Options

#OneVoiceTSB

Comments

• Options
    retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    Well, there's no moving down! 😁
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Well, there's no moving down! 😁
    I'm a tad conservative. I waited to confirm Monday's WoH pitchers before I made the jump. Just sayin! lol
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited June 2019
    DFBB 
    making the game easier just isn't at the top(or middle) of my list. 

Well, we were saying the difficulty level is about what we think it should be. Not that we think it’s too hard.

I wasnt saying it’s too hard or that it’s too easy, I was saying it’s a non-issue and would be a waste of time to make any adjustments there. So yes, I am glad that’s not on your list!
  • Options
    navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    DFBB said:
    @JEDDDOGGY Just to address what you wrote:

-It still boggles my mind that classic WoH on Mondays is easier now than when the game launched(3 months ago). I understand that diamond players represent a very small percentage of players, but they don't face a single diamond pitcher on Monday's classic....and it's been that way since the game launched. 

This is a relief as I went Diamond before Wednesday’s Royale. I was able to cycle enough to get Beatty to Plat 10, but wasn’t able to get him to Diamond. I had to use a little gold to get passed Sale and Arrieta cause I didn’t have any Diamond bats. I am hoping to get Monday’s WOH prize to Diamond 10 as well as Pence and Meadows if I can earn enough XP.
  • Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    TheBunny said:
    JEDDDOGGY said:

The $100 pitcher this week (Mad Max) that was the big bonus pissed off even a lot of the big spenders. We need to work on how expensive some of this stuff is. There's no reason for people to pay $100 for imaginary game items. If you wanted Max this week, you needed $100 to buy him and then probably $100 more for the XP to level him up. Even a lot of whales are quitting the game because it is getting too expensive even for their tastes.
    Why would I spend $30 or $100 on a player that will do me no good tomorrow? You might say, "Well, he'll be a good addition to the team." There's no such thing as a "good addition" anymore. Streaking doesn't matter anymore. Building doesn't matter. BONUS is ALL that matters. It's dumb. 
    Well you have no idea what a good addition can do for your team. If bonus is all that matters to you, then you don’t understand how a great Ace can change your life. I don’t play this game for the points at all.

case in point. 320 Bellinger. Paid $29.99 for him. He is now a sub on my team after he played over 16,000 games. 

He he helped me to start cycling walk-off.  It is because of that purchase that I have the team I have today. He gave me Dahl, who gave me the next player, who gave me the next player. Buying a great walk-off player changed the game for me this year. That got me ahead of the curve. My team was built from that purchase of a player who was only a bonus player for a weekend, but was a bonus for me for 2+ months. 

An Ace in diamond can be the difference between you winning a tournament, or wasting 30,000 for a tournament. (By the way, I got the Arrieta from walk-off because of the players Bellinger helped me to get). 
  • Options
    UltimateWarriorUltimateWarrior Registered Users, Member 543 Posts
    I see a lot of complaining on multiple post, but I’m sure those that are doing it still play the game. There’s a lot of good guys on here who give advice and teach you to be smarter players. You can spend little to none and still be successful at this game, you just have to work the system. You want more PXP, get in a better club that lands top 5, watch videos for gold even if there’s a limit to buy boxes. Be smarter with PXP on who you upgrade and stop dumping a ton of XP into every bonus player you get. You can bring them up to silver 5 and still score bonus points. You can get boxes in CVC. To many ways to get better and not have to spend. You want to get good quick, spend, if you don’t mind the grind then Make the game work for you
  • Options
    dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    @JEDDDOGGY Thank you for saying these things.

In regards to WoH, I've learned a lot from guys here, especially you, @DFBB , @Houmy , @benny100 and @Bigpredfan but just cause it seems easy for someone that can cycle 2 dozen times doesn't mean it should be across the board more difficult for everyone. Push for a VIP only WoH event or something.

We see people posting all the time how hard it is still. You also need to take into consideration some of you have been playing 3 iterations of this game! I just started in November '18 knowing nothing and have figured things out as I went. Don't blow team building for those of us that have a strat now, please!
  • Options
    Very wise! I'll have to ask you guys if any changes are made on Monday. 🤞🏻
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,722 Posts
     Bigpredfan is 100% correct. Building a team though woh is the way to go and if 29.99 gets you over the hump then it’s well worth it. Most is us haven’t played 16000 games but a relevant player can stay on your team for 2 months
  • Options
    2003cobra said:
     Bigpredfan is 100% correct. Building a team though woh is the way to go and if 29.99 gets you over the hump then it’s well worth it. Most is us haven’t played 16000 games but a relevant player can stay on your team for 2 months
    I might cry when this guy doesn’t make my roster and gets traded in 

• Options
    TheBunny said:
    JEDDDOGGY said:

The $100 pitcher this week (Mad Max) that was the big bonus pissed off even a lot of the big spenders. We need to work on how expensive some of this stuff is. There's no reason for people to pay $100 for imaginary game items. If you wanted Max this week, you needed $100 to buy him and then probably $100 more for the XP to level him up. Even a lot of whales are quitting the game because it is getting too expensive even for their tastes.
    Why would I spend $30 or $100 on a player that will do me no good tomorrow? You might say, "Well, he'll be a good addition to the team." There's no such thing as a "good addition" anymore. Streaking doesn't matter anymore. Building doesn't matter. BONUS is ALL that matters. It's dumb. 
    Well you have no idea what a good addition can do for your team. If bonus is all that matters to you, then you don’t understand how a great Ace can change your life. I don’t play this game for the points at all.

case in point. 320 Bellinger. Paid $29.99 for him. He is now a sub on my team after he played over 16,000 games. 

He he helped me to start cycling walk-off.  It is because of that purchase that I have the team I have today. He gave me Dahl, who gave me the next player, who gave me the next player. Buying a great walk-off player changed the game for me this year. That got me ahead of the curve. My team was built from that purchase of a player who was only a bonus player for a weekend, but was a bonus for me for 2+ months. 

An Ace in diamond can be the difference between you winning a tournament, or wasting 30,000 for a tournament. (By the way, I got the Arrieta from walk-off because of the players Bellinger helped me to get). 
    Hell yeah. I've bought 1 player, Rizzo from when Cubs box came out and have just now found a replacement though he will be a sub for WoH for weeks to come still. Well worth the investment even though his ratings are exceeded now. Doesn't change the facet he was crucial in building my team.
  • Options
    TheBunny said:
    JEDDDOGGY said:

Hell yeah. I've bought 1 player, Rizzo from when Cubs box came out and have just now found a replacement though he will be a sub for WoH for weeks to come still. Well worth the investment even though his ratings are exceeded now. Doesn't change the facet he was crucial in building my team.
    Another great purchase. RHP and RISP skill at a position that all of a sudden became harder to replace. I just replaced him Wednesday and he was the only batter I didn’t have at diamond 10 (he was diamond 1). 
  • Options
    TheBunnyTheBunny Registered Users, Member 41 Posts
    TheBunny said:
    JEDDDOGGY said:

You’re obviously missing what I’m saying. The way the game is built, bonus is all that matters day to day. That’s the only way to win. You can’t win with a “good ace.” You can win games, but you won’t win events. You need new players every day to win events.
  • Options
    BigHurtBigHurt Registered Users, Member 157 Posts
    edited June 2019
    Honestly, can we agree to just leave woh where it's at for Monday and Wednesday? Do I dislike the difficulty of more recent Wednesday's, yes. But imo it is probably where it should be. Do I like where the current warm-up, classic, all-star, hall-of-fame levels are as of now, yes! And these are likely subject to change (periodic bumps upward in difficulty level). 

The last thing I want is for the developers to start tweaking everything again, making every woh day a total guess on predictability of difficulty.

I'm just one player, but woh is the only vehicle which moves my team in any appreciable manner, so if I can least predict what woh is going to be like on a given day, I can at least plan accordingly.  
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    TheBunny said:
    TheBunny said:
    JEDDDOGGY said:

You’re obviously missing what I’m saying. The way the game is built, bonus is all that matters day to day. That’s the only way to win. You can’t win with a “good ace.” You can win games, but you won’t win events. You need new players every day to win events.
    You are obviously missing what I’m saying. I don’t care about winning events. I care about winning games. 

When you pkay tournaments and bonus bonus games everyday, more than event starts other than WOH, I couldn’t care less about the points. I get more from cycling walk-off than all the event rewards combined. 

The one event I care about placing high is bonus game day for the leveling discount over the weekend. For that I need bonus games, which come from tournaments, for which you need a good ace to win them consistently. 

