Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

A new forum! 150$ Raised of 150$

Comments

• Options
    vladdroidvladdroid Registered Users 1,322 Posts
  • Options
    Moderator should be for respected legit big time dealers, admin should be to big time dealers who donated 30 bucks, and the guy who made the forums in the beginning lol
  • Options
    yeliseyyelisey Registered Users 735 Posts
    Right
  • Options
    Caboose1744Caboose1744 Registered Users 13,341 Posts
    ^
    What's up beautiful?
  • Options
    So 65$ just from me and Yelisey alone lol
  • Options
    DrifterMickeyDrifterMickey Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 3,286 Posts
    I have no money sadly you guys but would love to be a mod or admin on new forum to help you out!
  • Options
    shtoobieshtoobie Registered Users 7,944 Posts
    rrob-zoti said:

Lol the worse idea ever to say the true to run a different community forum... Why is that? Let me try and explain it i. Some simple steps.

1- after u pay for all said above domain and the forum software licence u need...
    2- hosting and a hosting provider... Which can be...
    3- really expensive due to ur incomming traffic... Lets get a free hosting... Very bad idea, why?
    4- free hosting companies wants to make money not loose money and once u spend more traffic and mysql database they soon lock ur website and u cant get ur database either...
    5- what that means, oh well bye bye ur usernames and all the data already saved.
    6- how much a hosting will cost me? Pffff depends on alot of things and one thing u need is a good programmer, a good webmaster and staff to cover and moderate.

In other words the worse idea ever that someone can come up with on moving to a different forum with no webmasters, no real programmers, no real coders, no real staff, alot of expenses to run it and no way on getting traffic in (i mean no way of advertising that forum in order to get players in)

Facebook oh well there is already tons of pages up there and very legit people who runs them u just have to work ur way into being legit and keep it legit to get into them.

rrob-zoti said:

@chrisjrab59 sorry bro i have got 10 years that im not managing any vbulletin forums (which at that time was the most reliable platform of forums due to hacks and exploits on other forum software brands)

Why do u think pictures are not allowed to be uploaded in here? Due to storage and mysql database to keep the costs low.

U looking to make smth better than in here and i can assure u that u wont make smth better than what u already got in here, i can even bet u 50$ than within 6-12months that forum will die and it will be left u and ur staff and a few loyal friends trying to trade on it.

1- u got no way of incomming traffic
    2- u got nothing to offer (because scammers will just make their way in there too)
    3- u will face the same problem that u got in here by answering reports of scamming and trying to prove who is lying or not.

Im in facebook pages that has 1000+ members and let me tell u smth alot of legit people have had enough of all the hacks, cracks, exploits, cheaters, stealers etc and that cie/glu or whoever is administrating this just doesnt care becaUse they r not interested on your sales but on their sales... They doesnt care if u make money or u loose money... U can spent 200-500$ on making the website but u will face same problems as in here.

However if u make it to get the website up i will still be around in 6-12months and we see where u at if u decide to take my bet on.

Ive run forums, administrated them, coded them, managed hosts, sold hosts, managed servers etc etc just to much time consuming and due to lack of staff and people you will be forced to shut it down or u will be left with that choice.

All the best on your project and i hope u get ur american dream come true.

So, I just woke up.

1. I encourage you to read my original post before commenting, as there was absolutely NO mention of using a free domain?

2. Well that was about your only point other than trafficking. Which can be optimized and with our already large user number, I'm sure this will get some good organic traffic to boost our Google search
  • Options
    chrisjrab59chrisjrab59 Registered Users 544 Posts
    @shtoobie bango.
  • Options
    Stoner ProblemsStoner Problems Registered Users 6,064 Posts

Don't think he's mad. Just trying to be real.

Did you not read everything he said haha
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Ign: Quit Complaining
    Ign: J3T L1FE
    Ign: boosted917
  • Options
    TaeyeonR34TaeyeonR34 Registered Users 548 Posts
    Why don't you try making a subreddit for trading before blowing $100+ on a site where there's no guarantee of it being a worthwhile investment? At the very least, you'll find out if people are willing to move on to a different site to trade.

Example:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensiveTrade/

https://www.reddit.com/r/help/comments/2yob6r/creating_a_subreddit/

It's free.

