Weekend Event 09/11/2015 - Power Bands and Dance Parties ~ We love the 80s

Comments

• natchulanatchula Registered Users 135 Posts
    I don't know how to put videos straight from YouTube, but if I was having a fashion show, I would open it with this song; http://youtu.be/_Nf00pW5JOU

Anyways, I'm submitting this outfit next and I can't decide between the three sunglasses, which one do you guys prefer? The outfit doesn't seem complete with some sunglasses.

214qy2p.jpg
    add me on GC; natbchula
  • Minne623Minne623 Registered Users 335 Posts
    KaylaJ wrote: »
    was gonna show off my look but seeing people's comments about the grey top which was in my first look, the basic black shoes which are in my 2nd look, and others yeah no.

I feel horrible now, I am sorry if I offended you. Wasn't my intention, and whoever said the top is very versatile is right, I wish it would come in other colors too actually... I guess it's just a little annoying that a huge percentage of the dolls have them. Some look great and some look meh...
    Don't get disincorouged, I'm sure you're doll looks great!!
    GC Minne622
  • lespritdescalierlespritdescalier Registered Users 66 Posts
    natchula wrote: »
    I don't know how to put videos straight from YouTube, but if I was having a fashion show, I would open it with this song; http://youtu.be/_Nf00pW5JOU

Anyways, I'm submitting this outfit next and I can't decide between the three sunglasses, which one do you guys prefer? The outfit doesn't seem complete with some sunglasses.

214qy2p.jpg

i vote for the event glasses, number three! (although you look so chic in two, as well.)
  • nebula macaronnebula macaron Registered Users 239 Posts
    It's kinda entertaining to vote if it weren't because the game keeps crashing after a couple of votes.
    I deleted all my GC friends because I am planning to do my second comeback, so if I had you added I'm really sorry!
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    I'm mad that I have to wait another four hours to resubmit my doll's outfit because it didn't go through. Uggghhh 😣
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• DelphineDelphine Registered Users 70 Posts
    natchula wrote: »

214qy2p.jpg

I think 3 is the best. It matches your dress the best!

@Carol It will go through, don't worry! The lookbook message popped up for me too, and I still received my rewards.
  • lespritdescalierlespritdescalier Registered Users 66 Posts
    this poor unfortunate soul:

YlntgJm.png

this is the hardest one to judge i've come across to date:
    V3OfOLc.png

also, i totally gained four million followers since i took the first screenshot and dropped four places in the ranking. SIGH. (and maybe kind of bought some new shoes to cheer myself when i didn't get anything out of the gift box.)
    KaylaJ wrote: »
    was gonna show off my look but seeing people's comments about the grey top which was in my first look, the basic black shoes which are in my 2nd look, and others yeah no.

Honestly, it doesn't matter if you're wearing that crop top. Whatever your doll wears could be the cheapest of the outfits or the most exclusive and coveted outfits, whats matters is how you make it work, and this might seem trivial because pixels, but this applies to real life fashion as well.

It's about how creative you are with what you come up with [which is why I said I wasn't going to vote for head-to-toe event outfits]. Those items were picked up to match each other, which is the safe bet; I don't like that.
    I'd rather see a doll in starter items, that makes the outfit work, than something that screams "Yeah I picked this up because I know it's the safe way to go". That's when I think they the lack ability to mix and match and they lack the style to make something work regardless of how exclusive it is.

I've seen the black sandals over and over again yet I still don't criticize them for that, why?
    Because for all I know they just started playing.
    For all I know they just lost their entire game progress and items and have nothing else to show.
    For all I know they can't afford to buy kstars and that's why they have to stick to starter items.

I don't know each player's situation nor the time they've been playing the game so my vote goes to whoever makes it work best, period.

I'm sorry for the long rant but yeah, honestly I feel like your doll should wear whatever you want and go for it.
    I deleted all my GC friends because I am planning to do my second comeback, so if I had you added I'm really sorry!
    Okay so I got the sunglasses. My game is acting very weird. It's probably a lucky glitch. I don't know⁉
    So I chose the third look for my doll. Let me see what look I can come up with next.
    tmp_31671_KKH_Screenshot_1442030651212615001529.jpg

tmp_31671_Screenshot_2015_09_12_00_01_50_1118746.png

image hosting 20mb
    Daily Android KKH player

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• DMV_DollDMV_Doll Registered Users 1,470 Posts
    Got the dress 😆

PhotoGrid_1442031009776_zpsgwkrpgxz.jpg

This is the last vote for me 2nite... Off to bed I go

PhotoGrid_1442026166963_zps1zc1n1l1.jpg
    I don't make the rules... I just follow them most of the time 😉

Andriod player
  • Danielle_ModelsDanielle_Models Banned Users 870 Posts
    Is there any outcome in any of the weekend event gigs? Any points towards the event?
  • IlanawexlerIlanawexler Registered Users 130 Posts
    Is there any outcome in any of the weekend event gigs? Any points towards the event?

In the final gig you're given the option to confront the person sabotaging you at fashion week or press charges against them. I was given 50 event points after I finished this gig.
    Okay so this will be the fourth look for my doll.
    tmp_21829_Screenshot_2015_09_12_00_35_08_1615001.png
    images upload
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

• MauveMauve Registered Users 489 Posts

Did it matter which one you choose?
    〖 Ramona Alomarah 〗
    ❁A++
    ❁Top 10.
    ❁Mother of two.
    ❁iOS player.
  • DannilionDannilion Registered Users 19 Posts
    If I put the black tights with red shoes (from last Halloween I think) on after the romper it swaps the bottom half for the long white skirt. I can then swap the skirt to another one (only works with skirts, not shorts or trousers) and to different shoes.

I forgot to take a pic of my first look but it was the purple dress from the recent event, curled hair with purple hat, and silver accessories. I'm interested in what the other doll was wearing now :-)
  • Ben WijayaBen Wijaya Registered Users 36 Posts
    Actually it is not difficult, it is like stealing candy from a baby! Having a sense of style helps.

Show%20Your%20Style%20NY%20Fashion%20Week%20Outfit_zpsvgc41mjn.jpg
    Considering I'm pretty close to the bag, I'll have fun for the rest of the weekend.
    From left to right, first five are the outfits I've submitted so far. I took inspiration from different cities, not just New York. And the last two are my good oldies. I survived on those outfits for months because I couldn't really afford other clothes. That black dress cost me a ****ing lot to earn. I tend to repeat on hairstyles and accessories a lot, too.
    x3vnms.png
  • lalaloveyoulalaloveyou Registered Users 122 Posts
    Dannilion wrote: »
    If I put the black tights with red shoes (from last Halloween I think) on after the romper it swaps the bottom half for the long white skirt. I can then swap the skirt to another one (only works with skirts, not shorts or trousers) and to different shoes.

Shhhhhh! If Glu hears you, they'll "fix" that and take it away, like they did with stealing the shoes from the gift box jumpsuits!

(I'm only kidding, of course. :) Though they do seem to enjoy killing our fun with stuff like this. But yeah, that works if you have the tall Halloween boots, too.)
  • DannilionDannilion Registered Users 19 Posts
    Shhhhhh! If Glu hears you, they'll "fix" that and take it away, like they did with stealing the shoes from the gift box jumpsuits!

(I'm only kidding, of course. :) Though they do seem to enjoy killing our fun with stuff like this. But yeah, that works if you have the tall Halloween boots, too.)

If Glu are reading this, that's not a bug, it's a feature. Leave it alone :P
  • lalaloveyoulalaloveyou Registered Users 122 Posts
    Also, everyone looks lovely. :D I'm too lazy to look up how to post pictures again, but I like seeing everyone else's!

I'm liking how easy this event is turning out to be (after the initial confusion, of course). Not a fan of all the glitches, but I realize it's new, so I'm sure they'll work those out. Not sure yet how I feel about them doing this again for a weekend event ... I might be okay with it if they keep the points low. But I agree with everyone else who said maybe it would be better as some kind of mid-week thing.

If nothing else, the voting thing is a change of pace, and something to do while you wait for energy or whatever. Just need it to stop crashing after 5 or so votes.
  • SayuSayu Registered Users 90 Posts
    I can't submit looks for hours already. I'm not getting any results either.. Is this happening to someone else?!
  • LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,448 Posts
    YES, got the dress!!
    image_zpsdfyqdmiq.jpg

image_zpshbfvocd9.jpg
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • pandamoo85pandamoo85 Registered Users 107 Posts
    Got the dress, thanks to finishing the gig thing! Honestly don't really care about the purse -- I don't like them much in general, so I'm ambivalent about getting it. If I get enough points by the end of the weekend, great! Otherwise no stress, I just like this voting thing, it's more fun than grinding gigs xD

tumblr_nujxprz9v51scxz2ko1_r1_400.jpg
    My avi's name is Star -- she shows up as Starfaise for GC contacts. :o
  • Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    tumblr_nujxepJkS51qfvh9po1_1280_zps7cmvvkhy.png

success!! I've arrived at getting the shoes and will try for everything since I like the jacket & wouldn't mind owning it. If I'm honest, I really like some of the outfits, or even pieces, but the thought of having to get 600 event points for everything is too much. Can we go back down to 400 glu? please? or only 600 on events that are 4 days?

Hopefully round 5 will be successful:

tumblr_nujxeggo4b1qfvh9po1_1280_zpsrr6otj2u.png

wish me luck! (ack! and now I realize that I forgot to switch the jeans to black. oh well!)
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
    Does anyone think that this outfit match? What is your honest opinion about this?
    tmp_9514_Screenshot_2015_09_12_04_52_08_16150015.png
    photo storage
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

• SassyVoguetteSassyVoguette Registered Users 1,510 Posts
    I'm more into being behind those things, y'know. Like, I'd like to be a junior designer in a fashion magazine [my dream is Vogue but we'll see]. However, that doesn't mean I wouldn't be stylish. I do take my fashion very seriously so for me it isn't just fun but it's also like, something I do place my opinion and thought upon because it is part of my career plan after all.

I wanna be like Esther Quek, fashion director of The Rake and other publications.
    Esther_Quek_Group_Fashion_Director_The_Rake_Melod.jpg

Same dream here :) "In VOGUE we trust" ;) I plan to enter another master program - Fashion Management and Bussiness
    I hope your dreams come true (and mine too lol)
    I'm living the dream through this game - Fashion Week :D
    Vats has my heart. Forever. 💕

iOS
    07/2014 
  • SassyVoguetteSassyVoguette Registered Users 1,510 Posts
    Does anyone think that this outfit match? What is your honest opinion about this?
    tmp_9514_Screenshot_2015_09_12_04_52_08_16150015.png
    photo storage

I LIKE IT Carol. I would def vote for that look ;)
    Vats has my heart. Forever. 💕

iOS
    07/2014 
    I LIKE IT Carol. I would def vote for that look ;)

Oh thanks. I thought the same thing too. My doll is so tired of wearing black pants, so she needed khaki pants. I noticed the khaki pants compliments the olive scarf very well.
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

• ChanrinChanrin Registered Users 516 Posts
    After voting for while and seeing people sporting fancy dresses, I decided to go for basicass yet cool looks :D The 1st one won, The second one is still pending.

9bd48c88-2066-480f-80ee-934c41427557_zps7hpyaw4u.png~original166032d8-0a17-4e0b-8e49-f68f17a247f0_zpsskbdgrbg.png~original

One things is certain, this event is totally growing on me, it's fun and not too much work ^^
    Do you hear the phone when I call ?
    Do you feel the thud when I fall?
    Do you hear the crack when I break ?

---
    #TeamCassio
    This will be my doll's fifth look for NYC fashion week. Omg I am so truly inspired from my own hometown.
    tmp_11546_KKH_Screenshot_1442053022358615001529.jpg
    free screen capture
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG