Options

General Complaints Thread

Comments

• Options
    ChristyKayChristyKay Registered Users 73 Posts
    I'm having the total opposite problem... I have almost unlimited videos. I have to go to "other offers" but theres almost always videos to watch. This never happens. Yesterday I got over 100 Kstars just from watching videos.
  • Options
    Danielle_ModelsDanielle_Models Banned Users 870 Posts
    This happened to me before the weekend event, I'd do the other offers but a I hate having to go back down the list to get the trailer videos.
    Edit:I mean I had 'unlimited' videos before the weekend event
  • Options
    ChristyKayChristyKay Registered Users 73 Posts
    This happened to me before the weekend event, I'd do the other offers but a I hate having to go back down the list to get the trailer videos.
    Yes I agree it is annoying but so worth it. I cringe every time I spend real money on the game ):
  • Options
    HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    I haven't had video offers in months! When I first started the game, I had them but they disappeared the first time I bought some K stars. Have not had them since. :-(
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • Options
    LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    xXLucyXx wrote: »
    Thanks Koko I love cherry :) I submitted a ticket I'm not sure what the outcome will be I know it takes a while. Never mind there's always the weekend party thread and maybe Dan Simard will provide us with free drinks if I tell him I know his real name which I learnt from playing Stardom :D

Wait a minute, wait a minute! What's all this?!

Can you post a pic of him from Stardom if he's any different, and what's the real name?
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19

• Options
    nebula macaronnebula macaron Registered Users 239 Posts
    I think that videos depend greatly on the country you live in. American players seem to be the ones who get the most k-stars from videos.
    I get like 2-3 K-stars every 24, sometimes 48 hours.
    I deleted all my GC friends because I am planning to do my second comeback, so if I had you added I'm really sorry!
  • Options
    ZoyechkaZoyechka Registered Users 1,187 Posts
    ChristyKay wrote: »
    I'm having the total opposite problem... I have almost unlimited videos. I have to go to "other offers" but theres almost always videos to watch. This never happens. Yesterday I got over 100 Kstars just from watching videos.
    what? Omg... The most I got was 6 Kstars and that was before I started buying Kstars with real money. I swear, Glu is really playing with me.
    GC: Zoë Strange
  • Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    ChristyKay wrote: »

Well that's something, I wouldn't mind watching videos all day if I were you. Max I've gotten was 4-5, and 0 ever since I bought Kstars. =_____="
    PM to add
  • Options
    xXLucyXxxXLucyXx Registered Users 1,077 Posts
    LuzVarias wrote: »
    Wait a minute, wait a minute! What's all this?!

Can you post a pic of him from Stardom if he's any different, and what's the real name?

Ok Dan I had to do this

image_zpsxw5qxjyt.jpg

I noticed despite the narcolepsy :D
    GC: { Lucyxx }
  • Options
    zitronezitrone Registered Users 194 Posts
    I am also getting a lot of k-stars from offers. This week I have gotten about 20-30 by the time I'm done watching. I also had an interesting glitch last week. This one pop-up ad was giving me a k-star. That glitch is gone.

Now I'm really annoyed. I have the event for this weekend, but the gigs disappeared. Then one showed up when Simon called. I wrote to Glu and told them this and I was told I was cheating and I should go back to level 7. I do not have a hack. I've been playing this game since August 2014. I did a lot of tapping yesterday because I was hungover. I don't know why this is happening?
  • Options
    AliBryantAliBryant Registered Users 6,169 Posts
    I'm reading with such jealousy! I have played the game since June 2014, have spent hundreds of dollars of real money, and have not once been given the chance to watch videos for stars.
    iOS
  • Options
    LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    xXLucyXx wrote: »
    Ok Dan I had to do this

image_zpsxw5qxjyt.jpg

I noticed despite the narcolepsy :D

Whoa, you're telling me he's actually Moe Szyslack?!? I didn't think it was possible to like him more, but I do. I'm glad to see more of his outfit, too! Thanks Lucy!

