Options

Monday Musings.....hoping for a midweek...*wink wink nudge nudge

Comments

• Options
    ofortunaofortuna Registered Users 137 Posts
    Cherrey wrote: »
    I wish I had a shortened period of time aswell, Nai.

I'm really not happy with this event at all. I have the feeling that this event was against me right from the beginning. I feel silly because I spent so much money and time on this game and yet other players are more privileged and have more chances to expand their games than me.

It's just frustrating.

Hey Cherrey, I totally understand! Ive gotten a load of bracelets ill never wear and maybe some shoes here and there. never had an opportunity to earn early hairstyles from some of the first events! Im happy for everyone who is winning desirable items but I do feel left out as well!
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Jules, about the glitches, they added the opportunity to buy an extra box after earning one, but that only came out on iOS. I'm sure it will be available to all platforms with the next event. I've asked about this and some other event questions, and as soon as I hear it from Glu, I'll post the info.

And each week my throwbacks would be shoes I didn't want, a bracelet, a top I'm not going to wear, Green plastic ring for st pats I'll never wear, Antlers. All the Zonk Prizes ended up in my wardrobe. But I just kept telling my self 'process of elimination' the more krappy prizes I get now....will make future events full of good things. And.....yesterday it paid off. I got one of my 2 dream dresses. So, hang in there. Each plastic ring of green boa you get brings you that much closer to the things you do want. Hang in there. THe bugs will be fixed, and your boxes will get better. Law of averages Doll. :)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    ofortunaofortuna Registered Users 137 Posts
    And each week my throwbacks would be shoes I didn't want, a bracelet, a top I'm not going to wear, Green plastic ring for st pats I'll never wear, Antlers. All the Zonk Prizes ended up in my wardrobe. But I just kept telling my self 'process of elimination' the more krappy prizes I get now....will make future events full of good things. And.....yesterday it paid off. I got one of my 2 dream dresses. So, hang in there. Each plastic ring of green boa you get brings you that much closer to the things you do want. Hang in there. THe bugs will be fixed, and your boxes will get better. Law of averages Doll. :)

omg I love your positive spin on this! :D
  • Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Cherrey wrote: »
    I wish I had a shortened period of time aswell, Nai.

I'm really not happy with this event at all. I have the feeling that this event was against me right from the beginning. I feel silly because I spent so much money and time on this game and yet other players are more privileged and have more chances to expand their games than me.

It's just frustrating.

I had wanted to let android peeps know about the reduced points, but I wasn't 100% confirmed it would happen so I took the risk myself. The points isn't exactly halved, so it's still more work than usual. They should offer compensation. Was there an explanation why some received the event on time, and some of us didn't? I spent a lot of money on this game too and both my games didn't receive the event on time. I feel sour.

WNeva0g.gif

Oh gosh I actually had this typed out hours ago but I didn't post it. I'm in pain right now. But I just had to clarify and break it down to prevent confusion.

1) Players who got the event on time has their points reset when the respective platform fix came through (at different hours) but they get to keep items won aka get to open extra boxes.
    2) Players who did not get the event on time and enter their game within the first day of event (countdown timer is more than 1 day 16 hours) has to hit 600 points to get the 4th box.
    3) Players who did not get the event on time and enter their game after the first day of event (countdown timer is less than 1 day 16 hours) has to hit a reduced point (I think it is 375 points) to get the 4th box.
    PM to add
  • Options
    JulesmoJulesmo Registered Users 640 Posts
    ???? I didn't have any complaints about what I won. My boxes were both outfits and the palettes were amazing, there were easily three things in each I would have loved to get, aside from the great things I DID get. Just kinda bummed about the issues. Which I know will be fixed.
  • Options
    Oh, I was trying to explain what the known glitches were and what we're checking on because I saw you say it was hard to keep up with what was a glitch and what wasn't. Then you mentioned seeing things on the top of people's wish lists, so I was trying to throw out a bouquet of encouragement for some of the disappointed posters. Not you persay. Especially after my not being able to shut up about my Win. At least i Think that's what it was. I stepped away to work on Mt. Washmore, and that in itself is enough to wipe a girl's harddrive. Gimme a minute to reboot.

I feel so bad that we had all these issues on Lenochka's Birthday. Her party was hijacked. For those familiar with the custom, is it ok to party 'after' the actual birthday. I wanted to bestow some more graphic presents, a birthday cake. Maybe we can pick it up where we left off? I just got to 300 on 2 games, and I don't see myself doing 300 more. Maybe I'll stop here? But part of me says, 2 games weren't even up 24 hours ago, so....I can do it. Sigh.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    And Nai, I reached out about these very questions. I'll post here and the glitch thread when I hear back.

I wish we had better smileys. It would help convey my tone of voice in most things. I reread my post, and there was no way to tell I went from responding to Jules, and when I was speaking generally.

Can we have some music in here? I keep subjecting you guys to an eclectic mix of stuff that is obscure or dusty old. How bout it? Somebody else play vj.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts
    I feel so bad that we had all these issues on Lenochka's Birthday. Her party was hijacked. For those familiar with the custom, is it ok to party 'after' the actual birthday. I wanted to bestow some more graphic presents, a birthday cake. Maybe we can pick it up where we left off? I just got to 300 on 2 games, and I don't see myself doing 300 more. Maybe I'll stop here? But part of me says, 2 games weren't even up 24 hours ago, so....I can do it. Sigh.

Afterwards is perfectly fine, only in advance is bad luck. It's kind of a "don't jinx it" thing. Or I guess you could also say "Don't count your chickens before they're hatched."

So happy belated birthday Lenochka! I hope your day was filled with more joy and less worry than it was on here...
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
  • Options
    plasticsunshineplasticsunshine Registered Users 40 Posts
    You got one of my favorite dresses, and the earrings are great too. How about some modeling shots? ANd I LOVE looking at your avatar.

I like the dress a lot but i don't have shoes that I feel look good with it :P
    I'm glad you love it <3

P.S. It's okay to party as much as you want after the birthday haha
  • Options
    I recall Glu compensated with event points for an event which was delayed for several hours. However, they said the compensation would only take place within a set period of time. I was so angry back then because they didn't take into consideration the time difference. I was asleep then, I know I'm the minority. So anyway, I'm saying this just in case they decided to compensate event points again, don't forget me Glu!

Ok DJ Nai in da house bringing you STRESSED OUT :cool:
    PM to add
  • Options
    maxrockatanskymaxrockatansky Registered Users 578 Posts
    My last box!

wQrp5t0.jpg

I might be in the minority, but I really like the dress. I think I remember it from the event, someone posted Kourtney (? I think?) in it and I liked the real life version too.

Does anyone know which event the earrings are from, though? I don't recognize them at all!
  • Options
    Box 4... officially the worst box I've EVER had OMG...

CkbyJvcUUAEmmo9.jpg:large

Ckbx-ZJUkAQ6-Fu.jpg:large

All in all I've had a great throwback event this week, I've won a number of items I really love. Just not these glasses and earrings, lol. I recently joined instragram and so many people have been winning hair, I'm so jealous. I really want to win some hair next TBE. *crosses fingers*

Wolfie! I never knew you had the shoes too. You are my only friend with my favorite shoes. I wish we had those in a light purple metallic, and simmery black, and maybe a rose gold. Hey, who's the DevTeam shoe couturier? We need to butter them up. Anyway, you wear them well doll. Congrats on a great throwback event.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    My last box!

wQrp5t0.jpg

I might be in the minority, but I really like the dress. I think I remember it from the event, someone posted Kourtney (? I think?) in it and I liked the real life version too.

Does anyone know which event the earrings are from, though? I don't recognize them at all!

I love that dress. I've used it for a Christening ( my doll was a guest) a wedding as a bridesmaid for Sassy. And I just got it a short while ago. If you have the short hair with the flower it looks perfect. so demure, so classy, Then AppleP put it on and went commando to a church service like Christine Aquilara at Etta James Funeral.) But the dress is lovely. Congrats.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    KeemKeem Registered Users 357 Posts
    Naimonster wrote: »
    I had wanted to let android peeps know about the reduced points, but I wasn't 100% confirmed it would happen so I took the risk myself. The points isn't exactly halved, so it's still more work than usual. They should offer compensation. Was there an explanation why some received the event on time, and some of us didn't? I spent a lot of money on this game too and both my games didn't receive the event on time. I feel sour.

WNeva0g.gif

Oh gosh I actually had this typed out hours ago but I didn't post it. I'm in pain right now. But I just had to clarify and break it down to prevent confusion.

1) Players who got the event on time has their points reset when the respective platform fix came through (at different hours) but they get to keep items won aka get to open extra boxes.
    2) Players who did not get the event on time and enter their game within the first day of event (countdown timer is more than 1 day 16 hours) has to hit 600 points to get the 4th box.
    3) Players who did not get the event on time and enter their game after the first day of event (countdown timer is less than 1 day 16 hours) has to hit a reduced point (I think it is 375 points) to get the 4th box.

My friend who is a Facebook user got the event at 2am (the right time) but at around 7am this morning his throwback reset to the lowered required points....

Bit confused how this happened...
  • Options
    Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    I panicked after reading your post so I quickly went into my android game. The point requirements is lesser! Phew!

This is much better for me because by the time android event was fixed, I had to go to bed. All the time differences, it would be impossible to get 600 points. So I decided to take the risk of waiting.

At countdown 1 day 16 hours, the points required is reduced. I'm not sure when the exact cut-off time is.

qx5QTRj.png
    F0ecKm6.png

What⁉

I don't understand how come the event points requirements hasn't lessen for me⁉:confused:

I still need 300 points to grind for my third box on my games. I'm doubting that I'm gonna have time to grind for my fourth box.
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts
    My third and fourth box: Didn't think I would get to the fourth box but here I am, one day early. Probably a sign that my priorities are a bit off.

eFYQqRAl.jpg
    nlXJFpbl.jpg

Nothing from my wish list but I'm happy with both. Does anyone remember which event the shirt was in?
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
  • Options
    SassyVoguetteSassyVoguette Registered Users 1,510 Posts
    My last box!

wQrp5t0.jpg

Great picks Max! And yes Kourrney wore it, its Elisabetta Franchi - top and skirt, I posted it :)
    Vats has my heart. Forever. 💕

iOS
    07/2014 
  • Options
    SassyVoguetteSassyVoguette Registered Users 1,510 Posts
    I just opened my game after Sunday, my points are reduced.. I got the option to buy anotther for 60kstars, I'll post later
    Vats has my heart. Forever. 💕

iOS
    07/2014 
  • Options
    Keem wrote: »
    My friend who is a Facebook user got the event at 2am (the right time) but at around 7am this morning his throwback reset to the lowered required points....

Bit confused how this happened...

I am guessing he didn't enter his game after the fix was made right until the cut-off time for reduced point requirement.
    PM to add
  • Options
    What⁉

I don't understand how come the event points requirements hasn't lessen for me⁉:confused:

I still need 300 points to grind for my third box on my games. I'm doubting that I'm gonna have time to grind for my fourth box.

When did you enter your games and get the throwback event? What was the countdown timer?
    PM to add
  • Options
    I recall Glu compensated with event points for an event which was delayed for several hours. However, they said the compensation would only take place within a set period of time. I was so angry back then because they didn't take into consideration the time difference. I was asleep then, I know I'm the minority. So anyway, I'm saying this just in case they decided to compensate event points again, don't forget me Glu!

Ok DJ Nai in da house bringing you STRESSED OUT :cool:

I feel compelled to play Debbie Downer to an extent. I have seen wonderful friends become down when their hopes didn't materialized. So while Android and iOS delayed games deserve a little sumpin sumpin, but rather than get hopes up, I try to keep more pessimistic and then when GluGods smile upon up it's more of a Yay. Personally I am always hoping, wishing dreaming, butonce they slap the mod after my name, people could misinterpret my statement as more to fact. Then if nothing happens "Koko said ......." and I hate disappointing people. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    MegannitaMegannita Registered Users 284 Posts
    I feel compelled to play Debbie Downer to an extent. I have seen wonderful friends become down when their hopes didn't materialized. So while Android and iOS delayed games deserve a little sumpin sumpin, but rather than get hopes up, I try to keep more pessimistic and then when GluGods smile upon up it's more of a Yay. Personally I am always hoping, wishing dreaming, butonce they slap the mod after my name, people could misinterpret my statement as more to fact. Then if nothing happens "Koko said ......." and I hate disappointing people. :)

I really don't mind not being able to buy another TB box, as a VIP event is coming and I should save my stars anyway... :)
    You remind me of the babe...
  • Options
    I think we all have to settle in and enjoy that we have so many chances for clothes, now that we get midweek events. And I really have to think the glitches this time, were caused by Glu trying to give us 'buy a box' so quickly. They took the muphins out of the oven a little too soon. They still get love for listening, and giving us so much. OMG OMG OMG OMG. AppleP is gonna go get all prettied up (and flirt with the Pilot. Thanks for that too. GLu)

One more Video Nai since no one else is stepping up. ANd if anyone needs help posting it. just post the url and I'll pick it up and fix it for you. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    My games had the glitch since yesterday so I dont recall how much time did I had left. I got the event extremely late though. The event normally starts for me at 5 am Eastern standard time.
    When did you enter your games and get the throwback event? What was the countdown timer?

Whew! I captured a screen shot on my first game. Here's what Carol Davida won on her second box.

1mFgzG.png
    dzFmEF.jpg
    Daily Android KKH player

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
  • Options
    MegannitaMegannita Registered Users 284 Posts
    I think we all have to settle in and enjoy that we have so many chances for clothes, now that we get midweek events. And I really have to think the glitches this time, were caused by Glu trying to give us 'buy a box' so quickly. They took the muphins out of the oven a little too soon. They still get love for listening, and giving us so much. OMG OMG OMG OMG. AppleP is gonna go get all prettied up (and flirt with the Pilot. Thanks for that too. GLu)

One more Video Nai since no one else is stepping up. And if anyone needs help posting it. just post the url and I'll pick it up and fix it for you. :)

Koko, will you post this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ru0K8uYEZWw
    You remind me of the babe...
  • Options

I love that song. It's so catchy and it's my anthem now lol
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

• Options
    LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,454 Posts
    I'm so sorry for everyone who's having trouble with the event! Hope the next TBE will rock for everyone!
    Here are my winnings, I bought an additional box each time (sadly not knowing that apparantly we will have a VIP event this Friday... oh well...):

image_zpstlnsbvv0.jpeg

Overall really happy with my boxes!
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    iampetermcdowelliampetermcdowell Banned Users 273 Posts
    My last box
    image_zpsifw8gish.png
    What Event this pants belongs to?
    image_zps7xggn1sv.png
    I want this!!!
  • Options
    AmyTAmyT Registered Users 1,164 Posts
    Loving everyone's prizes this week! (But sorry to those who are having trouble :()

My picks this week have been my favourite since the midweek throwbacks started :) no fancy dress items (yayyyy!)... But instead I got hair in my 1st pallet and the black/brown dress I've wanted since last year in my 2nd :D every time I've saw Luz's doll wearing it, I feel jel lol and now Madison has her own!

A107F7AA-73AE-421B-AC9F-3C9C6A6A3FA1_zpscewteoo1.png
    Top 20 +++
    My doll's name is Madison :)
    (~~ one cat short of crazy! ~~)

iOS player ~~ GC AmyTMadison
    Pm me if you'd like to add Madison on Facebook :)

#fangsforNai