If you'd like more ideas on how to pull this off, feel free to PM me.
  • Options
    KingklutzKingklutz Registered Users 3,510 Posts
    What if hackers are members of glu and that's why they don't do shite... Think about it, someone loses their car, they spend real money to get it back...
  • Options
    edited October 2015

Why don't you try making a subreddit for trading before blowing $100+ on a site where there's no guarantee of it being a worthwhile investment? At the very least, you'll find out if people are willing to move on to a different site to trade.

Example:

https://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensiveTrade/

https://www.reddit.com/r/help/comments/2yob6r/creating_a_subreddit/

It's free.

If you'd like more ideas on how to pull this off, feel free to PM me.

Again please don't be offended if anything I say makes you feel like this, it isn't intentional.

We have the people, 90% of comments on here are saying this is what we want. We DO want this. We are getting the money. This is an issue that could be valid if people were against this, but they aren't! This is what WE want, not just me. Read all the comments.

As per reddit, it doesn't give us all the customization we need, nor can it effectively deal with scammers.

And IMHO it looks plain ugly

Please note that I still appreciate the feedback, I just don't agree with it personally.
  • Options
    yelisey said:

@vladdroid I already messaged him about it 20-30 bucks if we make it successful but also I feel like the ppl that r giving their money for a new forum should have some kind of majority or like a moderater or even an administrator.

vladdroid said:

Yup. I think 30 bucks should land as admin, provided they r respectul, responsible, legit people, known by other popular dealers

Without disclosing too much info as id rather keep it a surprise at this time, I will say this.

Very few people are going to be admins. Why? Because an admin manages the site itself. And we really don't need people doing that aside from me and maybe one other person .

Mods? Yeah. There's going to be about 5 or 6 available positions, and donating will greatly improve your chances at getting picked as initial moderators.
  • Options
    We are now only 30 dollars away from the base price we need!!
  • Options
    CodeOverflowCodeOverflow Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 236 Posts
    How the hell people are allowed to have this here in this forum is beyond me.
  • Options

How the hell people are allowed to have this here in this forum is beyond me.

Let's not give them any ideas now :)
  • Options
    Bump
  • Options
    Bump. Only 30 bucks left!
  • Options
    If I don't get a main role in this active forums we r gonna make then I don't even want to donate. Just saying. If I do u got 20-30 from me
  • Options
    yelisey said:

If I don't get a main role in this active forums we r gonna make then I don't even want to donate. Just saying. If I do u got 20-30 from me

Well bro the money is appreciated but if your only doing this for yourself than that's not necessarily the kind of people that are needed as a mod. You seem like a great guy so please don't take this the wrong way. I guess I'm just trying to say that this is a community thing riyht? We're in this for everyone or else we don't have a forum haha
  • Options
    Bump
  • Options
    iSpell4LifeiSpell4Life Registered Users 1,780 Posts
    bump :)
  • Options
    AsandovaI23AsandovaI23 Registered Users 20 Posts
    I have 8 mcdonald certificates for buy one get one free(cheeseburger), can i be an admin or mod? let me know, i can mail the certificates to u.
  • Options

I have 8 mcdonald certificates for buy one get one free(cheeseburger), can i be an admin or mod? let me know, i can mail the certificates to u.

Imposter. I'll be sure to ban you in the new forum.
  • Options
    I understand what @yelisey is trying to say though, he doesn't want to be used, like his money just taken and he doesn't benefit in any way from donating to a new forums
  • Options
    And honesly beo, I think he has a valid point (with the following in mind.....provided that the donator is an awesome person who can be trusted to not abuse his powers)
  • Options
    iSpell4LifeiSpell4Life Registered Users 1,780 Posts
    To the top
  • Options
    merk210merk210 Registered Users 3,038 Posts
    Hope you're more successful than the last guy that tried this u seen this? @Hello Hi Hi
  • Options
    vIadroiddvIadroidd Registered Users 4 Posts
    @shtoobie I really think you should just dip with these cash flowing in, its not worth it to run a forum. Just blow it up bro!!
  • Options
    I agree with @vladdroid last comment not the one he tagged me in. And how to u quote comments?