***Talk about Covid19 Virus****Dedicated thread

Comments

• kadamisiakadamisia Registered Users, Member 1,086 Posts
    I don't think I've ever been more stressed in my life than I am now. I'm generally a person that is not the calmest and I tend to stress over basically everything, but I am so scared... My hair is falling out so bad and to have bald spots at the age of 19 is just ridiculous. I have the most important exam in my life in 27 days and if the stress caused by the exam wasn't enough, the government refuses to tell us whether the exam will take place on time or not. I don't know what to do and I am so tense lately, I can burst into tears because of some minor failure like yesterday I dropped my sandwich and I balled my eyes out..........  I know it's not healthy but I don't know how to help myself. It's so scary.
    IOS player
    🦥 English isn't my 1st language 🦥
  • SweetstephySweetstephy Registered Users, Member 415 Posts
    This covid-19 is stressing me out so much as well. I literally check the news every morning when I wake up 🤦🏻‍♀️. But it’s getting to me, on top of personal problems and now this pandemic.... I feel a bit depressed but trying my hardest not to be😔. I stay home always, but when it comes to going out for a important grocery run I’ve suffered bad panic attacks. its just so overwhelming that we’ve come to this🥺, seeing everyone in face masks n just.. it’s so scary to me and unknown to see our world like this now. I truly hope everyone is staying safe 💖. Even with all the chaos going on, hope everyone is finding some joy/peace at home. Stay strong dolls ♥️ 
    IOS doll 💞

• thallisathallisa Registered Users 1,384 Posts
    @TheBola thanks to your post I know that I'm not paranoid now lol but that's exactly what I was thinking, that if someone infected sneezes or coughs into the air and leaves the droplets in the air and a bit later someone "enters" that spot, it is very much likely to get sick just from the infected air. Our government wants to enforce wearing masks by everyone as well but the issue is that there's not enough masks and like you said, medical staff is the priority here. I saw that some doctors and nurses are forced to reuse masks so they disinfect them in ovens/microwaves but I'm really not sure how safe this might be. I got a respro mask back in February so I'm settled for now, but I'm still truly worried about this because clearly wearing a mask outside might become a long term (if not permanent) thing and providing them to everyone will be a huge ongoing issue.

Also it worries me a bit that you said that the virus stays in the air for two hours - few weeks ago I actually saw that it was 3-4 hours, then recently that it's only 30 minutes and now there's this third option.. so basically we can't be sure how long. 
  • thallisathallisa Registered Users 1,384 Posts
    @kadamisia I'm sure you saw this already, but I've read yesterday that they're supposed to inform you about matura and other end-of-school exams before Easter! https://tvn24.pl/polska/matura-2020-i-egzamin-osmoklasisty-2020-kiedy-moga-sie-odbyc-4545062 So hopefully they won't keep you in the dark for much longer. I kinda understand you because I'm supposed to submit my thesis until May 15 and then defend it in June and while the June date seems possible to do, not being able to go to the uni library to look for the books and articles that I need in my paper is a HUGE disadvantage. Like sure, our library has an online catalogue but some stuff that I need are only available there as physical copies and I just can't get them. Apparently our uni discusses if they should extend those dates and also move exams for the rest of students, but for now we're also being kept in the dark and it stresses me out even more 😑
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    I have good days and bad days with ptsd, and when the good day starts, I try to hang on to it for as long as possible.  Then we hear the tv Alert break in, and know another panel of experts will say stay in. Go out only for food and medicine.  People still feel ashamed to admit to having ptsd, Being bipolar, borderline, split or DID affect more people than you would imagine. If you have a friend or relative who suffers, reach out to them even if only to say hi and you care.  You have no idea how that helps.
    i have a friend who is suffering, both physically so and emotional issues.  I text her every day, most days she doesn’t answer but when she does, she tells me how just getting a text each day gave her comfort. You will be amazed, at how making someone else feel a little better, makes you feel much better too. 
    Other than reach out to the isolated by text or phone, wash your hands and stay in, I have no better advice. But....next week when I am to renew my rx and I don’t know if I Have to go in, or they can do a televisit.  I kinda think for a controlled substance they need my body in person.  Maybe they’ll come to the car.  

If you go through bouts of ok vs gloom, when you in an ok stage, try to make a mental list of the good. Then next time you feel the gloom start to set in, send your mind back to the thing that was comforting.  It might hel-.
    love all you Dolls. We are family by choice.  <3
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • kadamisiakadamisia Registered Users, Member 1,086 Posts
    @thallisa Thank you so much for the link! I didn't see it because I try to stay away from all the news- my friend just tells me when something crucial happens because my head will literally explode as I'm pretty vulnerable to stress. And I agree with you, not everything can be done via Internet and the feeling of uncertainty and helplessness is infuriating. I really hope both of us will get some information soon and I'm crossing all my fingers for you!❤️ I hope we can get through this with our chins up and come out of this BS even stronger. Hang in there and once again I wish you the best of luck!!!! You got this girl🦥
    IOS player
    🦥 English isn't my 1st language 🦥
  • TheBolaTheBola Registered Users, Member 194 Posts
    @thallisa Masks are already lacking here, I made mine from old leggings, got 4 pairs out of them. Good thing that you've acquired a mask at the right time 😊 you should not worry when new information comes, that just means we know more about what's going on because with every day more research is being done. (I have not heard about the half an hour period, only about the 2 max 3 hours one and it's the only info I heard about it from my country. Googling it now I see the newer information mention the 30 minutes period and, well, that's amazing. Interesting how different sources give different information.)

Sorry to hear some of you suffer because of this situation. I'm sure that all of us reading wish to help somehow but just don't know how. Only smart thing I can say is not to worry too much about things you can't control. It is not worth your health. 💕
  • dpetersdpeters Registered Users, Member 2,843 Posts
    I can relate to many posts here of dolls expressing their anxiety due to the situation. In my country you hear or see the words pandemic, covid-19, coronavirus and #stayathome everywere! Radio, TV, social media, newspapers, you name it but what I have found very helpful is reducing to a minimum the exposure to news and social media. I still try to stay informed but also try to spend the least amount of time reading stuff related to this because there's so much information and opinions everywhere it's overwhelming. 

I've been dedicating my time to reading, Netflix and of course KKH but I completely understand the need to talk to someone when you're feeling anxious so if anyone need someone to talk to you can send me an inbox and I'll be happy to read you! Stay safe and let's hope it will be over sooner than we expect!
    Android player 
    Christmas lover 🎄
    #duetstiesystemisunfair
    #fomoiskeepingmehere
  • SmuckiesSmuckies Registered Users, Member 582 Posts
    I haven’t been on here in so long mostly because I’ve been so upset over Coronavirus news. I’m trying to stay away from it as much as I can but it’s hard. It has definitely taken a mental health toll on me. 

One of my family members who is high risk due to age and prior health issues tested positive for coronavirus recently. She was rushed to the hospital for breathing issues. I hope she will be okay but I don’t know. 

I am very scared and it’s crazy how fast life can change. I hope everyone is staying as healthy as possible!
    iOS player since July 2014 
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    edited April 2020
    Same. I try to be a positive person normally but this has been really hard for me. Even my dreams are stressful and I'm not getting a good night's sleep because my mind is working overtime. Today I was told to furlough 3 of my staff members after getting the news just yesterday that their jobs would be safe. I got in my car and cried for awhile before leaving work. I'm so upset.
  • mikaylachimomikaylachimo Registered Users 2,937 Posts
    edited April 2020
    Edited bc this was super long and kinda political. Just felt good to rant for a minute 🙃
    platform: iOS 💞 message me for add info!
    follow my gameplay on instagram: mikaylakkh
  • dpetersdpeters Registered Users, Member 2,843 Posts
    @soundspretty I'm sorry to read you had to go through that today but it's good to let it out 
    Android player 
    Christmas lover 🎄
    #duetstiesystemisunfair
    #fomoiskeepingmehere
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    edited April 2020
    So I'm kinda sorta not working rn at the moment since my job's site is posting less shifts now due to practicing social distancing. Just hoping that my company will get that sorted out soon 🙏🏾

I'm actually bored so cooking is such a huge distraction for me from this news media coverage about Covid-19. Honestly, yall its stressful asf watching the news lately. Like these journalists never changed the topic bc everyday it's the same thing about coronavirus. It's so saddening to hear about ppls passing from this infectious disease everyday.

Made these sandwiches for my fam :smile: and it tasted very scrumptious.😋🤤 Cooking is one of my fave hobbies when I'm not playing kkh.
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

I plan on cooking a mini Easter meal for my husband and I on Sunday. We usually go over to my in-laws so I wanted to do something nice. I've never cooked a ham before. Anybody have any tips? I just got a quarter ham and was thinking maybe a couple hours in the crockpot so it doesn't dry out?
    edited April 2020
    Gosh I just wish things would go back to normal. Just praying🙏🏾 and hoping that this covid-19 pandemic will be over soon bc it feels like a living nightmare☹😩🥺. I really hate how my working hrs gotten shortened due to this problem.
    Daily Android KKH player

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

I plan on cooking a mini Easter meal for my husband and I on Sunday. We usually go over to my in-laws so I wanted to do something nice. I've never cooked a ham before. Anybody have any tips? I just got a quarter ham and was thinking maybe a couple hours in the crockpot so it doesn't dry out?
    I think I’ve made every possible ham mistake you can make till I got good,  so first question is this a fresh ham or is it a cooked ham? What do the instructions say or are there  none?  Butcher wrapped or Wrapped in a plastic or something with a label?  I’ve only done butt halves, so I’ll check out quarter hams and be back.  
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary

Ok, I do the honey baked, or Virginia baked.  They are delicious you glaze them, and I do it with Pinespple slices and cherrys.    This is basically it,  if it’s not fresh.  If it’s not pre sliced you just cook a little longer. It’s a glorified reheat. Lol.
    Quarter Sliced Boneless Honey Ham
    1. Heat in oven for about 10 to 18 minutes per pound at 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
    2. Serve.
    3. TIP: Place the ham cut-side down in the pan. Cover the roasting pan with a lid or cover the ham tightly with aluminum foil to keep it from drying out.
    4. OPTIONAL: If you'd like, use a basting brush to glaze the ham

If it’s fresh, it’s different. 
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Thanks @kokokokonut
    It's cooked and presliced. It's pretty small, maybe only 2lbs, and I didn't think to check if it had directions. I did get stuff to make a pineapple glaze so we'll see how that goes
  • TrashleyKKHTrashleyKKH Registered Users, Member 4,515 Posts
    @soundspretty I did a simple maple syrup glaze On a Xmas ham and it was pretty good. I think a salty ham needs a sweet glaze to counter it. And leftover ham are great in pasta. 
    IOS Player 
  • TrashleyKKHTrashleyKKH Registered Users, Member 4,515 Posts
    @Carol Davida that sandwich looks heavenly! I haven’t had bread in  2 weeks because the shops can’t keep it in stock. Apparently bread is up there with toilet paper in things ppl hoard during quarantine. 
    IOS Player 
    edited April 2020
    Oh you will love it.  those are perfect hams, just a little smaller.
    I still don't know what I'm doing, part of me wants  to support the restaurants that are there cooking, but I am afraid to bring anything in. And that makes me mad at myself.  it makes me feel selfish and not as Jesus would want (and when I ask myself a question like that I'm already locked into that mindset).  .  I am making chicken soup this afternoon.  no one 'needs' it, but it is just really awesome.   lol.
    Your ham will be fabulous.  oooh, I got 4 lobs of thin asparagus when we went food shopping. I do have a beef roast in the freezer,....
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    edited April 2020
    We're doing BBQ takeout tonight because it's my husband's birthday so it was his pick. I haven't really worried about bringing stuff in because I figure if anything is icky, it's groceries. The amount of people I saw picking up stuff and putting it back just a week ago was insane. And bringing their young kids and letting them touch everything 🤦 

I haven't checked out the bread situation in awhile but I've been able to find bakery goods like rolls and french bread. Still having trouble finding rice which stinks because I use that in my lunch meal prep. I've just been craving stuff that I don't even normally eat, but I want it now because I can't get it. 
    Omg bbq yes.  Happy birthday @soundspretty ‘s Hubby!  You’re right about take out vs groceries. I have worn my heavy duty playtex rubber gloves when we have gone food shopping, and we wipe everything down in the garage with Clorox wipes before it comes into the house.  I asked the bakery county ladies if there were any carrot cakes in the freezer.  We love this brand, and learned they’re frozen when they get there. So she went back, and a few minutes later I had a freezer fresh cake.  I still wiped down the package b4 it came in.  Have a safe and happy Holiday. ;)  
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    edited April 2020
    @TrashleyKKH tysm doll :blush: ah well yes supermarkets are a mess rn. During these difficult times like these, ppls are really underestimating essential workers for their services 🤔 when my job ran out of items, it was a such a frustrating situation for me to be grocery shopping for the customer's orders.
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

I think I did ok 😬
    Oh that looks beautiful.  I wish we could swap leftovers.  I ended up making a Teriyaki Roast Beef, with Garlic Roast Asparagus, Putey made mashed potatoes and I served Crescent rolls.  It was good, it came out of the freezer, and now I have more room for this week's grocery shopping! 
    Yesterday, or was it Monday.  Monday.  Huge tree in the back feel down. THe wind just ripped it out of the ground, and dumped it about 3 feet from my back window.  That brought me very down.  ANd we had just planted a 6 foot tree next to it last year,  when Putey went out to see it, the new tree is pristine.  My tree guy is coming tomorrow to clean up the mess.  In the middle of this, yesterday.....the lawn guys came, and I'll be honest, their Spring Cleanup (they have 6 houses on the 10 house cul de sac) just really made the whole block look so much nicer.  Aside from the tree laying down, my back looks nice too.  It's just a little thing that brings a sense of normalcy.  NOt much I know, but it doesn't look as dreary.  Perception is everything.
    Oh, @soundspretty those little yam cubes are adorable. What are they and ....may I have the recipe?  I don't like sweet potatoes/yams but Putey does and I love to make him happy.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    wait.. they are carrots?  Now I REALLY need the recipe.  :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    LOL! Yes, @kokokokonut those are carrots. I seasoned them with cumin and tarragon and roasted them along with brussel sprouts drizzed in honey. Usually I'll do a brown sugar bourbon sauce for the carrots but since I was already doing a sweet veggie I decided savory this time around.

• therealChartherealChar Registered Users, Member 2,714 Posts
    💗 alot of states are gonna reopen so becareful! Stay safe yall
    I can't believe warnings had to go out about not injecting yourself with disinfectant. Is it November yet?