Options

~ Apropos of Nuthin'

Comments

• Options
    CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    I think it's the number of posts. Until I reached 50, I was a New member. Then I got promoted to the Junior designation. Then after 100 posts, I'm an experienced member. Now Vats has crossed the 500 milestone, he's advanced. And maybe after 1000, you become a senior. :p

Edit: Okay I'm not sure if you guys were actually asking or just passing time. I tried to help with my experience. And I'm not Mr. Know-it-all :p
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
  • Options
    LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    The joke is that 'member' can be a euphemism for something interesting in English. Don't you ever read sappy women's romance novels, dude? <no, of course you don't>

Of course, now that I've explained this, I'll have to remove it.
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19

• Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Yeah yeah I got that Charli, but you're an angel and Luz is a dirty dirty girl so I always try to find double meanings on her comments!

Edit: I knew it!!!!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,114 Posts
    Ok, yes, I had a momentary rant, I complained about Glu not delivering all the stars I bought, It was a rant. It felt good to get out, and I know it will all work out in the end.

Luz check your pms?
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    I checked my pms, yo. That sounds like I'm a cranky bish, though. Maybe I am.

• Options
    AlkoholiksAlkoholiks Registered Users 545 Posts
    xXLucyXx wrote: »
    I had to google who he was - I also learned where your GC name comes from! :cool:

i was a huge fan. it was an awesome show.
    no i don't have any chill
  • Options
    Okay, I am so hugely relieved right now! I used to be one of those idiots who would just transfer my two games back and forth between whatever devices I had lying around. I just never thought much of it at all. Did I want to see one game on the larger iPad mini screen today? Sure, why not, I'd just move the other into the iPod Touch. No problem, or so I stupidly thought.

But then I was really rattled by a particular player's loss of a game during the transfer from one iPhone to another, and I stopped with all the moving around.

Now it's many months later, and my elderly iPod Touch can't hold a charge anymore, and is doing all kinds of other senile things, like refusing to quit or force-quit! How is that even possible, refusing to force-quit?!?

But I just received my new iPod Touch today <I love music, audiobooks and podcasts and find the Touch is perfect for that stuff>. I casually started the process of moving everything into it, but couldn't for the life of me get KKH to wake up with my Stellan game loaded. Just that ominous start screen with no game options listed. I was trying to go about my evening calmly-- making dinner, bathing the kids -- in between my furtive deletings of everything on the new IPod Touch and new attempts to load a back-up of my dying one. I was starting to lose hope and just telling myself that I'd be cool about starting over with one of my games. Yeah, right! I'm no Noona or Charli. I'd be a miserable a55 about it.

So anyway, I tried one more time to back-up less of the stuff from the old Touch <I was starting to think the darn thing couldn't transmit info correctly in its death throes>, and I chose one or two settings differently, and the whole thing worked! Totally fine now! But I was already agonizing over whether some kid at the Genius Bar would actually listen to me, care, and know what to do. See, I have this app that receives new music for runners every week, and even though I gave it the same status in my iCloud back-up that I gave KKH, KKH came through okay, but the runner's app doesn't have my previous downloads retained! So random. Of course, the runner's app finished back-up loading first, so I opened it and mostly lost hope with my final idea to fix the problem. Still, when I opened KKH this one last time, it booted up forever and then Stellan was standing there, being hounded by the fiancée's breakup phone call.

I need a drink.

• Options
    Oh my. I thought you sounded a little distracted. Can't believe I missed this for 2 days. THe thought of losing Stellan. I just can't take it. Right now Jedi and Stellan are my two highest not yet maxed contacts. I love multitasking. I stack them up one in one gig, one in the other and I run back and forth like a crazy doll between the two. You know, if it were just a little more open minded, maybe we could could call 2 dolls out to play at a time. ;)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Hi Koko! Well, he wouldn't have been totally gone, though he would have lost all of the suits and jackets I've earned/bought, which would've been a maddening blow. I'd just make him again. But after the complications with dear Sassi, who I still see as a generic doll in my game, I feel some dread at the thought of re-establishing GC connections. But now that I think of it, you once wrote that you knew how she could've been fixed. Something about her restarting with new information in hand. And if I had been restarting my boy anyway, maybe you could've helped me...

When was the last time you talked to Sassi, anyway? Miss her! I hope she's still lurking about sometimes... Sassi!!!

I can't believe you're stacking men like that! Or maybe I totally can. You'll never be any good. How goes the event? I've gotten the gift boxes, that's all. Think I'm in trouble. I want the earner jacket for Stellan so I can pretend he's Harrison Ford as the nerdy professor Indiana Jones. Edit: but there's no way in hell it's happening! I see that now. Oh well! There's always next week.

image.jpg1_zpspotkigus.jpg

• Options
    nah, I'm letting the event pass me by. I'm just stopping. I've been working all day, and my highest game is up to 102. ANd I'm going to be up all night trying to finish these 8 hour gigs that I have to get passed. 8 hours and I get 20 stars. No friends to invite, and these tasks must be done because Simon won't call till they're done. Seriously nothing giving a karp. I've got my slitty looking lace dresses and Labia shirts, so I'm all set. Wake me on monday. ok?

Yeah, and if you ever have to restart......go in with a new Game Center ID. I'll add you as a brand new person, (witness protection) and then you won't be grayed out in stone. ANd, you won't be wearing pedantic generic clothes.

And if I had any doubts about trashing canning this weekend - having just finished an 8 hour pay next to nothing junk job that had to be done, I see my next up gig is another 8 hour. So that will have to wait till tomorrow morning. Plus, Simon just gave me another 8 hour gig to be done after the next 8 hour gig. So, Seriously. This is not a fluke, it's on all 3 games.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    labia shirts & moose knuckle....this is why i rather enjoy the lot of you :)

speaking of Sassi i wonder if she deleted kimk in the icloud save menu, played a bit and then reenabled it, if we could see her again. the way SAM is dressed today i should make an appearance in the tacky thread.
  • Options
    At Koko: Definitely not a fluke. This event is bad. I might flail away to see if I can get the purse since I'm a bag fetishist, but my heart's not in it. Whatever. I need to take my kids to a birthday party tomorrow anyway, and I'm building raised beds to plant a garden, too. I'll probably bum around here occasionally cuz that's still fun, but blurgh on the rest of it! Sleep well, chickie!

• Options
    Oh SAM! Uh...um... That's confusing. I'm conditioned to like looking at him, but at the moment, well. Meep. Bizarro SAM! Wait-- is he some kind of urban pirate or something? You do have an actual pirate costume somewhere, right? This looks like the guy who dogs you at a bad dive bar.

a24e3295-0aca-4cf8-aa9f-8e0753c5bd7d_zpsmeiuwfdv.jpg

He'd be good for a lost weekend that you didn't spill to girlfriends, I think. Yeah, why don't you give me your number? I'll just keep mine to myself.

• Options
    some Pakistani ladyboy chippendale type character invaded the game. i don't know whats going on

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PeJmYtwuggw[/video]
  • Options
    Oh god, that's one of the best SNL bits ever. Farley almost sells it through sheer exertion alone. I adored them both! Blackburn, why, w*f?

You know what? I probably fell asleep in the midst of one of those protracted "eight hour" gigs and am dreaming this crazy exchange of posts while I drool onto my iPad. I'm now dreaming about forum chatting with you. I may need to get professional help of some kind.

• Options
    hey Luzy, fellow purse fanatic, you've heard of Astro Lady boy right? Astro Boy Lady? I forgot which. Google her. She has a collection that makes my head explode. I'm tired. I have to sleep. I'll try for the bag but I really want the shoes, and I really really wanted dressed to buy.

Sam honey, you gots to go back to your usual great looking Doll, doll. See you in the morning. ;)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    I tried googling those words and found backpacks with pictures of AstroBoy on them, as well as sites with space-themed costumed Asian males with unusual characteristics. You've truly broadened my horizons here. Now I'm really needing to clear my internet history in case the husband decides to borrow my iPad. Off to do that right now! Koko, you're trouble!

And I thought the posts with Alkohoilks were odd.

• Options
    got to level 33 over the weekend. 2 more left to grind.

Apple P looks like she got herself together again :)

image.jpg1_3.jpg
  • Options
    Alkoholiks wrote: »
    got to level 33 over the weekend. 2 more left to grind.

Apple P looks like she got herself together again :)

image.jpg1_3.jpg

You are looking good too Alk. I didn't want to say much while you were blonde, but Puterhead K is blonde, and little Baba is blonde, so it was freaking watching you be blonde. I was like "Oh no Puterhead, what are you doing here? THis is much better. lol
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    PolkaDotPolkaDot Registered Users 1,226 Posts
    Just wanted to say thank you for the literal LOL. I nearly did a spit-take.
    LuzVarias wrote: »
    Oh SAM! Uh...um... That's confusing. I'm conditioned to like looking at him, but at the moment, well. Meep. Bizarro SAM! Wait-- is he some kind of urban pirate or something? You do have an actual pirate costume somewhere, right? This looks like the guy who dogs you at a bad dive bar.

a24e3295-0aca-4cf8-aa9f-8e0753c5bd7d_zpsmeiuwfdv.jpg

He'd be good for a lost weekend that you didn't spill to girlfriends, I think. Yeah, why don't you give me your number? I'll just keep mine to myself.
  • Options
    LuzVarias wrote: »
    I tried googling those words and found backpacks with pictures of AstroBoy on them, as well as sites with space-themed costumed Asian males with unusual characteristics. You've truly broadened my horizons here. Now I'm really needing to clear my internet history in case the husband decides to borrow my iPad. Off to do that right now! Koko, you're trouble!

And I thought the posts with Alkohoilks were odd.

Her name is Lady Lee Pheungboonpra of Thailand - she is featured on Birkenwatch at blogspot or something, and she picked up the nickname ABL or Astro Boy Lady. Maybe that's died down a little but omg, pictures of all her purses, her birkins. One to match every dress she has ever owned in her very wealthy life.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    so i sort of found a work around for my glitched game. i don't know why i didn't think of it before. i could overwrite Jedi with Sam. the drawbacks would be i'd lose all Jedi's stuff like his good ol fangs. my gc contacts might go a bit screwy and i'd lose all Jedi's npc friends. not sure if i want to go ahead with it but it's an option.

disclaimer: this not something everybody can do and i don't even know if it's a smart thing to try
  • Options
    So then the pros for this would be that you might get back Jedi's ability to get quests again, and hold onto his progress in levels?

It'd be shame if Jedi somehow became one of those blue star contacts who the rest of us couldn't really interact with anymore. And the fangs-- I still wish I hadn't restarted and lost my fangs, and the other earliest exclusive stuff. <stupidly did it to myself in the fall...>

But if it's driving you crazy that he can't make progress...

• Options
    I just want to say, it's kind of James Bond-ish the way he's going to go in and save Jedi's world like that. But I shudder to think he's going to lose his fangs. AppleP has them too. Maybe she'll have to turn him again. But she'd be melancholy over the possibility of walking around with another Dead Man (like Sassy. Sigh. Her Star is purple, she has no rank, but I still work with the corpse coz she's my friend) but she'd lose her Vampire friend if it meant he'd have a full life again.

And the fangs......sigh I'm not gonna be the one to tell AppleP he's not eternal anymore, she can be one crazy Bish when you rile her, but she'll get over it. But if the game has to come back as a new game, then....is it possible to set him up in witness protection? You know, give him a new GC ID and full new game credentials, like diff apple account whatever it takes.? I really think if Sassy had come back as Tassy of Sashy we could have hooked up with her, since she was a brand new contact.

So, IF you lose Jedi, rather than getting all new friends, please consider giving him a brand new ID so we won't lose him? Hey, if he comes back as new Jedi, AppleP can tell him all kinds of things, and say "Oh that's what we did before the amnesia" (I'm watching a married with children episode, and peggy has amnesia so they tell the Queen of the Shopping Channel that she cooks, and cleans, and she believes it. lol)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    NoonaluvfoodNoonaluvfood Registered Users 1,252 Posts
    Hello guys!
    Ik I said I would be back for the party...and then I didn't show up that's because I was working.
    But I also now have my GC set up so I can add you all! Now we can play together!!! Yay! But I did have to reset my game to get it to this point...oh well I wasn't that far anyways. So I will try to add you all!
    Sometimes you just have to roll with it.:cool:
    Feel free to PM :)

GC: Hey guys can't add any friends, I have to work out an issue I am having with accepting friend requests on GC. Thanks anyways!
  • Options
    xXLucyXxxXLucyXx Registered Users 1,077 Posts
    Hello guys!
    Ik I said I would be back for the party...and then I didn't show up that's because I was working.
    But I also now have my GC set up so I can add you all! Now we can play together!!! Yay! But I did have to reset my game to get it to this point...oh well I wasn't that far anyways. So I will try to add you all!

OMGee Noona! I deleted KKH because it was stressing me out but when I got your add I was like oh I want to play again so I can see Noona :) idk I might get my game back and just see how I go. Glad you got your GC sorted in the end :)
    GC: { Lucyxx }
  • Options
    xXLucyXx wrote: »
    OMGee Noona! I deleted KKH because it was stressing me out but when I got your add I was like oh I want to play again so I can see Noona :) idk I might get my game back and just see how I go. Glad you got your GC sorted in the end :)

Oh wow that is so sweet Lucy!!

I have been waiting for a long time to be able to add people. So I am really excited to be able to play with everyone. This has been a long time coming:D. You look awesome by the way;D

GC: Hey guys can't add any friends, I have to work out an issue I am having with accepting friend requests on GC. Thanks anyways!
  • Options
    FYI: I tried to send almost everyone friend requests for GC. If you didn't get it then plz pm, so I can try to add you again. :) (maybe I should have put this in the gifting thread..)

• Options
    xXLucyXxxXLucyXx Registered Users 1,077 Posts
    Oh wow that is so sweet Lucy!!

I have been waiting for a long time to be able to add people. So I am really excited to be able to play with everyone. This has been a long time coming:D. You look awesome by the way;D

Thanks, you look lovely :) We're off to do an amazing TV commercial at JBN :D
    GC: { Lucyxx }
  • Options
    trevoractortrevoractor Registered Users 1,114 Posts
    FYI: I tried to send almost everyone friend requests for GC. If you didn't get it then plz pm, so I can try to add you again. :) (maybe I should have put this in the gifting thread..)
    I got it and accepted :)
    A+++ Lister // GameCenter: TrevorActor :cool: