Options

General Complaints Thread

Comments

• Options
    SerendipitySerendipity Registered Users 253 Posts
    HollySisk wrote: »
    I wish that 1940s roll was in KKH.

As for your gifting vs lots of fans friends, I have lots of fans friends and I've rarely received any gifts. I have sent a ton. Guess the joke is on me. LOL
    I have come to accept it. I'm on my first comeback and have three friends with fans over $460million so it's a hard road. Oh well. It gives me a goal.

Holly, I tried to send you gifts, but you have everything that I am able to send you. I am at a lower level than you are, which makes it impossible to send you higher level gifts. I'm working my way up, so I hope that I will be able to gift you! :)

Oh, I actually found a couple of things that you did not have already, so I sent them.
    "Art...a result of the frustration with being normal..."
  • Options
    xXLucyXxxXLucyXx Registered Users 1,077 Posts
    If I reinstall my game and you can restore my red charity and Khloe Bday purchases and I've actually spent about £90 on the game why do I have to watch ads now? Even if glu have only restored some of my purchases - *any* purchase removes ads. Pass me the hookah just to vent that
    GC: { Lucyxx }
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,114 Posts
    1360369753306718517734.pngGlad to see you're back, sorry you have to spend again to eliminate ads, so even the smallest package will work. Did you contact them about it? Oh, hope you like Cherry, I got you a special LEGAL Cherry blend flavor. :)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    xXLucyXxxXLucyXx Registered Users 1,077 Posts
    Thanks Koko I love cherry :) I submitted a ticket I'm not sure what the outcome will be I know it takes a while. Never mind there's always the weekend party thread and maybe Dan Simard will provide us with free drinks if I tell him I know his real name which I learnt from playing Stardom :D
    GC: { Lucyxx }
  • Options
    DMV_DollDMV_Doll Registered Users 1,470 Posts

And, you want some paid Glu employee here watching the forums? If they're not watching the forums, how do they know what is working for us in the game? You want more visible Glu management here? Personally, I'd rather they put that salary in the game area, writing storyline, testing things before release. Pay someone to make the game better, not to babysit us. And let me toss one other point, how do you think our current Glu management feels when people actually call for GluAdmin back? Our new Glu representation is the strong silent type. Ok, I'm done. oh, when I got my giftbox today, I played my usual square and got 350$ or some other useless thing so I bought a daily gift box. and got the bikini outfit in grey. But that's why the clothes are going in giftboxes. So we'll buy them during the week too.

Koko, sometimes I think u have a special gift of misinterpreting my comments... Lol

I said "Glu admin rarely makes an appearance in the support thread and this is basically a player run forum. "

How did this get translated into "If they're not watching the forums, how do they know what is working for us in the game? "

If they weren't watching/lurking this conversation would be moot. In essence they're getting paid to lurk, but avoid direct communication with forum members complaints, concerns and suggestions.

How often does Glu Admin make comments and address players concerns (aka "make an appearance") in a thread other than major glitches normally following an update? They don't. You're their buffer/ middle man. If the middle man wasn't there, Glu admin would be forced to have more of an active visible presence in the threads.

You're a great moderator, and nobody wants your babysitting job... but I thought this was the Hookah Den for smoking and smoldering complaints and frustrations thread. Not the defend and justify Glu actions or lack thereof thread.

Edit: also this statement "And let me toss one other point, how do you think our current Glu management feels when people actually call for GluAdmin back? Our new Glu representation is the strong silent type. "

No one knows the difference or that there's been a change between current Glu Management vs. previous Glu Admin bcuz they don't interact with us.
    I don't make the rules... I just follow them most of the time 😉

Andriod player
  • Options
    Jd45313Jd45313 Registered Users 53 Posts
    Looks like it'll be another weekend without an event. They haven't responded to my email of my ticket I submitted online. They have however responded on the in game help but I can't view my reply thanks to another bug. They haven't contacted me after I posted on the official thread either. I know it takes time but I don't have time, the weekend event starts tomorrow and they wont help me once it's weekend. sigh. Maybe next weekend I can participate in the weekend event thread.
  • Options
    I posted half an hour ago asking everyone to check their pms, and if they don't have a pm from Glu, to post again in the No weekend thread. http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?160982-Not-Getting-Weekend-Events-Legal-Game
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Jd45313Jd45313 Registered Users 53 Posts
    I posted half an hour ago asking everyone to check their pms, and if they don't have a pm from Glu, to post again in the No weekend thread. http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?160982-Not-Getting-Weekend-Events-Legal-Game

Sorry, I check that thread every hour hoping for some news. Only saw it now and posted again, though I'm not sure why they didn't see it in the first place. I've already posted there twice.
  • Options
    DMV_Doll wrote: »
    Koko, sometimes I think u have a special gift of misinterpreting my comments... Lol

I said "Glu admin rarely makes an appearance in the support thread and this is basically a player run forum. "

How did this get translated into "If they're not watching the forums, how do they know what is working for us in the game? "

If they weren't watching/lurking this conversation would be moot. In essence they're getting paid to lurk, but avoid direct communication with forum members complaints, concerns and suggestions.

How often does Glu Admin make comments and address players concerns (aka "make an appearance") in a thread other than major glitches normally following an update? They don't. You're their buffer/ middle man. If the middle man wasn't there, Glu admin would be forced to have more of an active visible presence in the threads.

You're a great moderator, and nobody wants your babysitting job... but I thought this was the Hookah Den for smoking and smoldering complaints and frustrations thread. Not the defend and justify Glu actions or lack thereof thread.

Edit: also this statement "And let me toss one other point, how do you think our current Glu management feels when people actually call for GluAdmin back? Our new Glu representation is the strong silent type. "

No one knows the difference or that there's been a change between current Glu Management vs. previous Glu Admin bcuz they don't interact with us.

I'm so sorry I should've said that my post was in response to a number of posts about wanting to see more of Glu here, from a number of different people I didn't mean to single anybody out. But if you think I misinterpret you I promise to make a conscious effort to see if I'm taking things wrong, and to see if my comments could be misconstrued. Very often my mind will think of something else and I'll continue as if I'd verbally announced the shift. How does that sound?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    nebula macaronnebula macaron Registered Users 239 Posts
    There's no strategy in changing the gift box clothing "borrowing "...u can't buy them so there's no money lost.

Players come to forum for support, tips and strategy. Glu admin rarely makes an appearance in the support thread and this is basically a player run forum.

If we can provide help/tips to those who can't afford to spend money complete an event weekend and get all the earned prices, this should be allowed. The main purposes of the event weekends & daily gift boxes was to help those players with no money win free stuff. Event weekends should always be possible to complete for all players . And for those who choose to spend money and open gift boxes & win the event clothing can finish quicker.

I'm sooooo happy they got rid of the hackers, but that affected "legal" players as well. We still can't gift new stuff and the best wardrobe items are held until weekend event or in daily gift boxes instead of a new update which hackers can't participate in.

Tbh if Glu had accurate and thorough beta testing prior to releasing an update they wouldn't have to fix as many glitches.

Well I'm not precisely talking about money lost but money gained. I ain't an economics expert but by putting clothing in gift boxes they're making users open more boxes which means spending k-stars, and a lot of users spend a lot of money on the game just to get a certain piece of clothing.

Also, it's not necessary for Glu to be posting in the forum everyday; it's more than enough for them to read what's posted in here to see what changes they can do to the game, whether or not they're improvements doesn't really matter. Even if the forum is player-run, it's still the official forum for the game which means Glu is the admin and has all the right to use the information shared here, to either improve things or make them more difficult.

I don't remember in which other thread I mentioned this, but this forum and their fb page is obviously going to be checked by them. To see how we react to their changes. I unfortunately saw this happening with another game, in which I was really invested, and while it hurt to let go of it, I decided to abandon ship when they got too greedy. This is why I don't spend a dime on this game, because then I'd get too invested and losing money isn't precisely something I like; none of us would like to see our money going to waste.

I do have to say that it wasn't until André's update that I suffered from any glitches. I do believe and agree that they should run tests before releasing the updates, as well as being less restrictive in their events.
    Events were easier to complete but now they're impossible, and if anything the people with better chances of completing them are people with all three comebacks, because of the bolts, or people who can buy energy to complete them on time.
    I deleted all my GC friends because I am planning to do my second comeback, so if I had you added I'm really sorry!
  • Options
    ZoyechkaZoyechka Registered Users 1,187 Posts

ITA on all that you've said. BRAVA! I'd also go even further that GluAdmin should be here not to just lurk, but to also provide feedback.
    GC: Zoë Strange
  • Options
    Ahh, sometimes you just have to dance to the music. Happy almost Friday Peeps
    My opinion is, no one will come and chat with us, or even pop in if it isn't their nature. And if they were, it would be on their own timeline. Maybe if we stop asking...................... Just my opinion.

