Options

Weekend Event 4/24/2015 *And now for something completely different.

Comments

• Options
    Minne623Minne623 Registered Users 335 Posts
    I tell my hubby I was having a nightmare and I can't sleep lol!! And Luz my toddler once bought a painting in the Miami home for like 25 K stars I wanted to die!! Lol luckily I emailed GLU and they refunded me 40 stars :)
    GC Minne622
  • Options
    LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    Minne623 wrote: »
    I tell my hubby I was having a nightmare and I can't sleep lol!! And Luz my toddler once bought a painting in the Miami home for like 25 K stars I wanted to die!! Lol luckily I emailed GLU and they refunded me 40 stars :)

Wow, that was cool of them! I once accidentally somehow bought two Kstar packages at once. <and worse, only received one set of Kstars, though there were two charges.> I made a complaint to iTunes, and as soon as I hit 'submit' on the complaint, my money was instantly refunded! I thought that was incredibly cool. I'm guessing they must have a policy like eBay and Amazon-- a few immediate refunds without question, until you show yourself to be a scammer or something...

Toddlers and errant screen-strokes: we've had a minor scandal today because I was playing a tower-defense game with my nephew, and my three-year-old girl was watching quietly as we worked away on an incredibly challenging level, holding off wave after wave of increasingly vicious enemies while trying desperately to save up for the weapon that would've won us the level. We must've been playing this level for half an hour. My nephew gets so invested in these things. Suddenly, we're within a few credits of getting our tower, and my girl shoots her hand out and places another, irrelevant, basically useless tower on the battlefield. True, we could sell it again, but we only received a fraction of the purchase price back, and then we didn't have enough money for our p1mped-out super cannon and we lost the level. The boy is still steaming, hours later. But it was a good time to make everybody go outside and play... We do have activities other than video games when we get together, I swear. We rode bikes and made scorched cupcakes, too.

Anyway, toddlers! Little monkeys. Thank goodness they're so adorable, or I don't even know...
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19

• Options
    I'm also confused but happy about my obsolete iPod Touch since the update <it generally freezes every few minutes, requiring lots of loading time on the KKH start-up screen>. I've noticed over time that it only has trouble with KKH.

Well, since the Tokyo update, it's not freezing and crashing at all! It's behaving like a different device entirely! I don't know what made the difference, I'm just pleased. I'm not getting too excited in case it goes right back to its old ways. But still, it's nice right now. Anybody else having a similar experience of enhanced gameplay? I'm going to be finishing the event for my second game with relative ease...

• Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,114 Posts
    Yay. Clothes for Stellan. He is always so impeccably dressed. ;) So, where are more threads where people aren't wearing what they should? I remember a few posts, but I thought that straightened out?
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Well, there were a few references to the problem earlier on in my Tokyo Hotness thread. I know that it hasn't been totally resolved because Stellan still sees generic Luz in his photobooth <though oddly, she's still herself in skin tone, facial shape.> And Luz still sees Stellan in the suit, though I changed him out of that at around noon on Friday...

And people have mentioned it in this thread, too. This is Alkoholiks a few hours ago:

Originally Posted by xXLucyXx:
    My GC is stuck so no-ones outfits are changing but I'm glad people are doing well in the event.

same here! i thought there was something wrong with my Jedi game. i think game center is having issues tho. i noticed you and Koko haven't changed and Jedi is not appearing correctly in Sam's game.

It seems to be pretty wide-spread, or else none of my GC friends are changing their outfits much in the last day...

• Options
    RubyDRubyD Registered Users 189 Posts
    LuzVarias wrote: »
    Well, there were a few references to the problem earlier on in my Tokyo Hotness thread. I know that it hasn't been totally fixed because Stellan still sees generic Luz in his photobooth <though oddly, she's still herself in skin tone, facial shape.> And Luz still sees Stellan in the suit, though I changed him out of that at around noon on Friday...
    My Christian game is stuck. He sees you, Luz, in black capris and a white cut-off tee, same as my primary account's character's garb. In my primary game, though, characters change what they wear. There I see Christian in whatever I've put on him. Weird, eh?
  • Options
    RubyD wrote: »
    My Christian game is stuck. He sees you, Luz, in black capris and a white cut-off tee, same as my primary account's character's garb. In my primary game, though, characters change what they wear. There I see Christian in whatever I've put on him. Weird, eh?

Annoying, is what it is! I'm apparently spoiled rotten by the normal success of technology, and have been taking it totally for granted. I can't take the photo-booth shots I'd had in mind because of these gamecenter hiccups... At least my iPod Touch is working unusually well, and I've been enjoying this event itself!

• Options
    EselleteaEselletea Registered Users 700 Posts
    I'm having the same issue! A lot of you guys haven't changed outfits or are just in plain clothes. Boo! I enjoy seeing all the different outfits too much for this.
    Currently playing 2 iOS games, PM to add!
  • Options
    xXLucyXxxXLucyXx Registered Users 1,077 Posts
    You guys do you think this is a GC problem or a KKH problem? I hope whoever can work on fixing it is aware of it I love seeing people's outfits it's one of my favourite things about the game :)
    GC: { Lucyxx }
  • Options
    LyannaLyanna Registered Users 338 Posts
    4D78EA94-0102-4EC8-842E-F9EE22DF060A_zpsjbd9zm2c.jpg

Loving the new dress this is the first time I repeat FIRST TIME I have ever completed a weekend event! So happy and it wasn't that hard. I was surprised we didn't get any event points from the weekend task. Oh well didn't need them anyway this time. You all look great by the way xx
    KKH: Gigi // IRL: Andrew ✨

Game Centre // .Cullen
    Playing on iOS
  • Options
    AlkoholiksAlkoholiks Registered Users 545 Posts
    i hope i can finish. i don't have as much time to play with baseball now. i did the kim photoshoot and Dirk the dork called saying the same thing about passing up the gig. at least we don't lose fans. let me go turn up some before i leave.
    no i don't have any chill
  • Options
    I've totally ignored the weekend gigs this time, and may just start them with no intention to do them, just get them out of my way. Yes, that will lose some fans, but I'm so lazy, and I have the outfit now anyway...

Good luck finishing!

• Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    So much for partying all weekend, I got myself a plumper face. It'll take me a few days to shed the pounds but I love it, so cute. Can't wait to get my mohawk back too.

oerWUAT.jpg

Got that final item for both devices *squeals*. For the gift box, got the bag for my female and black pants for my male *squeals at higher pitch*

All of you look so great in that dress! So I'll just show Jax then. How's him and his new tan? :cool:

aUtRcMe.jpg
    PM to add
  • Options
    Both of your dolls are so cute, Naimonster, but I miss your 'hawk, too. <I do love you with the round face, though>.

Umm, who's the guy with Jax? Is he an NPC? He looks GC? Very nice. Can you please pm me the stranger's GC ID, and the GC ID for Jax, as well? Or is Jax on another platform? Uh oh-- they're Android, right?

• Options
    Aww thanks!

I just looked him up. He's an NPC! Jayden King, a set designer. I wish I could send him to you from android to iOS though! Yeahhhh Jax is on Android :( I wish there wasn't a divide between Android and iOS, stop being rivals and be together you two!
    PM to add
  • Options
    MkloveMklove Registered Users 275 Posts
    Hey everybody,

We dont have these outfits nor the hair right?

120qhy0.jpg
  • Options
    Teehee1Teehee1 Registered Users 34 Posts
    Mklove wrote: »
    Hey everybody,

We dont have these outfits nor the hair right?

120qhy0.jpg

No we don't but I definitely want the bag, the hair and the shoes.
    Sasha's GC: Teehee1
  • Options
    Teehee1 wrote: »
    No we don't but I definitely want the bag, the hair and the shoes.

But I want everything, I'm greedy.
    PM to add
  • Options
    MkloveMklove Registered Users 275 Posts
    I hope it wont be in a gift box this time... So cool everything.. And no vip event neither please Glu!
  • Options
    sleeplesswithseattlesleeplesswithseattle Registered Users 5 Posts
    mi1gd2.jpg
    Finished up last night. I feel like the hair kinda looks like a wig? Oh well. Very happy with this event.
  • Options
    I love those shoes and that hair!!!
    And something is definitely up, the ones of you I do have in GC are still wearing the same clothes from like Friday :(
    I too enjoy looking at everyone's look. Luz in my game you're still wearing that blue vest dress... Is that what yours has on now?
    GC Minne622
  • Options
    Hi Minne! This is how I look right now, and this is how I think you look. Is this your current style? You're lovely in those shades! Actually, I was grateful to see your ID at all, since I have a seriously truncated group of GC friends available right now in the photobooth. It's been a very strange weekend! Are you done with the event? I was really pleased with this one...

image.jpg1_zps9usppyur.jpg

• Options
    Alkoholiks wrote: »
    i hope i can finish. i don't have as much time to play with baseball now. i did the kim photoshoot and Dirk the dork called saying the same thing about passing up the gig. at least we don't lose fans. let me go turn up some before i leave.

I'm about to break out in song about 'take me out to the ballgame' and then I'll finish up with an offcolor joke I used to tell about going to a Baseball game with a boyfriend......something about kisses between the innings......and well.....you guys can figure it out.

I hope everyone gets to finish for the clothes. They really are nice. ;)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    MommyTo3MunchkinsMommyTo3Munchkins Registered Users 341 Posts
    Thanks to this party weekend, I am now less than 10 million away from being #1 in my game! (If I wasn't so busy this weekend, I might've already gotten there.) So excited to start my first comeback! :)

~Melissa~
    GC: MommyTo3Munchkins

• Options
    PolkaDotPolkaDot Registered Users 1,226 Posts
    I got the bracelet and the hair. I got energy bolts in the first prize/gift box. I did not try for the dress.

I put the bracelet and hair with all black clothes for a Beatnik look. :)
  • Options
    AlkoholiksAlkoholiks Registered Users 545 Posts
    i miss Apple P in my game. all of my active gc friends from here have vanished for Deuce/Sam. his last party was full of crickets.
    no i don't have any chill
  • Options
    IMG_8806_zps8af1f3bf.jpg

IMG_8805_zps9931f820.jpg

This is how you guys appear in my game...
    GC Minne622
  • Options
    JullietteJulliette Registered Users 527 Posts
    mi1gd2.jpg
    Finished up last night. I feel like the hair kinda looks like a wig? Oh well. Very happy with this event.

Your doll makes me think at Megan Fox. Love it!
    :o iOS GC ID julliette24 ;)
  • Options
    Alkoholiks wrote: »
    i miss Apple P in my game. all of my active gc friends from here have vanished for Deuce/Sam. his last party was full of crickets.

I'm gone to you? Oh no. We can't have that. Let's see, Androids - Koko Tablet is Number 3 - so her job is to get to number 1. Koko Phone just got engaged to Moony. (He doesn't know yet. I'm going to take him to a nice meal in Vegas, and show him the pics. lol. Oh, Moony, do you want Choc cake or Vanilla? If I ate cake everytime I was married, no one would want to marry me anymore. So, I'll get whichever one you like Moony.

Oh, so that takes care of the Androids.....But Apple P thought all was well. Now, she has a mission. "Hang on Honey, I'll find you." Runs off to change into Honey Searching Clothes. (and, Alkoholiks, this is such a large issue, I just know it will be a global fix.)

Ok, She's off to find you Doll. She means business.
    AppleP_zpsfsbitkd4.jpg
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Lol I love the pic KoKo
    GC Minne622