I'm guessing they never had him host a beach-weekend debauch or anything in Stardom, did they?

So maybe he can start selling Flaming Dans in KKH...
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19

• Options
    AliBryant wrote: »
    I'm reading with such jealousy! I have played the game since June 2014, have spent hundreds of dollars of real money, and have not once been given the chance to watch videos for stars.

I'm in your boat Ali. I just started playing earlier this year but I have spent hundreds of dollars in real money and never have the opportunity to watch videos for K stars. When I first started playing, I had video offers but once I purchases a small package of K stars, the video offers disappeared and never returned. I think that is wrong.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • Options
    DMV_DollDMV_Doll Registered Users 1,470 Posts
    My friend started playing on her new iPad Air and there's isn't even a button in the Star Shop to get free stars or Cash. Her first box is the $4.99

AliBryant wrote: »

HollySisk wrote: »
    I'm in your boat Ali. I just started playing earlier this year but I have spent hundreds of dollars in real money and never have the opportunity to watch videos for K stars. When I first started playing, I had video offers but once I purchases a small package of K stars, the video offers disappeared and never returned. I think that is wrong.
    I don't make the rules... I just follow them most of the time 😉

Andriod player
  • Options
    PolkaDotPolkaDot Registered Users 1,226 Posts
    Zoyechka wrote: »
    gurl... Clear ur inbox, pretty please? I got sum fun stuff for u. Got ur message btw & I gave a reply but ur inbox is full

The runway is clear and ready for takeoff...the plane is waiting. Care for some mints? Champagne and peanuts??
  • Options
    pandamoo85pandamoo85 Registered Users 107 Posts
    Uggghhhh I have so many complaints about this game it's not even funny. Well, no, not about the game, but about GLU support. I've been playing for about a year now and I've had nothing but problems with them. If anyone else had that weird LAX glitch back in the fall where you got stuck in the airport and then all your contacts were deleted? I got hit with that too, and it took FOUR MONTHS of talking to support for them to tell me that they couldn't fix the problem caused by the loss of contacts (namely, it deleted my spouse but i was still 'married' so i couldn't marry anyone else) and that I had to restart. But they were nice enough to send me a chunk of K-Stars, but still sucked to lose all of the holiday event clothing from July-February.

Fast forward to now, where I had gotten a new phone and had used a program to transfer my game files from my old phone cuz my iCloud wasn't working (none of the GLU games would register on the new phone from iCloud save file, but Gamesoft games had no problem, go figure). I was enjoying playing, when come July 4th suddenly I couldn't get the weekend events?? Contacted support and had a week long argument complete with screenshots that I was playing a legitimate game, where they kept insisting that their program was perfect and only flagged hacked games so clearly my game was hacked. Sent them two screenshots of my very much non-hacked game plus receipts from K-Star purchases, and they just kept insisting that they hadn't made a mistake and the programming didn't flag non-hacked games -- one look at the forums told me that was a lie.

So anyway long story short, I finagled with my old phone and managed to get the iCloud game from that one to register on my new phone -- except obviously I lost alllllll of the last several months progress again. Husband divorced me and wants 70+ K-Stars to make up, so I have to start all over on a relationship so I can't get my baby back. Lost all the clothes I had from events all over again. Asked Support if they would be willing to give out K-Stars and they still claim that it wasn't their coding's fault for wrongly flagging my game. And now I can't even afford the throwback boxes to try to get back some of the clothing from the last year that I no longer have at all. *cries in a corner* Sometimes I wonder if it's even worth it to keep playing at this point. They're definitely not getting any money from me ever again.

/endrant
    My avi's name is Star -- she shows up as Starfaise for GC contacts. :o
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Welcome to the forum panda!

I'm sorry for all the trouble you reported here panda, if it's any consolation I loved your doll cosplay of Sailor Pluto!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    SerendipitySerendipity Registered Users 253 Posts
    I have a new device that I will be using, and it sucks that I have no option of transferring my game. Having restarted a few times before, and then deciding that I would not do it again, I find myself in quite the situation.... Of all the times I reset my game never before have I felt like I was losing much, since I have received only a few gifts (which I really do love) and I don't have a full wardrobe, I have the event items of last week and some of this week. I love the eyes and hair from the Glam Squad weekend, and it kinda hurts to give those up. And I was halfway through this weekend's event (3 giftbox items and the white tied top). Oh well, I will be chasing down the number one spot from the bottom of the E-List on my new device. Happy weekend everyone!

edit: if you would like to add me, my GC is srt313
    "Art...a result of the frustration with being normal..."
  • Options
    I have a new device that I will be using, and it sucks that I have no option of transferring my game. Having restarted a few times before, and then deciding that I would not do it again, I find myself in quite the situation.... Of all the times I reset my game never before have I felt like I was losing much, since I have received only a few gifts (which I really do love) and I don't have a full wardrobe, I have the event items of last week and some of this week. I love the eyes and hair from the Glam Squad weekend, and it kinda hurts to give those up. And I was halfway through this weekend's event (3 giftbox items and the white tied top). Oh well, I will be chasing down the number one spot from the bottom of the E-List on my new device. Happy weekend everyone!

I'm sorry that you're having to restart again. I wish that Glu would "fix" this issue. It's not right to allow their customers to deal with this issue again and again.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • Options
    OK now I'm sorry this has me angry inside. The phrase for this is 'bait and switch.'

I bought not one but THREE 40 K star boxes, because it said I could win one of this week's 40 K star prize box prizes, and that win would increase my payout when I play this weekend's event.

So, I figured there should be at least ONE of said 40 K star prizes in the running, right??

No. I bought THREE boxes, and didn't win any. So I thought, OK, what are the odds, there are one or two of the prizes in here somewhere but I still didn't win any.

Then the prizes were all revealed and there was not ONE of the K star prizes in there to be won. So I had ZERO chance, after I spent 120 K stars (technically 80 I guess, since I won 40 K stars as one of the prizes.)

How is that fair???

jzKprPP.png
  • Options
    Polka Dot - I saw your post about this in the suggestion thread but I think you explained it better here. Plus that image really is worth a thousand words. I know Glu prefers that we not include images in that thread but I truly think you shoul post this image on that thread and maybe even contact them directly. you are absolutely dead on with your complaint!
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • Options

I sent you a couple of dresses. Please confirm that you received them.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • Options
    Polka Dot - I saw your post about this in the suggestion thread but I think you explained it better here. Plus that image really is worth a thousand words. I know Glu prefers that we not include images in that thread but I truly think you shoul post this image on that thread and maybe even contact them directly. you are absolutely dead on with your complaint!

Thank you Holly for the reply and suggestions.

I prefer to contain 'sounding off' to the Hookah thread and prefer to phrase it in the form of a 'suggestion' in the suggestion thread. I don't want to step on any toes, but I think this (no 40 K star prizes in the 40 K star prize array) is a problem.

Thank you for the support.
  • Options
    PolkaDot, (wait do you prefer I call you Polka or Dot or PolkaDot :p) that is just insanely unfair! My gift boxes always contain at least 1 item, and I presume that SHOULD be the case. Maybe it glitched out or something, contact Glu?
    PM to add
  • Options
    I'm sorry, but this is still irritating tf out of me...This really is the dumbest logic and B S excuse I've heard from Glu recently.

I know it's only a difference of 2 stars per 3hr gig and 4 per 8hr gig, but those event stars add up. Plus if Glu is going to advertise each item you own will increase the number of event points ... Thank EFFEN do it! Otherwise its false advertising.

So at this point I had the gift box shoes and top and received +1 bonus points ...

PhotoGrid_1437911491920_zps5ukfccya.jpg

But another player had just the pants and received +3 bonus points...
    Dazedmoon wrote: »
    I've been getting 3 bonus stars and I only have the pants from the gift box so far..
    o07xie.jpg

So according to Glu's logic...
    1 pair of pants is worth double the bonus points of the jacket and shoes!!!

The ladies wardrobe all ready has a million pair of black leggings /pants

If anything the jacket should be worth more points than anything. Or at least have each gift box item worth a minimum of 1 bonus point.

This is what I was told in the support thread :
    Hi DMV Doll. Thanks for pointing this out so we can clarify the situation. Glu has informed me this is actually functioning as designed. Some gift box items give more bonuses than others. Week to week sometimes bonuses will go up or down, just like several other minor game statistics (like how much energy it takes to complete jobs, dates, etc. - which is also changed depending on a player's level)

Sorry this wasn't made clear.

Why are there so many variables? I call B S

I'm on level 36 A+++ and max fans ...but here was my response
    DMV_Doll wrote: »
    Thanks for following up with me Koko (and Glu)

It's confusing because on the Gift Box banner it reads

"Each item you own increases the number of event points you are rewarded from getting a 5 star rating on gigs"

It doesn't say "may" or "a chance". It specifically says it will increase with each item.

If I'm only going to get one bonus point for a 3hr gig regardless of how many special event items I own, what's the point of opening more Gift boxes?

PhotoGrid_1437766589088_zpssbzijmqv.jpg

Andriod player
  • Options
    Another perfect example of Glu and their false advertising B S.

Just like the 60 K stars Lucy (I think it was Lucy) paid to open a throwback gift box and "won" a pair of wardrobe shoes that cost $6K Kash.

As well as, someone else paid 40 K stars to open an event gift box and received something that's normally in the daily gift box for free or 10 K stars

I'm sorry this happened to you PolkaDot
    PolkaDot wrote: »
    OK now I'm sorry this has me angry inside. The phrase for this is 'bait and switch.'

I bought not one but THREE 40 K star boxes, because it said I could win one of this week's 40 K star prize box prizes, and that win would increase my payout when I play this weekend's event.

So, I figured there should be at least ONE of said 40 K star prizes in the running, right??

No. I bought THREE boxes, and didn't win any. So I thought, OK, what are the odds, there are one or two of the prizes in here somewhere but I still didn't win any.

Then the prizes were all revealed and there was not ONE of the K star prizes in there to be won. So I had ZERO chance, after I spent 120 K stars (technically 80 I guess, since I won 40 K stars as one of the prizes.)

How is that fair???

jzKprPP.png

Andriod player
  • Options
    Lucy paid 60 Kstars for the throwback box and received a normal wardrobe item?! I opened some for my guy, and I noticed one item I won doesn't have any icon in the tiny box, and its found in the middle of my closet, usually event items are at the top or bottom? But I'm not too sure about guys clothes.

Doesn't the event say "a selection of previous event and giftbox reward items"?

o01W8gU.png
    PM to add
  • Options
    SerendipitySerendipity Registered Users 253 Posts
    I sent you a couple of dresses. Please confirm that you received them.

Thank you so very much!!! I have received them, and I truly appreciate the gifts.
    "Art...a result of the frustration with being normal..."
  • Options
    Yes, exclusive event items should be at the top or bottom.
    Naimonster wrote: »
    Lucy paid 60 Kstars for the throwback box and received a normal wardrobe item?! I opened some for my guy, and I noticed one item I won doesn't have any icon in the tiny box, and its found in the middle of my closet, usually event items are at the top or bottom? But I'm not too sure about guys clothes.

Doesn't the event say "a selection of previous event and giftbox reward items"?

o01W8gU.png

Andriod player
  • Options
    Is it a good reason to contact Glu support. That's not fairrrrrrrr!
    PM to add