Options

Weekday Event 8/7/17 - Show Your Style ~ Shoe Sensation!

Comments

• Options
    queenn.daniqueenn.dani Registered Users 347 Posts
    So my alarm woke up 15 minutes before 9 then I woke up on my own an hour and a few minutes before the 2nd round ended. Won the 1st round, hopefully, I win with my 2nd. Good luck to all and I love seeing how all of you styled the shoes! :o
  • Options
    PezPez Registered Users 397 Posts
    Everyone is posting amazing outfits! dani and genthea, I saw your dolls in the voting booth!! I was so excited to recognize other forum posters, haha. I seem to be seeing more male dolls compared to previous SYS events, too.

Earning K-stars for completing gigs was a very welcome surprise! Thank you, Glu! I'm grinding reality shows. Now I won't feel so bad about spending K-stars to speed up the voting results, if necessary, to earn the hair. That hair WILL be mine! It's lovely.

Reminder: SYS midweeks end early, at NOON ET Thursday, instead of the usual 10PM ET! And we can't enter looks after 8AM ET Thursday. There's a timer in the game counting down to noon Thursday, of course, but if you're like me, you don't always pay close attention and notice the change until it's Wednesday evening :rolleyes: lol

Do we have to earn slightly more points this time around compared to past SYS events, due to having an extra day? I thought the first box was usually 50 or 55 points (when starting on Tuesdays), but this time it's 60.
    iOS • KK:H player since January 2015 • I still need to make a FB account for my doll lol

• Options
    genthea wrote: »
    Also, "show my results" button appears right after you send in an outfit, what if nobody voted for us? Is it computer-decided whether we win or not?

When you submit a look, you automatically get 5 points. If you win you get 20, if you don't win you still get, I think 10 so if you lose it's not gonna hurt that badly. You'll still be able to get the rewards.
  • Options
    gentheagenthea Registered Users 308 Posts
    Ahhh Mr. J! Haven't seen men's rewards but I'm sure they're dashing. Thanks for sharing the inspirations, Paty.
    Pez wrote: »
    Everyone is posting amazing outfits! dani and genthea, I saw your dolls in the voting booth!! I was so excited to recognize other forum posters, haha. I seem to be seeing more male dolls compared to previous SYS events, too.

Haha, that's amazing! Did you like it? I'm also seeing more male dolls as well, their styles are so fashionable!

Is it possible to reach to hair without spending some k-stars along the way? Is the time enough for it? I finished my first round an hour and 20 mins early, if our natural given time is not gonna be enough I need to plan a strategy for it because even though I won my first round, I couldn't win the second and I know it's not gonna be a win everytime. Were you able to reach to last reward without using k-stars?
    Hello! I play on iOS. Feel free to add me on Facebook or game center as msdianaprince! ❤️
  • Options

Do we have to earn slightly more points this time around compared to past SYS events, due to having an extra day? I thought the first box was usually 50 or 55 points (when starting on Tuesdays), but this time it's 60.

I haven't seen any of your outfits, yet, Pez. :( But thank you so much for voting! It's deeply appreciated.

And I thought I was the one who noticed the changed. But I wasn't too sure, what it has used to be.

EDIT: The first box in the last SYS was 50 points.
  • Options
    When you submit a look, you automatically get 5 points. If you win you get 20, if you don't win you still get, I think 10 so if you lose it's not gonna hurt that badly. You'll still be able to get the rewards.

It's not what I asked. We get "show the results" immediately after we submit a look, so if I click on it, I'll get results but there won't be time for someone to vote for me. In that case, does the game decide whether I win or not? Is it trustworthy?
    Hello! I play on iOS. Feel free to add me on Facebook or game center as msdianaprince! ❤️
  • Options
    Is it possible to reach to hair without spending some k-stars along the way? Is the time enough for it? I finished my first round an hour and 20 mins early, if our natural given time is not gonna be enough I need to plan a strategy for it because even though I won my first round, I couldn't win the second and I know it's not gonna be a win everytime. Were you able to reach to last reward without using k-stars?

I think, the last SYS we had. I missed 2 rounds but only used stars when I was in a single digit number and I finished within a day of the event so with the extra day, you should finish easily
  • Options
    It's not what I asked. We get "show the results" immediately after we submit a look, so if I click on it, I'll get results but there won't be time for someone to vote for me. In that case, does the game decide whether I win or not? Is it trustworthy?

I'm not 110% sure with that because I don't do it like that. I normally wait, but where lot of players do it. I assume it's okay

And sorry for not understanding what you said the first time, I'm running on 6 hours of sleep.
  • Options
    Thanks, Dani! :o Appreciate the help. I guess I'll wait a day or so and if I'm away from reaching to hair, I'll start fast-forwarding. Have fun!
  • Options
    soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    I believe it works out that you don't have to win every round and you can still complete the event. If you're losing every time that might be cause for concern but I wouldn't stress until you're closer to that goal.

From how Glu has explained this event works, whether you win or not depends on if the majority voted for your doll. So if 5 people see your doll in game and 3 vote for you and 2 do not, then you win the round. If you end early it just goes off whatever count it is at the time. If you immediately try to find out your results I'm not sure how that works. There's no way to know if your doll had enough time to go through any rounds on another person's game so my guess is that if you have zero votes when you choose to view your results early then the game just defaults to something so there's a 50/50 chance.
  • Options
    PatyPaty Registered Users 195 Posts

Speeding up the results doesn´t mean that you´ll win the round, but you´ll get the max points anyway. It is trustworthy for sure, but very expensive.
  • Options
    ...my guess is that if you have zero votes when you choose to view your results early then the game just defaults to something so there's a 50/50 chance.

Finally somebody got it right! That wasn't so hard, isn't it? Thank you so much, my friend. I guess the best thing to do is to wait for a while before getting results & have some real votes. Thanks again! <333

Paty, What I was asking was this: what if you get zero votes? Who decides then? Opening immediately after submitting doesn't allow your doll to appear on other people's games, right? You don't get votes. I know using stars doesn't mean I'll win everytime.
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Someone will figure it out mathematically. I believe you can lose every round and still win if you're diligent about submitting a new look every four hours. It will have to be reconfigured because of the new numbers usually at the beginning of the third round a few people posted what they've gotten, but now an extra round.

Also don't forget to check your pets pets occasionally give out event points I've already earned two extra than points this morning.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    PatyPaty Registered Users 195 Posts
    Finally somebody got it right! That wasn't so hard, isn't it? Thank you so much, my friend. I guess the best thing to do is to wait for a while before getting results & have some real votes. Thanks again! <333

Paty, What I was asking was this: what if you get zero votes? Who decides then? Opening immediately after submitting doesn't allow your doll to appear on other people's games, right? You don't get votes. I know using stars doesn't mean I'll win everytime.

Actually it doesn´t matter if you are being voted or not, because since you are paying to speed up the results, you´ll always get the 20 points everytime you do it.
  • Options
    Paty wrote: »
    Actually it doesn´t matter if you are being voted or not, because since you are paying to speed up the results, you´ll always get the 20 points everytime you do it.

I don't believe, you win if you speed it up even if it's less than 20 stars and even if you don't have votes. I think it's up to the game like someone said beforehand.
  • Options
    Also don't forget to check your pets occasionally give out event points I've already earned two extra than points this morning.

Completely forgot about my pets and I went back every 4 hours our last event. Can't believe I forgot about them, thank you for reminding me Koko. :)
  • Options
    ericasiaericasia Registered Users 32 Posts
    SYS events always make me so jealous! I see so much clothing and wigs I've never seen before and want!
  • Options
    Someone will figure it out mathematically.

Someone is welcome to check my math:

You earn 5 points per entry; winning a round earns you 20, losing earns you 10. So, pretending you win half the time and lose the other half the time, you earn an average of 20 points per round completed. The math there is: ((5+10) + (5+20))/2 = (15 + 25)/2 = 40/2 = 20.

When SYS lasts Tuesday-Thursday, it takes 210 points to complete, if I remember correctly. But since this SYS lasts Monday-Thursday, and the earning the first box requires slightly more points than usual, and thus so may the rest of the items, let's pretend this SYS will take 240 points to complete. 240/20 = 12 rounds entered AND completed.

Again, I've made assumptions throughout this calculation: your win/loss ratio and the points required for completing the event. Using 50/50 and 240, and entering and completing voting rounds 4 times per day, you could possibly finish the event Wednesday evening (ET) without having to pay K-stars to receive your results early or having to wake up overnight to squeeze in more rounds.

Also, his calculation excludes (1) the bonus points from pets and (2) the bonus points you earn from entering and completing rounds once you earn the first outfit piece (the dress/jacket). Both of those things will help you along, albeit modestly. I hope this helps soothe some nerves.
    iOS • KK:H player since January 2015 • I still need to make a FB account for my doll lol

• Options
    Stefan001Stefan001 Registered Users 453 Posts
    Here are some of my winning looks so far! :)

Photo_Grid_1502131290332.jpg
    Android 
    K&K: Level 21
    KKH: 1+++

Hayley's FB

#firethenanny
  • Options
    The second box requires 120 points. I sped up one of my rounds to find out. I need to chill, lol. I've been anxious about my chances because I've been seeing quite a few fantastic looks in the voting booth.

But I've also seen a lot of black outfits on the girl dolls, just like dani mentioned. :confused: They'd look just fine with appropriate shoes but not so much with these, in my opinion. And I'm seconding/thirding/whatever-number-we're-on the rules "don't wear anything floor-length that hides the shoes!" and "change out of the most recent weekend's earnables!" It's Monday, start the week afresh! :p

• Options
    LisylisLisylis Registered Users 931 Posts
    Thanks for the votes Anastasia_V. and queen.dani! :)

Also holy heck shout out to Paty for her ability to track down the inspiration for all of these looks so fast, that's incredible. You must be a huge fashion devotee!
  • Options
    Also don't forget to check your pets pets occasionally give out event points I've already earned two extra than points this morning.

Yep, I got three today, even my fish gave me one!
    Paty wrote: »

Lmaooo that's so cruel actually? But yeah, today I used k-stars twice and won them. I used the same look for both of them, just changed the necklace. I'd like to believe that I styled my doll very well but unfortunately... :D
    ...it takes 210 points to complete, if I remember correctly.
    ...let's pretend this SYS will take 240 points to complete.

240???? WHAAAAAA-- I've been calculating on 600 points like a fool. That's why I panicked so much because even winning every look gives you something like 450 if you don't speed things up. I feel so vulnerable now that I used my k-stars because I thought I wasn't gonna collect 600. Well.

Thank you all of you guys so much. I love you all dearly & your answers are appreciated.
  • Options
    But I've also seen a lot of black outfits on the girl dolls, just like dani mentioned. :confused: They'd look just fine with appropriate shoes but not so much with these, in my opinion.

Yes, exactly. I agree with you, Pez, if the shoes had been black then I can see why people would wear black outfits but it looks like everyone is just throwing outfits together
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Thanks for for the breakdown and averages fort the event points. No need for any anxiety dolls. You'll feel better with a few more finished rounds. ;)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    240???? WHAAAAAA-- I've been calculating on 600 points like a fool. That's why I panicked so much because even winning every look gives you something like 450 if you don't speed things up. I feel so vulnerable now that I used my k-stars because I thought I wasn't gonna collect 600. Well.

SYS are always lower than regular events. I assume it is because of the voting process and how it takes 4 hours.
  • Options
    Oh nooo :(((( I always thought black as a blending color, that it'd go well with everything. I'd like to think you guys have seen some horrible fashion choices but :'( I always throw in a little black, for example a top with the color of the shoes and black pants to blend in. Please tell me that I'm not doing it wrong :'(
    Thanks for for the breakdown and averages fort the event points. No need for any anxiety dolls. You'll feel better with a few more finished rounds. ;)

Ah, yes, it does. I just opened my black/golden box and I feel like a feather. If it hadn't been for you guys I would have been going nuts.
    SYS are always lower than regular events. I assume it is because of the voting process and how it takes 4 hours.

I feel so bad for not paying attention to that. I was like, if the first box is 60 and second is 120, then it's gonna go up to 600. Last SYS Throwback event I didn't like the items I guess and stopped after opening boxes. Learning feels nice!
  • Options
    Oh nooo :(((( I always thought black as a blending color, that it'd go well with everything. I'd like to think you guys have seen some horrible fashion choices but :'( I always throw in a little black, for example a top with the color of the shoes and black pants to blend in. Please tell me that I'm not doing it wrong :'(

Oh I meant all-black outfits, like from head to toe! Some dolls were dressed like midnight with the only bit of color being the pink shoes, which looked a bit off when taken in altogether. Using just a black pair of pants or just a black shirt / etc. is totally fine, especially when the accessories or other pieces of the outfit complement the color of the shoes! Sorry to worry you!

• Options
    Ohhh got it. That makes totally sense. Actually, I'm so sorry for worrying about everything haha
  • Options

Oh no, I've seen doll after doll in all black with very dark brown hairs, some will have blonde but I feel like a little black is fine but most of these dolls look like they're trying to make something work with something that it doesn't work with or that they are just careless about having a cute outfit.
  • Options
    Anastasia_V.Anastasia_V. Registered Users 157 Posts
    Stefan001 wrote: »
    Here are some of my winning looks so far! :)

Photo_Grid_1502131290332.jpg

Congrats Stefan, I love your stylings! Your doll got my vote 5 times in a row, no wonder why she won :rolleyes:

Screenshot_2017-08-07-15-18-15.png

By the way, I won 2 rounds so far with the same outfit that I've posted, yay! Hope my luck will continue.
    KKH Android player
    Level 65, A+++