia :)
  • Options
    Aww, shucks. I love to spread purple. ANd, I LOVE that stripper name. You could have male backup dancers and call yourself
    Sasha Elm and the Lumberjacks
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    The hair got away from me too Lenochka :( and after reading this thread I will save birthday wishes to you until tomorrow...don't need any bad luck ;)
    Lenochka wrote: »
    I really hope we have an event tomorrow, it's my birthday and it would be nice to celebrate with another throwback. Or even a new event!!!!! Preferably without spending any KStars as I spend all my savings chasing the ombré hair with no luck. It will now be archived as the one that got away! *sigh* So yeah any event will be great, and it would be amazing if some new items were added into the boxes like perk points or the partnerships.
    Hoping everyone is having a great start to the week!!!
  • Options
    Can I just say that I love reading Koko's posts? IDK why but you seem like such optimistic and happy girl that even seeing your username puts smile on my face. (I've been lurking a lot on this forum BTW :cool:)
    *feelslikeacreep* :o:o

*It is also a bad luck to wish somebody a happy birthday here in Croatia :)

Hi and Welcome. So, we can talk about the birthday, but just can't say the words till tomorrow?

You sounds like a ray of sunshine yourself. :) As a Gemini+ I have my bad moments. If my hair wasn't straight as spaghetti, you could say the rhyme about When she was good she was very very good, but when she was bad she was horrid applies here. lol.

Lurkers aren't strangers, they're simply quiet family members. Very very quiet. Glad you found your voice. Now, how about your Exotic Dancer name? Yeah, that's better than Stripper. Exotic Dancers got their start in Europe and more exotic locales. Yeah, a little class to the topic. Here's a famous early Exotic Dancer......infamous Spy Mata Hari.

mata_hari_4.jpg
    Fascinating life. Very troubled youth, the wrong men. Same ole same ole.

While we await, the mini update loading sign, and a possible mid week event and a definite Birthday Party..... what's YOUR Exotic Dancer Name? Name of first pet for the first name, 1st Street name for the 2nd.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    plasticsunshineplasticsunshine Registered Users 40 Posts
    Hi and Welcome. So, we can talk about the birthday, but just can't say the words till tomorrow?

You sounds like a ray of sunshine yourself. :) As a Gemini+ I have my bad moments. If my hair wasn't straight as spaghetti, you could say the rhyme about When she was good she was very very good, but when she was bad she was horrid applies here. lol.

Lurkers aren't strangers, they're simply quiet family members. Very very quiet. Glad you found your voice. Now, how about your Exotic Dancer name? Yeah, that's better than Stripper. Exotic Dancers got their start in Europe and more exotic locales. Yeah, a little class to the topic. Here's a famous early Exotic Dancer......infamous Spy Mata Hari.

mata_hari_4.jpg
    Fascinating life. Very troubled youth, the wrong men. Same ole same ole.

While we await, the mini update loading sign, and a possible mid week event and a definite Birthday Party..... what's YOUR Exotic Dancer Name? Name of first pet for the first name, 1st Street name for the 2nd.

Yeah, the 'rules' are that you can talk about the birthday,plan the party and the gifts. But don't say a happy birthday to the person. Side note,also when a person is about to sneeze you don't say Bless you until the person is done. If that makes sense :P

As my exotic dance name goes, I've only ever had one pet in my life sadly. He was a turtle and his name was Pero. And for my name I'm gonna have to go with Pero New York (as all my streets have 'weird' letters that I'm sure this forum won't post,so I'm going with my favourite city instead). Hope that works :)

tumblr_lvwo3xglLc1qb7ucoo1_500_zpsjn7ybhfi.gif
  • Options
    Awesome Pero. You don't need a last name when you post a pole dancing Bunny rabbit. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    CooleenCooleen Registered Users 80 Posts
    Lol!

My name would be Fluffy Shirley!
    Game Centre Name: ColleenAndrew. - KKH: Cools
  • Options
    stephk11stephk11 Registered Users 139 Posts
    I know in Russia it's also considered bad luck to wish happy birthday in advance. So we've got Germany, Croatia, and Russia. Maybe it's a European custom/belief? Or maybe it's most of the world? It's so common in the US to say or write things like, "Happy Birthday, in advance!" or "Merry Christmas, in advance!" Even though I had a Russian friend who explained why she didn't like that, it's so ingrained here that it's hard to remember. But for those of us who slip up, please don't hesitate to correct us - it's good to be reminded of these things!

As for another throwback tomorrow, please, please, please, Glu! I think it is so amazing that they do this. If I ever get irritated about things like how they changed the refresh of the tappables from 2 minutes to 3, or how they made 3 hour parties so much more difficult to complete, or how they still have not given us CLOSET ORGANIZATION, I just think about all the great stuff I've gotten from the throwbacks, and all is forgiven. :)

Oh, and my stripper name - Matilda Courtland, which sounds more like the name of a sweet little old lady than a stripper.

Has anyone seen the movie, Spy, with Melissa McCarthy? If you haven't, you should! It's hilarious. Her character and another character discuss their stripper names, and McCarthy's character was "Meatball Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard."
  • Options
    ButtielButtiel Registered Users 106 Posts
    I am so gonna need a different set up for the stripper name. No one wants a lapdance from 'Krümel Puschkin'. Yikes!

Not gonna lie, 'merry christmas in advance' gave me the creeps haha. That sounds so weird. No one I know would kick someone out about saying 'Happy Birthday' too soon though. It's mostly a joke here? No big deal when it comes down to it. I have a theory that a lot of the things that are 'different in Germany' are mostly tied to the south though. It's not fool-proof, but usually when I feel like things aren't that different here, it's people from the middle to the south that I'm disagreeing with! Feels like I'm in a part of the country that's...less German than the rest. :p
  • Options
    OMG, Mermaid baby costume in the wardrobe! (LOL if this was already announced, man am I late to the party. )
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Wow. Fluffy, Your name needs no explanation. It's the ultimate Strip.....er Exotic Dancer Name. Hey fluffy...you're on in 10.

Now Matilda Courtland sounds like this very proper lady, maybe you dress as a librarian. You know you come out like this
    D4B94B2B-B563-4B60-A09F-B311B4B6ADAC_zpsdzrqkboa.jpg

And then the music starts and you end up like this..............

3B9EC80B-DACD-41DF-A88C-A93E8D2EB9A7_zpspyzwbhvm.jpg
    And that is how Matilda Courtland could pull it off. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    LantsPanceLantsPance Registered Users 998 Posts
    Lol this thread has me laughing so hard. I guess my stripper name would be Benji Cameilla, which doesn't sound very fitting for a guy! xD
    Daily iOS KKH player
  • Options
    stephk11stephk11 Registered Users 139 Posts
    I'm dying here, Koko!!! Yes, that is the perfect Matilda Courtland! I also imagine her parents have a lot of money, and they only see their sweet, precious daughter in her librarian mode. They probably call her Tilly. Little do they know that when the sun sets, the REAL Matilda comes out to play.
  • Options
    LantsPance wrote: »
    Lol this thread has me laughing so hard. I guess my stripper name would be Benji Cameilla, which doesn't sound very fitting for a guy! xD

Ok, your's def doesn't work.......so we'll need a 2nd method if the first doesn't work. ok, put the B&C together, and how about the name of the nearest big city...... I'd be MB Manhattan (Mickey Broadway) Like a Dallas, or a phoenix or a Luxemborg (can't do the umlauts) Those kind of names are always attention grabbing. Maybe stick a light up map of the city you take across your costume bottom. Like they say in the Movie Gypsy......ya gotta have a gimmick.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Cooleen wrote: »
    Lol!

My name would be Fluffy Shirley!

You know what.....if it doesn't work, post what it is, and then pick a stri......darn, there I go again, pick a name fit for an exotic dancer. Guys.....share yours too, then give us your Chippendale name. But ONLY if the real game name doesn't work.

So Fluffy and LantsPants, pick better Stripper names for yourselves. See? I keep trying but I can't shake it. I can't stop calling it a stripper name. :( My bad. My very very bad.

Hey.....anyone get a miniupdate meter yet?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    LantsPanceLantsPance Registered Users 998 Posts
    You know what.....if it doesn't work, post what it is, and then pick a stri......darn, there I go again, pick a name fit for an exotic dancer. Guys.....share yours too, then give us your Chippendale name. But ONLY if the real game name doesn't work.

So Fluffy and LantsPants, pick better Stripper names for yourselves. See? I keep trying but I can't shake it. I can't stop calling it a stripper name. :( My bad. My very very bad.

Hey.....anyone get a miniupdate meter yet?

Just checked. No mini-update for me and it has usually happened by now.
    Daily iOS KKH player
  • Options
    Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    Lol my stripper name would be Dulce de Leche hahaha
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections