Options

~ Apropos of Nuthin'

Comments

• Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Um, everything in product red was red. The color red. Girls got a red shoulder tote, Beat Headphone in Red, and a red tshirt

File%20May%2024%2011%2010%2009%20AM_zpsr9dbvxme.jpeg

And see the logo on the T? Pretty sure guys had that too.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    ๐Ÿฆ‹Purple Headed โ™Š+ ๐Ÿฅฅ Chick Playing iOS & Android ๐Ÿฆ‹
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐ŸŒŸIf you want my attention please send a dm
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    AlkoholiksAlkoholiks Registered Users 545 Posts
    Alkoholiks if you're out there, where did Sam get this top from? J's shrunk in the wash :D

image.jpg1_zpsznrwccej.jpg

i think it was an "earn 5 stars" reward. ahh those were the days
    no i don't have any chill
  • Options
    xXLucyXxxXLucyXx Registered Users 1,077 Posts
    i think it was an "earn 5 stars" reward. ahh those were the days

Oh yeah I think Kim gave us some shoes or something. Then there was some other stuff for completing gigs. Man that was fun it would be nice if they threw in a few more like that occasionally :)
    GC: { Lucyxx }
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    The commentary on the top have shrunk was very funny!

I don't have that either probably was given shortly after the release of the game!
    Viva La Vida ร La Vats!
  • Options
    Wow. I don't remember any of that. Maybe I hated the shoes or something. lol.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    i actually thought it came with these pants but maybe not idk

th_image.jpg1_6.jpg
  • Options
    hum what a mystery!

We must call Charli!
    Viva La Vida ร La Vats!
  • Options
    Vats I might have to campaign for a top like this like you are for your hairstyle! :)

Koko they look like beach sandals with heels, and they have a plain black triangle that goes into a between the toes post (?! I'm so bad at describing clothes :D). They might not be Apple P's style maybe too plain. She looks very nice in her (red) outfit high fashion edge with the shades :)
  • Options
    I always go by you Lucy!

#glugiveusthattop

#anddontforgetmyhair
    Viva La Vida ร La Vats!
  • Options
    Yes! Off to the suggestion thread! Thanks Vats :D
  • Options
    DMV_DollDMV_Doll Registered Users 1,470 Posts
    Just noticed Glu fixed the hight of the left boot. I remember a few people refused to buy them bcuz of that flawed aesthetic.

PhotoGrid_1432509372761_zpsxiaruvul.jpg
    I don't make the rules... I just follow them most of the time ๐Ÿ˜‰

Andriod player
  • Options
    trevoractortrevoractor Registered Users 1,114 Posts
    Um, everything in product red was red. The color red. Girls got a red shoulder tote, Beat Headphone in Red, and a red tshirt
    I was referring to this event:
    image_zpsk1wslvje.jpg
    I looked everywhere and can't find the guy version of it! But if i remember correctly, these are the items that were included:
    image_zpso0e6mjdh.jpg
    A+++ Lister // GameCenter: TrevorActor :cool:
  • Options
    You're right Trev, here a copy (a lil blurry sorry)

2015-05-24%2022.26.03_zpscq4nnmfr.png

Andriod player
  • Options
    Ok, I have a quesstion, when was this one? Because I have photobooth pic of me and my SO both in red things with the logo like I posted. SO, I'm very confused. My Project red was only Apple, and it wasn't aearned at all. It was spend 15, and Bam it's over.

And AppleP also got the outfit with dress/shoes/necklace, Android didn't get it. So, I understand how spending $15 which completely went to Aids research via/ Bono's red project, but how did our earning an outfit benefit Aids research?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    10846445_604835506288833_3816377944803968285_n_zpsb7pbnkxo.jpg

Grabbed this from the official FB page, and it is the corresponding 'Project Red' to the female outfit I posted earlier. I wonder what did guys get inplace of the red tote bag? I'm assuming they got the headphones. The tshirt is pictured. I remember the red thing, because it was the first thing I bought in the game, because having lost my brother to AIDS, I could get behind supporting it.

But aside from earning the 2nd outfit posted, also only for iOs, I remember nothing about that event.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    KoKo if you bought the package that supported the RED event they gave you the red shirt & beats (for guys). i'm guessing the black outfit shown above was from the normal event or gift boxes for that weekend.

it's the ONLY time that i recall a male outfit being available to purchase outright.
  • Options
    The guys also got a red beanie hat for some reason my guy game has the stuff too even though my girl game got it and my guy game only started a month ago different Apple ID - I don't get iCloud! That whole weekend was about raising awareness I think so although the red coloured outfit was the one where the money went to the charity they had in game events relating to it and the normal weekend earner outfit was won by collecting red stars (but didn't cost anything).

Also, DMV_Doll's point, cool - now fix the Valentines boots!! :D
  • Options
    The Product Red event offered 3 items to purchase (all were the color red and the proceeds were donated) but it also offered an earned outfit (as indicated above the outfits in red lettering)

Both were exclusive to iOS players.

This particular topic arose from someone asking where Alks got his long tank top. It was from the males earned giftbox during the Product Red event weekend won by collecting red stars. There's no other way to describe where the earned outfit came from besides referring to it as the Product Red event.

I hope this clarifies everything ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜˜

Andriod player
  • Options
    The red outfit that was available for purchase basically served as the clothes from giftboxes during normal events. In that each clothing item you purchased, increased the amount of red stars you earned for doing photoshoots..
  • Options
    The guys also got a red beanie hat for some reason my guy game has the stuff too even though my girl game got it and my guy game only started a month ago different Apple ID - I don't get iCloud! That whole weekend was about raising awareness I think so although the red coloured outfit was the one where the money went to the charity they had in game events relating to it and the normal weekend earner outfit was won by collecting red stars (but didn't cost anything).

Also, DMV_Doll's point, cool - now fix the Valentines boots!! :D

Yes, I couldn't sleep, but I started to remember, the Red Package, avail only to Apple Games, then acted like bonus items, in helping us complete the earner packeage.

So - only Apple could buy the red tshirt packages for 14.99 14.99 of which went directly completely to Aids research and that gave you the bonuses (you didn't have to buy the whole package, you could buy one, two or all 3 items) in earning the other outfits.

But.....why couldn't Android even participate in the earner outfit? I just saw my receipt for the red package a few days ago, I'll lookup the date, and then find the forum threads from around that time. Do you have any idea how many times I go to put those shoes on the Androids, and have to say "Oh yeah, they didn't get that" I LOVE the shoes.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Ok, so while you guys were figuring it out last night, it was coming to me as twilight was looming. lol. But I don't remember the fur flying that much about Android not getting to work for the outfit. I must have been more into the game, and here less at that point. lol. I would do anything for those shoes. Sigh.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Ok, so while you guys were figuring it out last night, it was coming to me as twilight was looming. lol. But I don't remember the fur flying that much about Android not getting to work for the outfit. I must have been more into the game, and here less at that point. lol. I would do anything for those shoes. Sigh.
    I'm pretty sure the androids just got a different weekend event when iPhones got the RED event.
  • Options
    Androids didn't get it because it was an Apple event that many of their apps took part in. KKH was just one of many games and apps that turned their icons red and were selling different things to raise money.
  • Options
    Man speaking of exclusive clothing, Kim said I would get a wardrobe item as a present for completing two gigs within a time limit. I was super excited hoping to win a vest top or something similar so I tapped and tapped for hours but WTH is this? He's a tree?

image.jpg1_zpsh04w2uox.jpg
  • Options
    That's interesting Lucy, yesterday I was cataloging my exclusive items and I didn't remember where this jacket came from. Thanks for reminding me!

Anyway J wasn't so bad as tree!
    Viva La Vida ร La Vats!
  • Options
    Well thanks Vats at least something good came of it - now I'm off to Oak!
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure the androids just got a different weekend event when iPhones got the RED event.

My memory was jogged by DMV Doll about that. The (red) Apple/itunes promotion, only available to Apple users, let us donate, and buy 1,2 or all 3 items. Then, the 'weekend' event rolled out Apple got one outfit, , and...if you had purchased (red) items, you got the 1st taste of bonus items to help us win faster. In this case, ONLY apple could buy the (red) items, so if you were apple, and you bought, you got the bonus items. I just don't remember what Android did that weekend. The outfit with those silver/white strappy shoes was only iOs. But I will check my receipt, and then find the corresponding threads from there so we can all figure it out. Or we can sit around here for a while and a new fight will be breaking out. lol.

Ok, Here is the most Stupid thing in the world I could have possibly done.

5 AM. dating starts I have no game plan. I know you get more points/stars/hearts/whatever if you do 8 1 hour dates, as opposed to 1 8 hour gig. I asked my hubby on a date in Oak he wanted 8 hours, i cancelled and grabbed a cute NPC (yeah, now you can't find them, but back in the day you couldn't swing a cat by the tail without knocking into at least 3 cute/normal looking A List NPCs.

Finish the first 3 dates (one per game) I see how freaking little I got. So, now, at 5:05 I'm in panic mode. What do I do? I star dolling out KStars like they were giving out candy. WhoopD DarnDo. Got garbage, spent way, I repeat WAY to many Kstars, still got garbage (No luck is my middle name)

I kept doing 1 hour dates with the NPCs, and in 5a.m. crazy brain I thought I had to keep grabbing a different cute npc from my contacts, otherwise as the relationship increased...so would the dating times.

Ok, I knw this was all before my brain was connected. So, I have all 3 dresses for the girls, and today the calls start. Every one hour date I had with a different NPC contact....every single one....is calling to break up. I can't breathe in the game without a phone ringing "I didn't even know we were going out. My friends say I have to break up" Non Stop. I stopped keeping track, but 3 games 2 days of 1 hour dates.

I know it's almost funny. Maybe I'll screenshot all the breakups from the event. And, what was my thinking? Am I that much of an idiot after the opening bell rings. I must have been broken up with 30 times today. I already accidentally dated my andoids, now they're either going to have to get weird again, or just can't communicate.

Where's my hat?
    Midorihat2.jpg

I know, I know. What happened to make me so dumb when the event started? I'll roll with whatever happends in my Androids games, but I just don't want them to be married again. It's icky. Suppose they start saying sweet things? Uh No. Just No. lol.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    I'm sorry you're going through this Koko, I can feel your frustration despite being thousands of miles away.

I'm hoping that Glu fix it and if they not fix it soon I promise that the next time I make a list of suggestions on the official thread I will include that!

Now a little bit of Joe Manganiello to make you happy ...

9hoQ8qS.jpg?1
    Viva La Vida ร La Vats!
  • Options
    Finish the first 3 dates (one per game) I see how freaking little I got. So, now, at 5:05 I'm in panic mode. What do I do? I star dolling out KStars like they were giving out candy. WhoopD DarnDo. Got garbage, spent way, I repeat WAY to many Kstars, still got garbage (No luck is my middle name)

I kept doing 1 hour dates with the NPCs, and in 5a.m. crazy brain I thought I had to keep grabbing a different cute npc from my contacts, otherwise as the relationship increased...so would the dating times.

Ugh I spent way too many KStars too all because I wanted that stupid apple watch. (Which doesn't even look like one from far away).

I had to do 1 hour dates for the whole event too bc my wife disappeared right before the event started so I was stuck dating NPCs.
  • Options
    Did you date different ones? Have they started breaking up with you? lol. Trev, you, Vats, and Luz are in charge of making sure I have a gameplan the night before. Like : If it's parties - do this................... (at least you can't ruin relationships with parties); if it's earn through gigs....do this. If it's earn through dates.......run. I know how to do the earn by spending. lol.

ANd I'm not upset. I'm a little amused that I was so scattered. Oh, and icing on the cake....after I did all the stars for GB, after I dated my way through a dozen NPCs. and my own alter ego. then I declare "Dates aren't working. Too expensive I don't know what to do. I'll do gigs" And I do a loooooooooooooooooooong tedius no friend Photoshooot for 8 hours, and no event points. Then I just relaxed, took a deep breath and said "I know how to do this" and then from that point, it all got better.

Bottom line, I think I rid myself of a lot of NPCs (A list goodlookers). All 3 games got the dress, and if need be, I'll just have the Androids connect again. I basically wanted to lament a little, while poking fun at myself. And maybe I'm not the only one who spent a little too much in the game, K$ and KStars, but it was a heck of a ride, and if I can play without my brain hooked up, it can happen to anyway. lol. Did I mention LOVING the dress? Oh, and I probably could have 'won' the bracelet in the gift boxes, but I was too afraid my next box would be the too short pantsuit.

But it's all good. Sometimes you have to learn to laugh at yourself. I did that this weekend. I'm still getting those breakup calls. lol
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary