Options

Monday Musings.....hoping for a midweek...*wink wink nudge nudge

Comments

• Options
    eggsandbananaseggsandbananas Registered Users, Moderators 400 Posts
    Keem wrote: »
    Omg!!! I was at 280 points into the throwback 5 minutes ago!,
    I just loaded my game, and ***? I'm at 0 / 600 points!!

My throwback has reset!!!

Hi Keem,

We just pushed a fix for Android which would allow everyone to get Throwback Events (some people were missing them). A side effect of this fix is that users who were already progressing on a Throwback Event would be reset. You will not have lost any of your items -- this actually means you get more chances at gift boxes now.

I will send you a PM to discuss your situation! :)

For any other Android users who were on their way to a box but got reset, please send me a PM.

Thanks!
    Save your Hollywood IDs so we can better help you! (Top left menu > Help > Copy ID)
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Android should be up, I opened the game and it came right up. I last checked 5 or so minutes ago. YAY
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    JulesmoJulesmo Registered Users 640 Posts
    Ok I have the TB event now. Just curious, are we supposed to be able to buy a second box for kstars? I wasn't offered that. I was thinking I might do it one time and saved some stars for it. If not, no biggie, free is super!
  • Options
    SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    Well this was bound to happen sooner or later :p the hair is cute, too bad I'll never wear it lol

image.jpg1_zpsjsyqbp0o.jpg
  • Options
    Lol. The minute I walk away, it pops up. Never fails. lol. Happy tapping guys, it's been a lot of fun while the chips were down with everyone here today. You know what I noticed? Even though a lot of us couldn't play, then some of us could, we were all really happy for those who could, and celebrated with them when they got great prizes.

You are all truly a lovely bunch of Kokonuts.

Lol, this tracks into more about kokonuts.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    unique123unique123 Registered Users 291 Posts
    Julesmo wrote: »
    Ok I have the TB event now. Just curious, are we supposed to be able to buy a second box for kstars? I wasn't offered that. I was thinking I might do it one time and saved some stars for it. If not, no biggie, free is super!

I also just got the event and was not able to buy a second box :( very disappointing !

*ANDROID player - PM me to add!
  • Options
    Julesmo wrote: »

I'm sorry I was so giddy I had a box on my Android, I didn't notice. I'll watch for the next one and post here for you, if no one else does first.

ETA: it could simply be a platform thing. We'll try and find out more when it becomes more apparent. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    CherreyCherrey Registered Users 1,496 Posts
    SugarK wrote: »
    Well this was bound to happen sooner or later :p the hair is cute, too bad I'll never wear it lol

image.jpg1_zpsjsyqbp0o.jpg

I also won the pirate hat. FINALLY! I hate it, but I'm so happy it's not gonna haunt me anymore :D
  • Options
    Hi. My other Android got the first box, and there was not a opportunity to get another box. So, I'll ask about it, but I'm wondering if you can buy a box at the end of the four (I'd heard that rumored about the event yesterday) or if Android just doesn't get it now. But in most probability, when the Throwback rolls out again next time, I'm sure things will be fine tuned and perhaps the platforms will be the same as far as buying other boxes go.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    FinFin Registered Users 211 Posts
    I don't know if someone already mentioned this but to all the players whose points went back to zero, were you all able to get the tb before the fix? Like, on the usual time? I got mine on the exact time and I didn't have the glitch unlike most of you people here on the forum. My point is, I think when the fix was released, it fixed ALL the games and restarted every single game's points. Which included the ones who got the tb earlier than the others. I was already finished with my 2nd box and now my points are back to zero. I'm kinda happy and sad :p I'm happy cause I get 4 more boxes ;) But I'm sad cause I'm back to zero again :(

PS: I just got my 3rd box (which is my 1st box on this *fixed* tb) and I got shoes. AGAIN. And.ugly.shoes.

Edit: Okay, I just realized it was already been confirmed by Glu staff :p Also, I didn't get the option to buy a 2nd box even when I had my **unfixed** throwback :confused:
    Hi! Call me Fin! Daily KKH and KKG player

KKH:
    Alison Jane: Level 26 A on Android
    Ali Lois: Level 55 A+++ on Android
    Katherine Pierce: Level 37 A++ on iOS
    Maidelle Queen: Level 12 C on Facebook

KKG:
    Alison Jane(@ali_xoxo): Level 11 on Android
    Ali Lois(@ali_lois): Level 22 on Android

PM me for requests.
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    I'm glad it was fixed!

I assured my first box, however the result wasn't very satisfactory (as always!) I got the beige cargo jacket over a blue shirt from a VIP event I believe ... I remember when it was released for the first time I was like 'No, thank you!' and I continue with the same opinion.

Sometimes I feel that choosing a throwback box can be as frustrating as receive the hated 4K K $, of course I have earned some useful items, but most of the times it seems 'Oh, more clothes to take up space in the wardrobe'.

The most curious thing is that I always had a kind of regret for not chasing the items from the event boxes as if I was losing a lot of fantastic things, but looking now I wonder 'Where are all those clothes to die for?'.:confused:

Just random thoughts :p

It wasn't offered a second box to me too, not that I wanted one though.
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    I'm really angry about this throwback.

Some people got the event right from the start, and are able to open additional boxes for Kstars AND get their points reset and are allowed to open even more boxes because of that. I as an Android user feel pretty silly again because I lost half a day of the event and I can be pretty sure that I'm not going to reach the 4th box after all. The lucky users who got the event early enough are even more lucky because of all the extra items they get because of the bonus boxes and the reset. It just sucks.

Sorry for the rant, but at least there could be some kind of compensation because I hate it when some players are more privileged than others.
  • Options
    CilanCilan Registered Users 298 Posts
    Cherrey wrote: »

Some people got the event right from the start, and are able to open additional boxes for Kstars AND get their points reset and are allowed to open even more boxes because of that. I as an Android user feel pretty silly again because I lost half a day of the event and I can be pretty sure that I'm not going to reach the 4th box after all. The lucky users who got the event early enough are even more lucky because of all the extra items they get because of the bonus boxes and the reset. It just sucks.

Sorry for the rant, but at least there could be some kind of compensation because I hate it when some players are more privileged than others.

Yep. I agree!

And in my case,

I started a bunch of gigs waiting for the throwback which never came... Thus it caused me to keep checking back, but not at the attention span as if a throwback event was active... Plus with me waiting for the throwback, I had to do some shenanigans with the gig star amounts, so that caused me to 4-star a few gigs which reset my 150 in a row achievements which I COMPLETED for Modeling gigs and Photoshoots BACK TO ZERO. LOL!!! Ugh. That is going to take me months or a year to get back, if I even have the will to get back to the 150 in a row since getting those types of gigs are super rare....

I know it's also my fault and that I should have checked back more frequently if I really cared which is what some people would say, but I really want to write in to Glu and ask for some compensation due to the stars I spent on this game, but don't want to abuse the ticket system and unsure if I should do it or not... Oh well..
  • Options
    Cilan wrote: »
    Yep. I agree!

And in my case,

I started a bunch of gigs waiting for the throwback which never came... Thus it caused me to keep checking back, but not at the attention span as if a throwback event was active... Plus with me waiting for the throwback, I had to do some shenanigans with the gig star amounts, so that caused me to 4-star a few gigs which reset my 150 in a row achievements which I COMPLETED for Modeling gigs and Photoshoots BACK TO ZERO. LOL!!! Ugh. That is going to take me months or a year to get back, if I even have the will to get back to the 150 in a row since getting those types of gigs are super rare....

I know it's also my fault and that I should have checked back more frequently if I really cared which is what some people would say, but I really want to write in to Glu and ask for some compensation due to the stars I spent on this game, but don't want to abuse the ticket system and unsure if I should do it or not... Oh well..

Ugh. I feel you. The thing with the achievement is really annoying and I understand your frustration. You put a lot effort in that one :(
  • Options
    ChicCharlotteChicCharlotte Registered Users 571 Posts
    We Android users surely are Glu's forgotten child, always left for last. I asked for compensation in event points once before when we lost a full day, but Glu said they could not do that. You could always ask though, perhaps they will do it this time.

I realize we're likely the smaller group of users... but still, it's no fun watching everyone else starting to play as we're checking over and over (and over and over) again to see if our update has finally arrived. At least we get SOME free stuff and as long as these throwback events continue, it will all even out in the end I imagine.
    Began an iOS game and need friends!
    Also deleted old Facebook account. Please refriend me if you play iOS.
    https://facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009525168362
  • Options
    wolfandbutler2wolfandbutler2 Registered Users 351 Posts
    I don't think Glu can offer you event points, but they COULD extend the event for an extra six hours. That way we at least are given the same amount of time to reach the fourth box that we normally are. If anyone from Glu is reading this... please consider.
    GC: wolfandbutler2 /// IG: wolfandbutler.kkh
  • Options
    I was told when there was a glitch with the black friday sale, it got cut off 12 hours early, as sympathetic as Glu was, the mechanics of the game and scheduled events can not intentionally be altered once they're set. They're set way in advance, and can't be extended or time changed to accomodate errors. So, if they couldn't put the time back on the event for that, I wouldn't think they can do it for this.

I'll inquire and post the results, as they say....it never hurts to ask, right? No way will I hear anything before tomorrow. But I promise I'll look into it. I had 3 games circling the field.

Now Grind everyone, grind. That's what I'm going to do.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    maxrockatanskymaxrockatansky Registered Users 578 Posts
    Hi everyone! I'm sorry I've been so MIA lately, but I've been trying to check in and visit. I've missed everyone! I managed to get to box three. Last week I picked all bummer boxes, but this week has been very kind to me and I wanted to show off some of my looks (and some of Skylar's plastic surgery, which she is still touchy about).

JCOHpsK.jpg

I think I like the smoky cat eye on her, but I'm not 100% sure. I'll post my boxes if anyone wants to see what was in them. Have I said I missed you guys?
  • Options
    Box 2!

CkY-ysUVAAA0_RJ.jpg:large

CkY3K7JUkAACGIX.jpg:large
  • Options
    ARTPOPARTPOP Registered Users 530 Posts
    Yeah same here still no option to buy the second box
  • Options
    maxrockatanskymaxrockatansky Registered Users 578 Posts
    I didn't get an option to buy a second box last week, but I'm getting that option this week. I hope everyone gets access to this feature soon!

Here's last week:

YSjq0NC.jpg

It was pretty meh.

And this week!

Agtwqub.jpg
  • Options
    SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    Yes Cherrey thankfully we got them out of the way. Now bring on the good stuff :D
    I also won the pirate hat. FINALLY! I hate it, but I'm so happy it's not gonna haunt me anymore :D
  • Options
    To those who are saying they aren't being given the option to buy a second box - how many k-stars do you have? I've noticed that so far, everyone who says they couldn't buy a second box who has also posted a screenshot of their palette has always had less than 60 k-stars. My guess is if you have under 60 you don't get the option, and if you have more than 60 you do.

Box 3!

CkZQf0xUgAAqv8w.jpg:large

CkZQctfUoAEpRi4.jpg:large
  • Options
    Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    Omg I'm such a klutz!!! I'm so clumsy. Carol Davida won a pair of 4th of July denim shorts and I completely forgot to take a screenshot from my first game. I was unhappy at the moment when I really wanted my doll to win a dress or a hairstyle.

Carolyn Ferocious won a striped pair of pants. Here's my screen shot from my second game.
    22i8ph.jpg
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    LantsPanceLantsPance Registered Users 998 Posts
    To those who are saying they aren't being given the option to buy a second box - how many k-stars do you have? I've noticed that so far, everyone who says they couldn't buy a second box who has also posted a screenshot of their palette has always had less than 60 k-stars. My guess is if you have under 60 you don't get the option, and if you have more than 60 you do.

Box 3!

CkZQf0xUgAAqv8w.jpg:large

CkZQctfUoAEpRi4.jpg:large

Untrue. I have less than 60 stars and got option from my first box. Good theory though.
    Daily iOS KKH player
  • Options
    cocofabulouscocofabulous Registered Users 442 Posts
    Welp, three purses and counting. Not a good TB week for me. Boo. :(
    GC: Coco Fabulous
  • Options
    I can buy through a VIP to completion and at least with their first boxes, no chance to buy an additional box. I did get the offer and took advantage with my iOS, but not with my Android. and I thought those who couldn't have all been android. I'm pretty sure I checked that in the Event Glitch thread, But, I did say I was checking on it, and would post when I got a reply to my inquirty. Hopefully in the morning. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    2d9dxj6.jpg

1st box outfit. Like it, except the turtleneck.

2432aty.jpg

Skirt from the 2nd box, meh. Kinda tough to fashion with.
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts

Thank god I'm not the only one feeling this way. I saw some people got to open 8 boxes for free, and some opened 16 boxes in total.

Does anyone know what's the cut-off time before the points required is cut in half?
    PM to add
  • Options
    LantsPanceLantsPance Registered Users 998 Posts
    First box with disgusting shoes, haha. But I'm glad to not have them in pallettes anymore.

eoBiNU.png

Second box... much better!

b0MOkO.png

IjrdWg.png

I like this top. And please excuse my rank D+! Working on first comeback, lol
    Daily iOS KKH player