Forum Moderation, Diversity & Show Your Style

Comments

• mysticgracemysticgrace Registered Users, Member 38 Posts
    These discussions and arguments over digital blackface wouldn’t keep happening in SYS threads if it wasn’t a real issue. The only way this is going to stop is moderating racist members on this forum. This announcement is tone-deaf and dismissive. People wouldn’t be getting heated if there wasn’t anything to get heated about :/
  • Kween_of_the_KastleKween_of_the_Kastle Registered Users, Member 1,254 Posts
    Mods clearly ignoring these 2 rules 
  • ShayShigilShayShigil Registered Users, Member 337 Posts
    edited April 2021
    Comment I was referring to is gone
  • KkhElenaKkhElena Registered Users, Member 768 Posts
    @reema girlie, you don't care. Nor are you trying to understand sh*t. Nor are you comfortable enough in your own skin to actually LISTEN. NOBODY in this forum has ever forced anyone to play as themselves, bc at the end of the f day, we cannot exactly represent ourselves in the game. People are complaining about others feeling the need to change their dolls appearance from white to black in a SYS that's about aliens, animal print etc. That's the reason why people are complaining. You would actually know that simple sh*t if you actually carefully read what was written here and think. Y'all making this sh*t more complicated than it was then get all pressed when none of us wanna be nice anymore. Not even kindergarten teachers have to repeat themselves so many times
  • hanhanhanhanhanhan Registered Users, Member 153 Posts
    reema said:
    hanhanhan said:
    reema said:
    hanhanhan said:
    “If you are not happy with moderation, you still need to follow the forum rules and respect each other. ”

So essentially we have to suck it up and deal with insufficient moderation even when we voice our concerns and provide clear instructions on what would be more appropriate and appreciated in the forum?

Good to know that Glu clearly doesn’t care! Thanks for confirming :)
    @KalindaKing @kokokokonut
    okay then leave, no one is forcing you to stay lmfao

Hello @KalindaKing @kokokokonut as you can see here, @reema is starting and escalating an argument in this thread by targeting me which is clearly against forum rules. Will you give them a warning before banning them as they have clearly gone against forum rules?

Looking forward to the forum rules being upheld as I have been targeted here for no reason by someone who is clearly trolling and targeting people to start arguments online. Thanks!
    wow so offering you a solution to your problem is now “starting an argument” and targeting you. i’m not trolling anyone and honestly you and everyone else here are embarrassing, you claim that you want players to feel comfortable on the forum, but god forbid anyone does something that slightly offends you and all of a sudden it’s my way or the fucken highway. idk how many times i’ll say this but this is a game.

you don’t like the moderation, offer feedback/criticism, moderation don’t care leave. this is a solution, i’m not bullying you, and i’m not trying to start an argument.  
    Hi @KalindaKing and @kokokokonut as you can see again, this person swore and that’s also against the forum rules. So that means they’ve violated at least a few already and haven’t been warned or banned. 

to you @reema you clearly used a condescending attitude and told me to leave. It is very valid approach to point out flaws in a system and provide suggestions for improvement. When people raise concerns about their governments, do you also tell them to “leave if they don’t like it?” 

I like this game, I enjoy it, and I love the idea of being able to discuss the game with other players. What I don’t like is problematic behaviour and racism and other forms of discrimination from players which is clearly also ignored by moderators who choose to ban players that ask for better behaviour.

@reema i won’t be speaking to you anymore so please do not reply to this as I don’t think you are here to engage politely and constructively. You are clearly here to start fights as seen by all of your comments on the forum so I won’t be engaging anymore as ill probably get a “warning” for just replying to your trolling.

have a lovely evening.
    edited April 2021
    Can people share resources of places that handle or investigate racism and cultural appropriation for companies like glu? If we are being threatened with warnings I think we should issue some warnings of our own 
  • reemareema Registered Users, Member 24 Posts
    hi @KkhElena i apologise for misgendering you, it was gross and inexcusable all i can say is sorry and it won’t happen again. 

since the time that those comments were made i took time to reflect and think and i still stand by what i said, this is a game, not the real world, it’s a made up fantasy, which brings me into the point where the reason why i like my avatar to be a different skin tone is cause i change it all the time so it honestly doesn’t matter, my doll is a character in a game not a real person, i feel comfortable with my skin tone ha. my avatar is just some fantasy, a character that i’ve made up. so yes i don’t care when other players change their skin tones from white to black and vice versa cause this is a game and i’m pretty sure nobody is relating to a game lmfao
  • mysticgracemysticgrace Registered Users, Member 38 Posts
    edited April 2021
    reema said:
    hanhanhan said:
    reema said:
    hanhanhan said:
    “If you are not happy with moderation, you still need to follow the forum rules and respect each other. ”

So essentially we have to suck it up and deal with insufficient moderation even when we voice our concerns and provide clear instructions on what would be more appropriate and appreciated in the forum?

Hello @KalindaKing @kokokokonut as you can see here, @reema is starting and escalating an argument in this thread by targeting me which is clearly against forum rules. Will you give them a warning before banning them as they have clearly gone against forum rules?

Looking forward to the forum rules being upheld as I have been targeted here for no reason by someone who is clearly trolling and targeting people to start arguments online. Thanks!
    wow so offering you a solution to your problem is now “starting an argument” and targeting you. i’m not trolling anyone and honestly you and everyone else here are embarrassing, you claim that you want players to feel comfortable on the forum, but god forbid anyone does something that slightly offends you and all of a sudden it’s my way or the fucken highway. idk how many times i’ll say this but this is a game.

you don’t like the moderation, offer feedback/criticism, moderation don’t care leave. this is a solution, i’m not bullying you, and i’m not trying to start an argument.  
    This is some incredible backtracking since your initial comment was super rude and clearly not meant as a constructive solution. Dolls on this forum have been offering good and valuable feedback to the moderators for a while now. This might seem like a small issue to you but the term "microaggression" exists for a reason. 
    reema said:
    hi @KkhElena i apologise for misgendering you, it was gross and inexcusable all i can say is sorry and it won’t happen again. 

since the time that those comments were made i took time to reflect and think and i still stand by what i said, this is a game, not the real world, it’s a made up fantasy, which brings me into the point where the reason why i like my avatar to be a different skin tone is cause i change it all the time so it honestly doesn’t matter, my doll is a character in a game not a real person, i feel comfortable with my skin tone ha. my avatar is just some fantasy, a character that i’ve made up. so yes i don’t care when other players change their skin tones from white to black and vice versa cause this is a game and i’m pretty sure nobody is relating to a game lmfao
    And again you read the first few lines and replied. And you still find the situation funny so idk what to tell you
    reema said:
    hanhanhan said:
    reema said:
    hanhanhan said:

This is some incredible backtracking since your initial comment was super rude and clearly not meant as a constructive solution. Dolls on this forum have been offering good and valuable feedback to the moderators for a while now. This might seem like a small issue to you but the term "microaggression" exists for a reason. 
    it’s not backtracking, it’s called explaining since my words want to be twisted to fit different narratives
    hanhanhan said:
    reema said:
    hanhanhan said:
    reema said:
    hanhanhan said:

Hi @KalindaKing and @kokokokonut as you can see again, this person swore and that’s also against the forum rules. So that means they’ve violated at least a few already and haven’t been warned or banned. 

to you @reema you clearly used a condescending attitude and told me to leave. It is very valid approach to point out flaws in a system and provide suggestions for improvement. When people raise concerns about their governments, do you also tell them to “leave if they don’t like it?” 

I like this game, I enjoy it, and I love the idea of being able to discuss the game with other players. What I don’t like is problematic behaviour and racism and other forms of discrimination from players which is clearly also ignored by moderators who choose to ban players that ask for better behaviour.

@reema i won’t be speaking to you anymore so please do not reply to this as I don’t think you are here to engage politely and constructively. You are clearly here to start fights as seen by all of your comments on the forum so I won’t be engaging anymore as ill probably get a “warning” for just replying to your trolling.

have a lovely evening.
    wasn’t aware that swearing was against the rules and i’ve removed it
    Btw microaggressions are thing. And they're not new so if you could actually idk use the internet that some of you are wasting and search the term up, you'd be mind blown. Trust me
    Some of you are living in a world where microaggressions don't exist or you're just not aware of it and it's astonishing to be watching from afar. And when told that those things exist, the arrogance is fascinating
  • thatgalbiathatgalbia Registered Users, Member 456 Posts
    reema said:

baby what is so funny? can you please explain why you and many others wanna be a different skin tone so bad? like it really doesn’t make sense to me...
  • bethwbethw Registered Users, Member 172 Posts
    I mean, if you’re offended by people calling out issues such as racism and cultural appropriation, then there’s a pretty huge chance that you’re a part of the problem. 
    edited April 2021
    How I feel when @thatgalbia arrives on the scene 😘😍💞

• brenhinbrenhin Registered Users, Member 429 Posts
    I’m hardly on the forum lately but I have noticed when I come online to post something or when friends mention it that many of these situations happen quite frequently. It’s unfair for you tell people to stay silent, if something offends them, everyone should freely be able to express the hurt that has been caused by something. Secondly these discussions are important, how do people learn right from wrong and grow if they aren’t told? At this point you’re creating an uncomfortable environment for people to freely offend others with no sense of consequence, it just leads to reoccurring actions. This is definitely the wrong move made.

More moderators are definitely needed at this point, especially poc moderators so that this forum can be a safe space for everyone. But you claim it already is yet the response to your statement says otherwise. You wrongly ban members like Char and let blatant racists who said some extremely offensive things get a pass? It really doesn’t add up. I think you should re evaluate what you’ve said and take a step back to see that the forum is really losing a lot of usually active members because of how badly it is moderated and the recent issues presented. I think an apology should also be stated for how you and koko have responded to these problems. 
    🏳️‍🌈daily IOS player🏳️‍🌈
    🌈discord/insta/forum🌈

• meritedkkhmeritedkkh Registered Users, Member 673 Posts
    reema said:

baby what is so funny? can you please explain why you and many others wanna be a different skin tone so bad? like it really doesn’t make sense to me...
    i genuinely don’t understand LMAO. is it because you can’t change your skin color irl? (even though people do it with makeup and surgery). it’s so weird to be ridiculed for your features by the same people who suddenly want to look like you. y’all wanna be black till you’re pulled over by a cop. it’s weird behavior and if you can’t see that... idk what to tell you. 
  • thatgalbiathatgalbia Registered Users, Member 456 Posts
    How I feel when @thatgalbia arrives on the scene 😘😍💞

AWH LOL PLS this is cute 💘