Options

Weekend Event 1/29/16 - We're seeing Stars! Star Signs or...........?

1235Next

Comments

• Options
    KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    I tried the bottom middle boxes and got....cash. on both of them. seriously glu? and you wanna know why i don't spend real money on this game? THAT'S why.

I'm not saying I deserve the hair or the dress every week cause I spent stars on a box, but that's just not even fair to push cash in those. So cheap. Saddest part, there was another cash box too!

PS: Thank you for the tip on the London jobs! Just finished those. Least I got some KStars back!
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • Options
    LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,454 Posts
    isabeau wrote: »

Ah, Koko, you are always so the best. I did finish the three, but thank you so much just the same. I still can't figure out a way to take screen shots with this stupid phone! There's also a top that didn't appear in my closet with the update, and today my fan numbers disappeared--you know, when you finish a project?--along with the option to look at it myself--2nd time this month, but no biggie, I can go in through the feed. Last time it was fixed pretty quick, maybe three days, so....Thank you again!:)

Your fan number disappearing could mean that you are at max level fans. You do get the feed but there are no numbers below.
    I'm at max fan and that number is 650.0 million.
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    BobbieMBobbieM Registered Users 789 Posts
    KaylaJ wrote: »
    I tried the bottom middle boxes and got....cash. on both of them. seriously glu? and you wanna know why i don't spend real money on this game? THAT'S why.

I'm not saying I deserve the hair or the dress every week cause I spent stars on a box, but that's just not even fair to push cash in those. So cheap. Saddest part, there was another cash box too!

PS: Thank you for the tip on the London jobs! Just finished those. Least I got some KStars back!

This is the most frustrating thing for me. I don't think event boxes should contain anything but event items and throwback items from past events you didn't get. That way you win something every time. I have gotten so much of the $350/$700 Kash, 3-5 Energy or 10 K Stars that I cringe when I do splurge on a box!

This NeNe event was weird. I don't know. I'm sure she made some money on it but this could have been just a gig working weekend without NeNe. Personally I would like to see the Kardashian Sisters interact more and/or hold events over NeNe.
    Brooklyn (GC is Bobbie629) • A+++ Player!
    • Married to Jackson White (GC is MomBLuz6) • Comeback #1
    • Daily player for Kim Kardashian Hollywood
    • iOS Player Only • Mommy to Baby Annabelle & Elijah!
    Please excuse the type-o's.. I'm on my phone and it doesn't like to write what I'm typing!
  • Options
    ZoyechkaZoyechka Registered Users 1,187 Posts
    IDAhGQa.jpg

Okay, so I went through the thread and looked up the hair-in-second-or-third-box-probability.

The people who have found/gotten the hair in the second box in the bottom row: Code Red, Carolyn Ferocious, Sassy Voguette.

The people who have found/gotten the hair in the third box in the bottom row (pictured above): Max (me, yay), Koko x 2, Carol Davida, Camila, Nivid, Amilicious.

So I'm not saying you should pick that box absolutely. Cherrey, LindaVB, Ali Bryant, and others have found the hair in different boxes. But if you are absolutely dying for the hair and you want to spend a few more k-stars trying to chase it, what could it hurt? But if you don't get it, don't shoot the messenger! (Please, because I like you all too much.)
    I did as you said and got $4,000 Kcash. So yeah, Glu read your post and changed it all up.
    GC: Zoë Strange
  • Options
    Tarabella08Tarabella08 Registered Users 465 Posts
    Vats wrote: »
    It looks like I'm the only unlucky this weekend. They say money calls money, it makes sense Vats is a millionaire and keep choosing the 4k k$ boxes lol

Just for you information guys, all the tasks of So Chic London are giving event points! So go there and get that money and k-stars, without worrying about having to stop grinding!

I'm sorry you're having bad luck :( but you're soooo not the only one.. I've been chasing hair for 2 weeks in a row without even getting 1 weekend item. I'm done spending stars on extra boxes. I'd spend a lot more money on this game if they got rid of the 4K and daily giftbox items in our weekend boxes!! I seriously do not need 10 of the same purse in every different color. ESPECIALLY for 40 k stars!!! I know I shouldn't get so mad because it's just a game... But dang, these weekend events have been ****ing me off lately! Haha

Here's to better luck next weekend!!! :)
    GC: tarabella08
    Feel free to add me! I love playing with new friends :)
    XoXo
  • Options
    Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    I really don't know if I should continue grinding. Both of my dolls are extremely exhausted already lol
    They need to renergnerized.

Screenshot_2016_01_31_04_32_32_1.png
    upload image online

tmp_3911_Screenshot_2016_01_31_04_44_50_1_203193.png
    free image host
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,114 Posts
    I didn't think I could do it, just pick one of the girls, and grind, grind, grind. I know you can do it if you like. Now I'm sitting here with 2 gigs left for the pantsuit. You can do it, you can do it. :) Now I'm going to go see why I only have one of your dolls in my game.

Here's a little morning pick you up if you need a little push.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Done!
    pPdM9d5.png?1

I feel that I didn't grind hard this time, I just waited for my energy and pets to recharge, however I got all items at about the same time around the other weekends, no extra rounds around the world, may the fact that I didn't spent my energy doing Nene's gigs helped, since those are long!

Eselle, Holly, Luz, Stardust, Trevor , Cookie or anyone else who has a male game, does someone spotted or got the new long hair at the boxes? If there is a bigger probability of certain items show up in certain spots, I would like to know the result for the hair of each of you and evaluate the chances.

I don't have much experience with the boxes, but I remember that when I was trying to get Brad Pitt's hair it appeared in the same spot few times.

Another interesting fact, during the December holidays when we were getting special boxes, I realized that certain items used to appear with frequency in certain places, so I started choosing those boxes and got several special items.

If there is a pattern perhaps opening the same box in different sets, can bring faster a coveted item than open several boxes in the same set!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    I didn't think I could do it, just pick one of the girls, and grind, grind, grind. I know you can do it if you like. Now I'm sitting here with 2 gigs left for the pantsuit. You can do it, you can do it. :) Now I'm going to go see why I only have one of your dolls in my game.

Here's a little morning pick you up if you need a little push.

I think that I followed you from my first Google link. But I don't think that you followed me back.
    Daily Android KKH player

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    CherreyCherrey Registered Users 1,496 Posts
    Congrats everyone who already finished!

And hold on Koko and Carol! You can do it!

I usually find gig events pretty exhausting, but this one went pretty smooth :)

CZq4Mj1.png
  • Options
    http://image.jpg upload img

I finally got the hair, but don't want to talk about how many stars I blew through. Every pallet I opened had the hair in it, but I was always right next to it or above it until today! The dumbest part about this is that the top right box is usually my first choice, but I kept going for the bottom middle two this weekend haha. Oh well.. I'm just happy I finally got it :)
    XoXo
  • Options
    Does anyone know how many event points does the last gig gives? Ong I'm so sick of grinding. Ugh!
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

• Options
    Does anyone know how many event points does the last gig gives? Ong I'm so sick of grinding. Ugh!

I think I only got 25 �� I didn't try this weekend though. I got the choker and that's it haha
    XoXo
  • Options
    maxrockatanskymaxrockatansky Registered Users 578 Posts
    IDAhGQa.jpg

Okay, so I went through the thread and looked up the hair-in-second-or-third-box-probability.

The people who have found/gotten the hair in the second box in the bottom row: Code Red, Carolyn Ferocious, Sassy Voguette.

The people who have found/gotten the hair in the third box in the bottom row (pictured above): Max (me, yay), Koko x 2, Carol Davida, Camila, Nivid, Amilicious.

So I'm not saying you should pick that box absolutely. Cherrey, LindaVB, Ali Bryant, and others have found the hair in different boxes. But if you are absolutely dying for the hair and you want to spend a few more k-stars trying to chase it, what could it hurt? But if you don't get it, don't shoot the messenger! (Please, because I like you all too much.)

Update! Do not listen to me, I have no idea what I'm talking about. This isn't unusual. Definitely go with your gut and stop trying to find patterns that are probaaaably not there.

This has been Mythbusters: What's in the Box -- Debunked.
  • Options

Feels like I got more than I expected, but not totally sure on the count. I chose book & blockbuster so that may have helped.

x52fep.jpg

Finished myself, I like it better than I expected, just still not in love with the wide stance.
    IOS

• Options
    MommyTo3MunchkinsMommyTo3Munchkins Registered Users 341 Posts
    I finally got the outfit. Not getting any items from my free box (or from the additional ones that I bought) really made the event take a lot longer. :( Sigh. If I hadn't lost my game on Christmas, I probably wouldn't have grinded for this outfit. Having to revert back to an old game (and losing all of those awesome clothes/hairstyles stinks.)

~Melissa~
    GC: MommyTo3Munchkins

• Options
    SerendipitySerendipity Registered Users 253 Posts
    I decided to try for the hair....
    image_zpsvtz8vzla.png

This is the fourth set of boxes that I opened. I got the dress on my third try. Free gift box had 30 event stars. Next box had a pair of suspiciously-colored, brownish(??) pants, and then this. I so wanted the hair! Oh yeah....I couldn't finish this event, either.
    "Art...a result of the frustration with being normal..."
  • Options
    I think I only got 25 �� I didn't try this weekend though. I got the choker and that's it haha
    KaylaJ wrote: »
    Feels like I got more than I expected, but not totally sure on the count. I chose book & blockbuster so that may have helped.

x52fep.jpg

Finished myself, I like it better than I expected, just still not in love with the wide stance.

Thanks I chose and went with completely different answers on both of my games and still got bonuses event points afterwards.
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

• Options
    Yes! I finally finished on both of my games. This event was definitely a challenge and extremely difficult.

2e1ta51.png

5wefee.png
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

• Options
    Thanks I chose and went with completely different answers on both of my games and still got bonuses event points afterwards.

Awesome and glad you finished! Your doll looks lovely :)
    IOS

• Options
    CchairccCchaircc Registered Users 284 Posts
    Anyone else's game still have the weekend event icon on the main screen? Mine won't go away :( and it's not like I'm still getting stars for gigs, which would have been great seeing I didn't finish the event. Just have a yellow star and mega phone on my screen ��
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,114 Posts
    I'm sure a mini update, one of those automatic surprise loadings, will take it away. Right now it seems like it's taunting you Cchaircc, but it should disappear soon.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Cchaircc wrote: »
    Anyone else's game still have the weekend event icon on the main screen? Mine won't go away :( and it's not like I'm still getting stars for gigs, which would have been great seeing I didn't finish the event. Just have a yellow star and mega phone on my screen ��

It's on my game too, it will go away soon :)
    PM to add
  • Options
    CchairccCchaircc Registered Users 284 Posts
    Ok good!!! Thank you for easing my worries haha!!:o:D
  • Options
    SassyVoguetteSassyVoguette Registered Users 1,510 Posts
    Congrats for those who finished.. I didn't!

I think I had the time but was angry because I decided to open another box, chasing hair or shoes.. and got that AWFUL tan sports bra.. 40kstars.. I died a little :mad: so I shut the game and decided to watch movie with bae..
    I don't really care about the jumpsuit.. I kinda like it, but not that much.

And Glu, thanks for making this game "fun" with putting stupid daily items in 40kstar special event box!
    Vats has my heart. Forever. 💕

iOS
    07/2014 
  • Options
    Congrats for those who finished.. I didn't!

I think I had the time but was angry because I decided to open another box, chasing hair or shoes.. and got that AWFUL tan sports bra.. 40kstars.. I died a little :mad: so I shut the game and decided to watch movie with bae..
    I don't really care about the jumpsuit.. I kinda like it, but not that much.

And Glu, thanks for making this game "fun" with putting stupid daily items in 40kstar special event box!

Sometimes there's just those weekends when I want to grind for all of the earn ables but it all depends on how stylish the clothing looks on my dolls based on the preview.

Or there are some weekends when the clothing looks straight up tacky and I don't want to even bother to put effort into grinding for all of the earn ables. That just makes me so unmotivated and I don't want to end up completing the event haha

Glu should really get rid of the hated cash, daily recolored clothing, and energy bolts. It's really unnecessary and it has absolutely nothing to do with the weekend event. I was actually shocked when I chose the correct boxes on both of my games because I haven't won anything decent for months.
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG