Options

~ Apropos of Nuthin'

Comments

• Options
    astrayastray Registered Users 1,538 Posts
    Thanks soundspretty & astray. I'm feeling a whole lot better than before. It's the natural lime juice that's helped meโ˜บ.

I read on Facebook that Ariana Grande offered to pay the funeral expenses for the victim's families of the Manchester bombing. That's such a generous thing for her to do.

That's sweet of her :) and you're welcome Carol I'm glad you're feeling better.
  • Options
    EselleteaEselletea Registered Users 700 Posts
    I redownloaded the game! I had to start all over. :( but that's all right. My new doll is Violet Miersten. I think I'm on my old Jesse account. :)
    Currently playing 2 iOS games, PM to add!
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Welcome back to thgame. I love the name Violet. CNT wait to see you in fame.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    ๐Ÿฆ‹Purple Headed โ™Š+ ๐Ÿฅฅ Chick Playing iOS & Android ๐Ÿฆ‹
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐ŸŒŸIf you want my attention please send a dm
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    Welcome back to the forums eselle!:)

I'm so sorry that you had to play the game from the very beginning all over again:(. I know the feeling and it absolutely sucks. Something similarly had happened to my second game except my game took me back to my last year's old saved data (and not my current saved data):confused:. I lost most of my doll's event clothing:(.
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) โžก the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvmโ˜บ

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    :rolleyes: oh boy two people on Facebook seriously got mad because I asked why do people hack the game or even pay for hacks when they can just play the game the legit way? Then they get mad when GLU keeps them from participating in events they complain. It made me laugh.
  • Options
    Oh gosh you guys! I'm starting to feel sick :( like I'm abouts to catch a cold:eek:. My sore throat feels like it's getting a burning sensation like it's on fire:eek:!
    The bipolar weathered keeps on changing at NY :confused:

I know it's late, but next time you have a sore throat, try Chloraseptic. It's a throat spray in the cough drop, cold remedy section. Numbs your throat while it kills germs and just makes your throats better. - this has been a Mom moment, brought to from the heart. :p
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    My wisdom tooth update.

D-day countdown: 11 hours!!!

I was just telling Vatsy the other day that it was 6 days, and now here I am in the middle of the night not able to fall asleep!

I'm not taking the general anesthesia way because I don't want to wake up and start spouting nonsense lol (watched too much hilarious videos of people) it's overkill. Not doing the local anesthesia because it won't be enough. So IV sedation was recommended, dentist said "you'll be in a happy place", why does it sound like death to me lol.

I have to wake up in like 6 hours for my final meal. I mean last proper meal for the week, then I'm on liquid diet probably lol, good chance to lose weight ha ha.
    gOV2OuO.gif
    PM to add
  • Options
    My wisdom tooth update.D-day countdown: 11 hours!!!I was just telling Vatsy the other day that it was 6 days, and now here I am in the middle of the night not able to fall asleep!I'm not taking the general anesthesia way because I don't want to wake up and start spouting nonsense lol (watched too much hilarious videos of people) it's overkill. Not doing the local anesthesia because it won't be enough. So IV sedation was recommended, dentist said "you'll be in a happy place", why does it sound like death to me lol.I have to wake up in like 6 hours for my final meal. I mean last proper meal for the week, then I'm on liquid diet probably lol, good chance to lose weight ha ha.
    gOV2OuO.gif
    oh wow Nai, I remember my oral sugery to have my wisdom teeth extraction I was 16 years old and i was studying for my GCSE's ah yes I remember it like it was yesterday, lol. I was in excruciating pain , it actually burned so my nan made me a dentist appointment, i have chubby cheeks plus they're high since i have cheeroke in my blood anyway my cheeks were swollen anyway at that time because of my stupid lupus decided to flare well my wisdom teeth were trying to find their place in my mouth but my cheeks overlapped them so they couldn't they were basically cutting the inside of my cheeks making it impossible for me to eat or swallow anything, they were on the verge of causing me to get an abscess (those are painful!) So my dentist referred me to an oral surgeon and thus i found myself in pain but relief.The only thing i was able to eat is this:Jelly jelly_zpscm3kouc5.jpgand mashies (mash potatoes) it was apart of the diet the oral surgeon placed me on i was on it for about 2 weeks it'll probably be less for you since I'm not sure if you're getting all four of them extracted. The only thing i really hated was finally being able to get comfortable and sleep away the pain only to wake up from almost choking on my own blood & having to literally drool to get the blood out of your mouth. I seriously had to drool blood feels like every five or fifteen minutes because you can't spit or use mouthwash, you'll get dry socket & that's even more painful than having your tooth removed according to my cousin since she chose not to listen, you get a prescription from them for pain medication. You must keep your mouth clean and change the gauze that was pretty much the painful part because then i couldn't get back comfortable where i didn't feel any pain, my face was so swollen, lol. I couldn't do any of the things i normally did because things like bending, lifting, or anything that will cause you to strain because it will just make your mouth bleed heavily, can't let air hit your mouth either that can cause dry socket you're basically gonna need to rest the first day. I couldn't suck out of a straw there's so many things you can't do because that'll slow the healing process.oh and the doctor gave me a cleaning syringe with a curved tipit looked like this:you will put warm salt water in it and clean where your teeth were removed from but not then and there only when your mouth stops bleeding i think is when you'll be able to do that.12-ml-monoject-curved-tip-syringes-190_zpsbpwnpudt.jpgWith gauzes they also give you instructions to go with it.
  • Options
    soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    Oh wow, I definitely don't remember all that when I had my wisdom teeth out but it's been like 11 or 12 years? So I'm sure I'm just forgetting. I had to go on a liquid diet for a different kind of oral surgery and I did alright with soup and mashed potatoes and mac and cheese. I had to be on the diet for about 3 weeks, 2 for recovery and the last week because it still hurt to chew and I about died. I remember calling my sister because a Wendy's commercial came on and I was crying because I couldn't have a chicken sandwich hahahaha.
  • Options
    CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    Oh I had mine extracted last year. Local anesthesia helps though, I can't imagine otherwise. They'll literally bang and pull it out, there will be some blood and I remember holding the doctor's hand to stop, lol! That was embarrassing. But it's such a relief afterwards.

For the diet, jelly and ice cream helps. And I used to have oatmeal or pasta for lunch and dinner.
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
  • Options
    I didn't have to hold my doctor's hand because I was literally already sleepy so I knocked out before the anaesthetia took affect, also felt everything, the tooth got stuck at one point and he had to do whatever he did to get it out that was SO painful, i thought i was gonna die, lol. They gave me lite anaesthesia because I have Lupus and with the medications I take they were afraid that I wouldn't wake up if they put me under a heavy sedation.

Ice cream is good you're really supposed to eat cold things not warm things well mostly things that don't require a lot of chewing.
  • Options
    astray you are scaring me! I'll remember to request for more painkillers if I can. What worries me beyond my nervousness is that the dentist said according to my X-ray scan, my tooth is near a nerve. There may be risk of permanent nerve damage which results in not being able to taste food! Even though the chance is very very very tiny but sh!t happens right. I'm removing 2 on one side first, too cowardly to do all lol.

soundspretty HAHAHAHA you're hilarious! I remember to ate all my "last meals" for the next week or so the past few days so (hopefully) I wont cry like you did! I even drank my favorite bubble tea just yesterday night.

Bilal Hahaha seriously what's the whole genetic point for humans having wisdom tooth only to bring us pain and suffering... and embarrassment! Local anesthesia is not enough for me, you brave! I will be getting IV sedation, not sure how it feels lol.

I have all my foods stocked up, ice cream, yogurt, milk and my dad's in charge of my soups. I don't believe I can attempt eating any other food because I need to chew all my food otherwise I can't swallow. I have a function to attend on Sunday too, what the hell. I started my food fasting now already.
    PM to add
  • Options
    Good luck Nai. And they always warn you that you might have a possibility of nerve damage with extractions. It's to cover worst case scenarios. Good luck.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    soundspretty HAHAHAHA you're hilarious! I remember to ate all my "last meals" for the next week or so the past few days so (hopefully) I wont cry like you did! I even drank my favorite bubble tea just yesterday night.

I have all my foods stocked up, ice cream, yogurt, milk and my dad's in charge of my soups. I don't believe I can attempt eating any other food because I need to chew all my food otherwise I can't swallow. I have a function to attend on Sunday too, what the hell. I started my food fasting now already.

Honestly the worst were the cravings. I would've killed to be able to eat chips and salsa lol.

I'm sure you'll do great! Like I said I went on a date a few days after my surgery and I can't imagine that I would've gone if I wasn't feeling okay. But everyone's different.

I've only had IV sedation once before and that was for a surgery. That stuff knocks you out like it's nothing so no worries there.
  • Options
    Honestly the worst were the cravings. I would've killed to be able to eat chips and salsa lol.

I'm sure you'll do great! Like I said I went on a date a few days after my surgery and I can't imagine that I would've gone if I wasn't feeling okay. But everyone's different.

I've only had IV sedation once before and that was for a surgery. That stuff knocks you out like it's nothing so no worries there.

I take back my words... I am starting to feel all the cravings already!

It was so painful the first day, the painkillers were not taking any effect and I couldn't sleep the entire night. I could not close my mouth and I kept drooling *** (hey since when did w.t.f get censored?), I also accidentally kept biting down and it hurt. Next day, boom, I look like a grouchy bulldog and I already lost 2kg (this is the only good thing honestly). 3rd day now my face still looks lopsided because of the swelling lol, my family's so worried because none of them swelled up one bit. I always get the sh!tty genes of suffering. Thankfully the painkillers are working and I am not feeling as much pain as it is uncomfortable. I feel like I'm teething like a baby all over again, that itchy(?) sensation is unbearable.

Omg I don't want to whine so much but I can't believe I have to go through all these sh!t again in 3-4 weeks for my left wisdom teeth!!
    PM to add
  • Options
    I really didn't crave a lot of foods because I was used to not eating a lot with the diet that my doctor placed me on the moment i was diagnosed with Lupus (that was 13 years ago, I'm 24 years old now). I do love pizza so I think that was the only thing I didn't like not being able to eat.

On another note: I can't deal with NPC's they're too needy, sheesh,lol.

and Lucas & his wife Olivia have officially gotten a divorce, his first divorce will hopefully be his last.
  • Options
    AmyTAmyT Registered Users 1,164 Posts
    You guys, there's been another terror attack in London :( well, 2 incidents and another suspected. I'm in tears, I have family and friends in those areas, I'm so thankful that we have mobile phones and social media for the ability to be able to contact people quickly. It is such a cruel, scary world. I'm so sick of these monstrous acts becoming our new normal. I'm going to be up all night watching sky news for any developments.
    Top 20 +++
    My doll's name is Madison :)
    (~~ one cat short of crazy! ~~)

iOS player ~~ GC AmyTMadison
    Pm me if you'd like to add Madison on Facebook :)

#fangsforNai
  • Options
    AmyT wrote: ยป
    You guys, there's been another terror attack in London :( well, 2 incidents and another suspected. I'm in tears, I have family and friends in those areas, I'm so thankful that we have mobile phones and social media for the ability to be able to contact people quickly. It is such a cruel, scary world. I'm so sick of these monstrous acts becoming our new normal. I'm going to be up all night watching sky news for any developments.

I have family in London as well Amy, this is making me anxious. We have to have faith that our family and friends and everyone in London are in God's hands & he's watching over them.
  • Options
    Amy I am so sorry you are in the midst of this. Stay safe and stay stong.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Oh guys I need to vent a little.

Yesterday the day started full of joy when I bought V-Bot, but couldn't have ended worse.

Here's the thing, I'm on a professional inertia for a while, trying to start my own business (and failing!), last week a friend from college times said that her work place was hiring someone with my 'profile', well I'm very picky with jobs and having been turning down to work as employered, but this time I liked their propose.

The payement was a joke,but I'm moved by passion, in this case I'd be back to work with kids, something I really appreciate. So I did my interview last Friday, loved the place and the possibilities of developing my work.

I've met some of the children and they were adorable! There was this trio of boys, one asked me if I was a singer (this always happens!), I said 'Why do you think that?!', naturally assuming it was because of my looks, but then he said 'Because of your voice!' XD

We find out that one of them share his name with me, he was like 'We're clons!' and hugged me, the one who asked me about being a singer said 'Shut up! He's German' (this is a slang people use around here to describe people that have fair features, doesn't matter if the person has German ancestry or not, which actually is my case).

So I had this sweet taste of children spontaneity and got more excited about everything. I spent all the weekend making plans and yesterday they said I was selected between all contenders.

However they wanted to hire me just for half of the hours we initially have agreed. I got soooooooooooo disapointed, cause there are so much demand coming from there (numerous kids from different age ranges, between them there are cases of brain paralisys, Down syndrome, autism, some are deafs...), how can I develop a proper work on these conditions?

Half of these halven hours I'd be on meetings with the team providing feedback and planning activities, but feedback of what? If I barely would be able to take a look on the kids. Feels horrible gives people your insight and not be part of it. Don't want to be a freelancer!

These kids deserve better than that, act like that it's irresponsible, if not unethical.

I wrote to them saying I wasn't interested anymore, this totally left me sad and heartbroken, I truly was into the idea, could've been a life changer opportunity, but something that starts wrong doesn't have good prospectives.:(
    Viva La Vida ร La Vats!
  • Options
    Sweet vats, when one door closes, God opens a window. I think that means something much better for you is on the horizon. And just imagine if you taken that job you would have connected with the children and then when this other perfectly suited for you job comes along you would be torn in two having to leave the children that you've grown so attached to. That is KoKo's slice of lemon meringue pie for today. When God gives me lemons I don't make lemonade I make pie;)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Yeah I believe in that too, but you know, can't help but feeling frustrated.

Well I still have a second job... Play KKH! Hope soon my forum member status will change from 'expert' to 'professional'.:p
    Viva La Vida ร La Vats!
  • Options
    Is that a member title? Does it come in a different color? You are such an enthusiastic wonderful member here. I wish only good things for you...which reminds me...someone didn't sign the birthday list. I was going to put it in for you, but then thought...man of mystery might not want it out there. So I didn't but I'm not missing it this year.
    images_article_2016_08_01_shhh.gif
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    And this is a note to a stray friend. come on back and play. we miss you. emoticon-giving-a-kiss-on-the-cheek.png
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Need to rant a second. Long story short, my dad's side of the family does not get along. My grandma was admitted to hospice a little over a week ago and my dad has had to call in to the nurse to get updates because his family sucks and won't keep him updated. He called this morning and the nurse told him she couldn't tell him anything, that he had to talk to his family. So logical guess is that she passed, right? So he called me this morning asking if I could get ahold of the two cousins I still talk to and find out what's going on. My first choice is on a plane to Cali so who knows when she'll get my message and my second choice I think has played into the drama because she's not answering me back and I KNOW she's online. It's his mother for god's sake. Be petty any other time.

So now I'm middleman and I know my dad is getting impatient but what am I supposed to do?
  • Options
    I'm sorry you're going through this. They should NOT be keeping you and your father out of the loop.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Got a call back 4 hours later - she passed early Sunday morning. You guys, I'm LIVID right now. Put your differences aside for one freakin minute and be a grownup. It's ridiculous that he had to go through me, and I have to find someone who will talk to me, to find this out because nobody wanted to take his call to let him know his own mother had died. UNBELIEVABLE. I'm so glad that this remaining connection is gone and I'm finally done with this family.
  • Options
    I'm xirry for your loss. They are the ones missing out. Are final arrangements near either you or your dad?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    This is unbelievable, sorry you and your dad had to go through this. This is childish behavior. I hope your dad at least gets to attend her funeral, to pay his last respects or something.
    PM to add
  • Options
    The funeral should be in town however my parents live 8 hours away. My cousin promised to let me know as soon as arrangements are made so they'll have time to get here. I talked to my mom - she says my dad is hurt which is understandable. I almost expected this though because nobody even called him a week ago to let him know she was admitted to the hospital. I found out through my cousin and had to relay the message. And it's not like they didn't think he cared - my parents came into down and got to see her while she was still feeling ok/awake and THEY KNOW he did. So why they didn't reach out for this I'll never understand.

Thanks for letting me rant guys. I'm sitting at work feeling like I was about to go off on the next person who walked in :rolleyes: