Options

Weekend Event 11/06/15 ~ Happy Scorpio/Sagittarian Birthdays

Comments

• Options
    HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    zitrone wrote: »
    It was my birthday yesterday (Friday). Got the hair in a box and now I'm debating buying the red dress... I just don't want to lose the option of being able to watch videos.

Herzlichen Gebürtstag! I bet getting the new hair in your free box felt like a birthday present!
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • Options
    HoneyRavenHoneyRaven Registered Users 145 Posts
    I broke my date with Kris for Kim's gig too, haven't done it yet. This has been a rough week for Kris! She turned 60 (no acknowledgement in KKH?) and some weasels from a competing game developer slapped her with a lawsuit on November 5. If buying her the $900 necklace will brighten her day, I'm all for it.

I love the story about the lawsuit. It's going to be easy enough for her to counter back with the similarity to Stardom, and how that was modified to become KKH - unless they are going to claim that Kris had that created first to cover her tracks. What a load of ****
    ~ You have your whole life to be old, but you only have a few years to be young ~
  • Options
    zitronezitrone Registered Users 194 Posts
    HollySisk wrote: »
    Herzlichen Gebürtstag! I bet getting the new hair in your free box felt like a birthday present!

Danke! Thanks everyone for the wishes!

It did, lol. I don't usually have the best luck with the boxes. Now, should I get the red dress *rubs hands together*?
  • Options
    bladeoobladeoo Registered Users 315 Posts
    Anyone else's achievements messing up? I contacted Glu, they gave me 15 K stars for my trouble but all they said is I probably don't have enough space on my phone or memory. I have plenty of room. Still messing up!
    You can call me SONIA
    GC name is snowrice
    KKH Doll is Trixie
    K&K Doll is Lexie
    :cool:
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    I'm almost crying right now! Not sure where to post this, but I hope someone can help me or tell me where to get help. Right after i finished a gig I leveled up and now I don't get any calls from Simon about side-gigs. The only goal I have is the Secret Show, but itsn't available before in 15 hours. Tried to go on a date and visit his office, but he still won't offer me any gigs. It's extremely frustrating, especially since it's a VIP-event and I need to earn a bunch stars :(((

Hi. I have to agree. Go everywhere looking for an open gig about to start. I went here for Glu suggestions, and found this:

Simon/Maria aren't calling.

Simon may stop calling if he has already assigned you a non-quest related project. You should have a project listed in your To-Do List (left side of screen), and there should be an open studio location waiting for you.

If you are not receiving calls, please be sure to be connected to a reliable WiFi connection, and also check all of the restaurants and studios in game. Sometimes if you accept an offer from Simon while in the middle of completing another task, you may have forgotten about the job you accepted from Simon already. The job won't show in your task list if it wasn't part of the main story-line, but it will delay calls until it is completed. Please be sure you don't have any open jobs and check your connection again.

Hope this helps, Everytime this happens to me, it's a case of just tracking it down, looking everywhere, and finding the open job.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    Well my doll bought the necklace as a gift that Kris wanted. Hey at least it's the thought that counts.

Screenshot_2015_11_08_01_44_54_1.png
    how to take a screen shot
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    TwiztidroseTwiztidrose Registered Users 423 Posts
    PolkaDot wrote: »
    I never thought about it either and never seemed to finish the events on time...

I believe the weekend events begin at about 2 AM? Someone can correct me. I usually check in on it later and since the Daylight Savings change I'm not as sure.

Wearing that weekend's golden prize box items also helps quite a bit to reach the end of the earnable prizes. I wish they would make it easier, but I've only had luck if I begin pretty much when it begins, and wear the winnables.

Yeah, starts at 2am Friday for me in California (Pacific Time).
    Liv Moore is my KKH doll.
    Trixie is my K&K doll. Add me!
    Shoot me a request on Game Center: TwiztidRose
    Let's be friends!! :cool: :D
  • Options
    xxTrinePrincessxxxxTrinePrincessxx Registered Users 157 Posts
    Thank you for everyones help! Nothing worked, but when I woke up this morning he suddenly called :D
    GC: trineaitken :o 19 year old girl from Norway
  • Options
    kateliciouslykateliciously Registered Users 422 Posts
    Thank you for everyones help! Nothing worked, but when I woke up this morning he suddenly called :D
    Yay! That's awesome :)
  • Options
    zitronezitrone Registered Users 194 Posts
    And I bought the red dress. I still can watch my free videos, thankfully.
  • Options
    ChicCharlotteChicCharlotte Registered Users 571 Posts
    HoneyRaven wrote: »
    I love the story about the lawsuit. It's going to be easy enough for her to counter back with the similarity to Stardom, and how that was modified to become KKH - unless they are going to claim that Kris had that created first to cover her tracks. What a load of ****