But as far as all the swimsuits in the gboxes, I do have to admit, that it was nice grabbing one of what I wanted for 10Stars. Now I just need them for 2 more games.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    PolkaDotPolkaDot Registered Users 1,226 Posts
    So do I understand correctly - The game actually punishes us for being generous and or popular?

The more friends we have in our friends list the lower our status will be in the game?

I added everybody because I liked gifting. Now between finding out that more friends make it impossible for me to ever reach Top 10 in my game, and people erasing my gifts later on purpose, that's ruined for me now too and it *was* the one thing I was still enjoying in this game.

So should I delete all my friends now?? How do I do that? I am on iOS and Game Center.

Holly I sent you lots of stuff when you first joined I think - and not long ago about a week or so I sent you a beach dress, it was the only thing left giftable in your wardrobe at the time. I wasn't going to buy more K stars or game cash but, I finally did after someone in my friends list was a very good giftee (as you were), she wore everything I sent, and even put a thank you in her GC text bubble for me.

So once I had the ability to gift a bit again, I looked up some old friends to see if they were doing well or not and needed anything and that's when I sent you the 30 K star beach dress.

But I know what you mean about not everyone reciprocating.

However someone else mentioned that too and I found out that what we see as giftable, doesn't even appear on other people's screens...If it has a dark background or a border no one sees it but us. (They can't gift it.)

At any rate. I don't know, the game is very monotonous and repetitive for me and a lot of aspects of it are not making sense to me.

So, I dunno...I'm kind of disgruntled at the game currently and am hoping for something to spark my interest in it again.
  • Options
    It depends, Polka, but that's basically the gist of it. If you don't want to do any comebacks then it's not important, but yeah that's pretty much it.
    I deleted all my GC friends because I am planning to do my second comeback, so if I had you added I'm really sorry!
  • Options
    Well that makes no sense to me...In reality don't celebs rely on their celeb friends to help raise their profile and help them out? Aren't celebs always trying to be more popular? How can that translate in the game to 'make more friends, struggle more?'
  • Options
    HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    PolkaDot wrote: »
    Holly I sent you lots of stuff when you first joined I think - and not long ago about a week or so I sent you a beach dress, it was the only thing left giftable in your wardrobe at the time. I wasn't going to buy more K stars or game cash but, I finally did after someone in my friends list was a very good giftee (as you were), she wore everything I sent, and even put a thank you in her GC text bubble for me.

So once I had the ability to gift a bit again, I looked up some old friends to see if they were doing well or not and needed anything and that's when I sent you the 30 K star beach dress.
    But I know what you mean about not everyone reciprocating. However someone else mentioned that too and I found out that what we see as giftable, doesn't even appear on other people's screens...If it has a dark background or a border no one sees it but us.
    At any rate. I don't know, the game is very monotonous and repetitive for me and a lot of aspects of it are not making sense to me.
    So, I dunno...I'm kind of disgruntled at the game currently and am hoping for something to spark my interest in it again.

Yes Polka, you have been a generous KKH friend and I truly appreciate it! It's better than Christmas because I'm truly surprised when a gift arrives. I always wear gift items immediately and build outfits around them so you could see that I actually received it and love it. No one else has sent me even 10% of what you have. I have tried to gift to you but notified you here in the Forum that it showed that you already had everything even though you didn't. I wish I could gift to you. Like you, I enjoy sending gifts and I send multiple gifts a week. It's rare that I receive gifts but I try to remember what my Mom taught me, "tis better to give than receive." However, I admit that sometimes it does disappoint me to feel hardly anyone sends me gifts. But what's worse is to hear that people have deleted their games and just given up the gifts that I worked hard to earn the Kash or Kstars to buy them. That takes a lot of the fun away from gifting.

I don't know how to change the writing in my dolls bubble. Can someone tell me how?
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • Options
    DMV_DollDMV_Doll Registered Users 1,470 Posts
    Nebula, do u know why I originally mentioned the gift box items? It has nothing to do with Glu gaining and/or losing money. It had everything to do with a fun glitch. Everyone gets a free daily gift box to open and its up to players to use their K Stars to open more.

I'll speak for myself here... I never asked for Glu Admin to comment everyday or join in any of the discussions at all. I was saying, since their presence is absent, this is a player run forum. Meaning the players are helping players as much as they can with the game. However, now that I thought about it...it wouldn't hurt from time to time to say "we hear you " or "enjoy this weekends event".

Glu absolutely has every right to do whatever they like with this information posted on their forum, no one has disagreed or said they cannot. It's just f**cked up that they do and make the game harder. bcuz of this, some forum members are now hesitant to post their specific strategies, tips and tricks.

For example, The adjustment to the energy needed to complete a party does not just effect players during a party event weekend... It also hurts those who are working on their comebacks, bcuz this was a "tip" shared that throwing parties helps get back to the #1 faster. So not only do they have to burn through more energy, the max fans increases every update makin the climb back to the top a daunting task to complete. This senerio doesn't even affect me bcuz I finished all three comebacks a long time ago, but as a player, I can empathize with those who haven't.

I do spend money on this game, but I still feel a need to voice the perspective of those players who cannot financially invest.
    I don't make the rules... I just follow them most of the time 😉

Andriod player
  • Options
    ZoyechkaZoyechka Registered Users 1,187 Posts
    PolkaDot wrote: »
    So do I understand correctly - The game actually punishes us for being generous and or popular?

The more friends we have in our friends list the lower our status will be in the game?

I added everybody because I liked gifting. Now between finding out that more friends make it impossible for me to ever reach Top 10 in my game, and people erasing my gifts later on purpose, that's ruined for me now too and it *was* the one thing I was still enjoying in this game.

So should I delete all my friends now?? How do I do that? I am on iOS and Game Center.

But I know what you mean about not everyone reciprocating.

However someone else mentioned that too and I found out that what we see as giftable, doesn't even appear on other people's screens...If it has a dark background or a border no one sees it but us. (They can't gift it.)

gurl... Clear ur inbox, pretty please? I got sum fun stuff for u. Got ur message btw & I gave a reply but ur inbox is full
    GC: Zoë Strange
  • Options
    Holly you were wonderful as a giftee and made gifting truly a joy!

It was such a kick to look through my friends' list and see not only did you wear the gift but made a really nice outfit out of it in ways I wouldn't have thought to do and always looked smashing. All sorts of different styles. Very creative.

Yes, I guess everything that I can be sent, has been...early on one or two people including MamaFapXO sent me tons of things, so fast that I couldn't keep track of who sent what. I feel bad that I never properly thanked anybody. Sometimes, too, I'd go and nothing would be there, a game glitch I think.

But I know how you feel Holly because when you really like to give things, it seems kinda quiet on the other end! Lol

I had looked forward to maybe being gifted the new things on Level 28 only to look again and see they can't be gifted. Why, Glu?

Holly, as to changing what your doll says in the game if someone sees her standing around in a restaurant or club...Go to the place where you change clothes, tap on a link to the left, and I can't recall exactly how but eventually you will figure it out too. There you can type something in and save it. You don't have to tweet it first, although it will ask you to.

Then in Game Center you can also say something if people look at your page, by tapping "me" and tapping the speech bubble and typing and saving.
  • Options
    Dot, of course once you hit the max number of fans you automatically become number 1 in your game, but getting there is the Be0tch. Sigh. Well they say a sucker is born every minute. I bought one of the gift boxes. That's all.

Pass the Hookah please.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Nebula, do u know why I originally mentioned the gift box items? It has nothing to do with Glu gaining and/or losing money. It had everything to do with a fun glitch. Everyone gets a free daily gift box to open and its up to players to use their K Stars to open more.

I'll speak for myself here... I never asked for Glu Admin to comment everyday or join in any of the discussions at all. I was saying, since their presence is absent, this is a player run forum. Meaning the players are helping players as much as they can with the game. However, now that I thought about it...it wouldn't hurt from time to time to say "we hear you " or "enjoy this weekends event".

Glu absolutely has every right to do whatever they like with this information posted on their forum, no one has disagreed or said they cannot. It's just f**cked up that they do and make the game harder. bcuz of this, some forum members are now hesitant to post their specific strategies, tips and tricks.

For example, The adjustment to the energy needed to complete a party does not just effect players during a party event weekend... It also hurts those who are working on their comebacks, bcuz this was a "tip" shared that throwing parties helps get back to the #1 faster. So not only do they have to burn through more energy, the max fans increases every update makin the climb back to the top a daunting task to complete. This senerio doesn't even affect me bcuz I finished all three comebacks a long time ago, but as a player, I can empathize with those who haven't.

I do spend money on this game, but I still feel a need to voice the perspective of those players who cannot financially invest.

See but here's the thing; they're not really absent. I can understand where you're coming from, though.
    And also I do agree it's ****ed up they make the game harder because not all of us can afford to pay for K-Stars. Technically speaking I -could- go and buy an iTunes card, but I'd rather spend it on a makeup palette or a Chanel lipstick [which may change with the throwback boxes although that's still on a "we'll see"].

But it's also true that this game is also a business, and they will try to make the player spend money on it and see how far they can stretch it. I think it's redundant by now to say that the way they do this changes is by reading posts and strategies here.
    I do believe that changes to the game are important, like having better testing before update releases, decreasing the amount of points/kstars to complete events, and making sure that "legal" players don't get compromised while they try to fix the hacker situation.
  • Options
    As Dot was saying. Go to wardrobe. On the left you'll see a little thought bubble icon to the left of our doll's head. It's above the Gold heart Tap the thought bubble and type in your message. Good luck.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    mrsarchuleta89mrsarchuleta89 Registered Users 81 Posts
    Im SO freaking upset that this throwback sale is 60 stars?! I was soo excited when I saw it but omg :( I would open on but with my luck I'd get a bracelet or a purse...ugh. why couldn't it be 40 stars?
  • Options
    Minne623Minne623 Registered Users 335 Posts
    Im SO freaking upset that this throwback sale is 60 stars?! I was soo excited when I saw it but omg :( I would open on but with my luck I'd get a bracelet or a purse...ugh. why couldn't it be 40 stars?

I completely agree, I just opened one and got this...

IMG_0063_zps83386ba7.png
    GC Minne622
  • Options
    If we sit together, between my ring and your boa, we'll be ready for the next 'tackiest outfit contest". I think if we check the last one we'll see both our items there Doll! If I wouldn't spend 40 on it, 60?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    I would not even pay 10 K stars for the ring and boa...

I paid til I got all the past prizes though. My favorites were the white dress with red hearts, and the Kendall pants.

A lot of it is sort of like things we have, or it's not that attractive i.e. boa, ring and multi color handbag; or it's holiday themed. But some of the dresses were cute and I guess it's good to have more shoes.

Zoe I will try to clear out my Inbox thanks.
  • Options
    Of course when I bought it I thought it would be special. THe good prizes. but, I'm a sucker, and I'll probably try the new one I think is starting when the current ThrowBackBox offer ends.

After walking it off so to speak, I came back, stopped counting how many boxes I bought got the pants, and the sunglasses for this week. and over 20,000$
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    trevoractortrevoractor Registered Users 1,114 Posts
    Lmao Glu is really testing my strength today. They know I'm DYING to open just one more of those giftboxes but then they cut off my video offers right when I get to 59 stars..
    image_zpswxri7tfu.jpg

I'm really hoping that the giftboxes "refill" directly after the current throwback ends (and hopefully with better stuff than more watches and sunglasses)
    A+++ Lister // GameCenter: TrevorActor :cool:
  • Options
    HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    Lmao Glu is really testing my strength today. They know I'm DYING to open just one more of those giftboxes but then they cut off my video offers right when I get to 59 stars..

I'm really hoping that the giftboxes "refill" directly after the current throwback ends (and hopefully with better stuff than more watches and sunglasses)

I don't have video offers or any other way to earn K stars. I have to pay $$$ for them. Is that a glitch?

I really hope they do another Throwback event with additional items.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • Options
    Danielle_ModelsDanielle_Models Banned Users 870 Posts
    Nope it's not I haven't got any video for k-stars either. And now that I think about it, it makes sense. The throwback gift boxes put everyone off guard, and what better way to make people spend money to open more gift boxes when there are no videos available.