When you cycle diamond 6 7 times in the last 8 days like I have, you will get the bonus player for that day without issue. 

You said you can win games, but you won’t win events. Good of luck winning events if you can’t win games. 
  • Options
    MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Yes, $100 for a player is absurd in my mind. Unfortunately for me, people are paying that so I don't see the prices coming down.
    Exactly right and looks like starting this week, the $30 players became $50 players.  The envelope will keep getting pushed and I can't really blame them for it.  At the same time you definitely dont need these players if you are wanting to build a solid team but they sure make it easier.
  • Options
    Dang predator did u take a day off from cycling d6? Oh wait must not have done it on Monday 
  • Options
    Yes, $100 for a player is absurd in my mind. Unfortunately for me, people are paying that so I don't see the prices coming down.
    Exactly right and looks like starting this week, the $30 players became $50 players.  The envelope will keep getting pushed and I can't really blame them for it.  At the same time you definitely dont need these players if you are wanting to build a solid team but they sure make it easier.
    I actually messaged CS about this. I want the 3B player, but he is only available in the bundle 

• Options
    edited June 2019
    2003cobra said:
    Dang predator did u take a day off from cycling d6? Oh wait must not have done it on Monday 
    Not Monday, but I doubled up on the prime event Tuesday. Took Wednesday off and then didn’t double up yesterday. Took a break at the end. Lol. I’m sitting at around 675/1000. Could do that in an hour if I wanted to 
  • Options

Especially considering 3b is a positional holdout for bxp players. Only decent ones have come from specials that I can think of. They know what they are doing....
  • Options
    MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    edited June 2019
    I actually messaged CS about this. I want the 3B player, but he is only available in the bundle 

Yea it happened with Bregman earlier this week and thought maybe it was random but now to see it again this weekend I sense a theme.  My hunch is this is a result of a lot of people buying the Ketel Marte for $30 last weekend.  I cant say I blame them, he was good and the 2x lefty skill is desired by a lot.   So putting these things together it wouldn't be a surprise to see $50 be the new norm for a player.   Its just the reality of the situation
  • Options
    2003cobra said:
    Not Monday, but I doubled up on the prime event Tuesday. Took Wednesday off and then didn’t double up yesterday. Took a break at the end. Lol. I’m sitting at around 675/1000. Could do that in an hour if I wanted to 
    What a slacker.  I’m not sure if I hit 17000games in 2018 and you’re already there in 19. Can I give you my login info and help me out a little?
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    😂 I had a long conversation in my head on whether or not I should buy Urshela for $30. After a while, I decided to take another look at his stats to see if it would be worth it. Once I realized it was $50, and not $30, the decision to not purchase him became extremely easy 🙃
  • Options
    2003cobra said:
    2003cobra said:
    What a slacker.  I’m not sure if I hit 17000games in 2018 and you’re already there in 19. Can I give you my login info and help me out a little?
    Sorry buddy, thumb is in a cast :(. Too much help for a friend yesterday. He won’t even cover the medical expenses SMH 
  • Options
    Doesn’t sound like much a friend
  • Options
    2003cobra said:
    Doesn’t sound like much a friend
    I know!  You would think that medical expenses for the PXP he got for 1st place is an even trade....
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    😂 I had a long conversation in my head on whether or not I should buy Urshela for $30. After a while, I decided to take another look at his stats to see if it would be worth it. Once I realized it was $50, and not $30, the decision to not purchase him became extremely easy 🙃
    Not urshellin' that many clams out, amiright?!

• Options
    TheBunny said:
    TheBunny said:
    JEDDDOGGY said:

What are you getting out of events that makes you say that's all the game is about? I don't get it.
  • Options
    BlackFang4BlackFang4 Registered Users, Member 515 Posts
    TheBunny said:
    TheBunny said:
    JEDDDOGGY said:

Who says you need to win events? Events give trivial amounts of pxp unless you absolutely grind out first every day, and the XP is similarly scant. The gold and other supplies earned are far less than what you put into the event. So maybe try something new and don't play events. Find a nice club to wreck cvc in, and forget the events. They aren't worth the gold and effort compared to cycling d6 or preparing to do so.
  • Options
    TheBunnyTheBunny Registered Users, Member 41 Posts
    I do that already @BlackFang4. I only play events Monday/Wednesday.