Options

~ Apropos of Nuthin'

Comments

• Options
    TwiztidroseTwiztidrose Registered Users 423 Posts
    I'm so glad to hear you're safe Chanrin. I did not realize we had any members that lived in Paris. It's all so terrifying, I'm keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers.

This just seems stupid now, but....
    I just came in to rant about Valerie on GH. I want to strangle her. She needs to stay the HELL away from Dante!!
    Liv Moore is my KKH doll.
    Trixie is my K&K doll. Add me!
    Shoot me a request on Game Center: TwiztidRose
    Let's be friends!! :cool: :D
  • Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Anyone playing Katy Perry Pop?
    PM to add
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Katy Perry who? I want Britney Spears game lol

I wonder if they will open new forums and if those forums will be as cool as ours!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    AmyTAmyT Registered Users 1,164 Posts
    Hey guys :) so is anyone into The Hunger Games movies??

I'm off to see Mockingjay Part 2 at the cinema on Monday evening after work. I love these movies and can't wait to see the final one. It's actually a date I'm going on! Lol I've been flirting with this guy for a while who I know through a workmate. He text me earlier asking if I wanted to go see a movie and I called him back and said yes haha.

Has anyone seen it yet? I hope it's good because I'm super excited :)

It's a first date so I'm sceptical and don't want to share this on FB so thought I'd let you guys know instead :)
    Top 20 +++
    My doll's name is Madison :)
    (~~ one cat short of crazy! ~~)

iOS player ~~ GC AmyTMadison
    Pm me if you'd like to add Madison on Facebook :)

#fangsforNai
  • Options
    LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    I almost played hooky today to go see it, but I want to go on a date with my hubby, so I'll wait. I love that franchise too. I was reading those books during my first pregnancy, and they helped to distract me because I was frankly terrified about the prospect of labor and parenting. Yay, Hunger Games!

I hope your date is a wonderful experience and that this guy is worthy of you! Man, did I go on some stupid dates before finding my guy! Have a fantastic evening!
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19

• Options
    Thanks, Luz! I've read the books also but I can't wait to see the story on the big screen. The only bad thing about seeing a movie after reading the book version is that it can spoil the vision you've already created in your head of characters etc!

I'll see what happens, it's the first date I've been on since my ex, we were engaged for 5 years lol but it obviously didn't end in a wedding :( we just became more friends than bf and gf. However we still speak a lot and I'll always see him as a friend :) I've loved being single but I reckon I've waited long enough and it's time to get back in the game lol :)
    Top 20 +++

#fangsforNai
  • Options
    It does get tricky with long relationships! I was with my guy for eight years before he proposed, but then we married within a few months, and had our kids pretty quickly afterwards! I came from a miserable divorced home, and it was traumatizing, so I was in no hurry to commit, and often got into dysfunctional relationships with j**ks as a result. I think my husband couldn't even tell if I really wanted to marry, but it was the right thing for us, and I'm so grateful for the way things turned out.

I worried too much about making decisions and stuff, but I'm learning to chill and just let life come as it will. It sounds like you have a good, realistic attitude about dating, and it speaks well of you that you're still buds with your ex.

Tell us how you like the movie later!

• Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,114 Posts
    Forget the movie. I know that's going to be great. I want to hear all about the date later. I don't remember what a date is like. So I'll live vicariously through you. ;) Have a great time.

And Luz, you're not driving down alone are you? I'm glad the girls and you will be there.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Yes I love all the Hunger Games movies! Never read the book, not a book person.

Omg first dates are sooooooo exciting yet nerve-wrecking at the same time. You wanna dress nice, but you don't wanna look like you put in too much effort. I love being single too, I love the freedom. All the best in your new journey, Amy!

Thanks for sharing with us firsthand!
    PM to add
  • Options
    SassyVoguetteSassyVoguette Registered Users 1,510 Posts
    Amy, good luck on your date :) I hope it turns out great :) I've never been on an actual first date, my boyfriends (all two of them lol) were first my friends and then became smth more lol
    And I like Hunger Games a lot, but my bf adores it lol

Btw long relationships really suck lol I'm together with my bf for almost 10 years, we live together for 5 years, but no rings still.. We live alone with our cat, both of us away from our family, so we are a family on our own and at this point that signature doesn't really matter. We aren't planning any babies soon so I don't see point in marrying lol I know I'm strange, but I'm not sure if I wanna marry.. I'm stuck in a cycle, my career has always been my top priority. And maybe because I left home at 18, I've been alone in a big city for too long, and I needed to focus on my career so I can actually stay in this big city, so everything is messed up now. I need to find balance in my life, and I need to find it soon lol
    Vats has my heart. Forever. 💕

iOS
    07/2014 
  • Options
    TwiztidroseTwiztidrose Registered Users 423 Posts
    Finally giving my Xbox One some long needed love! Playing the new Fallout 4, which is awesome so far!! Now I'm having a hard time being torn between wanting to play KKH and Fallout haha! Especially with this event, I want that hair and shirt for my new doll at least!!
    Liv Moore is my KKH doll.
    Trixie is my K&K doll. Add me!
    Shoot me a request on Game Center: TwiztidRose
    Let's be friends!! :cool: :D
  • Options
    Oh god, I'm so behind with the event :( I've had loads of work to catch up on this weekend so I've left my phone in the other room so I wouldn't be tempted to go in Kkh. I haven't even logged in here since Friday evening! Now I'm not even sure I'll get the whole outfit. But I'll try! I have the hair and scarf so far.

Thanks you guys for your nice words! I'm a little nervous! I'll let you know how it goes.

You're right, Luz, I do have a realistic attitude when it comes to dating. I think it's because while I had a happy childhood, my mum also married 3 times. I have like 3 dads; my biological dad, my 1st stepdad (who I'm closest to) and my mum's 3rd husband! Coming from that type of home, it doesn't exactly turn you into a romantic person!

Sassy, wow you've been with your boyfriend ages!! It's lovely that you seem to be best friends too. The best relationships always start with friendship, imo.

I feel better that I've caught up on my work, my weekend Kkh addiction has taken priority the last few weeks! I haven't even read most of the weekend party thread.

Ok, time to try and tackle this event! Madison will not be happy if she misses out on that last item! Hope everyone has had a good weekend and managed to get all the items they wanted :)
    Top 20 +++

#fangsforNai
  • Options
    BobbieMBobbieM Registered Users 789 Posts
    Btw long relationships really suck lol I'm together with my bf for almost 10 years, we live together for 5 years, but no rings still.. We live alone with our cat, both of us away from our family, so we are a family on our own and at this point that signature doesn't really matter. We aren't planning any babies soon so I don't see point in marrying lol I know I'm strange, but I'm not sure if I wanna marry.. I'm stuck in a cycle, my career has always been my top priority. And maybe because I left home at 18, I've been alone in a big city for too long, and I needed to focus on my career so I can actually stay in this big city, so everything is messed up now. I need to find balance in my life, and I need to find it soon lol

Sassy, it's okay to take a long time in a relationship, especially when you are working on your career. It's nice to have a solid career and relationship before bringing a child into the world (IF you chose that route). Even if it's just a marriage, having a solid foundation of careers and what not is great. Also my husband and I are high school sweethearts. We dated for 3 years and had an unexpected (but a huge BLESSING) pregnancy. So when she was 2 years old we married. We were friends 3 years before we started dating. So after 8 years we had a nice solid friendship, which made things so much easier! Literally we've have many friends marry and divorce in the same time that my husband and I have been married. A solid foundation and friendship is a GOOD thing!
    AmyT wrote: »
    I haven't even read most of the weekend party thread. Ok, time to try and tackle this event!
    Yup!! Back to the event to try and grab the last of the items I want/need!

I hope y'all get everything you wanted and finished the event!!
    Brooklyn (GC is Bobbie629) • A+++ Player!
    • Married to Jackson White (GC is MomBLuz6) • Comeback #1
    • Daily player for Kim Kardashian Hollywood
    • iOS Player Only • Mommy to Baby Annabelle & Elijah!
    Please excuse the type-o's.. I'm on my phone and it doesn't like to write what I'm typing!
  • Options
    PolkaDotPolkaDot Registered Users 1,226 Posts
    Level Up! Woot-woot.

Level 32 finally!

DWmd9us.png

Thankfully, had just zeroed out on energy bolts for a gig. I've had leveling up wipe out the existing bolts even if I had just purchased some...or have leveled up just after logging in, when bolts are already at 34. So that was nice. Unfortunately I had nowhere to go to use them up. Lol. Oh well.

I liked the new things in the wardrobe and splurged on a black 'choker' necklace. It suited the new event clothing.

ADq7UN0.png
  • Options
    Congrats Dot! I like how your doll is practically flailing her arms!

It does feel great to see that energy bar refilled. Glu should make energy pile on regardless of its source.
    PM to add
  • Options
    BobbieM wrote: »
    Sassy, it's okay to take a long time in a relationship, especially when you are working on your career. It's nice to have a solid career and relationship before bringing a child into the world (IF you chose that route). Even if it's just a marriage, having a solid foundation of careers and what not is great. Also my husband and I are high school sweethearts. We dated for 3 years and had an unexpected (but a huge BLESSING) pregnancy. So when she was 2 years old we married. We were friends 3 years before we started dating. So after 8 years we had a nice solid friendship, which made things so much easier! Literally we've have many friends marry and divorce in the same time that my husband and I have been married. A solid foundation and friendship is a GOOD thing!

Yes, that's what I think too. I can't have baby now, we aren't financially stable enough for that. And I think I'm still young, I'm 27 lol
    I still haven't felt it, like "ok, now's the moment, I'm ready to change my life completely." I like the way we are, we are best friends, we love each other, we have plans for the future and the most important fact for me - we live like a family for 5 years. Maybe this mixed feelings and thoughts is because two of my besties married this year and there's this pressure from society, friends, parents ugggh lol and of course it's been years and years, I grew up with him, we've had our ups and downs, break ups - I feel like I've been married my whole life lol

iOS
    07/2014 
  • Options
    PolkaDotPolkaDot Registered Users 1,226 Posts
    Naimonster wrote: »
    Congrats Dot! I like how your doll is practically flailing her arms!

