Options

Monday Morning Think Tank 11/21/16 - What a Wild Week this will be!

kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,114 Posts
Good morning Guys and Dolls (theatrical nod to that great musical and Pina Coladas everywhere).

Ok, so this is no week like any other. First up, think we'll have a midweek? 2nd Up - I seem to recall the weekend event, the Thanksgiving Hoo Hah, the whole turkey started ....a day early ON Thanksgiving. Can anyone confirm? I've had no caffeine, I'm half dressed, my house needs a cleaning team, and I don't know if I need more gift cards or not.

Now, does this sound like someone who should be opening a "monday morning will we have a midweek event" thread. But here I am. So, this thread is a gathering of minds. What do you think? If we can answer the question of did it start Thursday last year, that will be a good start.

Because if it DOES start Thursday....that doesn't leave anytime for a mid week, now does it? Let's just gather here, ponder, pontificate and some other P word, about a possible midweek, what the Star sale might be, I don't even know what questions we should be pondering.

Gather a little closer, I don't want to say this too loud, don't want to scare the newer members, but we are on the brink, of that most wonderful time of the year......Holiday in Kim's Game! Thoughts are running through my mind faster than I can think them all.
  • Let's think about a midweek......it could go either way. If we do....oh please let it be that tap nothing SYS. In the states we have a lot to get ready for.
  • Let's think about a Star Sale they 'might' have. Will it be more stars for the money, or less money for the regular number of Stars. Here I'm torn. I'm giftcarded up if it's $ off the packages. But, I'd like the more stars for the money, and that means....on with the boots back out in the snow to the closest nearby grocery. Already in my coffers, I've got most......but oh no. Ok, done with the song parody.
  • Lets think about the Black Friday Sale - will it be that same delicious 50% off everything in the closet? This year will it include Baby Clothes? What about furniture and cars?
So, I think you all agree, we have a lot to think about as the most wonderful week of weeks rolls out.

In the Show Big Brother, where strangers live together in a house for 90 days and vote each other out, one of their catch phrases is "Expect the unexpected" so...That's all I've got. Hmmm, I'll dig back in pms, and get the exact repeatable quotes about how this will be the biggest ever.....or something. You guys discuss, dream and plan.. the biggest thing to remember is Anything Goes. We have no idea of what will or won't be, but it really is a lot of fun wondering. Are you funded? Do you have a list of what you'll buy? My head is going to explode. So, I'll open this thread, and go fill up on some caffeine. Yeah, that's what I need.

anigif_enhanced_buzz_25689_1389210098_6.gif

Now let's get busy.

Let's think up a storm till the waves of glu godliness pour over us with details.
Heck, they could even surprise us with a thread of their own.
Anything Goes.
If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
I Am NOT a Glu Employee
🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
💜Vats
💜#VipKalinda
#RecollectionsMayVary
Prev1345

Comments

• Options
    LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts
    Okay, I will read everything you just wrote in a minute, but I had to answer right away, I was just snooping around in the event encyclopedia and came across the Black Friday event from last year where it said: "event started a day early".
    So that's your first question answered, and I agree if they start a day early there isn't really time for a midweek, in which case I'm perfectly okay with not having one :)
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
  • Options
    JulesmoJulesmo Registered Users 640 Posts
    I may be wrong, but I think this will be the first Thanksgiving week that we've had since midweeks started, right? So yeah, it's hard to know what Glu will do. I'm not sure Thanksgiving started Thursday though, if I recall it started Friday with the Black Friday sale. If I'm remembering that correctly, then we do have room for a midweek.

Edit: I mainly remember a feeling of disappointment that we didn't have four days, so I could be thinking of another weekend. Also, I would be ok with no midweek, but if there is one I hope it's SYS. I've got pies to make lol

Edit #2: Lii found the answer, so maybe there won't be a midweek due to time constraints.
  • Options
    CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    The weekend starts a day earlier, so I'm not sure about the midweek event.

I've been making a list of clothing items and hairstyles I'll purchase this weekend. :D
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
  • Options
    soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    Charli wrote: »

I've been making a list of clothing items and hairstyles I'll purchase this weekend. :D

I need to do that too! I have a vague idea of what I want but I need to fully go through the wardrobe so I don't miss anything.

Hopefully we'll just get an extra day for a weekend event. Thursday will be tough and I work retail so most of my Friday is shot. If we did get a midweek I agree with Jules I'd like a SYS event because this week is going to be crazy enough.
  • Options
    RumpelstilzchenRumpelstilzchen Registered Users 1,599 Posts
    It still shows "Done!" from the event on my game. Usually that disappears receiving a mini-update. And that happens when we get a Midweek event.
    I could imagine another SYS. I'd only wish we don't have to spend k-stars to participate.
    I am planning a huge shopping spree on Friday 😁
    Android
  • Options
    Charli wrote: »

I need to make a list too, good idea!
  • Options
    I just got a mini update although the weekend event popup is still there
  • Options
    Yes, I'm good with an SYS event, or no event. I honestly don't have time to tap. Jules is making pies, I'm making a carrot cake. I'm doing the whole freaking meal....with added veggies for the vegetarian. However, if her mother makes her a meat dish, she knows she better eat it. And, if she goes to the chinese buffet .....well you can't avoid meat so....Therefore, I do not feel bad using chicken broth for my stuffing. I'll tell her it's Chinese buffet stuffing. lol. Or...You mother said to eat this. Seriously, we have the most delicious Chinese Buffet restaurant here in town. I just gained 5 pounds mentioning them.

So, who else is cooking? I feel like the house mom. lol. But that's cool, at least I didn't labor and deliver all yall. One was enough for that craziness.

My games are showing Done as well, so...lets all be on the lookout for a mini file upload. And, am
    I the only exploding head around here? I have decided to use my good china. I'm tired already.

ETA: no mini update on my androids. :(
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Yes, I'm good with an SYS event, or no event. I honestly don't have time to tap. Jules is making pies, I'm making a carrot cake. I'm doing the whole freaking meal....with added veggies for the vegetarian. However, if her mother makes her a meat dish, she knows she better eat it. And, if she goes to the chinese buffet .....well you can't avoid meat so....Therefore, I do not feel bad using chicken broth for my stuffing. I'll tell her it's Chinese buffet stuffing. lol. Or...You mother said to eat this. Seriously, we have the most delicious Chinese Buffet restaurant here in town. I just gained 5 pounds mentioning them.

So, who else is cooking? I feel like the house mom. lol. But that's cool, at least I didn't labor and deliver all yall. One was enough for that craziness.

My games are showing Done as well, so...lets all be on the lookout for a mini file upload. And, am
    I the only exploding head around here? I have decided to use my good china. I'm tired already.

ETA: no mini update on my androids. :(

I am always in charge of the pies. And usually the sweet potato casserole, but this year we are all meeting at the assisted living facility where my mom and aunt live for dinner in their dining room. Then dessert at my aunt's house on the grounds. Luckily they have a great chef and kitchen staff, everything should be yummy!
  • Options
    I'm in charge of the "alternate" dessert a.k.a. something other than pumpkin pie and sweet potato casserole. My MIL is very traditional... I'm surprised she trusted me with the potatoes. Last year I did a pumpkin pie too but I must have messed it up since I'm not allowed to make it this year :rolleyes:
    Seriously, we have the most delicious Chinese Buffet restaurant here in town. I just gained 5 pounds mentioning them.

I LOVE Chinese food. I could eat it all day, every day.
  • Options
    Oh oh ohh dolls and dudes...we haven't even begun to talk about what all the holiday clothing might look like. Last year we got a blue leggings or tights we got the big bird jacket we got the Tuxido we got the white dress, we got more.... oh my god my heads exploding again somebody get me duct tape
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    I'm in charge of the "alternate" dessert a.k.a. something other than pumpkin pie and sweet potato casserole. My MIL is very traditional... I'm surprised she trusted me with the potatoes. Last year I did a pumpkin pie too but I must have messed it up since I'm not allowed to make it this year :rolleyes:

Doll, make chocolate cream pie. Sooooo easy and everyone--*I mean everyone* loves it. So much so that with the pecan, pumpkin, and apple pies, I have to make two chocolate cream!
  • Options
    isabeau wrote: »
    Doll, make chocolate cream pie. Sooooo easy and everyone--*I mean everyone* loves it. So much so that with the pecan, pumpkin, and apple pies, I have to make two chocolate cream!

That's a great idea. My favorite is French silk pie which I think is pretty similar. Maybe I'll make two and keep one for home :)
  • Options
    LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,454 Posts
    I am so ready for Black Friday!! I just loooooved last year's!!! Cant wait to see what our friends at Glu have in store for us!!
    I live in the Netherlands where we don't celebrate Thanksgiving, so I'm not cooking. But for Christmas I go all out! Also, we celebrate 'Sinterklaas' on December 5th, which is a children's holiday that is pretty similar to Christmas. I go all out then too, baking lots of candy and treats! Here a few examples of the candy and cake we then eat:

IMG_1667.jpg

IMG_1668.jpg
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    I would like to interrupt this wonderful food talk with a wish that the earnables and gift box items be really awesome this weekend. I remember last year there was sort of strange printed jumpsuit and a hairstyle that, in my opinion, was straight off of Debbie Gibson's head in 1987. Again, just my opinion, but just thought I would send it up to the Glu Gods lol
  • Options
    daffodildaffodil Registered Users 603 Posts
    Does anyone know if the (likely) sale will be on Friday only, or throughout the weekend? What was it like last year?

My calendar is literally booked from 6 am to midnight on Friday (because, guess what, Black Friday in real life!) so I will barely have time to open the app. And I saved up since mid-late October so I will have about 600,000 kash and 1200 k-stars to spend when Friday gets here. So I really hope the sale is Saturday and Sunday as well. Wouldn't want my savings to go to waste, now would we ;)
    hackers can burn in hell
  • Options
    SapphoSappho Registered Users 284 Posts
    OMG, pepernotentaart! I've never seen that before. :eek: It looks good.
    I finally made my iOS doll a Facebook account so it's now possible to add me! :)
    Weird Al is life. <3
  • Options
    Julesmo wrote: »
    I would like to interrupt this wonderful food talk with a wish that the earnables and gift box items be really awesome this weekend. I remember last year there was sort of strange printed jumpsuit and a hairstyle that, in my opinion, was straight off of Debbie Gibson's head in 1987. Again, just my opinion, but just thought I would send it up to the Glu Gods lol

Yep this is me when I saw last year's items...

giphy.gif

Hope this year's items will be awesome!!
    Linda

#KKH4Life
  • Options
    LindaVB wrote: »
    I am so ready for Black Friday!! I just loooooved last year's!!! Cant wait to see what our friends at Glu have in store for us!!
    I live in the Netherlands where we don't celebrate Thanksgiving, so I'm not cooking. But for Christmas I go all out! Also, we celebrate 'Sinterklaas' on December 5th, which is a children's holiday that is pretty similar to Christmas. I go all out then too, baking lots of candy and treats! Here a few examples of the candy and cake we then eat:

IMG_1667.jpg

IMG_1668.jpg

Is that a peppernut cake?! Oh my god it looks delicious.

Sometimes I forget that there are other non-Americans here :D
    hackers can burn in hell
  • Options
    It's been throughout the weekend. And.....last year it was slated to go until 9 PM Eastern. It shut down at 9 A.M. Eastern, I had just finished buying the wedding things, for Kat's wedding to Vats doll. Had I shopped 10 minutes later, she wouldn't have had a veil. So, I'm sure, that if the event says ending in 20 hours, which would make it 9 pm, it will NOT end at 9 a.m. I am positive. (And lets keep reminding. lol)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    daffodil wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the (likely) sale will be on Friday only, or throughout the weekend? What was it like last year?

My calendar is literally booked from 6 am to midnight on Friday (because, guess what, Black Friday in real life!) so I will barely have time to open the app. And I saved up since mid-late October so I will have about 600,000 kash and 1200 k-stars to spend when Friday gets here. So I really hope the sale is Saturday and Sunday as well. Wouldn't want my savings to go to waste, now would we ;)

Last year's sale lasted the entire event!
    IMG_1670.jpg
    Linda

#KKH4Life
  • Options
    Hey, you know how for Santa we leave out cookies and milk? Let's put out a little sumpin for the GluGods.

I've got something, how about one of these for each and everyone of the glu masters. Their very own dancing pickles?

Dancing_Pickles.gif

and one of these ...........

mystery_bonus.png That's right a mystery box for THEM for a change.

So, that's why I would leave the GluGods on the table when I go to sleep.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Hey, you know how for Santa we leave out cookies and milk? Let's put out a little sumpin for the GluGods.

I've got something, how about one of these for each and everyone of the glu masters. Their very own dancing pickles?

and one of these ...........

mystery_bonus.png That's right a mystery box for THEM for a change.

So, that's why I would leave the GluGods on the table when I go to sleep.

Does it contain 4000 kash?
    hackers can burn in hell
  • Options
    Is that a peppernut cake?! Oh my god it looks delicious.

Sometimes I forget that there are other non-Americans here :D
    Sappho wrote: »
    OMG, pepernotentaart! I've never seen that before. :eek: It looks good.

Yes it is!! I make one every year, it is tasting so good!!
    Linda

#KKH4Life
  • Options
    DalethDaleth Registered Users 78 Posts
    does it contain 4000 kash?

good one daffodil!! Lol
  • Options
    RumpelstilzchenRumpelstilzchen Registered Users 1,599 Posts
    There is something worse than 4000 kash:
    Event points, when you already finished the event.
    Android
  • Options
    Sil5678Sil5678 Registered Users 389 Posts
    There is something worse than 4000 kash:
    Event points, when you already finished the event.
    I totally agree with you lol
    Android Player

KKH level 52
    KKG level 27

Playing since the release
    Doll's name Sylvia
  • Options
    KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    Reporting for spoiler duty! There will be a dating midweek event, followed by the Thanksgiving & Black Friday festivities.
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
  • Options
    LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts
    Oh wow, I wasn't expecting that at all! Thanks for the spoilers Kalinda!
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
  • Options
    CherreyCherrey Registered Users 1,496 Posts
    Yay, a dating midweek event again!

I hope I can participate in the Black Friday event. I still didn't get my purchased Kstars which annoys the heck out of me.