Weekend Event 9/16/16 - First Annual GLU Kimmie Awards & Party Event

Comments

• KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    I'll be fashionably late to the Kimmies. I got energy in my box and after the last few weeks, decided no chasing so this'll take awhile. The hair is neat, but with red roots, I look like I was eating Cheetos and itched my head. I have the other ombre hair so I'll make do with it. I was lucky Maria called for a 5 star discount on the long black & gold Balmain dress, so that was my spending Kstars this weekend.
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • katiealexandraakatiealexandraa Registered Users 1,171 Posts
    Guys, I am soooooooo happy.

I don't even think I'm going to try to earn the necklace at this point. I only have like 100 points, and have to be up in less than 5 hours.

BUT MY BOXES.

IMG_0943.png

I got THE HAIR in my free one (don't think I've ever felt so happy about getting a box item before), and then k-stars in my next two, so basically got my money back.

IMG_0944.jpg
    ♡ iOS (level 64 A+++) ♡
    ♔ Instagram: katiealexandraa.kkh 
  • krystalkrystal Registered Users 235 Posts
    Omg the platinum hair from Kim's snapchat teaser is finally here *cries hysterically*

(yes I know I'm kinda late to the party lol)
  • LantsPanceLantsPance Registered Users 998 Posts
    Sebastian got the hair and shoes from the gift boxes and decided to take some alone time on the beach. This is the first long hairstyle that he likes!

PxJJ3o.jpg
    Daily iOS KKH player
  • LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts
    This is great Lii. I love comedy. You're next up. But I have to grind a little first. ;)

Kimmie_Lii.gif

If you'd like a pic of you getting your award, please post one with the Valentines XO bkgnd? It's much faster than hand trimming
    Thank you Koko! Unfortunately I don't have the XO background, that one went out right when I was taking a quick hiatus from the game.
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
  • LiaLia Registered Users 113 Posts
    You guys, I have't posted here in ages but I still check the forum religiously, I love this community.
    Everyone looks so fabulous that I decided to join the awards myself, even though I was originally planning on skipping them this year.
    My doll went on a rampage in her wardrobe to find something glamorous and came across this early favorite. I still love this dress.
    40F0384E-9748-4E29-8BE7-5328B79BA856_zpscio3sb8q.jpg
    Game Centre: +Lya+
    Ha, Koko you must have sensed something! The last part of the event storyline is your doll receiving an award :D
  • SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    Good to see you Lants :) and Sebastian looks amazing, congrats!! :D
    LantsPance wrote: »
    Sebastian got the hair and shoes from the gift boxes and decided to take some alone time on the beach. This is the first long hairstyle that he likes!

PxJJ3o.jpg
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    Lia wrote: »
    You guys, I have't posted here in ages but I still check the forum religiously, I love this community.
    Everyone looks so fabulous that I decided to join the awards myself, even though I was originally planning on skipping them this year.
    My doll went on a rampage in her wardrobe to find something glamorous and came across this early favorite. I still love this dress.

She looks lovely accepting her Kimmie. :)

Kimmie_Lia.gif
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Lii wrote: »
    Ha, Koko you must have sensed something! The last part of the event storyline is your doll receiving an award :D

Wow. Ok, so you have all just witnessed an example of my 'Useless ESP' got a feeling for the thread and went with it. Although one of my games didn't get todo the 2nd Convince, so I'm going to an "Unfashionable" end event instead of the Fashionable. so Kat doesn't get an award? Oh no. Wah Wah Wah.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Kiki saw Kara was also rockin shades of purple when they bumped into each other in Iceland. They were both there for the special platinum hair conditioning treatment at the spa :p

image_zps867u10sx.jpeg
  • SapphoSappho Registered Users 284 Posts
    There's a newcomer on the red carpet: Sappho, whose show Girl Next Door has just been nominated in the Best Web Series category. She has no chance of winning, because competition is strong, but she's honored to just be nominated and is loving her chance to get on the red carpet of the Kimmie Awards.

image.jpeg

Oh and can I ask for some advice? What's better, running 3 hour parties or running 8 hour ones?
    I finally made my iOS doll a Facebook account so it's now possible to add me! :)
    Weird Al is life. <3
  • bladeoobladeoo Registered Users 315 Posts
    These two:
    IMG_2716.jpg

My favorite hairstyle, thrown at me twice and I didnt get either one. I'm so tired of my horrible luck with boxes and I'm sick of them not giving us more earnable hair. :(
    You can call me SONIA
    GC name is snowrice
    KKH Doll is Trixie
    K&K Doll is Lexie
    :cool:
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    3 hours! At the Calabasas home if you have it.
    PM to add
    Sappho wrote: »
    There's a newcomer on the red carpet: Sappho, whose show Girl Next Door has just been nominated in the Best Web Series category. She has no chance of winning, because competition is strong, but she's honored to just be nominated and is loving her chance to get on the red carpet of the Kimmie Awards.

image.jpeg

Oh and can I ask for some advice? What's better, running 3 hour parties or running 8 hour ones?

Welcome Sappho!
    3-hour parties in Calabasas are the best (you can invite seven guests there). If you don't own the Calabasas mansion Punta Mita is second best you can invite five there (I think?). Just use the house were you can invite the most guests and do 3-hour parties there :)
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Vats' reality show is nominated on two categories 'Worthy of a Meme' due Vats face expressions and catch phrases that always generate numerous Memes all over the internet and 'Cutest family in a reality show'.:o
    BoyO3wH.png

Vats, Bort and Mell making their entrance at the red carpet of the Kimmies!

I wish that Mell could have an actual princess hair with a tiara and proper clothes to the red carpet!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • LantsPanceLantsPance Registered Users 998 Posts
    SugarK wrote: »
    Good to see you Lants :) and Sebastian looks amazing, congrats!! :D

Hey, you! Thanks! I've been going through a rough time this last couple of weeks which is why I have been a little scarce around here. But I promise, I'm always lurking and reading! I just don't always have the time or energy to post. I hope you're doing well!
    Daily iOS KKH player
    Awwww hugs sweets ❤️ Remember you can pm me any time you want :D All good here thanks, just super busy in RL so I'm happy to have a weekend to chill :)
    LantsPance wrote: »
    Hey, you! Thanks! I've been going through a rough time this last couple of weeks which is why I have been a little scarce around here. But I promise, I'm always lurking and reading! I just don't always have the time or energy to post. I hope you're doing well!
    Skylar and boy toy Sloane on the red carpet!

Skylar's show, Sky, wasn't nominated for anything because it's mostly footage of her eating crisps and watching episodes of Judge Judy between modeling jobs.

However, Sloane's show, The Sloane Ranger, is up for best newcomer, because of his playboy antics and his incredible love of dogs, much like one Tom Hardy.

In a surprise moment, Max's Show was given the Newly Created Anna Nicole Reality Award. Anna's show, which primarily consisted of her going on gigs and eating junk food in her Luxurious Penthouse Apartment is award to a stunningly beautiful recipient whose show, while seemingly boring, is a true Reality show. Unscripted day to day life.

Accepting with Max, is her BoyToy/BodyGuard. She was recently whisked away with Spammers and locked away while Koko fought to get her out. Sloane will make sure he's the first and last line of defense. (Though believe me, Max can take care of
    herself.).

Max_And_Sloane.gif
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Lii wrote: »
    Welcome Sappho!
    3-hour parties in Calabasas are the best (you can invite seven guests there). If you don't own the Calabasas mansion Punta Mita is second best you can invite five there (I think?). Just use the house were you can invite the most guests and do 3-hour parties there :)
    Thanks, Lii, and Naimonster! The Miami home is the biggest I have so far (it's sad how poor I am for being an A-lister...) so I guess I'm gonna have to stick to there, at least I can invite 4 people there so it's not too bad.
    I finally made my iOS doll a Facebook account so it's now possible to add me! :)
    Weird Al is life. <3
    No it's not Sappho! And you have more than a day left to finish!

The weekend gigs are also giving nice rewards, I got 50 extra points in the end and there wasn't any 'trick' like to pay money/stars or answer questions corretly to get those this time, also Ray gave me 1 k-star:)
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    I would like an award please Koko!

tumblr_odohvyBGgk1qfvh9po1_500.jpg

And I agree Vats - we need some baby formal wear post haste. I would even love some looks to twin with our kids and perhaps more options formal wear wise to gift to the male NPCs??

I'm also super behind - still not at 300 points yet, only 240 once I finish this party, but I will definitely try to finish and if nothing else I at least have my red balmain ;3
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
    Hi. I'm back and working backwards now. My son was at a concert in the city last night, when they got out the subways they needed were not running because of the bomb blast, and he and his GF were 'nearly' stranded. We couldn't drive in to get them, though that was the first impulse, but her uncle has a restaurant and apartment there, so they stayed there and I finally got Baba back this morning. Phew. He said the sirens and confusion was crazy. Although, you could tell the hard core NYers. They were going around with the attitude of "What now? or Not again" while visitors were totally in panic mode. He held it together, acted all brave for the GF, but he was really shaken by it. The buzz on the street was "Terrorist attack" and when you are denied access to the subways, and the military are out in force, and the sirens are everywhere, it was very unreal to this surbanite I've raised. Ok, back to the Kimmies' Where is everyone?

Here you are Andrzej, accepting your Kimmie for your show. Keep throwing those parties. You can do it You can do it. :)

Kimmie_Andrzej.gif
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • maxrockatanskymaxrockatansky Registered Users 578 Posts
    In a surprise moment, Max's Show was given the Newly Created Anna Nicole Reality Award. Anna's show, which primarily consisted of her going on gigs and eating junk food in her Luxurious Penthouse Apartment is award to a stunningly beautiful recipient whose show, while seemingly boring, is a true Reality show. Unscripted day to day life.

Accepting with Max, is her BoyToy/BodyGuard. She was recently whisked away with Spammers and locked away while Koko fought to get her out. Sloane will make sure he's the first and last line of defense. (Though believe me, Max can take care of
    herself.).

Max_And_Sloane.gif

Koko!! Hahah, this is the best. I just realized I never uploaded the Valentines background pic I took and so this took double the work. Much <3 to you!
    Done!
    jEHY6kb.png?1

Definitely I don't like the earnables... too much brown, the vest would be so nice if it was another color:(

The rings are tacky, once when I was still a kid my mom gave me a ring like that with a gem and I threw it through the window lol, wish Vats could do that too!

Koko I'm so sorry that you and your family have to go through all that! Glad that is everything ok with Baba and his girl! Sending online hugs to you my friend!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    Thanks so much Koko and OMG - thank goodness he is safe!!

tumblr_odq7frBe8G1qfvh9po1_540.jpg

I felt myself getting sick on friday morning so I've spent most of my weekend resting, taking hot showers, blowing my nose and downing this bag of cough drops. I also grabbed some ice cream as a soft snack but the consistency is really granular so I haven't really eaten and will see if I can even get an exchange/return it tomorrow XP

@ GLU - if you do pop up that hairstyle I want, PLEASE save it for next week because I can't buy k-stars this time DX I want it but wait a week please!!
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
    Welcome Sappho! You look lovely with your Kimmie. You may be a newcomer to the scene, but your show is a fan fave, and no one can get enough of it.

KimmieSappho.gif
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Hi Linda, with great pleasure I present your Kimmie. It sparkles not nearly as much as your smile. :) Congratulations.

Kimmie_Linda.gif

I'll do more tomorrow. Very sorry this is taking so long, but I have to be honest. Each time it's on a different background from the Valentines XO, it takes a lot longer to isolate the doll. So please bear with me. :) YOu all look fab.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • haftimehaftime Registered Users 970 Posts
    thank you for all your hard work koko! We appreciate it. maybe another little request for the glu gods is a plain background so everyone can have one?
    My doll's name is Everly Rook, I play on iOS, and I'm on FB at facebook.com/everly.rook. 
    Aw thank you so much Koko! My doll and I were totally not expecting to win so we're extremely honored and humbled and will treasure this Kimmie forever. :D

In the end I only managed to win the necklace from the event, and I'm happy with it though I'm a bit sad that I couldn't get the rest because I really liked the sort of Greco-Roman style of the dress and sandals.
    Weird Al is life. <3