Options

KK:H Weekday Event - 12/11/17 Tapping and celebrating the Festival of Lights

Comments

• Options
    GabebotGabebot Registered Users 285 Posts
    The new limited time kollection is lame the only thing I liked is the the other long hair but I'm grateful tho 
  • Options
    miacollinsmiacollins Registered Users 82 Posts
    I really want the KKW beauty creme contour & highlight kit for my doll I hope they get it back asap ?
  • Options
    miacollinsmiacollins Registered Users 82 Posts

My gold box:

Realllllllly wishing I had picked the K stars :-/ 

I got the same boring earrings too UGH

• Options
    ladykrystalladykrystal Registered Users 498 Posts
    Gold box:

TB box:
    I couldn’t have picked a worse item..... ever!
    *✲゚*(❁´◡`❁) CHANEL OBERLIN (❁´◡`❁)*✲゚*
    KKH: A+++ Lister. Level 62.
    Daily iOS KKH player since April '17
  • Options
    klenaklena Registered Users 679 Posts
    I got kash, kash & you guessed it, more kash for the 2 black boxes & the gold box.
    Opened my TB hoping my luck would have changed but noooooo, got the green sandals instead. For some stupid reason, decided to open a second box & got a white jumpsuit. Never gonna open a second box for TB again, especially since it cost 60 kstars & good items are not guaranteed.
    iOS iPad 
    Level: 56
    List: A+++
    Doll’s name: Kate DeMille (name of 2 of my favourite heroines from my favourite urbane fantasy author Ilona Andrews)
  • Options
    Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    Got Kash in box 1. I work all week so I'm mostly just trying to get what I do have scheduled lowered. 

Speaking of gigs - I'm just finishing up the perfume storyline and can I just say that I am annoyed at how star expensive it is? After spending 25 on that bottle WHY did I have to pay another 10 for the billboard?! I didn't want to back down with a party and had to watch videos over 2 days - Monday and last night - to grab it. PLEASE more things in Kash GLU!
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
  • Options
    KhantKhant Registered Users 71 Posts
    Hi guys, what's the difference between the throwback box and the gold box /other box.
    I know there are past items in the TB box but what about the other two?

Also how I do access the Kollections? Idk where to find them and I wouldn't have been able to without this new banner.

Anyone else facing glitchy Kollections? Like all of them are open and I can't click on the "open" button. 
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    If you look in your wardrobe sections, after the items for ourchase, and before the event items, you will see the GB items. First the items in the black box, then the Items in the Gold box. The Kollections can be accessed 2 ways....first the bouncing double black boxes tied with a gold ribbon, or through the series of things on the Announcement bullhorn. To Access the prizes after you'very won them.....you will find them in their category, just before the event items.
    And what do you mean all of them are open and you can'take click on the open button?I hit the boxes icon,scroll to the Kollections you want, and tap play, if you want to take a chance, hot play again, or tap the red box with the left pointing white arrow head to the left of the Kollections name.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Thank you so much for this Lucas. Do you have a favorite story of a childhood Chanukah? Best present? Are their traditional foods or celebrations?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    KhantKhant Registered Users 71 Posts
    Hi Koko thanks for replying.

This is how my Kollections is glitching. It used to be fine. 

• Options
    klena said:

I got kash, kash & you guessed it, more kash for the 2 black boxes & the gold box.
    Opened my TB hoping my luck would have changed but noooooo, got the green sandals instead. For some stupid reason, decided to open a second box & got a white jumpsuit. Never gonna open a second box for TB again, especially since it cost 60 kstars & good items are not guaranteed.

Oh wow, you don'th like the jumpsuit? I'mean sorry, but I bet your doll looks great it in. And believe it or not,,. Those shoes do work really well with a couple of spring looks. But for everyour TB box you get that doesn't thrill you, you have already knocked it out of play, so a better TB will probably be your next one. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    @kokokokonut, true about knocking the sandals & jumpsuit out of play.
    Got enough sandals and this one doesn’t seem to sit right especially on her right foot. Maybe I’m being picky.
    Jumpsuit wise, got a white one that’s very similar to this except for the fact that one has a belt and the lacing on the neckline. Otherwise they’re interchangeable.
    For 60 kstars, I expect better items. Oh well, I’m just gonna stay away from paying for TB from now on & just be grateful for whatever I get free from grinding.

Edit: added pic of sandals.
    iOS iPad 
    Doll’s name: Kate DeMille (name of 2 of my favourite heroines from my favourite urbane fantasy author Ilona Andrews)
  • Options
    Khant said:

Hi Koko thanks for replying.

This is how my Kollections is glitching. It used to be fine. 

Hi. Mine looks like that. If you want to play, you tap the button that says 20 Stars. then a window pops up "This costs 20 Stars do you want to proceed" (or some warning) then you play. I don't mean to sound dumb, but what happens when you tap the 20 Stars button? See the collection shows you everything available, you hit the 20 stars button to play. It's not like the other gift boxes, where we tap a specific closed box we want.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts

Happy birthday @KatePillgrim!

#VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
  • Options

Happy Birthday Doll, hope your day is wonderful!
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Thanks for sharing about Hanukkah @astray even though you should be busy with it irl. Very interesting to read! Happy Hanukkah to you and your fam~
    PM to add
  • Options
    astrayastray Registered Users 1,538 Posts
    edited December 2017
    Okay so I believe that the forum might have throught my post was a copy of each other and it disappeared so I'm gonna explain Dreidel again for those who might be confused by the others statements.

Dreidel

In Hebrew the word for dreidel is sevivon, which, as in Yiddish, means to turn around. Dreidel's have four Hebrew letters on them, and they stand for the saying, Nes gadol haya sham, meaning A great miracle occurred there. In Israel, instead of the fourth letter shin, there is a peh, which means the saying is Nes gadol haya po meaning A great miracle occurred here.

Playing with the dreidel is a traditional Hanukkah game played in Jewish homes all over the world, and rules may vary depending on how you play it in your tradition of celebrating Chanukah. Here’s how to play the basic dreidel game:

1. Any number of people can take part.

2. Each player begins the game with an equal number of game pieces (about 10-15) such as pennies, nuts, chocolate chips, raisins, matchsticks, etc.

3. At the beginning of each round, every participant puts one game piece into the centre “pot.” In addition, every time the pot is empty or has only one game piece left, every player should put one in the pot.

4. Every time it’s your turn, spin the dreidel once. Depending on the side it lands on, you give or get game pieces from the pot.

a) Nun means nisht or nothing. Meaning the player does nothing.

b) Gimel means gantz or everything. The player gets everything in the pot.

c) Hey means halb or half. The player gets half of the pot. (If there is an odd number of pieces in the pot, the player takes half of the total plus one).

d) Shin (outside of Israel) means shtel or put in. Peh (in Israel) also means put in. The player adds a game piece to the pot.

5. If you find that you have no game pieces left, you are either out or may ask a fellow player for a loan.

6. When one person has won everything, that round of the game is over!

Being a Jew (British Jew) besides the lighting of the Chanukah Menorah playing dreidel is perhaps my favourite thing being Jewish there's a lot of things that we weren't allowed to do so being able to come together in a synagogue or a temple and playing with family and friends of the Jewish community it was such a great feeling it kind of reminds me of the American game monopoly where either one person one or no one won at all and so we'd add more people and play it again. The object of this game is to have fun and just enjoy being amongst those we love to just enjoy ourselves.

I mentioned previously that most words are quite different from what is spoken in Isarel some have the same meaning but different wording and spelling whereas some of different wording, spelling and meaning. I'm not quite sure if the Menorah is lit the same as it is in Israel but I believe it is lit in the same manner.
  • Options
    edited December 2017

Thank you so much for this Lucas. Do you have a favorite story of a childhood Chanukah? Best present? Are their traditional foods or celebrations?

No thank you for allowing me to share this with you all it's truly an honour @kokokokonut

To answer your question koko, my favourite story would have two things from my childhood is the stories my grandpa told me of the holocaust and how they left Germany. My favourite story to read when I was about 5 or 6 years old we had to read this book called Number The Stars (Also known as The Star of David) it was about a 10 year old Jewish girl who pretended to be her best mate's dead sister Lise with their permission of course to keep her from being taken by the Nazi's to a concentration camp like her family so her best mates family took her in she had to basically remove everything that was her identity including the star of David necklace she always worn be cause if they'd found out she was Jewish her friend's family and her friend would all be killed for protecting a Jew.

The best present would have to be my Star of David necklace that I got from a good friend of my mum's who was also a teacher at the primary school I attended and it was blessed in The Jordan River.

My favourite meal would have to be latkes, latkes are potato pancakes that can be cooked whichever way you prefer it to be you can have them stuffed or you can cook them in a grilled cheese manner, brisket latkes, you can eat them with applesauce or sour cream on top they even have them where as you can prepare them for vegans and in an eco friendly kind of way, bottomline if you want strawberry jam with the sugar powder sprinkled on them you can do so they are often fried in oil in fit with the oil that was used to light the candles that lasted for 8 days during the time that the Greeks destroyed our oil to keep the Jews from praying and giving their blessings but of course only one was left and there was only enough oil to last for one day but as you all know a miracle happened and well on the 8th day the candles went out.

Also latkes remind me of hash browns. :smile:
  • Options
    I will post the lighting of the Menorah on here once the sunsets elsewhere.
  • Options
    GabebotGabebot Registered Users 285 Posts
    Its my name day on Saturday ?
  • Options
    RumpelstilzchenRumpelstilzchen Registered Users 1,599 Posts
    Happy Birthday @KatePillgrim!

Happy Chanukah to everyone celebrating! 

Thank you very much @astray for sharing this with us!
    It's really interesting to get an insight in Chanukah, your 
    explanations give me an idea how special this time must be. 
    Dreidel sounds like so much fun, pretty sure people are teasing each other while playing and having lots of laughter.
    And those latkes sound yummy, too!

Android
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    You're so welcome and latkes are so good I wish I can fry some up and share them with you all but until then I'll share them around the forum. :smile:

• Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    oooh that looks yummy! Like a string-type of hashbrown. Made me hungry.
    PM to add
  • Options
    Okay so it's the second night of Chanukah we say two blessings and of course we kindle two lights in the menorah.

Blessing 1: Praised are you our God, ruler of the universe, who made us holy through Your commandments and commanded us to kindle the Hanukkah lights.
    Blessing 2:Praised are you, our God, ruler of the universe, who performed wondrous deeds for our ancestors in those ancient days at this season.

• Options
    Happy birthday @KatePillgrim
  • Options
    KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    edited December 2017
    Happy Birthday @KatePillgrim

Thank you for all your posts @astray! we Learned about the dreidel in school when I was younger and made our own with paper which obv didn't spin as well lol

I finally won the prom dress, but it makes my doll's butt look big.
    No complaints though. Sir MixALot would be happy and that ring with the black stone is still haunting my palette
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • Options
    AmzaAmza Registered Users 108 Posts
    I was worried that I wasn't going to finish the event in time but I made it
  • Options
    AListJaceyAListJacey Registered Users 473 Posts

My tb box 
    KKH iOS player ✨

Looking for friends? Add me on FB here!
  • Options
    CherreyCherrey Registered Users 1,496 Posts
    klena said:

@kokokokonut, true about knocking the sandals & jumpsuit out of play.
    Got enough sandals and this one doesn’t seem to sit right especially on her right foot. Maybe I’m being picky.
    Jumpsuit wise, got a white one that’s very similar to this except for the fact that one has a belt and the lacing on the neckline. Otherwise they’re interchangeable.
    For 60 kstars, I expect better items. Oh well, I’m just gonna stay away from paying for TB from now on & just be grateful for whatever I get free from grinding.

Edit: added pic of sandals.

I know what you mean. A lot of older shoes don't fit our dolls anymore. This happened after the big makeover update of the game where the proportions of the dolls were slightly changed. Too bad that Glu won't fix these fitting issues. This makes me never wear some of my older pair of shoes anymore because they just look off.
  • Options
    @Cherrey, thank you, thank you. Thought I was being silly & picky as didn’t know about about the dolls makeover by Glu.
    iOS iPad