Options

Waiting........UPDATE 5.6 IS HERE

1234568Next

Comments

• Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    I chose not to work with skylar, and I got switched to a commercial at miramount for my next gig. THe other 2 games worked with Skylar, and have their last gigs for the dj magazine thing still to do.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Cherry_cokezCherry_cokez Registered Users 116 Posts
    Maria called me this past Friday for Abu Dhabi home. Unfortunately, I only got 1h offer for 13 KStars.
    I never got the 25 KStars offer. :(

oh thanks for the info... It is so random, 13 Kstars or 25 Kstars depend on the time limit :(
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    This is happening with my android games. iOS game is fine. If you want to start a thread in Support I'll be sure they see it tomorrow.

Oh so if both your games are also having this issue, this is something. I'll open a thread!
    isabeau wrote: »
    Oh noooo, Vats, that certainly was *not* a good day; I hope today was much better!

That was a really crack storyline that lead nowhere; it was pointless, why even include it? It was a great idea, but there was no follow through on the writer's part. So I grade that a disappointing F. We wanted DJ success and to be the contest/magazine feature winner, not to get insulted and unceremoniously dumped. ???

I'm sorry, I probably should know this already, but are you Android or iOS? I'm iOS and my problem is just no videos to watch. But to have watched them and you didn't get stars, that's wrong on at least 3 different levels. Oh! I also read somewhere, maybe a different Glu forum altogether from the KKH and K&K games, that the vids should all be no more than 15 seconds--because the average player doesn't have the attention span for the 30-second spots. I agree with that statement!!! At 15 seconds I tend to pay attention. Especially since often enoughthere's things I then want to know more about and I do sometimes download a game that looks good in that vid. I know 30-second spots pay more though....

I'm android, otherwise we could be already in-game pals!:)

Sucks you are one more victim of the missing ads issue, sorry.

What you said about the lenght of the ads makes so much sense! These days I got an minute long ad of the university I studied, an entire minute! I went on a memories trip just by seeing the uni's logo, can't tell for sure what the ad was about though!

I also choose to not work with Chase and my results were bad, so we still didn't reached the roots of the problem here.

Now I'm working on Maestro Sly's gigs, so cool that they are making the character more deep giving us his background.
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts
    isabeau wrote: »
    I'm sorry, I probably should know this already, but are you Android or iOS? I'm iOS and my problem is just no videos to watch. But to have watched them and you didn't get stars, that's wrong on at least 3 different levels. Oh! I also read somewhere, maybe a different Glu forum altogether from the KKH and K&K games, that the vids should all be no more than 15 seconds--because the average player doesn't have the attention span for the 30-second spots. I agree with that statement!!! At 15 seconds I tend to pay attention. Especially since often enoughthere's things I then want to know more about and I do sometimes download a game that looks good in that vid. I know 30-second spots pay more though....
    Vats wrote: »

What you said about the lenght of the ads makes so much sense! These days I got an minute long ad of the university I studied, an entire minute! I went on a memories trip just by seeing the uni's logo, can't tell for sure what the ad was about though!

I absolutely agree with both of you. I used to get these 90second long ADs for a short period of time. Those were so long! And I could not tell you what they were about, lthough I got the AD a bunch of times. It was also really weird because it was like a local company but it wasn't even on the same continent as I am? Thats what made me curious but apparently it was not enough for me to pay attention to the full 90 seconds....
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
  • Options
    isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    Lii wrote: »
    I absolutely agree with both of you. I used to get these 90second long ADs for a short period of time. Those were so long! And I could not tell you what they were about, lthough I got the AD a bunch of times. It was also really weird because it was like a local company but it wasn't even on the same continent as I am? Thats what made me curious but apparently it was not enough for me to pay attention to the full 90 seconds....

Yes! Lii and Vats! I am clueless to even tell what those ads were/are even about!
  • Options
    soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    Regarding the DJ storyline: I just finished it and won the competition. I picked Skylar since she claimed Willow was a fake. I don't know if this is the case but this is what worked for me: so it told you to do three DIFFERENT actions before you drop the bass. However there were only two actions to choose from unless you invited a guest and took pictures and Lii already said that didn't count. When you do the two actions given they pop up again. So if you picked one of those again it wouldn't have counted because they weren't different actions. The ONLY way I could see to do this is if you have the money maker comeback action and used that as one of your three different actions.
  • Options
    Val_Val_ Registered Users 358 Posts
    I don't know, my 3 actions were Money Maker, Pose with guest, and a third "musical" one, and when I Dropped the Bass I got booed. Skylar ended up winning...
    I was confused so I figured it didn't count :( too bad I didn't check here beforehand

I was thinking they meant 3 specific DJ actions and that's why I lost?
    Lii wrote: »
    Just a PSA to anyone doing the new storyline: in the third gig where you DJ in Abu Dhabi, the "take group pictures" action apparently does not count towards the three actions you're supposed to do before you DROP THE BASS. :/

Bleh, no fair.
  • Options
    soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    I can't remember what the two actions were but they were around the area for the drop the bass action. If you did those two there wasn't any other different actions to choose from besides drop the bass, money maker, or invite a guest and do pictures. Since the pictures option didn't count the only thing that would have worked was the money maker. I don't think it was well thought out... unless you had that comeback there literally was no way you could have won.
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    acapella and cross fade. I think if we hadn't done the comeback for the special task, there would have been a few other actions for the 'complete 3 different tasks before dropping the bass" I remember the comeback task took the place of a few other action that were smaller.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Val_Val_ Registered Users 358 Posts
    I can't remember what the two actions were but they were around the area for the drop the bass action. If you did those two there wasn't any other different actions to choose from besides drop the bass, money maker, or invite a guest and do pictures. Since the pictures option didn't count the only thing that would have worked was the money maker. I don't think it was well thought out... unless you had that comeback there literally was no way you could have won.

Imo they should have been clearer that the actions have to be related to DJ-ing...

But it doesn't really matter at the end of the day, it's not like we lost anything important
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Now we have all possible scenarios here, I guess then it's a random thing...

Ok Val is right, let's move on!

Sly's gigs were nice, saw my dear Alvin for a brief moment and good news to Cassio's fandom... he makes a cameo too!

Now the to the best part 'hiding from the paparazzi' storyline! I loved Maria's tips sequence can't wait to apply all that! Well hope everything works this time of course!

Koko, cool new avatar!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!