It does feel great to see that energy bar refilled. Glu should make energy pile on regardless of its source.

Haha! Yes, she was pretty excited. It seemed like forever, since the last Level Up!

I agree, the energy should always stack up. I would love to be able to stack energy up ahead of time, too, so I didn't have to do gigs the same way each time...deplete, world tour, deplete, scavenge.
  • Options
    Hey! So I'm home from my date. The guy is ok, my 2 strawberry mojitos were good and the movie was brilliant :)

I'm now off to have my second date of the night (a virtual one with my Kkh husband!) then I'm off to sleep :)

Hope you're all well. 4 days until Black Friday weekend..! :)
    Top 20 +++

#fangsforNai
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,114 Posts
    Congratulations on leveling up. They get so much longer between levels the higher up you go. It's really so exciting when it all just pours down. :)

Amy sounds like you had a good time. Where there sparks, or too soon to tell?
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Hey Koko :) I had a good time, thanks! He's funny and has a good sense of humour, which is always a quality I look for as I love to laugh. He's sort of my type looks wise too. It's definitely early days but we're going to meet up again soon :)
    Top 20 +++

#fangsforNai
  • Options
    Amy, I love you avatar pic. We are twinning! :cool:

Btw, I'm glad the date went well :o

iOS
    07/2014 
  • Options
    Amy, I love you avatar pic. We are twinning! :cool:

Btw, I'm glad the date went well :o

I was hoping it would be cool to follow your lead with the pic :)

I reckon you're more alike with your doll! I have a spray tan in that photo and I think I'm being over generous to myself when it comes to my avatar lol! My mum is half Catalan, half Irish and I've always been jealous of my sister who totally has my mum's skin tone! My dad's side of the family are Scottish, so that combined with Irish pale skin, I've gotten spray tans or used tanning salons for years and my sister has never had that need! LOL!

I kustomised my doll as as better version of myself with no imperfections haha :)

Oh, and thanks! I think we might meet up again sometime at the weekend, maybe Saturday :)
    Top 20 +++

#fangsforNai
  • Options
    Hi Koko! Just thought I'd answer you in Apropos, but yes, we're on the island now! We had a brilliant, traffic-free drive down today, leaving first thing this morning. We made it to the Ferry in record time. Apparently, Boston peeps have begun skipping out on Tuesday night, lately. We couldn't leave last night because of hubby's work commitments.

But anyways, we're in the The Three Villages now, and it's been gorgeous all day. We ran around like lunatics with our babies and their cousin in a local park, and then had a fabu dinner in a diner. Enormous portions, and super-sour pickles.

Off topic, I almost feel bad, but I don't think I like anything except the gift box hair for this event! What's wrong with me?

Oops, gotta go cuz it's my man's birthday and we're having chocolate truffles!

Hope you're having a brilliant day, dear Moderita!

• Options
    kateliciouslykateliciously Registered Users 422 Posts
    Anybody checked out the new netflix shoes Marvel's Jessica Jones yet?
  • Options
    Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    I was hoping it would be cool to follow your lead with the pic :)

I kustomised my doll as as better version of myself with no imperfections haha :)

Omg Amy I think you and your doll are twinned for life! Both of you resembles each other.

Sassi avatar pic and yours makes me wanna change mines ASAP haha
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    Omg Amy I think you and your doll are twinned for life! Both of you resembles each other.

Sassi avatar pic and yours makes me wanna change mines ASAP haha

You resemble your doll as well, so... Do it! I wanna see your avatar pic Lol
    Top 20 +++

#fangsforNai
  • Options
    Ok so...

Which online stores are you guys going mad on for Black Friday sale?

I'm browsing VS and dollskill atm.
    PM to add
  • Options
    Naimonster wrote: »
    Ok so...

Which online stores are you guys going mad on for Black Friday sale?

I'm browsing VS and dollskill atm.
    I think I'll do some shopping on asos this weekend. Everything should be20% off. ;)
  • Options
    I think I'll do some shopping on asos this weekend. Everything should be20% off. ;)

Kate, how amazing is Asos?! It's my favourite online shop. I'm definitely going on there later too when I get home. They have the best sales.

I'm also going on this site called Pretty Small Shoes. I only have UK size 2 feet (lol) so I love this site! It can be quite expensive without a sale so I'm dying to see what's on offer.

I suppose I should also begin my Christmas shopping this evening and not spen too much on myself!
    Top 20 +++

#fangsforNai
  • Options
    Kate, how amazing is Asos?! It's my favourite online shop. I'm definitely going on there later too when I get home. They have the best sales.

I'm also going on this site called Pretty Small Shoes. I only have UK size 2 feet (lol) so I love this site! It can be quite expensive without a sale so I'm dying to see what's on offer.

I suppose I should also begin my Christmas shopping this evening and not spen too much on myself!
    So true. I always spend way too much on Asos. ;)

Oh you really have small feet. I hope they have a great offer today. I'm a size 8 UK/41 here. I always like New Look shoes but they never fit. :/