Options

~ Apropos of Nuthin'

Comments

• Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Naimonster wrote: »
    Hairdressers must hate customers like us :rolleyes: Oh don't freak out but I kept the long ponytail that was cut off lol! I cried inside when I heard all the snipping sounds from cutting off my ponytail...

Nah! I'm sure they love the money! However yeah I can feel my colorist rolling his eyes everytime I ask for a color change lol

Ok I won't freak out my dear weirdo!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Nai, congrats on your new haircut! I bet you look fierce! That hairstyle is trending now, I was thinking to cut it like that, but still no courage lol
    And my hair grows fast too!

I know! I did it on a whim! Your hair is really long so I know how you feel. I've fully adjusted to my hair now, it can always grow back! Yours would too, if you cut it. #yolo Sassy! I know you would rock it.
    Vats wrote: »
    Nah! I'm sure they love the money! However yeah I can feel my colorist rolling his eyes everytime I ask for a color change lol

Ok I won't freak out my dear weirdo!

Hahahhaa how often to make him roll his eyes!

Oh I will follow your instagram with a new account I made :)
    PM to add
  • Options
    SugarK wrote: »
    Oh I never worry about cutting my hair, it grows REALLY fast lol. Years ago my hair was around middle of my back and I got it cut into a short pixie cut :o was pretty extreme but I really loved it :o then I got bored and grew it out again LOL.

What!! Very extreme indeed! I haven't tried a pixie cut, but maybe never, too scary for me.
    isabeau wrote: »
    As they say (ok, I'm not sure *who* says it, but anyway):

"Go bold or go home!"

I'll bet you look gorgeous, Nai, without that long curtain of hair to hide behind. (Don't make believe, I know it's a good hiding place!) Out comes the pretty face, the fine lines and angles of the jaw and cheekbones, the eyes--you can truly see them now! Eyes. See. Urghhhh, sorry about that! Now you organize some clothes, maybe buy a few new things if you like, maybe just put together some of your fave outfits a little differently. Think about any makeup. Who does Nai want to be now?? The haircut is a lot. On its own, possibly quite enough. (Yikes! Ah, this is exciting to a fashion editor!) The world is your oyster, doll, you go out and I expect you'll just slayyyyyy.:)

P.S. That ponytail is a trophy. (Belongs on/or hanging from, shelf in Cannes.) And if you feel like having some fun..."Oh no, sorry, I'm not Nai. I'm Mai, her twin sister, visiting from the States. I'm a famous supermodel and actress there. Maybe you've heard of me? No? Oh, so sorry; you must not get out much. Bye-bye." Hee!

#howdidimissthispost

You're right! I had bought a TON of clothing a day before my haircut, like I was preparing for a haircut I never planned. I can't do make up, putting on foundation is my limit lol. I wish I could, maybe do half of what the ladies on this forum do.
    PM to add
  • Options
    Yay Nai! I saw it! Really it's a whole new fun world! I'm glad to see all familiar faces there too!

Sugar, gosh! You're sure are brave! I always say to my hairstylists, if someday I enter here and ask something unusual just send me home, cause I'm probably out of myself that day lol
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    I can't do make up, putting on foundation is my limit lol. I wish I could, maybe do half of what the ladies on this forum do.

Same here. I've never been skillful enough to apply my own makeup either. All I know is the basics and I'm just stuck at the beginner's stage ha:D. I just use a minimal amount of makeup (eye shadow, lip gloss, lipstick) and that's about it lol:D And the weird thing is that I rarely wear makeup. Maybe once in a blue moon when I get invited to special occasions IRL.

I can totally envisioned if Sassy has her own YouTube channel about makeup since she's a guru, then I can be a suscriber and learn how to do my own makeup from watching her makeup tutorial videos just j/k:cool:

I always wanted to try the natural makeup look but I never had the courage to do it. Mostly everything that I've learned is from YouTube tutorials. I'm not too fond of makeup either. I always thought about using oil-free makeup for specifically my skin type, but I've realized that I'm most comfortable with my natural look.
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    hoodstar9hoodstar9 Registered Users, Banned Users 424 Posts
    I am beyond sick of how people can be so d-mn difficult. I have a client who drives me up the wall, two other jobs in the wings, a testing and interview coming up. Now I am torn on whether to show up to work even though Monday was my last day. I would hate for my co-worker to be the only one there despite said individual hardly shows up--which is why I cannot stand working with athletes.
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,114 Posts
    Sounds like your career is demanding. I can only imagine what stress comes up working with Athletes. Physically demanding jobs take a toll on the body, which actually takes a toll on the mind. They don't call them "Brainy Jocks" you know. As far as your coworker, it sounds like your efforts to make things better for them would go unnoticed. Good luck with the decision. Sometimes you have to do what you feel is right for your own peace of mind. Will you be disappointed in yourself if you let them fend for themselves? Then do it for you, not for the coworker. If it will aggravate you to help, then walk away, and applaud yourself for looking after you. After all, your last day was your last day right?

- that unasked for commiseration is just my way of a virtual hug. (((hug)))
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    KeemKeem Registered Users 357 Posts
    What!! Very extreme indeed! I haven't tried a pixie cut, but maybe never, too scary for me.

#howdidimissthispost

You're right! I had bought a TON of clothing a day before my haircut, like I was preparing for a haircut I never planned. I can't do make up, putting on foundation is my limit lol. I wish I could, maybe do half of what the ladies on this forum do.

Awww! I'm a huge fan of natural beauty, even tho before before abandoning the career, I did make up and hair for tv, movies, and fashion o/

To add to the foundation, have you tried dusting a soft color on the apples of your cheeks? It adds a fresh, young pop to any face <3

I hope you are really enjoying that hair cut even more now that you've had adjusting time :D
  • Options
    New Hairstyles are exciting. After dying my hair and then dying it back darker, then dying it close to my natural color, and letting it all grow out, I went from Sit on it long to brushing my shoulders. Drastic. Yes. But after the shock, the freedom was awesome. But I was afraid I'd sprain my neck just whipping back and forth. I bet you really love it.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Today about an hour ago happened the worst hailstorm that I witnessed in my entire life!

I thought the roof was going to fall on my head, super scary!

The courtyard of my house became white and hailstones accumulated about 10 cm.

Some tiles were broken, but I'm fine, my neighbor wasn't that lucky, his house got flooded ...

We had two good months of cold without rain, but this month is raining almost every day, I can't stand rain anymore is depressing.
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    About a month ago we had a really bad hailstorm. I luckily was running late so I missed it coming into work but the people who were already there got a lot of damage (uncovered parking). One guy took his car in for an estimate and was quoted $4k in damages... the car is only worth $8k lol.

Every time my husband goes out of town for work is when we seem to have really bad storms. Things blowing around or falling over on the deck, tornado warnings, etc. He was out of town Monday night and sure enough we had a big storm come through.
  • Options
    Same here. I've never been skillful enough to apply my own makeup either. All I know is the basics and I'm just stuck at the beginner's stage ha:D. I just use a minimal amount of makeup (eye shadow, lip gloss, lipstick) and that's about it lol:D And the weird thing is that I rarely wear makeup. Maybe once in a blue moon when I get invited to special occasions IRL.

I can totally envisioned if Sassy has her own YouTube channel about makeup since she's a guru, then I can be a suscriber and learn how to do my own makeup from watching her makeup tutorial videos just j/k:cool:

I always wanted to try the natural makeup look but I never had the courage to do it. Mostly everything that I've learned is from YouTube tutorials. I'm not too fond of makeup either. I always thought about using oil-free makeup for specifically my skin type, but I've realized that I'm most comfortable with my natural look.

I dont own a single eyeshadow, shameful of me. I only use foundation when I go to events which is about once per week. I've watched YouTube vids a lot but my attempt at eyeliner fails terribly. And something about putting white glitter eyeliner at the corner of the eye, I once tried that and my friend asked me why was I crying LMFAO.

I really want to try different makeup styles but I just cant lol, plus my face is really sensitive too. We should go for tutorials lol!
    PM to add
  • Options
    Keem wrote: »
    Awww! I'm a huge fan of natural beauty, even tho before before abandoning the career, I did make up and hair for tv, movies, and fashion o/

To add to the foundation, have you tried dusting a soft color on the apples of your cheeks? It adds a fresh, young pop to any face <3

I hope you are really enjoying that hair cut even more now that you've had adjusting time :D

Oh wow!! Do it for me, please! Haha, you must be a pro even after leaving the industry, im sure.

Actually, recently I was looking to buy a blush but daaaamn there are so many different types, and the amount of color options are crazy! Same for the lipsticks! KKH makeup is so much easier for me.
    PM to add
  • Options
    Vatsy! So glad to hear you and your home is fine!! Big BIG hug, dont be scared.
    PM to add
  • Options
    LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts
    I dont own a single eyeshadow, shameful of me. I only use foundation when I go to events which is about once per week. I've watched YouTube vids a lot but my attempt at eyeliner fails terribly. And something about putting white glitter eyeliner at the corner of the eye, I once tried that and my friend asked me why was I crying LMFAO.

I really want to try different makeup styles but I just cant lol, plus my face is really sensitive too. We should go for tutorials lol!
    Haha the same thing has happened to me multiple times! I try out something new just to be asked if something is wrong with my face.
    I also tried the glitter eyeliner at the corner of my eye and my coleague got really concerned. I stick to the basics now.
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
  • Options
    Thank u thank u Nai!

Sorry you have to go trough that soundspretty. We can't underestimate the power of the nature.

Now a question... Amy where are you???
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    AngelineJAngelineJ Registered Users 1,511 Posts
    Just saw the terror attack in France on the news. Praying ...:(
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
    #DontPunishPayingCustomers
  • Options
    Just saw the terror attack in France on the news. Praying ...:(

I just woke up to this news too, very sad world we live in. Everyone please take extra care ok?
    PM to add
  • Options
    KeemKeem Registered Users 357 Posts
    Oh wow!! Do it for me, please! Haha, you must be a pro even after leaving the industry, im sure.

Actually, recently I was looking to buy a blush but daaaamn there are so many different types, and the amount of color options are crazy! Same for the lipsticks! KKH makeup is so much easier for me.

I don't know your skin tone, but if you're not super pale, a nice soft dust bronzer does wonders on the apples too!

Pinks can be a ltitle tricky, the wrong shade and hello bozo the clown!
    A nice fresh peach (not a dark one) is a decent start for a neutral look
  • Options
    SassyVoguetteSassyVoguette Registered Users 1,510 Posts
    Omg ahahah Carol, I'm flattered, thank you girl xx
    I loooove make up, but I only use heavy make up when I go out on weekends or for events. My daily make up consist of foundation, bronze blush ( I don't like pink ones, so I use them very rare) and mascara. I don't use lip gloss or lipstick at day, I prefer the natural look of my lips.
    But trust me, If I had clean face I would never use foundation, at least not daily. I hate foundation, especially in summer, I'm melting lol
    Vats has my heart. Forever. 💕

iOS
    07/2014 
  • Options
    isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    I loooove make up, but I only use heavy make up when I go out on weekends or for events. My daily make up consist of foundation, bronze blush ( I don't like pink ones, so I use them very rare) and mascara. I don't use lip gloss or lipstick at day, I prefer the natural look of my lips.
    But trust me, If I had clean face I would never use foundation, at least not daily. I hate foundation, especially in summer, I'm melting lol

Oh pleeze, omg--I know you've seen the vacation and party pics Sassy posts, and I can tell you she's so lyinnnnnnn'--she is gorgeous. Like, all the time gorgeous. Now I ask you; is that fair?? No, it is *not* fair. Which is why I'm going over to The Frozen Kokonut to have another drink....
  • Options
    AmyTAmyT Registered Users 1,164 Posts
    Vats wrote: »
    Thank u thank u Nai!

Sorry you have to go trough that soundspretty. We can't underestimate the power of the nature.

Now a question... Amy where are you???

ahh, I missed all the hair and makeup talk :(

Hey Vatsy, I'm here <3 I missed most of the voting event but I've still been playing, looks like I have loads of forum reading to catch up on. I was at my mum and stepdad's house up north, I ended up extending my stay and my ex bf came with me. (you might remember me saying in the past we're still very close friends because we were together for 5 years and we've been in each other's lives for 10). He's actually quite unwell at the moment and we're trying to spend as much time as possible together. I've known for a little while but because KKH and the forum are my escape from work/real life, I haven't wanted to mention it and preferred to keep it separate, maybe it was my way of being in denial. So if I'm quiet for a few days here and there, that's why. I also wanted to say sorry if I've been at all snappy and not myself on the forum lately, I'm just stressed. I've recharged my batteries at my mum's... a couple of years ago, she sold the family home and moved out to the north east countryside; it's a beautiful, peaceful and tranquil place to sort your head out. My ex and I walked my mum's dogs, chatted about the past and went on loads of country walks. It was lovely <3

I've missed my forum friends and I hope you're all well.

Once again, France is also in my thoughts :(<3
    Top 20 +++
    My doll's name is Madison :)
    (~~ one cat short of crazy! ~~)

iOS player ~~ GC AmyTMadison
    Pm me if you'd like to add Madison on Facebook :)

#fangsforNai
  • Options
    Koko, I think that you're absolutely right about new hairstyles being a drastic change. I think of it as having a refreshing new look and sometimes it can be a bit dramatic too.

When I transitioned from relaxed to natural, most of my friends & family were shocked because I did the 'big chop'. I was so tired of relaxing my hair so it was definitely time for a change for me. Now, I feel free & liberated.
    Daily Android KKH player

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    Awwww Amy, that's a lot to deal with. I think a lot of us use our time in KKH as a little break from the pressures of real life. It's nice to forget about things for a while and just play and chat, but it's also nice to get support when we need it :) And let me say I've NEVER known you to be snappy so no worries there :) Hugs to you girl ❤️
    AmyT wrote: »

Hey Vatsy, I'm here <3 I missed most of the voting event but I've still been playing, looks like I have loads of forum reading to catch up on. I was at my mum and stepdad's house up north, I ended up extending my stay and my ex bf came with me. (you might remember me saying in the past we're still very close friends because we were together for 5 years and we've been in each other's lives for 10). He's actually quite unwell at the moment and we're trying to spend as much time as possible together. I've known for a little while but because KKH and the forum are my escape from work/real life, I haven't wanted to mention it and preferred to keep it separate, maybe it was my way of being in denial. So if I'm quiet for a few days here and there, that's why. I also wanted to say sorry if I've been at all snappy and not myself on the forum lately, I'm just stressed. I've recharged my batteries at my mum's... a couple of years ago, she sold the family home and moved out to the north east countryside; it's a beautiful, peaceful and tranquil place to sort your head out. My ex and I walked my mum's dogs, chatted about the past and went on loads of country walks. It was lovely <3

• Options
    I hate foundation, especially in summer, I'm melting lol

I hate it too lol

Once I was with a huge acne on my forehead and my sister convinced me to apply a little bit to disguise it, why???

FYI the only part of my body that perspire is my forehead, it's like all my sweat concentrates there and it became a huge waterfall!!!

She said 'This foundation is really good and expensive, never gonna melt!'. Mmm yeah!

The result was disastrous!!!

While I was dripping, people didn't stop to stare at me:o

Glad to hear about you! Don't worry take all the time that you need to de-stress. I just asked about you cause I missed you my dear and when someone that's here frequently starts to show up less, my 'concern' alarm rings lol
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    cocofabulouscocofabulous Registered Users 442 Posts

Hugs, hugs, and more hugs. I'm sure nothing I can say will take away your pain, but I'm sending tons and tons of good vibes your way. <333

I hate foundation, especially in summer, I'm melting lol

Ugh, right?? Thank God for Tarte's Amazonian clay powder. I don't know what I'd do without it.
    GC: Coco Fabulous
  • Options

Your welcome. You're such an admirable person.☺

I wish that I knew how to apply foundation but I don't know how to do it lol:D And I don't know anything about contouring and putting on false eyelashes either.

I always tend to stay away from bright red lipstick because I can never seem to find the right shade for my dark skin complexion.
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

• Options
    SassyVoguetteSassyVoguette Registered Users 1,510 Posts
    isabeau wrote: »
    Oh pleeze, omg--I know you've seen the vacation and party pics Sassy posts, and I can tell you she's so lyinnnnnnn'--she is gorgeous. Like, all the time gorgeous. Now I ask you; is that fair?? No, it is *not* fair. Which is why I'm going over to The Frozen Kokonut to have another drink....

Hahahah thanks girl xx

Amy, I'm so sorry hun.. You know I'm here if you need to talk, right? And you haven't been snappy at all, you are always so cheerful.. Love u and stay strong and take all the time you need xx
    Vats has my heart. Forever. 💕

iOS
    07/2014 
  • Options
    AmyTAmyT Registered Users 1,164 Posts
    Thanks, you guys. Love you all <3

Sassy, we should have a catch up and Bulgarian language lesson on FB this week :)

Hope you're all well xo
    Top 20 +++
    My doll's name is Madison :)
    (~~ one cat short of crazy! ~~)

iOS player ~~ GC AmyTMadison
    Pm me if you'd like to add Madison on Facebook :)

#fangsforNai
  • Options

I'm so sorry you and your ex are going through this. Just know we all care and send our best.

That place sounds idyllic. Big Hugs.

My heart goes out to those in France as well. You turn on the tv or radio and wonder what will be next.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary