Options

~ Apropos of Nuthin'

Comments

• Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Maybe they'll explore Tyler's drama, but TBH hope they don't go much further than a second season, I hate when they mess up with good shows by doing countless seasons, the drop in quality is inevitable.

I quitted TWD this year, though I still read the comics, the show became unbearable to me.
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    TWD is getting there for me. They've had some good episodes this season but man, has it dragged. I've noticed it goes through those periods though where exiting stuff happens and then... nothing. It's all about the buildup, but the buildup kinda sucks. Plus you have annoying characters that needed to go a long time ago (Carl) but they'll never get rid of them because people would go ape****.

I am however waiting with bated breath for Stranger Things to return.
  • Options
    Yeah the good episodes come straight from the comics, the rest is pure filler. They should do shorter seasons. The chances of things get better is small, after 'All Out War' arc the pace of the comic really slows down, still that the storyline keeps 'interesting' in a way, translate that to TV is not exciting at all.

Today issue 167 was released and they killed off my all time favorite TWD character, this was the biggest death of the franchise to date, though I'm devasted, can't help but feel bored by this decision, after hundreds of deaths, try to move the plot just by killing important characters loses the impact, characters should be killed thanks to a well built plot...I may be done with any TWD related stuff.

Can't wait for Stranger Things too, the second semester will bring back a lot of shows I like. We're just few days from Sense8 second season to be released, the first season was amazing, hope this one will be as well.
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    Netflix is introducing so many new shows left and right and I haven't had the time to fully explore them yet. I don't know much about Sense8 although I've heard The OA is pretty good so I'll probably check that out next. I recently watched Black Mirror and oh my god...
  • Options
    Is it good?

Not that I should to start to invest on new shows aswell lol.

The best thing about Sense8 are the characters, it's so easy to fell in love with all of them. The storytelling is great too, but the heart of the show is on their interactions.
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    Black Mirror is very short. There are three seasons but not very many episodes in each. I think the first season had maybe only 3 or 4. It's an anthology so the episodes aren't related and can be watched in any order. The show definitely is not for everyone. It's very dark and sometimes graphic. The basis is technology and the effects and implications on becoming too dependent on such. For example, there was an episode featuring Bryce Dallas Howard where people rated other people based on interactions and general perception and if you had too low of a rating you became person non grata. My favorite episode was "White Bear" because of the twist ending that blew me out of the water. I still think about it!

I will warn if you do decide to watch that I was a bit horrified after watching the first episode so maybe skip that one and if you like the others come back to it. It's pretty f-ed up.
  • Options
    Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    Vats wrote: »
    The plot is about a girl called Hannah Baker who commits suicide and she records these K7 tapes listing the 13 reasons why she did that. We follow her story through Clay Jensen one of her school mates, well and there is a lot more, but I don't want to spoil too much! Go figure Carol!:o

I've watched the first episode and so far I'm starting not to like it. It seems like to me that I won't be addicted to the show, so I won't be continuing to watch it. It's such a heavy dark topic and rarely talked about in the black community. I think the percentage is very low compared to other races when some black people commit suicide and it's very shocking when I keep reading online that black people are taking away their lives on social media especially Facebook live for that matter.

I hate to ask but is this show based on a true story of a girl who actually committed suicide in rl? I thought that it was a doc series, but it looks like a scripted drama series to me as if the actors were renacting the scenes.
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    I hate to ask but is this show based on a true story of a girl who actually committed suicide in rl? I thought that it was a doc series, but it looks like a scripted drama series to me as if the actors were renacting the scenes.

No, it is based on a non-fiction book. I'm sure the author pulled inspiration from internet/school bullying but as far as I know it's not based on actual facts.
  • Options
    Thanks for the insight SoundsP!

Oh Carol, sorry you wasnt' able to relate! Maybe you need something more comic, I know that there is this new show called 'Dear White People', that seems very interesting, it's protogonized by a black woman and focus on issues that black people have to face daily. Judging by the trailer it has a clever humor, perfect to touch one sensible subjects without going on a heavy path.:)
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    Thanks I'll check out the show Vats.

Yeah, committing suicide is such a 'touchy-feely' subject amongst blacks. And, if a black person does it, that person is seen as not being mentally & emotionally strong enough to want to live. We're supposed to talk out our problems, not kill ourself. I don't know. Maybe that's how I was raised or that's just my family's upbringing. I sincerely apologize if my post is starting to sound insensitive towards people that has committed suicide and people who has their lost loved ones from committing suicide. It wasn't my intention, but I can share my empathy though since it's very heartbreaking to have happened.
    Daily Android KKH player

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    Actually Carol, I think you're hitting the nail on the head as far as mental issues and the obstacles our society still has to overcome. Not just race but even religion can affect someone getting proper help because in some circles it's just not done to air out "dirty laundry" if you will. It's not at all shameful to have depression or feelings of anxiety (whether it's mild or to the point where you're feeling suicidal). But it's hard to recognize something when it's not even talked about or believed which is something that we need to be 1000000x better at. From the outside looking in it's absolutely hard to relate. I suffer from anxiety and I've gotten a lot better at it but there are still times that it feels absolutely crippling. And compared to others I know, my issues are almost flippant compared to what they face everyday. But like you said, it's so deeply ingrained as a part of culture so it's not something that you can just flip a switch and change overnight. But I think just understanding and having that empathy is a step in the right direction.
  • Options
    I don't know about anyone else but TGIF!! It's been a looooong week. I haven't even left for work yet and I'm already counting down the hours until I can leave :p:D
  • Options
    Actually Carol, I think you're hitting the nail on the head as far as mental issues and the obstacles our society still has to overcome. Not just race but even religion can affect someone getting proper help because in some circles it's just not done to air out "dirty laundry" if you will. It's not at all shameful to have depression or feelings of anxiety (whether it's mild or to the point where you're feeling suicidal). But it's hard to recognize something when it's not even talked about or believed which is something that we need to be 1000000x better at. From the outside looking in it's absolutely hard to relate. I suffer from anxiety and I've gotten a lot better at it but there are still times that it feels absolutely crippling. And compared to others I know, my issues are almost flippant compared to what they face everyday. But like you said, it's so deeply ingrained as a part of culture so it's not something that you can just flip a switch and change overnight. But I think just understanding and having that empathy is a step in the right direction.

This comment was just perfect! My admiration by you grows everyday SoundsP!

As someone that is professionaly linked to health care (this term includes mental health, we need to start to avoid the dichotomy between body and mind), I feel so glad that this discussions are evolving on our society and coming out of the common sense that it has been placed for so much time.

Although not in a perfect way, media and celebs have been helping to call people's attention, and we already can see some transformations on people's behaviors towards these subjects.

I mean, remember Britney 10 years ago? I doubt that people will mock on her like that these days. Her stigma got so big that she preferred isolate herself as many other people still do out there. Empathy is always the way to go:).
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    haftimehaftime Registered Users 970 Posts
    Note From Koko
    I had to move some posts that went off topic into this thread. For continutity sake, I will put the time conflicting posts here as quotes, then the rest of the conversation takes over in their own posts. Thanks. These were moved over from Welcome to the Darkside, about obsession of the game. It's a great discussion, but it was too long and wondered off topic. that's all.

What⁉

Oh wow I've just realized that I've never commented on this thread before.

I'd hate to admit it but this game is my ultimate guilty pleasure.

My family knows how addictively I am to this game. I still hide my games from time to time whenever my mom or my sister walks inside of my bedroom. My brother gets annoyed whenever he sees that I'm playing this game, but I'm starting not to care now at this point lol

My mom asked me one time why I play this game so much. I've told her several times that my only reasoning for playing it is because it's a celebrity fashion game. Apparently, she still thinks that I'm such a huge fan of Kim Kardashian. And, I've used to watch her reality show with her family, but I've stopped at some point since I kinda outgrown the show and grew bored of it.

This story is so funny so I thought that I had to share. Last time, I was planning to do my doll's wedding with photo editing. I had no clue what to do. I was trying to brainstorm, but I just couldn't seem to come with a creative theme for my doll's dream wedding. I asked my mom for some ideas, but she didn't know what I was talking about. So, I showed a pic of my photo edit to her from my tablet, and she made fun of my work lol I laughed along with her in such a sarcastic tone. She said I thought that you were talking about human beings to me, but you're just showing me cartoon characters. I always refer to my KKH 'characters' as my dolls because it's such an endearing word.

I told her it may look easy but not everyone can do this. You have to be artistically talented and skillful to do photo editing. She agreed with me when I made that statement to her. I'll never show my photo editing work to her ever again ha ha. Oh well you live and you learn I suppose.#LessonLearned
    SugarK wrote: »
    Carol I LOVE seeing your edits! Your work is wildly creative, and every time I see it I smile. It's a very special gift that you have when you can bring joy to people so easily Keep doing what you love!!!
    Thanks Sugar. I just wish that I can share the same joy with my family. (Sigh) That's why I rather share it here on the forums. They're not even impressed with my photo editing skills just by the bland look on their faces. They think that I'm trying to be fancy since I'm seriously considering of starting an art career in the future. I'm just trying to get back on my two feet since I've taken a very long hiatus from college for two whole years. It has taken me awhile to figure it all out but I'm most definitely sure and 100% positive that I wanna start majoring in graphic designing. I've made my decision and I'm extremely confident about it now.
    astray wrote: »
    I think that's pretty amazing Carol , that reminds me Taurus's have a knack for art, that is probably a taurus's strongest trait their love and ambitious drive and passion for the arts (my sister is a Taurus her bday is the 9th of May, she loves anything to do with art), me being a Capricorn i feel like that's a trait i share with Taurus's I'm fascinated with electronics, anything that's got to do with art and computers they're my passion. Whilst majoring in ECE, we learnt graphic, animation, art and gaming design i absolutely love photoshop! I also participated in a workshop as an intern in Game Art and design, i learnt so much i graduated in 2015 from uni but I have thought about persuing a degree in web and graphic designing with animation . If graphic designing is your passion I say go for it, doing something you love is always a great thing. ^.^
    Thanks astray! That's so cool that your sister is a Taurus like me. I luv talking to you. You always bring such positive vibes to the forums.☺ Well, I've already told my family and they'll be supportive of me. I can't wait to see what will be in store for me in the nearby future.

Carol, I think it's awesome you are going to follow your passion! Part of my IRL work is advising students, and I want to encourage you to reach out at your school, when you start, and find an advisor or mentor or group that can help support you since you're family isn't filling that role (hopefully, just for now, and they'll come around). Many educational institutions have support networks you can join if you know where to look, so I wanna encourage you to seek these out wherever you go. If you have any questions about these please feel free to pm me! xoxo
    My doll's name is Everly Rook, I play on iOS, and I'm on FB at facebook.com/everly.rook. 
  • Options
    Thanks haftime for your concern. At first my family didn't understand why I wanted to do art for a living when I had 'the talk' with them last yr, but now they seem to understand since they've always known that art has apart of me and that's the only thing that I can see myself doing this on the long run. I'm so happy about that so now I'm just so ready to start applying to several colleges.

Is it really necessary for me to seek help from an advisor? I never discuss my personal problems to that person. I only sit down and they help me to choose the right classes according to my schedule and what fits me best.
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

• Options
    That's awesome Carol! I used to do freelance web design and took several graphic design classes in school. It's so much fun! It's one of those industries that is always changing so in addition to people seeking that career path, you also may encounter experienced people taking classes for refreshers as well. I found those resources to be the best to talk to because they're actually in the business and can give you tips. I ultimately decided not to pursue that degree but the knowledge I gained still stays with me. So no matter what you decide in the end, whether you decide to make it your career or just keep it a hobby like I did, you'll definitely get some benefit out of it!
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    What⁉

Oh wow I've just realized that I've never commented on this thread before.

I'd hate to admit it but this game is my ultimate guilty pleasure.

