Options

SYS - Haute Couture Theme Starts 1/7/19 !

Comments

• Options
    CandycornCandycorn Registered Users 91 Posts
    I've seen a lot of people annoyed by the fact that some people just buy their way to the top of the trendsetters list so I have a little tip that worked for me for the past 2 SYS. If I like a trendsetter award more than the last prize of the actual SYS I will just wait maybe 6 hours after the start of the SYS to open the game, the way I see it then my chances of getting paired with other people who maybe don't care that much and won't spend a ton are higher. The past 2 SYS events I did this because I liked the #1 Trendsetter prize and I managed to win them both. It's not guaranteed obviously, but it worked out nicely for me. 

Also, my opinion on trendsetters: I wouldn't mind if it was essentially p2w if the actual SYS earnables were easier to get. If I feel like I have to log on every 11.5 hours to make sure I don't miss out on a ticket just to win the standard prizes then I'm gonna care about the trendsetters too, since I'm putting so much work. If I could comfortably miss a few looks and not miss out on the main prizes then I wouldn't care about trendsetters being about paying. 
    I'm Thea on Android, add me on facebook
  • Options
    AmiliciousAmilicious Registered Users 415 Posts
    After a horrid first two entries, I’m trying to play catch-up. 

• Options
    CandycornCandycorn Registered Users 91 Posts
    Everyone's looks are so good, so I'm def using you guys for inspiration! Here are my first 4 which did pretty good imo, gonna try and tweak that last one because I really like the black dress for this theme. @kokokokonut I don't know if it was my doll you saw since I didn't use the headgear but it scored pretty well and I was thinking kind of a Victoria's Secret runway thing with it haha
    I'm Thea on Android, add me on facebook
  • Options
    shazaalyyshazaalyy Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    I am working hard to rank in first 5 to get the two outfits :"D but it's really hard
  • Options
    Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    edited January 2019
    My two looks so far. Hmm...🤔it seems like the voters on my game liked my doll's second look the most. 

Eta: I've also noticed that glu founded out about the reduced points when you wanna complete the event up to 380 points instead of 600 when you open up your game by the next day. Like why glu why?🙄🙄🙄🙄

Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,454 Posts
    Does someone have the pics for the male doll SYS and Trendsetters? I can't find any in this thread, but I want to post it in the Encyclopedia thread.
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    dotti_hdotti_h Registered Users, Member 614 Posts
    edited January 2019
    I don't get how all of you achieve 40-50 votes on these contests... Mine usually gets 25-35.... and when it is 35 I am basically over the moon...Sometimes it feels like the game is ignoring my doll or I dont even know.
    And I submit quite decent outfits not swimsuits and jeans etc like most people whose dolls I saw in the voting section :/
  • Options
    LovelyEmmaLovelyEmma Registered Users, Member 4,384 Posts
    LindaVB said:
    Does someone have the pics for the male doll SYS and Trendsetters? I can't find any in this thread, but I want to post it in the Encyclopedia thread.
    Males dont have a outfit for SYS nor Trendsetter! They just get Kstars on the SYS wille us girls get Itens!
    Platform: Originally Facebook and then played 2 days as Android
    Current Level: 72
    Ranking: 1+++
    Daily KKH player since around May 2015 entil early December 2020
  • Options
    LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,454 Posts
    LindaVB said:
    Males dont have a outfit for SYS nor Trendsetter! They just get Kstars on the SYS wille us girls get Itens!
    Seriously??? Oh my, that is cold... ok, I will update the Encyclopedia thread accordingly. Thanks!
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    AllegorieAllegorie Registered Users, Member 558 Posts
    edited January 2019
    Well, I am sorry to say that, but I'm getting bored of these super-long events. They happen too often, and are way too long. And when I see how rigged it is, how points are hard to get (the last 2 times I was like 50 points away from the hair, which is not bad overall but still not enough to get it), I don't want to participate anymore in this form of SYS. And I must say that makes me kind of sad, I have the feeling all the fun was taken away.
    ★ A+++ / Daily iOS player ★
        #BonusStarForParties
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    edited January 2019
    dotti_h said
    I don't get how all of you achieve 40-50 votes on these contests... Mine usually gets 25-35.... and when it is 35 I am basically over the moon...Sometimes it feels like the game is ignoring my doll or I dont even know.
    And I submit quite decent outfits not swimsuits and jeans etc like most people whose dolls I saw in the voting section :/

@dotti_h welcome to the forum.  

I'm sorry you're not having luck.  It really does depend on who you're paired with.  Would you like to post some of your looks, and we can offer tips if there are any?  I had a 39 on a great look, so it fluctuates.  
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    LindaVB said:
    LindaVB said:
    Seriously??? Oh my, that is cold... ok, I will update the Encyclopedia thread accordingly. Thanks!
    Yea... I have a friend (male) who told me that and i saw it with my own eyes aswell!
    At least they get a nice amount of Kstars :P 
  • Options
    So far the 4 looks i submited got 42, 41, 34 and 34!
    I mean it could have been worst for someone who has literally nothing Haute Couture stuff :P
  • Options
    mikaylachimomikaylachimo Registered Users 2,937 Posts
    @dotti_h usually the game is pretty good at pairing you up with looks that are about equally as good as yours. It’s really really rare to see one doll in a super good look against one in a swimsuit or something. So even though your look is great and better than what you see voting, it depends who you’re paired against, and how voters are feeling. Especially with this theme there’s so much inconsistency. So far my looks have ranged from 33-48 which is a huge difference. In previous events I’ve submitted exactly the same look twice and they’ll get totally different scores even though I didn’t change anything. SYS is so unpredictable.

Feel free to post your looks and look at ours!! I know myself and lots of other dolls look to the forum for inspo & feedback during SYS 😊
    platform: iOS 💞 message me for add info!
    follow my gameplay on instagram: mikaylakkh
  • Options
    kaydencekkhkaydencekkh Registered Users, Member 1,703 Posts
    Honestly the only way I would spend money on a SYS is if the items were amazing, I don’t like the trendsetters hair or the event hair so I’m happy if I don’t do that well this time 
    iOS player!
    add me on Facebook: kaydencekhh 
  • Options
    OhemilieOhemilie Registered Users 941 Posts
    edited January 2019
    I honestly hate everything this week, both the SYS earnables and the trendsetter bits. I’m not motivated at all to play because none of it is my style. I’m happy we have the event and earnables but just don’t like them if that makes sense?! 
    iOS player 
    level 69
  • Options
    thelifeofRaeRaethelifeofRaeRae Registered Users, Member 1,361 Posts
    Ohemilie said:
    I honestly hate everything this week, both the SYS earnables and the trendsetter bits. I’m not motivated at all to play because none of it is my style. I’m happy we have the event and earnables but just don’t like them if that makes sense?! 
    Same! I do not like either of the hairs we are going for. But I do love the boots and the clutch! I will have to see how to dress/shirt from SYS will look on my doll. But overall, I am not loving anything from Trendsetters. It is kind of refreshing not to have to worry about it though :) 
    iOS user
    #VIPKalinda
  • Options
    KimSkkhKimSkkh Registered Users, Member 122 Posts
    The theme is haute couture whic translate to high sewing. Basically designer high end clothes. A plain black dress can be high sewing if it is a certain fabric or has certain seam lines on it. An avant garde theme would be fun but the clothes are limited in kkh and the ones considered avant garde are in the hundreds of k stars.

Android player

• Options
    KimSkkhKimSkkh Registered Users, Member 122 Posts
    @LindaVB whats the thread for the encylopedia please?
    Android player

• Options
    alice_kkhalice_kkh Registered Users, Member 1,242 Posts

The first person in my trendsetters group bought quite a few tickets as well. I’m pretty sure she wasn’t on the list yesterday so I’m wondering whether they keep adding people to groups (a day after the event started) or what is going on🤔 I don’t care about the hair at all, she can buy it for all I care but I do hope there are no bots involved!

iOS
  • Options
    Kupkakez_Kupkakez_ Registered Users 310 Posts
    Here are my last 3 looks, so far so good I think.  Still don’t have trendsetters to know what I’m up against 🤷🏼‍♀️
  • Options
    melissakkhmelissakkh Registered Users, Member 1,043 Posts
    @alice_kkh When we had the SYS Wonderland Event people were wondering that too but @eggsandbananas told us that we are always paired with real people, so no bots. 
    There are so many people that are willing to buy tickets because they want to finish the event fast etc.
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    KimSkkh said:
    @LindaVB whats the thread for the encylopedia please?
    You can find all the reference links listed here, in the reference hub.  If you can see icons, its the  umbrella 
    Check ut out. The encyclopedia is there along with others.  :)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    judithkkhjudithkkh Registered Users 1,699 Posts
    edited January 2019
    does anyone know how many points you need for the dress? i'm not crazy about it but i'd like to get it
    it's day 2 and i'm exhausted already, why turning a fun, relaxing game into this babysitting situation where if you miss a look you're (probably) out of the competition? 
    and i know we can pass it on but that's not the point, all of our feedback for the SYS event has been taken out of context because no one asked for more prizes (especially not jewelry) and no one wanted the K-stars to be gone
  • Options
    NayaritismNayaritism Registered Users, Member 77 Posts
    edited January 2019
    Why add more prizes, if it still stops at the tenth winner?

What's the logic here.... that you want it to stay an all out battle for the coveted top spots that now only have exclusive items since removing stars. Thus encouraging even more ticket buying.

Why can't more prizes mean actual more prize winners?
    Like now the new accessories increases the prizes to top 15... or le gasp top 20.

Edited to add: that's what I thought the whole more prizes spoiler meant, that more people would win things because that's the nice thing to do for all the effort put into the game, and money. And I'm super sure that trendsetter number 11 would love a necklace over kash and energy that they can get from voting.
    Platform: Amazon
    #CalibrateMakeup4DarkSkinTones
    (^you guys made that happen for Covet so the capability does exist)
    #ListenToFeedback
    (^you guys say you do, please prove that you actually do)
  • Options
    alice_kkhalice_kkh Registered Users, Member 1,242 Posts
    I really hope that's true. Thanks @melissakkh !😌
    iOS
  • Options
    KoakumaKoakuma Registered Users 791 Posts
    Looks so far 

Once again I'm not sure I get the theme
  • Options
    DelphineGarnierDelphineGarnier Registered Users 4,828 Posts
    KimSkkh said:
    The theme is haute couture whic translate to high sewing. Basically designer high end clothes. A plain black dress can be high sewing if it is a certain fabric or has certain seam lines on it. An avant garde theme would be fun but the clothes are limited in kkh and the ones considered avant garde are in the hundreds of k stars.

That's why this theme seems like a weird choice to me. How do you base a look in this game on how the clothing is sewn? 
    Platform: Android

• Options
    puapua Registered Users, Member 196 Posts
    By far, this has to be the most torturous event I've ever joined. Why is it so damn long?

Amazon Kindle player but if you are Android, you can now add me too!
    Facebook: Deepika Kkh
    #BlackDollsMatter
    #BrownDollsMatter
    #ImploreDiversity
    #CalibrateMakeup4DarkSkinTones
  • Options
    charlottegoldcharlottegold Registered Users, Member 1,991 Posts

My worst and best looks so far, after six rounds. Sidenote that teal dress I think is beautiful but it NEVER does well in SYS so I need to learn my lesson 😂