Options

Weekend Event 10/23/15 ~ Birthday's Over But the Party Lives On!!!!

kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
PartyLivesOn.gif

Happy Birthday Kim, Your Birthday was special, thanks for the clothes.......
But there's still an air of Celebration on the Horizon, and then we saw
THIS!

Teaser.jpg

And before I saw this, as others asked 'So this is the big Birthday Celebration everyone was raving about? Meh'
I started thinking.......we did a photoshoot
But where was the Party?

So I'm going out on a ledge, (Useless Esp don't fail me now)

I think there's a birthday PARTY in our future??

So put on your favorite outfit, Let's hope we get the awesome clothes with Kim's friends in the teaser
And my good friends the Black Eyed Peas are here to get it started in here.

It's the
After Birthday Birthday Party

AlexConfetti_zpshogoj502.gif

Oh, and did I mention....
Bar's Open

AfterBDBDP.jpg

Link to this week's Event Pictures
If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
I Am NOT a Glu Employee
🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
💜Vats
💜#VipKalinda
#RecollectionsMayVary
Prev13456789

Comments

• Options
    kateliciouslykateliciously Registered Users 422 Posts
    Yeah! So excited for the real birthday event. If I'm not wrong Kim said during the birthday shoot where we got the dress that it will be a party event. 😉
  • Options
    Stardust1Stardust1 Registered Users 764 Posts
    I love this community so much!!. Everybody at work is looking at me because I LOL with the bar is open graphic description. Now I'm the insane person looking at climate change vulnerability issues and laughing. :P

Here's how we would experience a birthday party in my side of the woods ;)...oh! and in my native country (Colombia) no matter how little or much you dance there is no way you'll be sitting if everybody's dancing. That would be like saying you're party is not fun. So everybody!, let's go dance ;)

How in the world do you make the video to actually show?
    Xime level 30
    Let's be KKH friends!
    XIME and JAX got married! See them in their celebration Here
  • Options
    Fixed it for you. :) And yeah, let's dance. I love this one.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    trevoractortrevoractor Registered Users 1,114 Posts
    I really hope it's a party event. And with an earnable hairstyle for guys WITHOUT a hat. But that'll probably never happen, so I guess I'll just prepare for another suit, sunglasses, and watch. :(
    A+++ Lister // GameCenter: TrevorActor :cool:
  • Options
    Fixed it for you. :) And yeah, let's dance. I love this one.

Yaay, thanks!!. Gloria Estefan is like the Shakira from 20 years ago. Here her "english" music is not very popular BUT I'm sure if it is for dancing anything with some fast bit is good. lol.
    Xime level 30
    Let's be KKH friends!
  • Options
    I really hope it's a party event. And with an earnable hairstyle for guys WITHOUT a hat. But that'll probably never happen, so I guess I'll just prepare for another suit, sunglasses, and watch. :(

True. Speaking of dreams I would love it if some pants were actually well fitted for the guys. I'm sick of the gap between the pants and the shoes they have all the time. I mean, the guys can't even go to a formal event without showing their lack of socks to the world!.

I've started to not try to earn all of the earn-ables for Garrett in some events because a guy can only have so much watches and shades.
    Xime level 30
    Let's be KKH friends!
  • Options
    Stardust1 wrote: »
    I've started to not try to earn all of the earn-ables for Garrett in some events because a guy can only have so much watches and shades.

Please tell that to my son. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    While I would love a party, What I'm really aching for is another Fashion Vote event. There were a few glitches in the first one, so I'm hoping they tighten it up, and do another one. That was absolutely the most fun I've had in the game in a while. I mean I love it, and it's all good, but that event added the WOW factor back in.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    kateliciouslykateliciously Registered Users 422 Posts
    While I would love a party, What I'm really aching for is another Fashion Vote event. There were a few glitches in the first one, so I'm hoping they tighten it up, and do another one. That was absolutely the most fun I've had in the game in a while. I mean I love it, and it's all good, but that event added the WOW factor back in.
    I really hope that we'll get another voting event soon. Maybe in November? Wouldn't it be awesome if our dolls had to dress up for a walk in autumn and we could get a trencoat, a big *Zara* scarf etc as earnable items? 😍
  • Options
    MommyTo3MunchkinsMommyTo3Munchkins Registered Users 341 Posts

I LOVED that event! It was different and fun! I would love to see it again!