My family knows how addictively I am to this game. I still hide my games from time to time whenever my mom or my sister walks inside of my bedroom. My brother gets annoyed whenever he sees that I'm playing this game, but I'm starting not to care now at this point lol:D

My mom asked me one time why I play this game so much. I've told her several times that my only reasoning for playing it is because it's a celebrity fashion game. Apparently, she still thinks that I'm such a huge fan of Kim Kardashian. And, I've used to watch her reality show with her family, but I've stopped at some point since I kinda outgrown the show and grew bored of it.

This story is so funny so I thought that I had to share. Last time, I was planning to do my doll's wedding with photo editing. I had no clue what to do. I was trying to brainstorm, but I just couldn't seem to come with a creative theme for my doll's dream wedding. I asked my mom for some ideas, but she didn't know what I was talking about. So, I showed a pic of my photo edit to her from my tablet, and she made fun of my work lol:D:o I laughed along with her in such a sarcastic tone. She said I thought that you were talking about human beings to me, but you're just showing me cartoon characters. I always refer to my KKH 'characters' as my dolls because it's such an endearing word.

I told her it may look easy but not everyone can do this. You have to be artistically talented and skillful to do photo editing. She agreed with me when I made that statement to her. I'll never show my photo editing work to her ever again ha ha:D. Oh well you live and you learn I suppose.#LessonLearned

In addition, what about telling your Mom it's like playing Barbie with people all, over the world, but you never have to search for one missing shoe. Barbie was 'it' when I was growing up. It was a universal thing to us. 'Wanna play barbies?" I wonder how many times that phrase was uttered. So, maybe she'll see it in a different light. And as a way to express yourself graphically....I bet she'll soften to it.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    astrayastray Registered Users 1,538 Posts
    Thanks astray! That's so cool that your sister is a Taurus like me.:o I luv talking to you:). You always bring such positive vibes to the forums.☺ Well, I've already told my family and they'll be supportive of me. I can't wait to see what will be in store for me in the nearby future.

Aw no problem you're very much welcome Carol what's interesting with my situation is that my family encouraged me to put my computer/electronic skills to use and apply for a university that had Computer Engineering (seriously thought they were gonna laugh & tell me it isn't a career like my dad did but they were actually excited and cool about it) wanted to major in Software Engineering but the uni I applied to didn't get that course UNTIL I became a last year student so being that my academic advisor encouraged me to apply for a scholarship and do a double major I ended up majoring in Electrical/Computer Engineering it involves soooo much maths but I'm a maths fanatic so it wasn't that big of a deal to me plus i got the chance to attend a school in the states because it was a study abroad program at the American university that I applied to (yes England has some American schools but i prefer to travel) it was pretty hectic at first but I managed and I'm proud of my bachelors of science degree! I have to say that a lot of games I've played were actually my inspiration behind me majoring in that field plus my family members were extremely supportive. Perhaps one day I'll be buying some of your work someday thanks I love talking to you as well and i love encouraging people to reach for the stars and follow their dreams. ^.^
  • Options
    Oh wow that sounds so enjoyable.^_^ I'm extremely excited about my future already, and I haven't even gotten started yet haha :D

I've taken art classes before at a private college, but they were so boring though because my major was liberal arts. I graduated with an associate degree and my minor concentration was psychology. I always thought to myself overall I really need to gain more knowledge at a hands-on art class because I don't find it to be very intriguing by sitting down and writing term papers for my professors.
    That's awesome Carol! I used to do freelance web design and took several graphic design classes in school. It's so much fun! It's one of those industries that is always changing so in addition to people seeking that career path, you also may encounter experienced people taking classes for refreshers as well. I found those resources to be the best to talk to because they're actually in the business and can give you tips. I ultimately decided not to pursue that degree but the knowledge I gained still stays with me. So no matter what you decide in the end, whether you decide to make it your career or just keep it a hobby like I did, you'll definitely get some benefit out of it!

Hmm. I'm kinda uncertain with that'll work. My mom would probably tell me aren't you a little too old to be playing a Barbie game. The thing is that my parents aren't really gamers, so I would always tease them and called them to be 'technically challenged' lol:D I find it to be pretty amusing that they are always asking for my help since they know that I'm so techie savvy hehe.
    In addition, what about telling your Mom it's like playing Barbie with people all, over the world, but you never have to search for one missing shoe. Barbie was 'it' when I was growing up. It was a universal thing to us. 'Wanna play barbies?" I wonder how many times that phrase was uttered. So, maybe she'll see it in a different light. And as a way to express yourself graphically....I bet she'll soften to it.

Ah❗ I'm thinking that our situations are quite similar actually. My mom told me about two years ago why don't you combine your art skills and technology since you're so good at it⁉ She even said oh it's the new thing now. At first, I was kinda iffy about it since I couldn't make up my mind so I was undecided. I even did research on Google to see what art career would fit me best, but that kinda made me more confused:confused: than ever before. When I became a forum member, I saw others here were posting their photo editing. I thought to myself oh I could do that. I might as well give it a try then. What is there to lose? I've started practicing and I was starting to get better at it over time. So, then I was exploring and discovering my artistic abilities from left to right. Then, I started to feel like I needed to add more to my photo edits. So, I'm thinking like **** I really need to make my photos to move more lively. So, I've started to create gifs about a yr ago and now just recently I'm more in tune with creating graphics. I'm thinking that it was most likely the forum members here whose complimentary of my photo editing and graphic designing that's helped me to decide about what I wanna do as a stable job. I was wondering what's graphic designing all about now. When I did my final Google search, it was most definitely a relief. A light bulb has struck through my head❗I thought to myself this is it❗This is what I always wanted to do. I always loved designing and advertising since it makes a bold outstanding statement. I love doing both, but I rather prefer graphic designing. I could see myself doing this for a very long-time since I'm usually creatively expressive with art. I have to admit that I was kinda nervous to tell her because I thought that my dreams and high expectations were unrealistic for that matter. I finally told my mom about two days ago that I'm gonna go back to school to study graphic design, she said I'm happy that you finally made-up your mind, but my question is what took you so long after two years⁉I said it's kinda hard since there's so many art careers to choose from. I had to sit down and analyze it before I've decided to make my final decision. So, thanks to my family, friends, and forum friends who'll be very supportive of me☺.
    astray wrote: »
    Aw no problem you're very much welcome Carol what's interesting with my situation is that my family encouraged me to put my computer/electronic skills to use and apply for a university that had Computer Engineering (seriously thought they were gonna laugh & tell me it isn't a career like my dad did but they were actually excited and cool about it) wanted to major in Software Engineering but the uni I applied to didn't get that course UNTIL I became a last year student so being that my academic advisor encouraged me to apply for a scholarship and do a double major I ended up majoring in Electrical/Computer Engineering it involves soooo much maths but I'm a maths fanatic so it wasn't that big of a deal to me plus i got the chance to attend a school in the states because it was a study abroad program at the American university that I applied to (yes England has some American schools but i prefer to travel) it was pretty hectic at first but I managed and I'm proud of my bachelors of science degree! I have to say that a lot of games I've played were actually my inspiration behind me majoring in that field plus my family members were extremely supportive. Perhaps one day I'll be buying some of your work someday thanks I love talking to you as well and i love encouraging people to reach for the stars and follow their dreams. ^.^
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

