Options

Weekend Event 6/30/17 - 3 Cheers for the Red White and Glu!

kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
3 Cheers for the Red White and Glu!

4thofjuly_Banner.gif

Hurray for the red, white and Kardashian!

Here's how Kim dressed for the 4th 2 years ago,

Kim_Kardashian_4th_of_July_2015.jpg

Let's show our Patriotic Pride Dolls, just like Kimmie!

Happy 4th of July Dolls!!!

4th of July always meant "Ok, it's officially Summer, let's make it special"
I asked my millennial son, give me a song that signals summer to you.
Here's his pick.
4th_of_july_stars_0.gif

Now what will we be doing?
It's Anyone's guess........
But glu goddess Kalinda has the facts.
Yesterday she shared this little hint.....................
This weekend will be special and it has a fun theme. Everyone can earn classic hairstyles that I love!
Fun theme, special weekend, classic hair............
So while we ponder that, Let's set up for the food and beverages.

Something sweet for the 4th perhaps?
884aa473db42b82149ba7b84bb3aef7f.jpg

Whether it's Red, White and Blue Choc dipped strawberries, Flag Colored Cupcakes or
the Red White annd Blue Cake B@llz on sticks. Mmmmmmmm lip smacking Patriotism!

And we need a little libation to wash it all down

cd8dab390877cfba85ace6971f5d646f.jpg

Sure, 4th of July hits on Tuesday,
but this weekend is when the bulk of the celebrating takes place.

Traditionally, the holiday is marked by people flocking to the beach, fireworks, picnics and more.
The Annual Macy*s 4th of July Fireworks Celebration is spectacular.
Broadcast on Network TV, the pyrotechnics display lights up the Hudson in Spectacular Fashion.

You can watch those on Tuesday on TV or from the City, But here's a little homemade taste.

Don't try this at home.
What are your plans this weekend?
Huh? Trick Question? Oh, just because we don't know what we'll be doing.

Will it be an easy VIP? Or will we grind till the dawn's early light?

You know who knows? Our Glu Goddess Kalinda knows.

And maybe if we show we really really reallly really want to know what the
Weekend has in store for us, she quench our thirst for Spoilers.

So put on your fave red white and blue clothes, and lets' Party.

And what is our Thread Starting Motto?

giphy.gif

Threads Open.

If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
I Am NOT a Glu Employee
🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
💜Vats
💜#VipKalinda
#RecollectionsMayVary
Prev1345678

Comments

• Options
    ElspethElspeth Registered Users 86 Posts
    I'm waiting for this weekend's spoilers with some trepidation. Being British the 4th July doesn't have the same resonance as it does across the pond (in fact for us it's just another day). So while the teaser of classic hairstyles sounds fabulous I'm hoping for not too many American flag themed items as they're not something my doll would wear.
    ****I play on ios****
  • Options
    LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,454 Posts
    Love your opening, Koko!!
    I share Elspeth's view, over here the 4th of July is also just another day, but I love how you are all celebrating it!
    I think that last year's items were red, white and blue but not as 'American' as the first year (when we had the American flag bikini). Let me find a picture!
    Well, I'm excited to see what a 'classic hairstyle' would be!

ETA: here are the items of last year's event

IMG_3439.jpg
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    I'm going on a bachelorette trip so I won't have much time to grind this weekend. I'll be back in town on Sunday though so I hope we get an extra day for the event so I can at least earn something :( I was hoping it would be VIP but since we had that with the midweek that's probably too much to ask.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    TBH, I had to dig through 2 dolls clothes to find red white and blue stuff. So, it hasn't been all patriotic things. I don't know if this is a good time or not, don't mean to rub old red white & blue in your face, but I was making this, in honor of all the beach and backyard fun we'll be having this weekend.

4thof_Julybbq.gif

In all honesty, the 4th of July commemorating the implimentation of the Declaration of Independence, my American Studies class taught us that despite the famous portrait of the signing of the Declaration, it was taken around to the other representatives by horseback, and the document traveled for about 2 weeks to collect all the signatures. So, we 'could' be celebrating the 20th of July or something.

When I was little, my mother would always dress me in a Sailor dress.
    Looks like Kris did that to her girls too, but my mother never fixed me up like this.

8d6cc7b3e71645d5249c3b13f8e3461d.jpg

So Happy 4th, Happy 25th, Happy Sailor suits.
    I'm excited by Kalinda's hints. they are always well thought out, and right on the money.
    • Classic Hair? Lauren Bacalls signature look (also Jessica Rabbit)
    Princess Grace? What is 'classic hair'?

• Special Weekend

• Fun Theme

Help us figure out these clues?

(and now for Elspeth and other's who mark the day as any other on the calendar, I hope we're all thrilled with some fantastic looking non patriotic things. :) )
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    I'm such a cranky old lady when the 4th falls on a weekday because I have to work the next day. My dogs are terrified of fireworks so even if I could sleep through them, I have a dog in my face freaking out. Last year my neighbor shot off a bottle rocket (which are illegal in my state btw) and it landed on our deck as I was standing out there trying to get the dogs to do their business outside. I about killed someone.
  • Options
    DramaDramaDramaDramaDramaDrama Registered Users 672 Posts
    Happy 4th of July to all my American friends hope you have a brillant day. I know how you feel soundspretty I hate when St.Patricks day falls on a week day it like you cant enjoy yourself too much because you know you have work the next day. I hope you have an amazing day none the less all of you.
  • Options
    SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    Being Canadian we celebrate Canada Day on July 1st so it will be a long weekend of celebration for us as well. I appreciated the red and white clothing that was featured last year because those are the colours of the Canadian flag ... no blue though lol. Wherever you may live, hopefully the weekend event will be enjoyable for all :):)
    LindaVB wrote: »
    Love your opening, Koko!!
    I share Elspeth's view, over here the 4th of July is also just another day, but I love how you are all celebrating it!
    I think that last year's items were red, white and blue but not as 'American' as the first year (when we had the American flag bikini). Let me find a picture!
    Well, I'm excited to see what a 'classic hairstyle' would be!

ETA: here are the items of last year's event

IMG_3439.jpg
  • Options
    Puterhead has to work Monday and Wednesday, so we'll do a BBQ -pool thing saturday, so they can rest up Sunday. But it will be o stop noise here. Also illegal in my state SoundsPrettyentary,but they do it in the elem, middle and high school complex in a big triangle across the street...the parking lots and fields are like a battlefield the next day full of spent explosives the next day.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    We're throwing a Party event with a 4th of July theme. And because the holiday falls on Tuesday, we've extended the event! :D

sale.png

female_rewards.png

female_gift_box.png

male_rewards.png

male_gift_box.png
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
  • Options
    SugarK wrote: »
    Being Canadian we celebrate Canada Day on July 1st so it will be a long weekend of celebration for us as well. I appreciated the red and white clothing that was featured last year because those are the colours of the Canadian flag ... no blue though lol. Wherever you may live, hopefully the weekend event will be enjoyable for all :):)

Sugark.....happy Canada Day.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Omg Extended Party Weekend! Thank you Kalinda. Yes, that is classic hair.....and it must be mine. thanks for the spoilers, I'm excited for the fin, prizes.....And my dolls can buy what they missed from previous 4th Events. I'm happy. Plenty of time to play....and to play at home. Thank you Glu.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,454 Posts
    Ooooooh yes I love these items!!! Thank you, Kalinda for spoiling us with your spoilers!!
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    Chelsea.Chelsea. Registered Users 526 Posts
    I love all the items! :D
    IOS Player. Pm to add 💖
  • Options
    PezPez Registered Users 397 Posts
    Hey cool, a sale on previous 4th of July items! I appreciate that, thank you Glu! Of the women's items, I particularly like the earnable gold necklace and the gift box leggings and boots.
    Classic Hair? Lauren Bacalls signature look (also Jessica Rabbit)

Oh my gosh, can you imagine a Jessica Rabbit in-game Halloween outfit? The sparkling sequined dress, the opera gloves, the sidebang covering one eye...
    iOS • KK:H player since January 2015 • I still need to make a FB account for my doll lol

• Options
    DramaDramaDramaDramaDramaDrama Registered Users 672 Posts
    Extended time to play and sale of previous items! Can I hear a HELL YEAH!!! Super excited. The new earnables and GB items are right up my ally can I also say I appreciate so much that Glu have provided us with lots of earnable hair recently.

I hope the hair from last years event is going to be on sale I loved it!
  • Options
    ElspethElspeth Registered Users 86 Posts
    I'm very happy! Love the earnable jumpsuit and hair and I'll be crossing my fingers for the GB boots. Plus I'm only a few places off the Number 1 spot so a few parties will definitely help me get there.
    And thanks Linda for the reminder of last years outfits, the blue skirt and star top are one of my favourites. My doll wears them all the time!
    ****I play on ios****
  • Options
    CherreyCherrey Registered Users 1,496 Posts
    I really like the earnable items! Thank you so much for the spoilers, Kalinda! I'm ready to party wohoo!!

Oh, and I love the gift box boots. I hope I'm not losing the control and chase them like crazy.
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    I hate the earnable sh!t with passion!:eek:

Even not being American, I like those star-spangled clothes from previous events, unfortunately none stars this time...

Yes to another sale! Guess that they will be doing thematic sales from now on and this is a great idea!;)

Hope this sale holds non thematic items as the Anniversary one did, cause I have most of the items of previous years.

Thanks Kalinda!:)
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    CherreyCherrey Registered Users 1,496 Posts
    Vats wrote: »
    Even not being American, I like those star-spangled clothes from previous events, unfortunately none stars this time...

Really? :D I HATE those stars and stripes themed items. Nearly as much I hate green and clovers on St. Patrick's Day :D
  • Options
    Ugh a party weekend. Well I definitely won't finish lol. I'll really only have a day and a half to play.

Honestly I'm not crazy about anything so that makes me feel a little better. Vats you don't want a brown outfit to go with your brown shoes? :p
  • Options
    Stefan001Stefan001 Registered Users 453 Posts
    Cherrey wrote: »
    Really? :D I HATE those stars and stripes themed items. Nearly as much I hate green and clovers on St. Patrick's Day :D

I thought I was alone, but I do appreciate the holiday! :)
    I just think that it's a cliché and boring if they keep using the same themes
    Android 
    K&K: Level 21
    KKH: 1+++

Hayley's FB

#firethenanny
  • Options
    SavagekkhSavagekkh Registered Users 569 Posts
    Well kudos for having the hair be earnable, even if I don't understand the style. Im appreciating the TB sales too. I know I suggested that, so great to feel like we are being heard.

I feel like we have almost this same exact jumpsuit from a previous event. But hey at least it's not flag print, which I find super trashy and irreverent. Not feeling really patriotic this year either.

Also, soundspretty, I am with you on the fireworks. My dog shakes and needs to hide under the blanket when he hears fireworks.

They're illegal in MA but it doesn't stop the yahoos next door from smuggling them over the NH border and shooting them off.

They were letting their 8-9 year olds shoot bottle rockets at each other a few months ago and I actually called the cops on them. So I guess I challenge your cranky old lady crown. All I could picture was one of those kids losing a hand. I don't know what some people are thinking.
  • Options
    PatyPaty Registered Users 195 Posts
    I love the items! Here´s the inspiration for the nude outfit. I wish we could have the hair and the coat too.

kim-kardashian-new-body3.jpg
  • Options
    AngelineJAngelineJ Registered Users 1,511 Posts
    I like the idea of having TB sale by theme. I hope the sale rolls out today. That will help me complete the midweek VIP event. Gotta pay attention to the mini loading bar. :)
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
    #DontPunishPayingCustomers
  • Options
    Ladouce FemmeLadouce Femme Registered Users 549 Posts
    I'm in love with the female earnables! I can never say no to a bun and especially with bangs it's more than what I can expect... thank you Kalinda for the spoilers. :o
  • Options
    maxrockatanskymaxrockatansky Registered Users 578 Posts
    I really like the gift box items, but I'm a little meh on the earnable outfit. We have two red jumpsuits in our closet already (and one of them has pants that go properly go to the floor instead of stopping above the ankle to show off our dolls' cankles). Also, something seems really off to me about the hair, but I can't put my finger on it. Are the bangs extending backward into the bun? Is the texture off? It just looks really strange to me. But I like the earnables! The coat would have been fantastic, but I understand why it's hard to render a separables outfit with a coat.

Sugar, I didn't know you were Canadian! Hello northern neighbor.

I have a random day off today and I'm watching Inception and why is Tom Hardy so good and so gorgeous in this?
  • Options
    PezPez Registered Users 397 Posts
    I wonder how many event points we will have to earn for each item. I hope it doesn't take 700+ to complete.

Typical weekend events = 25 / 150 / 300 / 600
    Events extended by one day = 50 / 200 / 375 / 625
    This event, extended by two days = 55 (from Kalinda's pics) / x? / y? / z?

If it takes just one or two more parties overall, that's not so bad. Or maybe we'll have four weekend quest gigs instead of the usual three. Here's hoping -- 4th of July festivities usually make for the busiest weekend of the year for me.
    iOS • KK:H player since January 2015 • I still need to make a FB account for my doll lol

• Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Cherrey wrote: »

Oh get that, think girls got to wear just flag based colors, but guys got this really cute B&W jacket with stars printed on, was hoping for things like this again. Not here for St. Patty too!

Vats you don't want a brown outfit to go with your brown shoes? :p

And I must point, that I have a huge collection of them!
    I have a random day off today and I'm watching Inception and why is Tom Hardy so good and so gorgeous in this?

Oh did you already checked his new show 'Taboo'? I'm looking foward to watch it, heard it's really good, and I swear that my excitment doesn't have to do with those leaked pics of him shooting the show a while ago...Ok, I'm such a liar! XD
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    Also, something seems really off to me about the hair, but I can't put my finger on it. Are the bangs extending backward into the bun? Is the texture off? It just looks really strange to me.

I noticed that too. I think because the cut of the bangs is uneven. They appear much shorter on one side and then you have that rogue longer piece in front of the ear. It's definitely strange.
    Pez wrote: »
    I wonder how many event points we will have to earn for each item. I hope it doesn't take 700+ to complete.

Typical weekend events = 25 / 150 / 300 / 600
    Events extended by one day = 50 / 200 / 375 / 625
    This event, extended by two days = 55 (from Kalinda's pics) / x? / y? / z?

If it takes just one or two more parties overall, that's not so bad. Or maybe we'll have four weekend quest gigs instead of the usual three. Here's hoping -- 4th of July festivities usually make for the busiest weekend of the year for me.

Ohh good catch on the 4 days! Here's my guess: 55 / 215 / 400 / 675 (or 650)
  • Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    I really like the gift box items, but I'm a little meh on the earnable outfit. We have two red jumpsuits in our closet already (and one of them has pants that go properly go to the floor instead of stopping above the ankle to show off our dolls' cankles). Also, something seems really off to me about the hair, but I can't put my finger on it. Are the bangs extending backward into the bun? Is the texture off? It just looks really strange to me. But I like the earnables! The coat would have been fantastic, but I understand why it's hard to render a separables outfit with a coat.

I think with the hair, they were going for the "fake bangs with bun" look. At least to me it looks like it. Try googling!
    PM to add