~Melissa~
    GC: MommyTo3Munchkins

• Options
    SassyVoguetteSassyVoguette Registered Users 1,510 Posts
    Yay partyyy! Friday is day off for me this week woo hoo
    t4zp75.jpg

Btw my fingers are itching to touch the plus in the upper right corner.. I don't know if this is the right time to do my first comeback.. In the middle of Kim's bday and weekend event...
    Vats has my heart. Forever. 💕

iOS
    07/2014 
  • Options
    LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,454 Posts
    I personally think any weekend event is THE time to do a comeback because then all the gigs you do have meaning again because you gain fans afterwards!! And as you do so many gigs or throw so many parties during a weekend event you will rise even quicker!

t4zp75.jpg

Btw my fingers are itching to touch the plus in the upper right corner.. I don't know if this is the right time to do my first comeback.. In the middle of Kim's bday and weekend event...
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    LindaVB wrote: »
    I personally think any weekend event is THE time to do a comeback because then all the gigs you do have meaning again because you gain fans afterwards!! And as you do so many gigs or throw so many parties during a weekend event you will rise even quicker!

Thanks Linda :) I was reading the sticky comeback thread today and I think its now or never lol

iOS
    07/2014 
  • Options
    Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts

Im 100% sure that it will be a party weekend event this week. I would say go for it since it's the right timing for it. When you're throwing house parties at the Calabasas mansion, your e-list to a-list ranking will pretty much move up faster on the top star list after you completed them.☺

The worst part about the comeback is that when you reach the a-list, it takes forever to move up on the top star list. It's such a working progress since throwing 3 hr house parties is highly recommended for party weekend events.😐
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    Im 100% sure that it will be a party weekend event this week. I would say go for it since it's the right timing for it. When you're throwing house parties at the Calabasas mansion, your e-list to a-list ranking will pretty much move up faster on the top star list after you completed them.☺

The worst part about the comeback is that when you reach the a-list, it takes forever to move up on the top star list. It's such a working progress since throwing 3 hr house parties is highly recommended for party weekend events.��

Thank for the tips Carol :) it's def a week of firsts for me :)
    Okay.. So I finally bought it! Made my first purchase in game, like my very first ever in any game lol usually my standard doesn't allow me to buy stuff in game, so I play with limited resources.. 10 eur is 20 bgn.. That's dinner, drink and a dessert in my country lol or gas for my car for a week to drive.. Or a tshirt on sale lol
    I think this is a great offer because of k stars and that hair! So I gave in.. Maybe I'll regret it when my credit card statement arrives lol who cares, I'm happy :)
    33ku77q.jpg

iOS
    07/2014 
  • Options
    Someone mentioned Gloria Estefan.. I adore her!
    This is my fav song of her :)

Sorry, I don't know how to post a video (can someone explain me, or is there a thread so I can read how ro do it? PM me pls )

iOS
    07/2014 
  • Options
    CherreyCherrey Registered Users 1,496 Posts
    I love that song! But I prefer the english version called "Wrapped" :)
  • Options
    I fixed it. Here's what I do. To the right of the invisible "Insert Image" tab in the post's text box upper grey area, there is an invisible "Insert Video" tab. You tap that, and a box pops up. you insert your url in the box, and hit ok. that should work for you, In the meantime, I fixed it. We have a test thread if you want to check it out. Otherwise, I'm happy to help till you get the hang of it. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    DMV_DollDMV_Doll Registered Users 1,470 Posts
    I love the message on the graphic :)
    t4zp75.jpg

I don't make the rules... I just follow them most of the time 😉

Andriod player
  • Options
    I fixed it. Here's what I do. To the right of the invisible "Insert Image" tab in the post's text box upper grey area, there is an invisible "Insert Video" tab. You tap that, and a box pops up. you insert your url in the box, and hit ok. that should work for you, In the meantime, I fixed it. We have a test thread if you want to check it out. Otherwise, I'm happy to help till you get the hang of it. :)

Thanks Koko, I'll try it def :)
    Cherrey wrote: »
    I love that song! But I prefer the english version called "Wrapped" :)

Yeah, the English has more powerful lyrics :) I don't know why the Spanish is stuck in my head forever lol
    Since I can remember I prefer the Spanish version

iOS
    07/2014 
  • Options
    HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts

I struggle with finding the invisible tabs so I've learned the "language"

To insert a video, just type [video] and then paste the link

This also works with for images and for web addresses and to make something bold and to underline something

At the end of any of your video link or image link or phrase you want to underline, you use the brackets and / plus the correct word or letter. [/correct word]

Make sense?
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • Options
    Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    Someone mentioned Gloria Estefan.. I adore her!
    This is my fav song of her :)

Sorry, I don't know how to post a video (can someone explain me, or is there a thread so I can read how ro do it? PM me pls )

I posted a youtube step-by-step instructions on how to post videos on the forums. I think that it also applies for computer/laptop too. Here's the link: http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?160000-Test-Thread-for-Images-and-Videos&p=386033#post386033
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    DMV_DollDMV_Doll Registered Users 1,470 Posts
    I hope the Android issue is fixed before the event begins. It's not affecting me personally, but I feel bad for my amigos that are having problems.
    I don't make the rules... I just follow them most of the time 😉

Andriod player
  • Options
    PolkaDotPolkaDot Registered Users 1,226 Posts
    HollySisk wrote: »

Yes. Perfect explanation.

I have trouble with the invisible buttons too. Not sure why they remain invisible?
  • Options
    I think it happened when the colors were changed for our section of the Forums. I could be wrong, bt I don't think it's easy to get them changed.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    PolkaDotPolkaDot Registered Users 1,226 Posts
    Ah. Ok. It would be a nice gift to the forumites some day, if they could make those visible.
  • Options
    Minne623Minne623 Registered Users 335 Posts
    Stardust1 wrote: »
    I love this community so much!!. Everybody at work is looking at me because I LOL with the bar is open graphic description. Now I'm the insane person looking at climate change vulnerability issues and laughing. :P

Here's how we would experience a birthday party in my side of the woods ;)...oh! and in my native country (Colombia) no matter how little or much you dance there is no way you'll be sitting if everybody's dancing. That would be like saying you're party is not fun. So everybody!, let's go dance ;)

How in the world do you make the video to actually show?

Hey another Colombiana!!! Hola :)

The weekend event hasn't started and I'm already annoyed by it!! I haven't been able to play because of the Kim pick/box/bonus whatever you want to call it.. I feel pressured to buy it because my game isn't working right. I'm not getting Simons calls because the box keeps popping up. Anytime I go into a different location or enter anywhere the Kim bday thing pops up, so Simons calls aren't gone thru, it's not that I forgot the location either. Grrrr

On another note I love Gloria Estefan growing up in Miami it was all you heard over there, and I even bumped into her once she's tiny! Funny thinking of that moment when I bumped into her, she had that big 80s hair, I want to say she was wearing some of those crazy leggings and the old school high top reeboks :P
    #gottalovetheeighties
    GC Minne622
  • Options
    bladeoobladeoo Registered Users 315 Posts
    I think it happened when the colors were changed for our section of the Forums. I could be wrong, bt I don't think it's easy to get them changed.

They just have to change the 'color' of the words within the coding. A little tedious but not difficult.
    You can call me SONIA
    GC name is snowrice
    KKH Doll is Trixie
    K&K Doll is Lexie
    :cool:
  • Options
    AliBryantAliBryant Registered Users 6,169 Posts
    I'm thinking 99% chance of a party event, so I started my 8 hour party in Calabasas already :D
    iOS
  • Options
    ARTPOPARTPOP Registered Users 530 Posts
    How many hours till the event starts? 3 hours?