Yep, yep, yep! Agreed. I am sure Kris and kompany (haha) will be just fine. I think anytime someone has a HUGE success like this, someone inevitably comes out of the woodwork to try to get their hands on a little part of it.
    Began an iOS game and need friends!
    Also deleted old Facebook account. Please refriend me if you play iOS.
    https://facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009525168362
  • Options
    CatherineBayCatherineBay Registered Users 372 Posts
    I had to have the hair. Had to. I LOVE the Old Hollywood look. But I have to say I have never gotten more disappointing boxes in my life. The first three I opened (and I only do one per set and always choose the same box) I got the Kash each go. One set had absolutely no items. So then I did three more. The 50 energy each time. Yet again one set out of the three had no weekends items. Two more tries and I got the 40 K stars both time. Finally got the jumpsuit. Then 40 Kstars again. Then the shoes. Kash again. The hair had been in the same box twice in a row so I thought there is no way it could be three times. It was. Dumbly chose the box it kept being in and lo and behold there it was in my go-to box.

At this point I had a GC friend request pop up. A newbie. I tend to love gifting newbies. Alas little miss e-list was the first I have ever declined bc in the personal message area she wrote "Plz gift high level Kstar items only." Back to the chase I went. I decided to only open one more box. In my mind I was ranting about Glu. How this was my last box ever. I'd never again open another box other than the free one. Vowed to never spend another dime. I'd have principals blah blah blah. And there it was : $4,000 Kash. Needless to say 5 minutes later I put down the iPad and exited the room with my head held high. You know because principals. Oh and because I was really happy to have opened three more boxes and won the hair.

Basically when it comes to KKH principals I turn right into Blanche Devereaux. All the Golden Girls fans out there will get this joke "As God is my witness I will never pay Kstars for a box again.....unless it is hair....a VIP weekend.... or really really cute.Amen."
  • Options
    Oh Catherine.... Many of us have chased after the Weekend Event hair, spending hundreds of K stars. Some end up empty handed. KatieBear spent 470 k stars on boxes this weekend and did not win a single weekend event item. YIKES!
    I know it hurts to spend so many K stars but at least you got the hair and jumpsuit; both are fantastic!
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • Options
    bladeoobladeoo Registered Users 315 Posts
    I had to have the hair. Had to. I LOVE the Old Hollywood look. But I have to say I have never gotten more disappointing boxes in my life. The first three I opened (and I only do one per set and always choose the same box) I got the Kash each go. One set had absolutely no items. So then I did three more. The 50 energy each time. Yet again one set out of the three had no weekends items. Two more tries and I got the 40 K stars both time. Finally got the jumpsuit. Then 40 Kstars again. Then the shoes. Kash again. The hair had been in the same box twice in a row so I thought there is no way it could be three times. It was. Dumbly chose the box it kept being in and lo and behold there it was in my go-to box.

At this point I had a GC friend request pop up. A newbie. I tend to love gifting newbies. Alas little miss e-list was the first I have ever declined bc in the personal message area she wrote "Plz gift high level Kstar items only." Back to the chase I went. I decided to only open one more box. In my mind I was ranting about Glu. How this was my last box ever. I'd never again open another box other than the free one. Vowed to never spend another dime. I'd have principals blah blah blah. And there it was : $4,000 Kash. Needless to say 5 minutes later I put down the iPad and exited the room with my head held high. You know because principals. Oh and because I was really happy to have opened three more boxes and won the hair.

Basically when it comes to KKH principals I turn right into Blanche Devereaux. All the Golden Girls fans out there will get this joke "As God is my witness I will never pay Kstars for a box again.....unless it is hair....a VIP weekend.... or really really cute.Amen."

I was over here rooting for you and your principles till I got to the end lol. That made my night
    You can call me SONIA
    GC name is snowrice
    KKH Doll is Trixie
    K&K Doll is Lexie
    :cool:
  • Options
    AliBryantAliBryant Registered Users 6,169 Posts
    Head's up gigs are still giving a k star even though the event is over! I just cranked out three more :D
    iOS
  • Options
    KatinkaeKatinkae Registered Users 845 Posts
    ^ YES! Mee tooooo, im grinding a little more this morning then
    Player since day 1 🤩 iOS 🇳🇴

📢 ‼️ let us exchange things in our closet we dont like into k stars/diamonds
  • Options
    PolkaDotPolkaDot Registered Users 1,226 Posts
    Chanrin wrote: »
    I know right ? And it's not the first time I notice that the relationship between Kim and our doll is less a friendship and more of an 'IOU' ... and that Glu makes a point of making us know that. Oh well... I guess it's all part of an agreement...

Anyone didn't pay for the necklace ? What was Kim or Kris ' reaction ?

LOL right, and well said too.

Not only reminding us of 'our place in things' as those who pay...but...also more than once the game has had a storyline with rivalry between Kim and her mother.

Ray Powers had this to say about my turning down Kris for Kim's sake (except I didn't know I was doing that!!):

NQnSAm2.png

I chose "It's complicated," after which Ray Powers said "Well you can count on Kris not sending you any more jobs." What?!

Why is the game playing with our heads that way. It was not even clear we were replacing the first gig with the second gig...I thought I said yes to TWO SEPARATE gigs.

Pfft, oh well!
  • Options
    CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    Not getting k-stars anymore :rolleyes:
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
  • Options
    AliBryantAliBryant Registered Users 6,169 Posts
    Word on Facebook is that this weekend is a Show Your Style voting event! I REALLY hope we can win more Karl clothes! The official page posted this pic today, new outfit on the left!:

12239616_739970889441960_8662976157264878364_n.jpg?oh=d2dc7fd85dfdef706627b93f0c1c1d97&oe=56AC9281
    iOS
  • Options
    Too bad they'll fix the glitch where some of us received multiple payouts. Lol.

I am slammed this weekend so I'm worried about being able to earn all the items.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • Options
    Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    HollySisk wrote: »
    Too bad they'll fix the glitch where some of us received multiple payouts. Lol.

I am slammed this weekend so I'm worried about being able to earn all the items.

Hopefully the points are halved like the last one since even participating gets you points and earning the outfit was fun/easier to do because of the circumstances of the event.
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
  • Options
    AliBryant wrote: »
    Word on Facebook is that this weekend is a Show Your Style voting event! I REALLY hope we can win more Karl clothes! The official page posted this pic today, new outfit on the left!:

12239616_739970889441960_8662976157264878364_n.jpg?oh=d2dc7fd85dfdef706627b93f0c1c1d97&oe=56AC9281

I hope that this voting event is better than the last one that we had. The New York City Fashion week didn't go so well for me. I think that I may be ready...I'm gonna make sure that I stepped my game up for this one.
    Daily Android KKH player

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    PolkaDotPolkaDot Registered Users 1,226 Posts
    I hope that this voting event is better than the last one that we had. The New York Fashion week didn't go so well for me. I think that I may be ready...I'm gonna make sure that I stepped my game up for this one.

I found that what worked best were the safer choices. And something luxe won over something everyday. That's what I found in MY case, it does not mean it is an empirical truth. Not saying it is :)

The time when I tried one of MY own favorite outfits, that I think is really different...bleh. It lost.
  • Options
    PolkaDot wrote: »
    I found that what worked best were the safer choices. And something luxe won over something everyday. That's what I found in MY case, it does not mean it is an empirical truth. Not saying it is :)

The time when I tried one of MY own favorite outfits, that I think is really different...bleh. It lost.

Then what's the point of a fashion voting events if we can't be creative when we're dressing up our dolls? When I won & lost for some of my doll's outfits, the anonymous voters were basically critiquing my originality when it comes to dressing up my doll. It's kinda boring for me to play it safe when it comes to fashion. I rather take risks when I'm dressing up my doll because it makes fashion more interesting.
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

• Options
    Exactly how does the voting event work? The first one was during my two weeks of being wrongly flagged so I missed out. But I do seem to remember that the weekend thread was reallllllly long so it must have been fun!
  • Options
    Exactly how does the voting event work? The first one was during my two weeks of being wrongly flagged so I missed out. But I do seem to remember that the weekend thread was reallllllly long so it must have been fun!

You have to basically dress up your doll in several different outfits and then submit your looks every four hours in order for the voters to vote. It was less stressful and you didn't need to grind at all. All of the earnables items were worth 250 points. If you lost for some of the outfits, you get 10 points. If you won for some of your outfits, you earned 20 points.

I think that everyone enjoyed that event except for me haha

I don't know...I just couldn't relate to the fashion theme city luxury looks as a New Yorker. So that fashion event was a hit & a miss for me.
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

• Options
    Thanks Carol!
  • Options
    Thanks Carol!

No problem. I'm glad that I can help.
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

• Options
    kateliciouslykateliciously Registered Users 422 Posts
    So excited. I just hope that the event gigs aren't as bad as last week. :/

I really liked the voting event last time. I just have to set my alarm every four hours (not at night) and relax.
  • Options
    KatinkaeKatinkae Registered Users 845 Posts
    Omg! In finally number 1, and think I want to go for a comeback! Which one is the best to do?... Fashion, love, money??
    Player since day 1 🤩 iOS 🇳🇴

📢 ‼️ let us exchange things in our closet we dont like into k stars/diamonds
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.