• Options
    Ah❗ I'm thinking that our situations are quite similar actually. My mom told me about two years ago why don't you combine your art skills and technology since you're so good at it⁉ She even said oh it's the new thing now. At first, I was kinda iffy about it since I couldn't make up my mind so I was undecided. I even did research on Google to see what art career would fit me best, but that kinda made me more confused:confused: than ever before. When I became a forum member, I saw others here were posting their photo editing. I thought to myself oh I could do that. I might as well give it a try then. What is there to lose? I've started practicing and I was starting to get better at it over time. So, then I was exploring and discovering my artistic abilities from left to right. Then, I started to feel like I needed to add more to my photo edits. So, I'm thinking like **** I really need to make my photos to move more lively. So, I've started to create gifs about a yr ago and now just recently I'm more in tune with creating graphics. I'm thinking that it was most likely the forum members here whose complimentary of my photo editing and graphic designing that's helped me to decide about what I wanna do as a stable job. I was wondering what's graphic designing all about now. When I did my final Google search, it was most definitely a relief. A light bulb has struck through my head❗I thought to myself this is it❗This is what I always wanted to do. I always loved designing and advertising since it makes a bold outstanding statement. I love doing both, but I rather prefer graphic designing. I could see myself doing this for a very long-time since I'm usually creatively expressive with art. I have to admit that I was kinda nervous to tell her because I thought that my dreams and high expectations were unrealistic for that matter. I finally told my mom about two days ago that I'm gonna go back to school to study graphic design, she said I'm happy that you finally made-up your mind, but my question is what took you so long after two years⁉I said it's kinda hard since there's so many art careers to choose from. I had to sit down and analyze it before I've decided to make my final decision. So, thanks to my family, friends, and forum friends who'll be very supportive of me☺.

Wishing you the best of luck with your future endeavours Carol and just a quick question hope you don't mind me asking but do you have a porfolio of the artwork you've done so far? I still have my game art and design porfolio amongst the other porfolios i have, showing them your original work can also be helpful as well.
  • Options
    Carol, so happy to read that and know that even if just a little we made part of that decision!:D

It was always on you, glad that you respected your time and finally found out!

As always wishing all the best to you on your new journey! Now go rock the world girl!
    XBTLgGX.gif
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    I moved some posts here. please don't post till I finish my fix up. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    SassyVoguetteSassyVoguette Registered Users 1,510 Posts
    Hey guys!

Just saying quick hello. I haven't forgotten about you.. and I miss you so much. And the game. But sometimes LIFE happens and it changes everything. Some of you know, some don't. Almost 6 months ago I decided to terminate my 10-year relationship with my boyfriend. And I was kind of fine with this decision. Now, when I look back the love was long gone and this relationship was toxic for me. The breakdown came when all of his lying and cheating thorought the years surfaced. When I realised I lived in a lie for 10 years. When I realised the man I loved didn't exist. I started a new job at the time. Which saved me, I think.
    I am fine now. I still have my crisis sometimes, but its OK. My life changed so much in the past year. Everything I knew was gone. I had to start all over again, alone in a big city in a foreign country. And I did it. I rebuilded my life. And I am so f*cking proud of it! I learned how to be selfish. Its all about me now and my inner peace and happiness. I love my job, I work in the most prestigious television in the country, in the ad department. I've met so many new people there, which I proudly call my friends now. My life changed a lot but in a good way. And exciting things are in front of me, but I will share when its all said and done :) (since I believe that "happiness loves silence")
    Unintentionally, I took a break from the game and forum. I was so busy with the new job (and still am) and busy trying not to crumble and survive the hurt. So I am slowly coming back :) May and June will be busy months but exciting also. So I will pop when I have a chance.

I want to thank you, Vatsy and Amy for your love and support, since you knew from day one.
    Vatsy, you've made me laugh when I was crying 24/7. And I love you for that.
    Amy, you found time for me in your grief. And your words meant so much. I love that big heart of yours, you BRAVE and STRONG girl.
    ❤️❤️❤️

Hope everyone is doing well. I miss you all. See you soon again. xx

Your Sassy girl ��
    Vats has my heart. Forever. 💕

iOS
    07/2014 
  • Options
    Sassy love, so proud of you for having overcome all challenges that life imposes on you on this last year so fast!

As I said before you're a strong, intelligent and beautiful young woman and I'm glad for having met such a special being like you are!

And I soooooo share your thoughts on "happiness loves silence". True fact!

See you around!
    TkxJwdp.gif
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    Hmm...I never thought about creating my own portfolio astray. I'd look into it☺. Most of my work is saved on my devices.

Thanks Vats. I'm hoping that my dreams do come true in becoming a graphic designer someday:).

I'm so sorry to read about your break up with your ex boyfriend Sassy of your 10 yr relationship with him. I guess that you were just blinded by luv at the time. Ever heard of that saying love is blind? It's very truthful. Sometimes, it's just best to stay single for awhile and it's a good thing that your job is keeping you focused at the workplace for that matter.
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

• Options
    Hmm...I never thought about creating my own portfolio astray. I'd look into it☺. Most of my work is saved on my devices.

I say this because I think I don't remember but adobe has this online portfolio area where you can save all of your work from day one that way if any of your devices were to go mental and crash you'd have all of your work saved in that online portfolio it actually saved my life because I needed to show the company i was gonna work for as an intern all of my graphic, animated, drawings that I've drawn and website designs and my laptop crashed on me i was in a panic at first but then I remembered that i uploaded copies of my hard work to that portfolio, i was able to use another computer log in and show them my portfolio they loved my designs so much that i was asked to intern in Pittsburgh,PA, so give it some thought Carol portfolios can be a lifesaver.
  • Options
    Hey guys!

Just saying quick hello. I haven't forgotten about you.. and I miss you so much. And the game. But sometimes LIFE happens and it changes everything. Some of you know, some don't. Almost 6 months ago I decided to terminate my 10-year relationship with my boyfriend. And I was kind of fine with this decision. Now, when I look back the love was long gone and this relationship was toxic for me. The breakdown came when all of his lying and cheating thorought the years surfaced. When I realised I lived in a lie for 10 years. When I realised the man I loved didn't exist. I started a new job at the time. Which saved me, I think.
    I am fine now. I still have my crisis sometimes, but its OK. My life changed so much in the past year. Everything I knew was gone. I had to start all over again, alone in a big city in a foreign country. And I did it. I rebuilded my life. And I am so f*cking proud of it! I learned how to be selfish. Its all about me now and my inner peace and happiness. I love my job, I work in the most prestigious television in the country, in the ad department. I've met so many new people there, which I proudly call my friends now. My life changed a lot but in a good way. And exciting things are in front of me, but I will share when its all said and done :) (since I believe that "happiness loves silence")
    Unintentionally, I took a break from the game and forum. I was so busy with the new job (and still am) and busy trying not to crumble and survive the hurt. So I am slowly coming back :) May and June will be busy months but exciting also. So I will pop when I have a chance.

I want to thank you, Vatsy and Amy for your love and support, since you knew from day one.
    Vatsy, you've made me laugh when I was crying 24/7. And I love you for that.
    Amy, you found time for me in your grief. And your words meant so much. I love that big heart of yours, you BRAVE and STRONG girl.
    ❤️❤️❤️

Hope everyone is doing well. I miss you all. See you soon again. xx

Your Sassy girl ��

Sassy. It's so good to see you. Congratulations on all you've done to achieve your current success, both in personal happiness and in career. We have so missed you. Come on Back.......I've got kittens!

tumblr_mmg7m7K1CU1rtpfpio1_400.gif
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Sassy very nice to see you back here! Definitely a proud moment to overcome all those issues and come back stronger and happier! Wish you success <3
    PM to add
  • Options
    EselleteaEselletea Registered Users 700 Posts
    Hey everyone! No idea if you guys remember me but I used to come here all the time about a year or two ago.

I miss you all and the game a lot. I had no idea Sassy had to leave too. Hi Sassy!

I've opened the game a couple of times since leaving but my iPad needs upgrading and doesn't run the game well anymore. And then Jesse's character completely disappeared when I tried to open it on my phone one day, it was Shae standing there instead. So I was a little heartbroken about that for a while! Luckily I still can see him if I open Shae's game although I can never change his clothes :(

How is everyone doing? Are you guys still liking the game?
    Currently playing 2 iOS games, PM to add!
  • Options
    Remember you? Come here and give me. Big hug doll. A lot of dolls disappeared. It's all Facebooks fault. And then a lot of us are frozen.....but I still love the game because I know this will someday be fixed. I was just looking at your old birthday banner or fireworks. Hello hello hello doll. ( Quick somebody lock the door this one's not getting away again )

drinkup.gif
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary