Options

Weekend Event 10/23/15 ~ Birthday's Over But the Party Lives On!!!!

Comments

• Options
    EselleteaEselletea Registered Users 700 Posts
    Someone mentioned before that they thought the extra event stars came from purchasing Kim's pick and I agree! I got the extra event points on my girl's iPad game but not on the guy's iPhone game.

I'm trying to get as much done as I can tonight because I have a trip to Busch gardens tomorrow with my sisters and next week I'll be on a cruise to the Bahamas woo hoo! Totally stings that I'll miss the cool Halloween stuff though. :(

I got those event green pants in Jesse's box. Shae got that black labia shirt lol I guess it was about time I got one since I don't own any. The GB dress is gorgeous but I know better than to chase it. Saving my stars and money.

Edit: congrats to all the androids who can play again! So glad everything worked out :)
    Currently playing 2 iOS games, PM to add!
  • Options
    Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    tumblr_nwp3x5joUG1qfvh9po1_1280.jpg

With only one shot at the boxes, and the neither outfit really interesting me in particular, I was hoping for k-stars but of my selection I definitely got the best possible outcome.

tumblr_nwp54kWRsU1qfvh9po1_500.jpg

It's funny - I wasn't fussed about this top (and the design for/of the interior shirt portion still confuses me - is that....netting over a collar shirt?) but now that it's mine I'm starting to like it more and more ;3
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
  • Options
    ChicCharlotteChicCharlotte Registered Users 571 Posts
    Call me Miss Grouch with this weekend event. I received $4K in my main game gift box (on the Kindle Fire).. with no stars to spare there, I couldn't try a second box. Then I tried on my iPhone where I'm not really playing much of a game and received a blouse in beige from the early levels of the game (v-neck, flouncy ruffle.. hated those from the beginning!) and since I do have stars to spare on the iPhone game, I tried for a second box and got one of the generic handbags that pop up in the regular gift boxes. :( All three bonus items were in each of my games too! Since I'm not fond of the earner items. :( I'm done with this event.

... aaaand now that I've let that out *exhaling* my grouchiness is over. There will be more cute stuff and I'm sure my luck will be better another weekend. Sorry for the rant ;)

Have a fabulous weekend, everyone! HBD, Kim!
    Began an iOS game and need friends!
    Also deleted old Facebook account. Please refriend me if you play iOS.
    https://facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009525168362
  • Options
    pizzapartypizzaparty Registered Users 94 Posts
    I got the dress in the giftbox for my android game- so excited because I love the dress and shoes, but was so sure I wouldn't be lucky enough to pick the right box. I just started a new game on my new iphone so I haven't even racked up enough points to open the giftbox. I really hope I get something good because I really need clothes!
  • Options
    HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    pizzaparty wrote: »
    I got the dress in the giftbox for my android game- so excited because I love the dress and shoes, but was so sure I wouldn't be lucky enough to pick the right box. I just started a new game on my new iphone so I haven't even racked up enough points to open the giftbox. I really hope I get something good because I really need clothes!

Congrats on finding the dress! Few people are getting it so your doll will be the envy of all her friends.

For your new game on your iPhone, What's your GC name? We can become friends and I'll gift you some clothes.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • Options
    LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,454 Posts
    Just finished the third and final gig of the weekend and got so many event stars! And afterwards Kim called and gave me a bunch more, so I got the dress!!!
    Wow three new outfits in as many days, love them!!

image_zpsdbifacru.jpeg
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    CatherineBayCatherineBay Registered Users 372 Posts
    Trying to not rush like I did last weekend. Will have the shoes after the next party!

My free box was as bad as it can get
    2B13B4F6-74C9-43AD-92DB-7681598771FF.png_zpsl2v4ekei.jpeg

However I then bought another and got lucky.
    D1DA571E-DFFD-4CE3-A3DA-14911E51EADD_zpsvv95ut8l.jpg
  • Options
    Lulu01Lulu01 Registered Users 256 Posts
    I can finally enter my game and play the weekend event. I wasn't looking here, because I wanted to be surprise what the items looks like and uhm... The green dress are not my style at all. The shoes looks so random to me. I don't know if I will even play. :D I got the birthday dress, some event points and 30 kstars from Glu, so I am pretty happy with this. :)
    I openee the giftbox and miss the dress. They were right next to the box I choose. Nevermind.
    But I will probably go after the shoes. You can always use them with anything.
  • Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Congrats Andrzej! You look great in that entire outfit + the hair! I like that coat, and am even contemplating spending money for Jax. I haven't spent money for him at all since I only created him out of curiosity for the men's wardrobe.

LindaVB, Nice!! Yeah 3 outfits is awesome, I think Koko said Kim's birthday sparked out the celebration mood last year and I'm already getting excited from now on.

Catherine, which box did you pick? Lol, :p And full of energy and Kash in the entire set is gross. I'm now more likely not going to buy 3 boxes per set.

Vats, GET WELL SOOOOOOOOOOON!!

Charli, congrats on the pants!! Were you able to investigate why Bilal freezed in everyone's game?

Holly, good catch! I also couldn't quite figure out what's wrong with the hair, thought it kinda lacks dimension, looks 2D to me.
    PM to add
  • Options
    DMV_DollDMV_Doll Registered Users 1,470 Posts
    I completed all three event gig's. The final is the usual 6hrs ,invite a friend, 25 event stars + additional stars for bonus items. At first I was bummed that I didn't any extra stars for completing all three events, but when I left the venue, Kim called :D

PhotoGrid_1445682809056_zpsapbutznt.jpg
    (Notice the "almost perfect ".... I chose Miami, Sydney and Paris)

I should have chose Vegas (she goes there every year, but oh h e l l well she still gave me more event stars!!!!!!!! Lol I don't know how many because I only needed 28 to finish.

PhotoGrid_1445682159246_zps1guuhjnd.jpg
    I don't make the rules... I just follow them most of the time 😉

Andriod player
  • Options
    SassyVoguetteSassyVoguette Registered Users 1,510 Posts
    Am I the only one who thinks that last year's celebration was better? I remember Lif being decorated and there were 3 additional tapables - balloons, cake and champagne.
    I'll make it to the end because this event is easier and we get more bonus points, but I'm not so crazy for the earnables :) I expected more for her birthday.. I hope they surprise us more for Halloween
    Vats has my heart. Forever. 💕

iOS
    07/2014 
  • Options
    Stardust1Stardust1 Registered Users 764 Posts
    Am I the only one who thinks that last year's celebration was better? I remember Lif being decorated and there were 3 additional tapables - balloons, cake and champagne.
    I'll make it to the end because this event is easier and we get more bonus points, but I'm not so crazy for the earnables :) I expected more for her birthday.. I hope they surprise us more for Halloween

Omg...can you imagine what that would do to those Androids?. Lol. In my opinion GLU is bitting more that they can chew and are so involve developing other games that this one is not getting as much attention. That's my perception as client, someone in HR at GLU needs to tell the CEO to open the companies pockets to hire more people. Not everything can go to earnings!!
    Xime level 30
    Let's be KKH friends!
    XIME and JAX got married! See them in their celebration Here
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Congratulations DMV and to all who are progressing at the event!

I'm struggling to get there, but I don't know, I never finish the event before Sunday and an entire day without being able to grind the estimates aren't very encouraging, this would be the first time that I didn't complete the event, but I'll try until the last minute.

Nai thanks I'm already feeling a little bit better today.

Great news Charli, love never fails!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    DMV_Doll wrote: »
    I completed all three event gig's. The final is the usual 6hrs ,invite a friend, 25 event stars + additional stars for bonus items. At first I was bummed that I didn't any extra stars for completing all three events, but when I left the venue, Kim called :D

(Notice the "almost perfect ".... I chose Miami, Sydney and Paris)

I should have chose Vegas (she goes there every year, but oh h e l l well she still gave me more event stars!!!!!!!! Lol I don't know how many because I only needed 28 to finish.

I finished the parties this morning and then had a call from Kim. She said it was "perfect" and gave me lots of stars. (:-P ...LOL)
    It finished the event for me so I don't know how many.

Kris had said that Kim would want to party all over the world so I chose the international destination every time.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • Options

Hummm... I wouldn't say it was better per se...

I think last year we had just started having weekend events, the ability to throw parties in our home and earn-able items along with the decorations so our level of excitement was elevated. No real grinding, and we could still have lives outside of the game lol.
    You know... "the good old days " lol (I don't think we even started getting gift boxes until Halloween, right?)

We're now a year in and weekend events seem more like a chore regardless of the occasion. Decorations and extra tappables would have been a nice added touch tho. And they definitely could have chosen a better birthday dress for Kim (but maybe that's the one she wanted... Who knows) But we actually received OR had the opportunity to receive more "things" this year. Costumes for purchase (I'm still shocked by that) dresses, accessories etc.

Have us old timers set the bar too high? And we jaded? What do some of the newbies think of this year's October festivities so far?

I put waaayyyy to much thought into this lol. I see me seeking therapy about this entire game in the future

Andriod player
  • Options
    trufflebuttertrufflebutter Registered Users 441 Posts
    My game is finally working I'm going to win this weekend event now :D
  • Options
    Stardust1Stardust1 Registered Users 764 Posts
    Hummm... I wouldn't say it was better per se...

I think last year we had just started having weekend events, the ability to throw parties in our home and earn-able items along with the decorations so our level of excitement was elevated. No real grinding, and we could still have lives outside of the game lol.
    You know... "the good old days " lol (I don't think we even started getting gift boxes until Halloween, right?)

We're now a year in and weekend events seem more like a chore regardless of the occasion. Decorations and extra tappables would have been a nice added touch tho. And they definitely could have chosen a better birthday dress for Kim (but maybe that's the one she wanted... Who knows) But we actually received OR had the opportunity to receive more "things" this year. Costumes for purchase (I'm still shocked by that) dresses, accessories etc.

Have us old timers set the bar too high? And we jaded? What do some of the newbies think of this year's October festivities so far?

I put waaayyyy to much thought into this lol. I see me seeking therapy about this entire game in the future

I guess we newbies have a seemingly bias idea of what to expect I think. Because we're going through this with you guys and there seems to be so much love for the old times that sometimes I don't know if what we're getting is good or bad.

I think it's good. I mean, it all enters into the game's context. You play, you gain...and the game for me is the running around for energy and completing jobs to gain prizes within the reality of the hollywood the game give us. I do believe many things could be better, the decoration detail could've been nice. I think the game developers need to think about what a game about hollywood generates in people's mind, a game about KK makes you imagine. I would love to have a birthday party for my avatars, their spouses to be more active, to have a little more chances to actually live the hollywood life, to have an amazingbwedding and get to have a venue decorated for the party...that's what we girls love about weddings!! Is not all about, the church and the dress. Yeah, they work a lot but the enjoy life too, and sometimes the enjoyment part of the hollywood life in this game is kinda...boring?.

Tell me about thinking about it to much. lol
    Xime level 30
    Let's be KKH friends!
    XIME and JAX got married! See them in their celebration Here
  • Options
    Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    Yes I got the bracelet! Now let me aim for the shoes. ☺

Screenshot_2015_10_24_08_37_20_1.png
    free image host
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    Pisceswoman4Pisceswoman4 Registered Users 10 Posts
    Hi - which house is the best house for parties? Also, do you get more party stars from 3 hr parties or 8 hr ones?
  • Options
    Pisceswoman4Pisceswoman4 Registered Users 10 Posts
    Is it best to do 3hr or 8hr parties to get the most stars? Also which is the best house to party in?
  • Options
    Did anyone get this weird glitch on their games again? My doll's NPC friend is standing behind the waiter. How rude haha 😁

Screenshot_2015_10_24_11_36_50_1.png
    picture upload sites
    Daily Android KKH player

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    AmyTAmyT Registered Users 1,164 Posts
    I did it! With literally a few minutes to spare before my bff arrives for our night out!
    9B7E9823-3FEC-48F9-90CC-7931FC3B264C_zps5j2yqcrl.png
    Kim didn't seem impressed with my party location choices but I still got extra stars. She said it wasn't international enough (Miami, Vegas and Paris). Don't know if I got less of a bonus due to this, so just a heads up for people!

Good luck everyone for the rest of the event :)

And I have to say.... Omg I'm so stupid! I've been playing this game all this time and I've only just realised that when you collect the kcash/energy/xp points by actually tapping on them when they fall, each item knocks of 5 seconds from the 5 minute timer.

Like, I've read about it so many times but I just thought it meant if you get one energy from a tap-able and pick it up that it just goes straight on to your energy bar instead of having to wait for it to dissolve!
    Top 20 +++
    My doll's name is Madison :)
    (~~ one cat short of crazy! ~~)

iOS player ~~ GC AmyTMadison
    Pm me if you'd like to add Madison on Facebook :)

#fangsforNai
  • Options
    Can someone please help me put Humpty Dumpty back together again? Lol #LiterallyShattered

PhotoGrid_1445705822724_zpstevttzoh.jpg

Andriod player
  • Options
    AliBryantAliBryant Registered Users 6,169 Posts
    HollySisk wrote: »
    I finished the parties this morning and then had a call from Kim. She said it was "perfect" and gave me lots of stars. (:-P ...LOL)
    It finished the event for me so I don't know how many.

Kris had said that Kim would want to party all over the world so I chose the international destination every time.

What cities did you pick Holly? I picked Miami, Sydney, and Paris. And it was "almost perfect".
    iOS
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Did anyone get this weird glitch on their games again? My doll's NPC friend is standing behind the waiter. How rude haha 

Screenshot_2015_10_24_11_36_50_1.png
    picture upload sites

Clearly Glu is breaking the paradigm that two objects can't occupy the same space!

Congrats Amy!

What a h e l l DMV?
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    Can someone please help me put Humpty Dumpty back together again? Lol #LiterallyShattered

PhotoGrid_1445705822724_zpstevttzoh.jpg

Lol I saw the same thing on my game too and I was thinking like what the heck kinda glitch is this lol
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

• Options
    FrancescahillFrancescahill Registered Users 1,288 Posts
    A lot of android users are still using hacks and they get mad because they have glitches I mean it's a joke or what?
  • Options
    FrancescahillFrancescahill Registered Users 1,288 Posts
    I don't understand why Glu only release a system to block the weekend events on iOS users but not on android users. We need to start a campaign or something against the cheaters again.
  • Options
    CatherineBayCatherineBay Registered Users 372 Posts
    Naimonster wrote: »
    Congrats Andrzej! You look great in that entire outfit + the hair! I like that coat, and am even contemplating spending money for Jax. I haven't spent money for him at all since I only created him out of curiosity for the men's wardrobe.

LindaVB, Nice!! Yeah 3 outfits is awesome, I think Koko said Kim's birthday sparked out the celebration mood last year and I'm already getting excited from now on.

Catherine, which box did you pick? Lol, :p And full of energy and Kash in the entire set is gross. I'm now more likely not going to buy 3 boxes per set.

Vats, GET WELL SOOOOOOOOOOON!!

Charli, congrats on the pants!! Were you able to investigate why Bilal freezed in everyone's game?

Holly, good catch! I also couldn't quite figure out what's wrong with the hair, thought it kinda lacks dimension, looks 2D to me.

I chose my usual box: bottom row, second from the left side. I no longer do 3 at a time either because only getting Kash and energy is really really frustrating. I don't mind if I get 40 Kstars bc then I just use it to open another but no chance for a real prize is just wrong.
  • Options
    trevoractortrevoractor Registered Users 1,114 Posts
    Ugh, I chose a different box from my usual (3rd on the top) and went with the first on the top... I ended up with 4,000 kcash and OF COURSE the jacket that I wanted was in my usual...

I'm not going to buy any more boxes though because I'm trying to save up for all these Halloween items before they're removed from our wardrobes. Hopefully we'll have a VIP Event + KStar earning weekend before Halloween or else I'm gunna have to just buy the items
    A+++ Lister // GameCenter: TrevorActor :cool: