Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

A new forum! 150$ Raised of 150$

Comments

• Options
    JustAnonymousJustAnonymous Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 2,482 Posts
    Boom. +1.
  • Options
    iHighiHigh Registered Users 547 Posts
    eddieward said:

Donations $20+ should have some ownership don't you think?

Lol nice ^^
  • Options
    chrisjrab59chrisjrab59 Registered Users 544 Posts
    I hate Facebook btw passionately like fervently... I'm a conservative Christian and have no room for the social decadence that a social network like that brings with a communistic mindset where privacy is the absolute last thing on their list of importance despite the five hundred settings you might try to change in your favor. Thus I do not have a Facebook...

If you go for this and make a new forum, I will definitely join and be active. I didn't know you were this fired up to do it despite the difficulties. If you need a hand let me know. Also I have extensive experience as a moderator on several popular forums, if you need any admins aside from those it sounds you already have chosen in mind ;) good luck man!
  • Options
    shtoobieshtoobie Registered Users 7,944 Posts

I hate Facebook btw passionately like fervently... I'm a conservative Christian and have no room for the social decadence that a social network like that brings with a communistic mindset where privacy is the absolute last thing on their list of importance despite the five hundred settings you might try to change in your favor. Thus I do not have a Facebook...

If you go for this and make a new forum, I will definitely join and be active. I didn't know you were this fired up to do it despite the difficulties. If you need a hand let me know. Also I have extensive experience as a moderator on several popular forums, if you need any admins aside from those it sounds you already have chosen in mind ;) good luck man!

Oh cool, I didn't know that about you. I don't have a problem with facebook, I just personally choose not to use it, but I'm a Christian also.

Anyways, this is some really great feedback and judging by your previous post, I can see you do have adequate web design skills. Since Xenforo is being used to get the best functionality out of the forum, not a lot of coding should be required, but you may be called upon for actual DESIGN such as colour palettes and such, so thanks.

Lastly, I want to note that I haven't "chosen" anyone yet, I just have a few prospects in mind, and the more I see personalities come out in this post, the more are added or removed from said list.
  • Options
    JustAnonymousJustAnonymous Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 2,482 Posts
    This guy.. ^^^^^^^
  • Options
    Anyways. We still need cash :joy: So let's reach this goal y'all!
  • Options
    Bump. Spent my last $20 today :sweat_smile: .. wouldve been great if it was posted yesterday..
  • Options
    Im stupid. It was posted yesterday.. i mustve not seen it. :confounded: .. :joy: :mask:
  • Options

Im stupid. It was posted yesterday.. i mustve not seen it. :confounded: .. :joy::mask:

Haha just contact me if you get some more and you're willing to donate.
  • Options
    DrifterMickeyDrifterMickey Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 3,286 Posts
    I'm sorry kinda new to this new setup y'all making what is this about?
  • Options

I'm sorry kinda new to this new setup y'all making what is this about?

Read the original thread post. I think I explained it pretty well.
  • Options
    The_Rumor_TrollThe_Rumor_Troll Registered Users 140 Posts
    Silly idea in my opinion. The mods do their job here, we can only do so much though, Glu admins have the final say in all matters.

Creating another forum will be a waste of money due to lack of affiliation to Glu, people want authenticity. They want to feel safe. Ryyst has made a post in the unsupported trades section regarding new action ideas on that forum that perhaps you all should go read and comment on.
  • Options

Silly idea in my opinion. The mods do their job here, we can only do so much though, Glu admins have the final say in all matters.

Creating another forum will be a waste of money due to lack of affiliation to Glu, people want authenticity. They want to feel safe. Ryyst has made a post in the unsupported trades section regarding new action ideas on that forum that perhaps you all should go read and comment on.

Don't mean to be rude, but this sounds like something a typical staff member on here would say.

Fact is, you do your job, but your job doesn't cover what we want. That's why we're leaving.

People want to feel safe, yeah they do. Does the forum they're on matter? Absolutely not. Does the amount of scam reports matter? Totally! The admins don't give a crap if 10000 scams happen a day. That's not safe. That's why this ISNT a silly idea.
  • Options
    Bump still looking for money.
  • Options
    Bump
  • Options
    Bump. Still need donations!
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Will def donate if I can spare some cash soon bro, I don't spend much money on games at all and haven't bought any cars with PP yet, but I'll work on trying to get a donation up.
  • Options

Will def donate if I can spare some cash soon bro, I don't spend much money on games at all and haven't bought any cars with PP yet, but I'll work on trying to get a donation up.

Wow that's some real dedication man! I lost my only turf last week but I'm recovering so hopefully I can sell off all my good cars and get a few bucks!
  • Options
    Last bump before bed.
  • Options
    rrob-zotirrob-zoti Registered Users 84 Posts
    Lol the worse idea ever to say the true to run a different community forum... Why is that? Let me try and explain it i. Some simple steps.

1- after u pay for all said above domain and the forum software licence u need...
    2- hosting and a hosting provider... Which can be...
    3- really expensive due to ur incomming traffic... Lets get a free hosting... Very bad idea, why?
    4- free hosting companies wants to make money not loose money and once u spend more traffic and mysql database they soon lock ur website and u cant get ur database either...
    5- what that means, oh well bye bye ur usernames and all the data already saved.
    6- how much a hosting will cost me? Pffff depends on alot of things and one thing u need is a good programmer, a good webmaster and staff to cover and moderate.

In other words the worse idea ever that someone can come up with on moving to a different forum with no webmasters, no real programmers, no real coders, no real staff, alot of expenses to run it and no way on getting traffic in (i mean no way of advertising that forum in order to get players in)

Facebook oh well there is already tons of pages up there and very legit people who runs them u just have to work ur way into being legit and keep it legit to get into them.

• Options
    @rrob-zoti not sure where you get your info brotha but I've been a webmaster for ten years and a fully functioning website with a forum and thousands of users can be built, hosted, and kept running for under $200 initially and less than $75 annually.
  • Options
    rrob-zotirrob-zoti Registered Users 84 Posts
    @chrisjrab59 sorry bro i have got 10 years that im not managing any vbulletin forums (which at that time was the most reliable platform of forums due to hacks and exploits on other forum software brands)

Why do u think pictures are not allowed to be uploaded in here? Due to storage and mysql database to keep the costs low.

U looking to make smth better than in here and i can assure u that u wont make smth better than what u already got in here, i can even bet u 50$ than within 6-12months that forum will die and it will be left u and ur staff and a few loyal friends trying to trade on it.

1- u got no way of incomming traffic
    2- u got nothing to offer (because scammers will just make their way in there too)
    3- u will face the same problem that u got in here by answering reports of scamming and trying to prove who is lying or not.

Im in facebook pages that has 1000+ members and let me tell u smth alot of legit people have had enough of all the hacks, cracks, exploits, cheaters, stealers etc and that cie/glu or whoever is administrating this just doesnt care becaUse they r not interested on your sales but on their sales... They doesnt care if u make money or u loose money... U can spent 200-500$ on making the website but u will face same problems as in here.

However if u make it to get the website up i will still be around in 6-12months and we see where u at if u decide to take my bet on.

Ive run forums, administrated them, coded them, managed hosts, sold hosts, managed servers etc etc just to much time consuming and due to lack of staff and people you will be forced to shut it down or u will be left with that choice.

All the best on your project and i hope u get ur american dream come true.
  • Options
    Stoner ProblemsStoner Problems Registered Users 6,064 Posts
    Why is this guy mad haha ^
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Ign: Quit Complaining
    Ign: J3T L1FE
    Ign: boosted917
  • Options
    TaeyeonR34TaeyeonR34 Registered Users 548 Posts
    Don't think he's mad. Just trying to be real.
  • Options
    eXxPLoSiOneXxPLoSiOn Registered Users 844 Posts
    I've already done this before. The people that use this forum are to stupid to use something that would make their lives easier. They would much rather stick to what is already there under their nose then switch to something bigger and better.

Good luck to you though!
    www.VideoGamesUnderground.com
    555R | Nitto 1320 Challenge | Nitto Legends | Fueled Racing | Racing Rivals

1 of 13 Devils
    2015 Players Council Member
    2016 Players Council Member
    2018 Players Summit Member

#VGUSesko
  • Options
    vladdroidvladdroid Registered Users 1,322 Posts
    edited October 2015
    Lol bro @shtoobie i pledge 20 bucks right off the bat if it's a sussecful forums lol, and* if it's a a killer, I alone will toss 35$ cold hard cash

*spelling correction
  • Options
    Lol at 35$, would be great to be an admin :wink: and u all know I'm legit and fair. Lol :blush: :tongue: :wink: :innocent:
  • Options
  • Options
    yeliseyyelisey Registered Users 735 Posts
    @vladdroid I already messaged him about it 20-30 bucks if we make it successful but also I feel like the ppl that r giving their money for a new forum should have some kind of majority or like a moderater or even an administrator.
  • Options
    Yup. I think 30 bucks should land as admin, provided they r respectul, responsible, legit people, known by other popular dealers