Options

General Complaints Thread

Comments

• Options
    FrancescahillFrancescahill Registered Users 1,288 Posts
    edited October 2018
    I wish they put more stuff in the VIP pack. The only thing we get it’s a quest with a “special outfit” that’s available for everyone to purchase in the future anyway and the option to purchase items for less k-stars and before anyone else for a few months (and i’m grateful for it) but i think that’s not enough. i’ve already completed all the VIP partnerships because I have VIP Gold Subscription since it came out and they haven’t add new ones since like forever. I feel like I’m paying $50 bucks per month for nothing. Please consider to update the VIP pack 🙏
  • Options
    soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    I remember awhile ago someone suggesting VIP packs should also come with a monthly allotment of k-stars. I thought that was a great idea. 
  • Options
    HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    I’m so jealous that you’ve completed all the VIP partnerships @Francescahill
    ive had a bronze VIP membership since the second month of the VIP and have only completed a few of the VIP partnerships.  Even though i just have a bronze membership, it’s not worth it. I really need to cancel my VIP membership but always forget.  
    Ok forum friends... how do I cancel it? 
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • Options
    kittenkitten Registered Users 15 Posts
    I don’t believe the free star videos is a location thing either. I tested it out yesterday with a new male account I made.

Every couple of hours I would bring up the free stars button (my main - iphone, male account - really old ipad lol). I would watch the videos at the same time on both accounts.

Half way through the day, it stopped letting me watch videos on my main but my male account could still watch videos.

i got  4 videos on my main and 13 on my male account (I stopped at this point). I also got the same ad all day on both games (ad about an app)

I’m hoping it’s nothing to do with buying stars and it’s just a glitch glu has to fix lol
    🌿🌻🐕
  • Options
    HollySisk said:
    I’m so jealous that you’ve completed all the VIP partnerships @Francescahill
    ive had a bronze VIP membership since the second month of the VIP and have only completed a few of the VIP partnerships.  Even though i just have a bronze membership, it’s not worth it. I really need to cancel my VIP membership but always forget.  
    Ok forum friends... how do I cancel it? 
    You need to go to subscriptions in your Apple ID account there you can cancel it. 
  • Options
    soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    @HollySisk https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202039#subscriptions

I assume it's set up through subscriptions on iTunes since Android uses the Google Play subscriptions 
  • Options
    AliBryantAliBryant Registered Users 6,169 Posts
    edited October 2018
    @Francescahill I don't think the VIP quest rewards are available for purchase to everyone, at least going by the thread that tracks those prizes. Unless maybe they did at one time and stopped? I don't have any of those things available to me to purchase such as the blue lace gown from a few updates ago. I wish I did because some of them are gorgeous! The only ones that I see made available are the ones that started as VIP discount in the closet.
    iOS
  • Options
    FluffybunnyFluffybunny Registered Users 15 Posts
    After I paid money for stars, my ability to watch videos to get free stars was completely eliminated.  Then my phone broke, and when the apple store moved everything from backup to my new phone, I was able to watch videos and get free stars again.  I suspected the purchase removed the free star option from my game.  Glu support said absolutely not, there just weren’t any videos to show me.   They said it was perfectly safe to buy stars again, and promised I would not lose the option to get free stars.  I made another $10 purchase and immediately lost the ability to get free stars. I haven’t been able to watch videos in almost 2 years now.  No way will I ever purchase stars again, because if a company isn’t honest, I won’t give them my money.  
  • Options
    I added to the suggestion thread a few days ago that the VIP plans should come with star packs. I think it's insane that they don't! $50 a month is a huge waste of money for what you get, especially if you have all the partnerships!
    iOS
  • Options
    AngelineJAngelineJ Registered Users 1,511 Posts

I have the same video # dropping issue and I have posted about it many times before on the forum, aka “repeated complaints” 😒 Since this issue has never been fixed, I will post it again. I’m posting in the right thread, am I right? 

I remember exactly when my first purchase was taken and what SMC I bought. Right after that, my free Kstar button from the purchase page disappeared like webra’s image. I spent a lot of time contacting Glu support, did a search on the forum (it happened to players way before I started playing), talked to many players. Glu support’s answer was always the standard answer of the location constraints which is not true in my case. I was already playing two games back then and it happened to the game I made the purchase but not the other one I never made a purchase. I ended up taking the risk of losing my progress, uninstalling then reinstalling the game. That got my free star video button back but since then, I can only watch 5 videos per day. I even tested on three other devices I have access to. My husband is not happy at all that I installed Kim Kardashian’s game on his phone. 😂 I got exactly the same result with 3 other games I tested. This game is the first game and the only game I have ever spent $ on. It took me almost a year to make my first purchase because I was very cautious with spending $ on a game. I have played many other games before KKH and non of them lasted more than 6 months, so bravo, Glu. Like many others have said, we feel being penalized by supporting the game. I wish I had never spent $ on this game. 

@haftime same here, it was that “dumb pride thing” made me test myself how long I could go without putting any $ in a game .. haha.

@TrashleyKKH Any purchase can make your video # drop, SMC, holiday gift boxes, even VIP trials, not just Kstar packs. 

🍎 iOS dolls📱  
    #DontPunishPayingCustomers
  • Options
    FluffybunnyFluffybunny Registered Users 15 Posts
    My free Kstar button also disappeared from the purchase page exactly like webra’s image.  Twice.  Both times it happened after I made a purchase. The second time it happened it was after I had asked about losing this button after a purchase, and they promised I wouldn't lose it again. I feel scammed and wish I hadn't spent those twenty dollars, but at least I learned my lesson and haven't purchased anything since then.   
  • Options
    JohanaJohana Registered Users 520 Posts
    edited October 2018
    For me it was the free VIP trial that limited my video count to 5, pretty early in the game. And I've traveled at least 5 countries since then (including big cities like London and Berlin where you would expect lots of ads) and I always got just 5 ads. I've tried installing the game and watching videos on my boyfriend's phone and was able to watch 20 videos in the same location.
    Editing to add: had I known about the videos being cut, I would never make any purchase including the free trial. I went half a year without making any purchase and the game was still playable, I have grinded for those stars. The few purchases I've made will never be worth the videos being cut. In fact by buying anything you lose about 105 k-stars weekly. I would suggest to the new players to be cautious about the free VIP trial too.
  • Options
    TrashleyKKHTrashleyKKH Registered Users, Member 4,516 Posts
    @Angeline & Jonand @johana thanks for your input Dolls! Now you mention it, I do think it was after I did the VIP trial that my videos was reduced. 
    IOS Player 
  • Options
    icechicicechic Registered Users, Member 281 Posts
    The drop in videos happened to me as well after playing for many years. This is one of only two games I actually enjoy playing & have played for that long. I made my first in-app purchase about a month & a half ago & my videos went from 20 to 5. I am very unhappy about this & contacted Glu as well & recently posted about this in the forum.

I could not believe that a game would be coded to cut three quarters of a players possibility for earnings after giving money to the game. I would have never made a purchase if I knew this because the reward does not outway the damage.... by far! I now have to work four times as long to get what I could have previously and it’s just not right. People have been posting about this for years so it must be known by Glu... and props to those who have continued to advocate for just as long on this injustice.

Everyone’s possibility should be the same no matter if they put money in the game or not. Spending money in a game should not alter the game play... especially for the worse. It’s a shameful way to do business & I see it as ripping people off. I’d like to think Kim herself wouldn’t like what’s happening here to her customers. This issue should be fixed as it’s been going on long enough.

Everyone should be getting 20 videos a day because without (like I’m doing now)... you can’t get anywhere in this game & it’s frustrating. It’s to the point that I get sad every time I miss out on something else because of the alteration to my game. Before I’d at least have a fighting chance at things if I worked long enough. If this doesn’t get adjusted, I’m positive I’ll be playing less & less. And that’s a sad thing because this game has TONS going good for it!

I won’t be spending money in this game again after my experience... at least until it’s been proven to be corrected. Glu, I want you to succeed and I want to support... that’s why I’m making my feelings known. I highly doubt you’d be missing out on any profits with a correction here... so many people love this game & spend so much... fifteen possible videos a day (the average difference) wouldn’t put a dent in that... I’m sure it would grow that much more with the sour taste in people’s mouths removed. Please fix this unethical error in programming. Thanks.
    I play three games on iOS devices.
    #DontPunishPayingCustomers
    #MoreAds4Kstars
    #FixTheWine
  • Options
    quick complaint (or is this a suggestion? who knows) but I think this makeup looks a little funky on the doll. the bottom eyeliner randomly stays when the doll blinks and it looks off lol?

*also would love after all these years if we finally got a black eye colour or a darker brown at least. the darkest colour we have isn’t that dark p: 
    🌿🌻🐕
  • Options
    HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    I agree @kitten
    There are a couple eye makeups that look odd when they blink.  There’s one for sale in the closet that I love how it looks on my doll except the way it looks when it blinks drives me bonkers so I won’t buy it. 

I think the other issue with those Halloween eyes is that the one positioned to be farther away is not in the same location as all our other eyes. 
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • Options
    KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    edited October 2018
    I'm not entirely sure it's if you bought something or not. I say this because I've bought Kstar packs and been VIP for some time and really it's only in the past few months that I've had trouble watching videos. I used to be able to watch a video for a few Kstars, one for Rapid Recharge, and even another for an extra daily gift box. Now? I get a few Kstar videos a day (usually only one during each game play, if I want to see if there is another, I have to shut down the game and open it again), Rapid Recharge is usually MIA and when it does appear it's like at bedtime when it's completely useless to me, and sometimes I can't get the extra gb cause there are no videos.

What I have noticed is that when I used to get more videos, they were for real brands (a beer company lol) and movie trailers.. Now? It's other apps and a milk ad (god that kid putting their face into chocolate cake and yelling "CAAAAAKEEEE!" is so annoying and usually crashes my game). It feels like maybe they're just not getting as many sponsors as they used to for whatever reason.

As for the VIP I agree. I really don't get what I'm paying for some months. I mean the Halloween dress and the eyes were a nice touch and very surprising, but and? Like mentioned it's usually ~11-12 items in the bronze VIP closet and some are the same ones still on sale from the update before. Sure I'll also get a few extra energy bolts, but overall I'm paying $5.99 a month for one free item. I could be saving my money and buying a SMC which comes with more than one item AND Kstars. Not to mention many times when I open my game, my VIP membership isn't counting. Remember that time I opened my daily box, it was a bronze VIP tile I could use to finish the dress, it didn't count, and I'm still one tile away from the dress? It's not fun to play when you feel stupid for paying to get jerked around like that.

This time of year is usually my favorite in the Kim game, but lately I'm just not feeling it. Like I said in the weekend thread, I feel more tricked than treated lately:

-Timer on the Kollections during a non VIP weekend
    -we haven't had a SYS event in a long time now (is it cause that's a weekend event where we could be earning Kstars for a gig?)
    -seeing less Kstars in the weekend gift boxes but I still see Kash (I used to win something every other weekend or so but now I can go a whole update without winning anything cause you're taking items out of the boxes and stuffing them with more kash)
       -non giftbox items in the giftboxes
       -VIP tiles that I don't need stuffing my daily boxes
    -male dolls haven't gotten a 3rd item in how long now, but yet they have 4 items in the gb?
    -instead of a popup shop with Halloween costumes that could eventually go into the closet, we have ANOTHER Kollection
    -how players like Angeline & Jon, Holly, & Linda got messed up with their palettes
    -how many suggestions we have over and over in the thread which aren't listened to (one new kash dress doesn't cut it, we are all one horrible event away from losing everything with no real security)
    -etc

We have ~month til Black Friday when Kstar packs go for sale and I'm seriously wondering if I should just spend my money on something else instead of a game that doesn't care about me.
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • Options
    haftimehaftime Registered Users 970 Posts
    Bringing back the recently expired Kollections: 
    On the one hand, I'm glad they'll be here for the next VIP, and I appreciate Glu listening to our concerns about the short timers that appeared on them after the last update.
    On the other hand, part of good customer service is good communication. If this plan was in the works, it would have been nice to hear about it (since several of us here on the forum expressed that we'd like to have them around for the VIP). Technically, since we were told these could come back at any time, we weren't lied to, but it still feels pretty lousy to have spent stars to open boxes that were about to expire and then have them return 2 days later. 

Since the Kollections get so, so expensive for the last couple boxes, I tend to like to finish them up during VIP events, when I'm more comfortable spending lots of stars. This week, I had decided not to finish the Kollection I was working on after spending 60 stars Tuesday to open a box, getting a pair of gladiator heels Everly won't wear much, and seeing that the next box costs 100 stars. 

These three items-- 2 hairs, 2 tops, and a skirt, will probably cost me over 300 stars, since the boxes will get successively more expensive and I'll only get 70 stars back from one box. It got me thinking, 60+ stars for each of these items? Is it worth it? I probably wouldn't pay that price in the closet for each of these, TBH. I do want to finish a third Kollection, so I can unlock the exclusive Kollection (that has NO energy or kash in it, thank you!), but more and more, Kollections just seem like a really bad deal to complete. 

Now I don't know if I want to finish this Kollection at all, even though it'll be back for the VIP. So the fact that it was expiring and then came back may mean that I just hold on to my k-stars in the end, after all. 
    My doll's name is Everly Rook, I play on iOS, and I'm on FB at facebook.com/everly.rook. 
  • Options
    SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts

KaylaJ said:
    That actually really upsets me. I finished off my Kollection yesterday cause it had a timer that it would end. If I knew I could have more time, esp 18 days, I would've waited to see if we get a VIP. So now when the VIP comes around, I'll have to spend MORE Kstars (rolls eyes). Thanks for another kick in the pants this update Glu.

I have spent a ridiculous amount of money on this game, but I can guarantee that if this kind of stuff continues to happen and Glu doesn’t get their crap together, I will scrap this game and there will be NO MORE GLU GAMES for this girl.  These sneaky moves and disregard for major issues brought up time and time again are becoming too much to deal with 😒

• Options
    It seems kollections always have the stars near the end of the collecting too. My high art looked exactly the same - got everything but those items above. Then to spend 100 stars for 70 stars? No thanks.

Really wanted the hair but it’s kinda annoying that such low star amounts are in boxes that cost 100+ stars to get p:
    🌿🌻🐕
  • Options
    kkhReakkhRea Registered Users, Member 13 Posts
    I'm so confused.. The timer for the Kollections was suddenly extended and I didn't really see any warning of that happening. I literally had to pay for most of the Kollections (including Sublime Separates) all in the same day.. Sigh. I'm glad at least others have the chance to get them more slowly than myself but it really makes me wonder why there wasn't at least a head's up.. 
  • Options
    KKHLucyKKHLucy Registered Users, Member 1,032 Posts
    Honestly I don’t spend my Stars in Kollections anymore since I was about to finish my first kollections and had to spend 150 K stars to get 155 k stars, with the exception of the Halloween one since I was guaranteed to win an item. It’s very rigged like the weekend boxes! This game is getting stupid expensive and there are no benefits. Some weekends we have 3 quests and if we finish in time we only get 3 KStars. Tell me what we can do with 3 KStars?? Nothing. Things within the game is very expensive and barely any ways to win stars, as the businesses give little to no k stars. After I purchased a SMC, my videos went from 20 to 5, which is ridiculous. It’s supposed to take away ads but it’s supposed to be unwanted ads that would pop up after going to a different location, not ads that we CHOOSE to watch for rewards. And don’t get me started on the VIP membership. 
  • Options
    I hope they bring back the Kim Kollections. I think it’s not happening this weekend since we’re getting the Halloween one but please consider it for the near future. 
  • Options
    OhemilieOhemilie Registered Users 941 Posts
    koko are you paid or rewarded in any way for all the work you do on this forum? 

its frustrating that we are being being treated like naughty school children, told to keep quiet or stay in our lane during event threads. I would rather discuss the event, positives AND negatives in event threads and have all other discussion given it’s own space - why should we have to stay quiet about issues that annoy us and have a detrimental effect on how much we enjoy the game but it’s ok to discuss the weather or dinner plans?! I don’t think it’s a negative place, I enjoy seeing other people discussing their issues as it makes me feel like phew not just me! 

The kollections are ridiculous now, coming and going and just a money pit for glu. I ask myself would I be happy to spend 500 stars on an outfit and hair? No? Then I don’t bother with the kollections because that’s what they are asking essentially. Plus the ‘reward’ for spending thousands of stars is... the chance to spend more stars on ‘special’ collections?! Lol no thanks 
    iOS player 
    level 69
  • Options
    This is the conversation I’ve had with glu about missing hair 

iOS player 
    level 69
  • Options
    Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    edited October 2018
    @Ohemilie glu has the worst customer service ever SMH. I've always been dissatisfied with their copy and paste generic responses. That's been my biggest complaint about them ever since. They just dunno how to answer people's questions correctly. Or they just dunno how to resolve people's in-game issues and cannot come up with a solution. If I had to take a five-star 🌟🌟🌟⭐⭐ rating survey and rate them from 5 being the highest and 1 being the lowest, they would end up getting a 1 ⭐ from me lol  :lol:
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    I think 1 star is too generous...! 
    iOS player 
    level 69
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    edited October 2018

ok, I got three Halloween Kollection with the bundle, 1 box cash, 6 Boxes 20 Stars. By all means, post your Kollections, last week 3 Kollections identical to Linda & Holly, made it hard for me. The thread filled up with the so much angst toward Glu and sympathy for the suffering 3. Thing is, it was 4, I posted once, maybe twice but was shot down for suggesting I would have had a Kollection had the buyables not be pulled. Then, the mod in me took over, and I realized my empty Kolllection boxes was because I was fortunate to have been here for all the costumes, and I’ve worked hard and spent hard, like Holly,Linda, and Angeline and I was lucky to have Full costumes.
    please, I would never ask a player to hold onto their hurt.....that causes ulcers. For the record, although it’s attributed to me to have said Be still, don’t complain, I was merely pushing a different location. i never asked to silence anyone. I’ll show my Kollections if you want to see them, but they’re not pretty.
    I am not writing to open the floodgates of despair, but I just wanted everyone to know of course you can post your screenshots and emotions, I’ll just say it was emotionally painful for me in the event thread last weekend, from the screenshot quotes, it looked as thoughnit was half the players here, when I. Fact it was 3 going viral in the same thread.   Happy Birthday Kim.  I don’t know if I’m so weak I’ll end up in Pink, but as of right now, I got costumes. I’m good. Lol.  ;).  Now you have all the facts, I’m not telling anyone where or what to post,  just so happens, I put this here ...in the Complaint thread.  <3
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Val_Val_ Registered Users 358 Posts
    Glu has the worst customer service but it doesn't matter because people continue spending *shrug*. We might complain and rage, but the numbers clearly aren't driving any kind of change.

- we still have Kash and daily items in our boxes
    - we now more and more often only get 2 items per palette
    - the videos issue hasn't been fixes, and since they revamped the offers page I haven't gotten a single payout for completing and no answers to my open tickets
    - we still have VIP tiles in our daily boxes
    - achievements haven't been updated
    - Kollections are ridiculously expensive and they keep adding more 
    - have I missed anything?

ok, I got three Halloween Kollection with the bundle, 1 box cash, 6 Boxes 20 Stars. By all means, post your Kollections, last week 3 Kollections identical to Linda & Holly, made it hard for me. The thread filled up with the so much angst toward Glu and sympathy for the suffering 3. Thing is, it was 4, I posted once, maybe twice but was shot down for suggesting I would have had a Kollection had the buyables not be pulled. Then, the mod in me took over, and I realized my empty Kolllection boxes was because I was fortunate to have been here for all the costumes, and I’ve worked hard and spent hard, like Holly,Linda, and Angeline and I was lucky to have Full costumes.
    please, I would never ask a player to hold onto their hurt.....that causes ulcers. For the record, although it’s attributed to me to have said Be still, don’t complain, I was merely pushing a different location. i never asked to silence anyone. I’ll show my Kollections if you want to see them, but they’re not pretty.
    I am not writing to open the floodgates of despair, but I just wanted everyone to know of course you can post your screenshots and emotions, I’ll just say it was emotionally painful for me in the event thread last weekend, from the screenshot quotes, it looked as thoughnit was half the players here, when I. Fact it was 3 going viral in the same thread.   Happy Birthday Kim.  I don’t know if I’m so weak I’ll end up in Pink, but as of right now, I got costumes. I’m good. Lol.  ;).  Now you have all the facts, I’m not telling anyone where or what to post,  just so happens, I put this here ...in the Complaint thread.  <3
    Aaand we've all voiced our disagreement as to how/where we choose to voice our complaints, and what we want in event threads. You've chosen to ignore all my responses on this (how convenient), and people still continue to disagree with you.
    It's like a broken record, not sure what to say anymore at this point.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Don't forget male dolls getting less! 2 items per palette makes me rage as does the Kash and 20 stars in the halloween palette. The stars should be increased to at least cover what you are spending. It's insulting! 
    iOS