Options

Weekend Event 3/25/16 ~ Where's that Easter Bunny at? It's a Vip weekend and more!!!

Comments

• Options
    wolfandbutler2wolfandbutler2 Registered Users 351 Posts
    ticisss wrote: »
    Did you guys remember when this Instagram page @Kimkardashianhollywoodgame promised that great things are coming in the game? Now I see that's just bullsh*t
    Well considering that was a hoax written by a wishful player and not anyone from Glu, I'm not surprised! :P

The last time I spent real money on this game, it was for the Balmain one-off package, with the earrings and bag. That was the last time I paid for anything on KKH. That's due to a combination of me no longer having the disposable income I had when I started playing, and the game not really giving me any incentive to splurge. :/
    GC: wolfandbutler2 /// IG: wolfandbutler.kkh
  • Options
    FrancescahillFrancescahill Registered Users 1,288 Posts
    Well considering that was a hoax written by a wishful player and not anyone from Glu, I'm not surprised! :P

The last time I spent real money on this game, it was for the Balmain one-off package, with the earrings and bag. That was the last time I paid for anything on KKH. That's due to a combination of me no longer having the disposable income I had when I started playing, and the game not really giving me any incentive to splurge. :/

Same! I remember that post and I know they're just a fan club but they're was so "we talk to Kim and she's going to send Glu all of this" just lies. It's sad I don't get what's the funny on lie about that a lot players really believe them.
  • Options
    FrancescahillFrancescahill Registered Users 1,288 Posts
    25a87dg.jpg2iijscz.jpg

30bzs69.jpg
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Oh yeah, it got so heated. about that. But no theme? It's starting to sink in about this weekend. I'm always chatting away asking if anyone has any thoughts for a theme. You can always pm me, but last time I tried to find holidays around the world, I ended up with Peanut butter day and the start of the Great Pandemic of 1918.

I remember Ramadan and the 4th of July coincided weekend wise. So we had Red White and Ramadan. I like to think of this forum as a Cultural Worlds Expo.

Ooooh, had a thought. gotta run
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    eggstraordinary_easter.gif

happy_easter_glittered_egg_photo.gif
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    AmyT wrote: »
    I agree with you guys, it would be so great to celebrate and learn about other holidays. Just because KKH land doesn't seem to honour every holiday, it doesn't mean we can't here on the forum. I'm sure if someone mentions it's a certain holiday, Koko would be more than willing to incorporate it into the weekend event threads as she has done in the past. E.g. Ramadan was part of the theme during the summer last year and we also celebrated Hanukkah here.

I love that the forum is so diverse and we get to chat to people from all over the world and learn about different cultures and traditions, it's one of the reasons I love it here :)

For instance, for the last 2 years since I've moved back to the Uk near my sister and her family, it's became a tradition that I help my little nephew make his Easter bonnet and t-shirt for his Easter fair :) my sister and I used to love painting eggs and making bonnets with my mum and stepdad when we were young, so this is kind of like keeping the tradition alive for us :) here's last years attempt that I helped him with..!
    A8B51BDF-D7A6-488B-B3DB-8CAEC023B9E2_zpsva1ap1uu.jpg

I'm disappointed that there's no decorations in the game, but I understand Koko's reasoning that since we got it last years, Glu is probably concentrating on KKG instead of making a replica of last years KKH event. Let's just decorate the forum instead and hope for amazing new items this weekend!

Here's Madison with some Easter cupcakes for us all
    C3C15E8A-E9B8-49ED-9916-511C251E91EC_zpsokis8rmt.jpg

What a lovely traditioin. I love that Easter Bonnet. And those cupcakes look awesome. :)

I love Madison in the ears.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Hi I was just wondering since there are no files past March 17th in the game files wouldn't that mean they're going to be releasing an update before Friday so how would anyone know if it's a VIP event or not just wondering

You probably missed the opening post, I explained What the event was, and then that it wouldn't have an Easter Theme. That came down from Glu, I always specify is something is Fact or a Feeling when I post it. :) Surprising a lot of the feelings have been right. But the outline of this event is factual.

ETA: I looked back, I started the thread with "We're starting a little early.....because we have some info." Believe me, I wouldn't say we don't have an Easter theme unless it was direct info.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    LantsPanceLantsPance Registered Users 998 Posts
    can someone please tell me what a VIP event is?
    Daily iOS KKH player
  • Options
    CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    LantsPance wrote: »
    can someone please tell me what a VIP event is?

It's an event where you have to spend k-stars to get the event clothes, a total of 500 stars to earn the last item. You can buy clothes, vehicles, pets or anything that costs stars, no grinding or tapping.

Also, you get a k-star for every 5-star rating on a gig. :)
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
  • Options
    So basically you have to spend real money to get all the items unless you've saved up the stars you've earned?
    Daily iOS KKH player
  • Options
    Yes, that's the point! I only purchase items that cost k-stars during VIP Events. So I pay for the items I bought, and get the event outfit as a bonus. :)

• Options
    CilanCilan Registered Users 298 Posts
    So basically you have to spend real money to get all the items unless you've saved up the stars you've earned?

lol yes, basically! I only get 4-5 stars every day or 2 with watching videos. So that's around 120 stars a MONTH if they give me enough videos. Each VIP event's final level is 500 stars... :) So someone who does not buy stars literally has to save for some months to get the top tier item. Not to mention that there is usually one VIP event a month.

So yes, you have to be prepared to spend around $50 USD to get the top prize if you want it.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that these events usually comes with you earning +1 star for every 5 star gig, and I can usually net 150+ stars this way by non-stop grinding haha.
  • Options
    So you get the items by spending K-stars on other items, am I understanding correctly? For instance, if I buy a shirt that is 50 k-stars, that will be 50 stars towards the VIP event?
    Daily iOS KKH player
  • Options

Well it all depends on which option that you would rather choose to either spend RL money on the game or save up & earn your kstars on the game.
    Daily Android KKH player

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    stephk11 wrote: »
    I had never even heard of Holi before yesterday, and it sounds amazing! :)

Yes, amazing and so colorful! It's now a federal holiday here in Pakistan too. Oh, here's a song.. :D

• Options
    So you get the items by spending K-stars on other items, am I understanding correctly? For instance, if I buy a shirt that is 50 k-stars, that will be 50 stars towards the VIP event?

Yes on a V.I.P event, you can basically spend on anything that cost kstars.

The V.I.P. event requirements usually consists of:

1st free giftbox item: 15 points
    2nd item: 50 points
    3rd item: 300 points
    4th item: 500 points
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

• Options
    KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts

Bingo!

12357757_1072647332759620_432114424_n.jpg
    image11d.jpg

I found these pictures on the internet, so if it's anyone's here, thanks in advance. But as you can see, if you spend ~15 stars you get the box which is like any other week, could be good, could be the donkey behind the 3rd door. 50ish, the next item, 300 for the 3rd box, and like 500 for the final one.

I watch videos and save my stars, but have never had enough or liked an item in the 4th box enough to spend them all. I also have a fear if I spend so many I won't have enough for the throwback that'll never come lol
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • Options
    Thank you so much for your help everyone. I think I understand now. :)
    I'm about to be level 7 on KKH. I started with KK first but I started a KKH game in hopes that one day the crossover event would return. So I've been trying to work on my KKH game. They're so different but so similar haha. I think I prefer KK though.
    Daily iOS KKH player
  • Options
    Mileys_MommyMileys_Mommy Registered Users 239 Posts
    [They did bring back the Kross over event once u get to level 8 on k&k it'll come up in both games

QUOTE=LantsPance;441541]Thank you so much for your help everyone. I think I understand now. :)
    I'm about to be level 7 on KKH. I started with KK first but I started a KKH game in hopes that one day the crossover event would return. So I've been trying to work on my KKH game. They're so different but so similar haha. I think I prefer KK though.[/QUOTE]
    I play iOS and android please update nicki Minaj the empire
  • Options
    Charli wrote: »
    It's an event where you have to spend k-stars to get the event clothes, a total of 500 stars to earn the last item. You can buy clothes, vehicles, pets or anything that costs stars, no grinding or tapping.

Also, you get a k-star for every 5-star rating on a gig. :)

And don't forget that Stars spent on Gift Boxes also count. Cash spent on Kim's Picks however do not. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Laralu529Laralu529 Registered Users 166 Posts
    I'm kinda dissapointed that it's an Easter themed event, I was looking foward to it.. But wth, you can't always get what you want, can you? I hope that at least the items are good ones
    Call me Lu :)
    Android player

Add me on FB
  • Options
    isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    stephk11 wrote: »
    Hi, Isabeau: Just to clarify - When I wrote, "Aside from Christian holidays and Hanukkah, I really have no idea about other religious holidays," I meant that I personally know little about any other holidays aside from Christian ones and Hanukkah. I love anything special that Glu adds, whether it's Christmas decorations, or non-religious events like New Year.

But I'd love to see decorations or an event in KKH tied to Hanukkah or a Muslim holiday or Hindu holiday, etc. For instance, I just saw all of these pics yesterday of Prince Harry (yum!) in Nepal celebrating the Hindu holiday, Holi. From Wikipedia: "Holi is a spring festival in Nepal[4] and India, also known as the festival of colours or the festival of sharing love. Holi celebrations start on the night before Holi with a Holika bonfire where people gather, sing, dance and party. The next morning is celebrated as Rangwali Holi - a free-for-all carnival of colours, where participants play, chase and colour each other with dry powder and coloured water, with some carrying water guns and coloured water-filled balloons for their water fight."

I had never even heard of Holi before yesterday, and it sounds amazing! :)

Hi, hi, hi steph! I think Holi sounds like a perfect type of event, in fact, it sounds so beautiful and fun, and I really appreciate the info and knowledge you just gave me. And there's a whole slew of ways Glu could make that happen. But with that type of thing, something so definitely a singularly limited, ethnic celebration, well, I'm guessing it depends on KKH demographics--and really other cultures' celebrations must, as well. It's just not a part of the dynamics of KKH. And it already seems like they can't handle their apparent workload to begin with. But you make me wonder: What celebrations occur in KKH in other countries? They must not be the same, such as St. Patrick's day--outside of the U.K and U.S.--maybe Canada (no clue on that one), I don't know of anywhere else they could, or do, run such individualized celebrations. I gather they stick to only Judeo-Christian ones here, excluding the Judeo, actually...someone--I'm so sorry, I forgot who it was, mentioned that Chanuka was included, however I never saw that. Maybe they meant in the forum alone? If so, yes, I do remember that; Koko is really on top of things that way. In the game there would have been sooooo many ways they could have made an event of that.... But there are so many holidays and celebrations among so many countries and cultures, it's probably a lot to ask of Glu--and of maybe any game developer, unless it's a part of the point of any given game to begin with--and from what I've been reading in the forum the last two days, they're already in over their heads--that *so*(!) should not be happening--and with some questionable poor decision making and execution issues, yeah, I think it'd be too much for them when they can't even manage to create teams to work on more than one game at a time so that they don't have to sacrifice another, which is just bad business as well as poor management. But before I digress on that further--ok, further further (!)--like, Glu, wake tf up and get your sh*t together, there's just no excuse for a company such as yours to create so many huge clusterfu*ks, wth?! I don't think they're about to give us any cultural education through events, again, I'm pretty sure it's not the type of thing in the cards with KKH. It's mainly a fashion and reality-TV-based star that's the focus here, so, ya know, no one can fault them for not doing so. The mission is the mission. But Koko did, and always does, say to tell her and she'll be on it to investigate to see if it's something we can do in the forum, at least. And btw...? A henna tattoo earnable, something I think everyone here definitely knows (see, sure, lots of ways they could do a holiday such as Holi in very relatable ways--and I say the henna because it's a widespread-knowledge already, for that region, that, I mean, who *doesn't* know about that??) would beat the skulls sleeve and stupid fake Playboy Bunny ones in the kloset hands down!
  • Options
    DanniDanni Registered Users 143 Posts
    KaylaJ wrote: »
    Bummer about no Easter event, but I can't complain about a VIP one. I have been looking forward to one for a bit and I never got around to buying that tiger! Plus bonus stars will be nice since I have some events lined up. Plus while next weekend will be much busier, this weekend I have my family home so I guess I can put the game down a bit ;)

Which house is the tiger at? I think I've missed that one, I'd love a tiger :')
    Lightsticks11 on gc!
  • Options
    SassyVoguetteSassyVoguette Registered Users 1,510 Posts
    The Andersons are ready to celebrate Easter in NYC <3
    33zftjo.jpg

Happy Easter to all who celebrate this weekend!
    2mxqrtu.jpg

Regarding the event - I don't want it to be a VIP if the clothes are Easter.. I missed the ones last year, so I would like to earn some cute Easter stuff.
    Vats has my heart. Forever. 💕

iOS
    07/2014 
  • Options
    ChicCharlotteChicCharlotte Registered Users 571 Posts
    Mr. and Mrs. Anderson look adorable, Sassy. I love that their outfits compliment each other.

Here are Charlotte and Cooper out and about Easter weekend.

2qdscav.jpg

Happy Easter to all who celebrate!
    Began an iOS game and need friends!
    Also deleted old Facebook account. Please refriend me if you play iOS.
    https://facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009525168362
  • Options
    SassyVoguetteSassyVoguette Registered Users 1,510 Posts
    Mr. and Mrs. Anderson look adorable, Sassy. I love that their outfits compliment each other.

Thanks Charlotte <3 I love dressing them in the same colors lol I dream of the day when we're finally going to be able to change NPC husband's features, so I can make my man bearded like yours lol
    You two look lovely <3
    Vats has my heart. Forever. 💕

iOS
    07/2014 
  • Options
    SephoraaSephoraa Registered Users 29 Posts
    I am so excited to see what the clothes will be. I keep coming back here to see if any of you lovely ladies have the dirt yet ❤️
  • Options
    Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    A VIP easter is annoying but I also get it since it gives people who want to spend time with their family the opportunity too. I'm 'eh' on it but that also might be because, as an april baby who's birthday was on easter a few times, a march easter is just odd to me in general.

All I can hope is that there isn't guys hair I like in a gift box and/or it's at the 50 star mark. I'm at 76 and am considering hustling to try and buy the private plane since I accidentally spent for a car last week. I blame the green beer!
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
  • Options
    [They did bring back the Kross over event once u get to level 8 on k&k it'll come up in both games

That is not true.
    Daily iOS KKH player
  • Options
    TrinityLiTrinityLi Registered Users 20 Posts
    Sephoraa wrote: »
    I am so excited to see what the clothes will be. I keep coming back here to see if any of you lovely ladies have the dirt yet ❤️

Me, too! I love getting the sneak peeks before an event! 😊
    VIP events are my least favorite. I blew all my K stars for the St. Patrick's Day event chasing the hair (that sadly wasn't in any of my pallets), so I'm slowly building back up. Hoping the clothes are yuck and no cute hair... *crossing fingers*
    ~*Daily KKH player!*~
    Trinity is working on her 3rd comeback!
    Level 33 - A+++
    Mommy to baby Mia and Dominic <3

Smile, be kind, and dance like no one is watching!