Options

Weekend Event 11/13/15 ~ Fashion Voting: Deja Vu Friday the 13th

Comments

• Options
    KatePillgrimKatePillgrim Registered Users 884 Posts

And Kate, can I ask where you found that? I want to add it to my resources. :)

Sorry I posted it so fast! Got too excited to wait... Hope it's okay. :)

This was posted in a KKH fan group on a Russian social media website which is pretty much Russian/Ukranian/Belarusian/etc analog of Facebook. I can PM you the link to it if you like, but the group is closed so I'm afraid you will have troubles accessing it :( Not to mention that everything is writen in Cyrillic which can make your eyes hurt if you are not used to it :D But don't worry, you can rely on me: I will always share anything useful that I can find there with you guys ASAP.
    My name is Kate. Playing since 2014 *whew*
    I want to be your in-game friend! Please add me on Facebook:

• Options
    HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    Kate - I hope someone posts the guys stuff on that site of yours soon. I'm hoping they finally get Lagerfeld items!

Thanks again for sharing!
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • Options
    HollySisk wrote: »
    Kate - I hope someone posts the guys stuff on that site of yours soon. I'm hoping they finally get Lagerfeld items!

Thanks again for sharing!

I hope so too! You are very welcome! :o

• Options
    AmyTAmyT Registered Users 1,164 Posts
    Thanks for sharing Kate :):) I miss the teasers we used to get!

I'm confused about the 'Karl Likes' part... Sorry if I'm being dumb but if we submit a look, we would get a vote from another player if they themselves like the look. The voter won't necessarily think "oh, Karl Lagerfeld would personally love that look, so I'll vote for that..."

I love the KL items in the wardrobe (I've bought 3 outfits), don't get me wrong, I'm excited for this event - I loved it last time and the clothes Kate just posted are fab - but does anyone know what I mean?
    Top 20 +++
    My doll's name is Madison :)
    (~~ one cat short of crazy! ~~)

iOS player ~~ GC AmyTMadison
    Pm me if you'd like to add Madison on Facebook :)

#fangsforNai
  • Options
    AmyTAmyT Registered Users 1,164 Posts
    Sorry to be a downer! Am I thinking too much into it? Maybe I should just enjoy the event and be thankful it's not another VIP :)
    Top 20 +++
    My doll's name is Madison :)
    (~~ one cat short of crazy! ~~)

iOS player ~~ GC AmyTMadison
    Pm me if you'd like to add Madison on Facebook :)

#fangsforNai
  • Options
    MommyTo3MunchkinsMommyTo3Munchkins Registered Users 341 Posts
    AmyT wrote: »
    Thanks for sharing Kate :):) I miss the teasers we used to get!

I'm confused about the 'Karl Likes' part... Sorry if I'm being dumb but if we submit a look, we would get a vote from another player if they themselves like the look. The voter won't necessarily think "oh, Karl Lagerfeld would personally love that look, so I'll vote for that..."

I love the KL items in the wardrobe (I've bought 3 outfits), don't get me wrong, I'm excited for this event - I loved it last time and the clothes Kate just posted are fab - but does anyone know what I mean?

I think Glu is trying to give us guidelines on how to dress our dolls, but in the end, it is just going to be personal preference for each voter. I do understand though.

~Melissa~
    GC: MommyTo3Munchkins

• Options
    The person who posted these screenshots and promised to post guys' prizes if it's possible went offline, so I'm sorry :(

• Options
    bladeoobladeoo Registered Users 315 Posts
    Do you want me to post tomorrow's event prizes? Someone got the event by messing with their phone.
    Uh, YESSSSSSSSSSSS
    You can call me SONIA
    GC name is snowrice
    KKH Doll is Trixie
    K&K Doll is Lexie
    :cool:
  • Options
    trevoractortrevoractor Registered Users 1,114 Posts
    lol now I really wan to see the guy's items.. I like the girls items so hopefully the guy's get something nice too.
    A+++ Lister // GameCenter: TrevorActor :cool:
  • Options
    bladeoobladeoo Registered Users 315 Posts
    What was the other way of earning points towards the prizes the last time we had the voting event? Was it by doing house parties? I remember getting them a different way too
    You can call me SONIA
    GC name is snowrice
    KKH Doll is Trixie
    K&K Doll is Lexie
    :cool:
  • Options
    CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    11 hours, ugh! We won't get Karl's Kollection that's for sure. Maybe the klothes he wears... Like sunglasses, high-collared shirts with jackets, ponytails? Oh I'd love a pair of leather gloves!
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
  • Options
    QueenCookieQueenCookie Registered Users 356 Posts
    I found this on Instagram

2u93dae.jpg
    2upu4pl.jpg
    Sophie
  • Options
    IlanawexlerIlanawexler Registered Users 130 Posts
    I was hoping the second outfit was the earnable one.
  • Options
    CherreyCherrey Registered Users 1,496 Posts
    The earnable outfit is ok. The gift box outfit is better. Like usual.
  • Options
    Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    I found this on Instagram

2u93dae.jpg
    2upu4pl.jpg

Whoa so does that mean that I have to dress up my doll in only Karl Lagerfeld clothing⁉ I only bought two pieces of clothing for my doll inside of her closet since that's all I could afford during the last V.I.P weekend event.

I'm not even sure if this fashion voting event is gonna go by smoothly for me.😕
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    bladeoo wrote: »
    What was the other way of earning points towards the prizes the last time we had the voting event? Was it by doing house parties? I remember getting them a different way too

I don't remember any other way to earn points during the Vote.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • Options
    Charli wrote: »
    11 hours, ugh! We won't get Karl's Kollection that's for sure. Maybe the klothes he wears... Like sunglasses, high-collared shirts with jackets, ponytails? Oh I'd love a pair of leather gloves!

I would LOVE for the ladies to earn leather gloves. That would be a nice new accessory. I'm so tired of lame sunglasses.

I really think the guys will receive Karl's Kollection clothes. Thinking positive! :-)

Wouldn't it have been awesome if they added white to the hair colors as a tribute to Karl!!?!!!
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • Options
    trevoractortrevoractor Registered Users 1,114 Posts
    SPOILER ALERT

Well I got too excited so I'm posting them. Someone from Russian fandom worked their magic on their iPhone settings and voilà:

28a0y02.jpg
    2vhvzvd.jpg

Sorry if you wanted to avoid spoilers and I spoiled it for you

Lol too bad no one can ever post these for the guy's. I'm sure we're going to have ugly closes tho as we have for the past like 4 weeks. (Besides the Grease Halloween hair) This is making me want a girl game but I probably would go broke since girls seem to get new offers that cost real money almost once a week.
    A+++ Lister // GameCenter: TrevorActor :cool:
  • Options
    Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts

And, if you'd like any hints for inspiration, some things Karl likes can be found here: http://www.karl.com/category/karl-likes/

Thanks for the link Koko. I bookmarked on my device. I'm gonna make sure to check it out.
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Sorry I posted it so fast! Got too excited to wait... Hope it's okay. :)

This was posted in a KKH fan group on a Russian social media website which is pretty much Russian/Ukranian/Belarusian/etc analog of Facebook. I can PM you the link to it if you like, but the group is closed so I'm afraid you will have troubles accessing it :( Not to mention that everything is writen in Cyrillic which can make your eyes hurt if you are not used to it :D But don't worry, you can rely on me: I will always share anything useful that I can find there with you guys ASAP.

Oh no, I didn't have the images. I was just coming over with the description of the event, and the link to Karl's likes. I'm hoping we can parlay this Russian discovery, to the return of our own, legit teasers. (Wheels are always turning dolls. supacool_zpsypo7gnso.gif
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Stardust1Stardust1 Registered Users 764 Posts
    Mmmm...the last voting event was not available for facebook...meaning this weekend will probably be a only Garrett weekend maybe. We really need some clothes for the guys, I mean, the need to repis the eye damage after such horrible things we had to see for the past few weekends. The clothes for the girls are cute and the are KL no matter if it is a doll on my tablet screen...WE are wearing KL!!!.
    Xime level 30
    Let's be KKH friends!
    XIME and JAX got married! See them in their celebration Here
  • Options
    darinSUEdarinSUE Registered Users 108 Posts
    Not sure about it, so we must wear only KL to join this event? Like dress, shoes and accessories? What if I'll wear a bag only?
    G C : d a r i n S U E
    ≈ Foreign native language, please correct me everytime you can!
  • Options
    AliBryantAliBryant Registered Users 6,169 Posts
    darinSUE wrote: »
    Not sure about it, so we must wear only KL to join this event? Like dress, shoes and accessories? What if I'll wear a bag only?

The theme doesn't really matter. People can and will vote for whichever outfit they like best of the two presented. I'm not going to vote for someone just because they are wearing Karl, if the other outfit looks better. Last time I just put on my gowns from the Christmas event and such and I never even lost a round.
    iOS
  • Options
    darinSUEdarinSUE Registered Users 108 Posts
    AliBryant wrote: »
    The theme doesn't really matter. People can and will vote for whichever outfit they like best of the two presented. I'm not going to vote for someone just because they are wearing Karl, if the other outfit looks better. Last time I just put on my gowns from the Christmas event and such and I never even lost a round.

Thank you so much for the explanation! But I'm done as well I think, being a level 17 for an event like that is pretty hard... Suggestions? :(
    G C : d a r i n S U E
    ≈ Foreign native language, please correct me everytime you can!
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    I agree about the guidelines, and open for interpretation. I don't think the majority of people voting are going to read beyond the 'submit a look' and want to vote? Theme? THey doh need no stinkin themes. :) Just have fun, and someone remember to start the coffee when you guys come in in the morning. :) I should be up early to open the fashion thread and start with a submission at 5 am. ;)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Nisha300Nisha300 Registered Users 347 Posts
    The earnable outfit is blah to me but I'm dying for the giftbox shirt and skirt but I'm on a strict no kstar spending rule until black Friday :( I'm still gonna submit looks tho the fashion voting is such a fun event for me
  • Options
    KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    Thanks for the teasers!

Also, last time the idea was a city look, but you saw plenty of people in ballgowns and such. It took me awhile but I finally realized the more unique your look, the better. Last time the grey shirt had just been released and some people were down voting it just cause they were tired of it which unfortunately for me really hurt the first day. I created a few new outfits using the full outfit (the shirt and shorts looks or the prize bikini from the Summer), putting on the really long Halloween boots from last year which changes the shorts into the white long skirt and then voila, putting the black mini skirt on.

3011oa1.jpg

These are the Halloween boots:

tumblr_inline_ndz51qtmgs1s96eki.png

^found this pic googling, if it's anyone's around here thanks
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • Options
    stephk11stephk11 Registered Users 139 Posts
    HollySisk wrote: »
    I really think the guys will receive Karl's Kollection clothes. Thinking positive! :-)

The preview pic shows the 4 Karl clothing items, and it states, "Receive these special items and more from pink gift boxes." The "and more" is open to interpretation at the moment. Hopefully, it means "and more Karl items," and not, "and more $4k Kash, more blah pants," etc.
  • Options
    I love learning new tricks. Thanks Kayla!

C02F5789-976F-40BA-876D-EF701C937D05_zpsw6rhwuon.jpg
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Nice, thanks kayla! I guess it only works when the bottoms are skirt.

37rNTP9.jpg
    PM to add