Options

Weekend Event 7/24/2015 - 5 Months to Christmas - Woo Hoo!

Comments

• Options
    DMV_DollDMV_Doll Registered Users 1,470 Posts
    xXLucyXx wrote: »
    Please can someone tell me what event these shoes are from?

image_zpshuail02n.jpg

I won them in a throwback gift box but I don't recognise them they remind me of ones that were already in the wardrobe

Yikes! Those aren't event items at all and sadly they didn't even cost K Stars...

PhotoGrid_1437738807175_zpsa35lrcaw.jpg
    I don't make the rules... I just follow them most of the time 😉

Andriod player
  • Options
    xXLucyXxxXLucyXx Registered Users 1,077 Posts
    Hmm no I don't think so Koko but maybe if she clicks her heels together my girl will wake up back in So Chic in her work clothes with Luther telling her to hurry up and straighten the shirts...

I think there were about 34 throwback gift box items available this time - if they have three events like this in total (covering the rest of the items) that would be 6120 kstars to get every item, which is about £400/ over 600 USD!
    GC: { Lucyxx }
  • Options
    xXLucyXxxXLucyXx Registered Users 1,077 Posts
    DMV_Doll wrote: »
    Yikes! Those aren't event items at all and sadly they didn't even cost K Stars...

PhotoGrid_1437738807175_zpsa35lrcaw.jpg

I thought so - thanks for confirming DMV_Doll :)
    GC: { Lucyxx }
  • Options
    kkhlexikkhlexi Registered Users 38 Posts
    Just opened my giftbox- I got 50 energy -__- the top, bottoms, shoes, a random outfit, and one of the rompers were prizes along with 2 $4000.
    Eh, at least I can use the energy to speed through some gigs.
    No cheats, no hacks. :o
    Android - message me to add me on GooglePlay
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Yeah, the 4000$ for 40 Stars is just wrong. For this mornings expenditure, I could have gotten the only good wedding dress, or the silk cashmere coat ensemble.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    MommyTo3MunchkinsMommyTo3Munchkins Registered Users 341 Posts
    Opened my gift box and got some ugly "normal gift box" white pants. On the upside, there were 5 different "clothing" options in my boxes...3 regular (including a swimsuit and the new hat/hair) and 2 special event options. I did not see cash in my boxes at all.

~Melissa~
    GC: MommyTo3Munchkins

• Options
    xXLucyXx wrote: »
    I thought so - thanks for confirming DMV_Doll :)

No prob:) You're taking this pretty well Lucy. I'd be livid if (1) I Spent 60 K Stars on a regular wardrobe item (2) if the wardrobe item normally cost K Kash

Andriod player
  • Options
    I would love to know how many sunglasses and watches guys have in their wardrobe lol

It seems like they get those accessories every other weekend.
    Naimonster wrote: »
    tLKVLqb.png
    9LJvkYc.png

Andriod player
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Well, such early disappointment has not been good. I went back, earned a giftbox, (same game that bought 3 boxes right off the bat this morning, got 12000$, I just decided if I keep buying it will work. It didn't 3 more sets of 3 =9 boxes plus this morning's 3 got me the giftbox 'bonus' shoes. yeah. so 12 boxes...a pair of shoes, cash, one box of 50 Energy, and.....guess what. The swimsuit in the 10Star regular giftbox yesterday, today cost 40Stars. I am walking away.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    trevoractortrevoractor Registered Users 1,114 Posts
    Ok it is becoming a trend that I always get the pants from the giftbox but never the matching top.. So I guess I'll have to make these pants work some other way because id much rather spend my k-stars on the guaranteed boxes rather than gambling for the top.
    image_zpsus3qegvg.jpg
    A+++ Lister // GameCenter: TrevorActor :cool:
  • Options
    MkloveMklove Registered Users 275 Posts
    i have got the kylie and kendall shoes and most of all the kendall sweatpants that are super cool,
    And then like you I got some stupid rings and some ugly green stuff:)

I hope the black chanel bag will do its comeback! My doll Alyssa really needs it:)

Kisses

Did you get something good at least? I might as well buy the gift cards and shred them right in the store. For all the good it does me.

Oh and yeah, I got those shoes too, but they just came in with some other gifts from friends ages ago. Unless your taupe shoes are 'magic' shoes. Do they let you tap through the screens with no energy? no? did you need the shoes? I'd rather have shoes than 3 boxes of 4000$.
  • Options
    hkayteehkaytee Registered Users 116 Posts
    I'm always nervous when it's time to open giftboxes and hearing all the disappointing results just has me on the edge lol I think I'll wait a little while longer
    Add me GC: AychKT && yakanaTee :)
  • Options
    Does anyone know if I finish opening all of these will a new round of giftboxes appear or does it mean i will have all the items from the first throwback event?
    image_zpsxwsq1ese.jpg

Because I might just buy more k-stars and open them all if there's a chance they won't come back in future throwback events.
  • Options
    HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    I only have enough stars to get 2 boxes if I went for them, so I am holding off, (I want to see what the event brings too)

does anyone know if they have this hair and the red xmas dress in the boxes

12iSPmL.jpg

I might cave if they do ;)

I was a very very bad girl and bought every single item they offered. NO awesome long curly hair and NO red Christmas dress. Some other players have posted here that what was available was from a certain number of months. Hopefully there will be other throwback events that offer those items. I love them too!
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • Options
    trufflebuttertrufflebutter Registered Users 441 Posts
    Does anyone know if I finish opening all of these will a new round of giftboxes appear or does it mean i will have all the items from the first throwback event?
    image_zpsxwsq1ese.jpg

Because I might just buy more k-stars and open them all if there's a chance they won't come back in future throwback events.

When you open all gift boxes everything disappears ..
  • Options
    I had hoped I would wake up to more throwback gift boxes but apparently Glu realizes that I need grocery money too so they are truly gone. I opened 34...so so naughty...and love most of the items.

As for the weekend event, I hate to complain but I think the clothes are pretty boring. Perhaps I will actually make it through a weekend event without spending a fortune in K stars trying to win all four items!???
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • Options
    PolkaDotPolkaDot Registered Users 1,226 Posts
    Don't worry, Polka. I'm happy, what we asked for it's happening. It's such a great day.

Aww.

Well I got the event I guess. I didn't get to play til later but I got the past prize box thing and since there were no zonk prizes i.e. cash or energy bolts, I kept going. I think I spent $100 real money but I got all the prizes. It was over priced, especially for the ring and boa. The hair was all holiday hat hair.

But I liked some of the dresses, and I liked the shoes. Oh! I finally got the Kendall pants - I wanted those...a long time.

I took a few pix. I will try to get those online, so I can post some here. I don't really know if there is anything in there that is that amazing to be honest, aside from the Kendall pants, those are kind of different. We already have beige and black shoes.
  • Options
    kkh.isabellagracekkh.isabellagrace Registered Users 108 Posts
    So, I just open my free gift box and I got 4000$. I feel just like this:
    giphy.gif
    tumblr_static_tumblr_static_9xic5l2xasookkgg08sc0gg0o_640.gif
  • Options
    I got money in my free gift box too.

Since I rarely win more prizes than that... oh well :(

But I did buy ONE of the event gift boxes for 40 K stars and got a pair of high waisted black pants. At least I can use those. (Edit: I bought that one *before* I got the free prize box...so it wasn't out of disappointment. Still, Glu gets me regardless so I guess I don't give them incentive to change things.)

I didn't buy another prize box that time and I am glad I didn't. The other prizes were not from the event but from wardrobe prize items. And they were things I don't really want (at least, not for 40 K stars.)
  • Options
    EternalLoveEternalLove Registered Users 46 Posts
    HollySisk wrote: »
    I was a very very bad girl and bought every single item they offered. NO awesome long curly hair and NO red Christmas dress. Some other players have posted here that what was available was from a certain number of months. Hopefully there will be other throwback events that offer those items. I love them too!

Thanks for letting me know, it's a shame, but at least I saved my stars, they might offer them another time
  • Options
    zitronezitrone Registered Users 194 Posts
    I have the event, but my tasks for the event have disappeared. Something strange is also going on with my iCloud. I guess the game doesn't back up anymore?
  • Options
    I have two event gift box items, but when I complete a 3hr gig I'm only receiving +1 bonus star and not +2

I just completed a 8hr gig and only received +2 bonus stars when it should be +4

PhotoGrid_1437738303414_zps6c4i5btl.jpg

PhotoGrid_1437750373813_zpsw9woknuk.jpg

Am I the only one experiencing this?

Andriod player
  • Options
    PolkaDot wrote: »
    Well I got the event I guess. I didn't get to play til later but I got the past prize box thing and since there were no zonk prizes i.e. cash or energy bolts, I kept going. I think I spent $100 real money but I got all the prizes. It was over priced, especially for the ring and boa. The hair was all holiday hat hair..

No wonder we like each other, I spent big money too to buy all the throwback gift boxes. You've been playing longer than me so I had to spend more money than you. Yikes! But, I'm happy to have many of the items and it was so fun to open them.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • Options
    ChristyKayChristyKay Registered Users 73 Posts
    Disappointed it isn't a VIP event. I went ahead and opened the throwback box and got the Pirate outfit hair. The hair is cute but not a big fan of the hat. Then I opened the event box for 40 stars and got 50 energy... I was NOT happy about that. Still going to save my stars for the VIP event. Overall today was not my day.
  • Options
    EternalLoveEternalLove Registered Users 46 Posts
    P8kMqags.jpg

I won this outfit in my free box, I was hoping for the shoes but I quite like this
  • Options
    zitrone wrote: »
    I have the event, but my tasks for the event have disappeared. Something strange is also going on with my iCloud. I guess the game doesn't back up anymore?

The same happened to me last weekend. Some people said that after shutting down the game and opened it again, the tasks were back. But I never got them back.
  • Options
    zitronezitrone Registered Users 194 Posts
    The same happened to me last weekend. Some people said that after shutting down the game and opened it again, the tasks were back. But I never got them back.

How is your event this weekend? Did you get the tasks? Did you also have the problem with iCloud?
  • Options
    zitrone wrote: »
    How is your event this weekend? Did you get the tasks? Did you also have the problem with iCloud?

I don't think that I have any problem with my iCloud. And yes, this weekend I got my tasks.
  • Options
    What I recall that was in the past prize box thing:

A dark orange (brown?) ruffly mini dress, a white dress with red hearts, a long sleeve short hem dark sparkly dress, a long black gown with fur on the bodice, very tall black boots, Halloween hat hair, black Playboy bunny ears hair, Kendall black capri pants, black and gold pointy toe high heel shoes, beige dressy sandals, shorter black boots, multi color handbag (baby handprints?), green feather boa, red heart ring, black strappy shoes, oh and red Santa hat hair. That's all I can recall, maybe someone else can say more.
  • Options
    Holding off on buying the last 5 giftboxes (even though I really want that Christmas suit) because I'm sure we will have another throwback event in the future with all new exclusives that I want a lot more than a tacky st patty's day hat and reindeer antlers.